Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you guys play lgbt/ethnic couples?

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2017
    Finvola wrote: »
    I am an anything goes type of player. I have sims that might be straight in one save and gay or bi in another. I let them decide from save to save who they want to be with. I also like a variety of skin tones whether they be brown, purple, tan, green, so forth. I love having diverse towns.
    @Finvola
    That's basically how I play too. Often, the sexuality of my Sims gets determined while I'm playing as a reaction to their autonomy. When a Sim autonomously compliments one particular Sim all the time, then I'll assume my Sim has a crush on that one.
    And then the gender, skin, even species doesn't matter, that Sim is going to ask if he/she is single as a first step! If I like it or not. I never don't. Unless one is in love with Bjorn Bjergsen, I just utterly hate him.

My second Sim in this game (an "alien" without GTW, Lufi Sondrii on the gallery) turned out to be a lesbian. She married Dina eventually. That's when I decided to officially let my Sims decide.
    The first one was a guy who constantly ran around beating up people because I didn't know how to form friendly relationships back then. That playstyle I didn't want to adopt :D

Edit: A word.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    My Sims only marry Townies, so there's lots of interracial couples. I do occasionally play same sex relationships, though not as often. If the game had a feature where it was randomized, I wouldn't mind, but I guess that's not generally where my mind goes for my stories. I will say that in my lit, my mc's father is currently in a gay polyamorous relationship. And they're all mixed race, but you can't really tell.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • berrybelleberrybelle Posts: 9 New Member
    i do! i'm lgbt and in an interracial relationship so it's basically the 'default' to me. infact it'd probably be strange for me to play straight couples! no hate at all, there's just plenty of them around me and i can't see myself in them, so i find more fun and relatability in playing queer+trans couples.

this is something i really enjoy, especially in Sims 4. the gender options are my favourite addition to any sims game and i'm real thankful for them. as well as giving all sims the same opportunities and experiences, especially in things like parenthood. for instance, i can get pregnant, but im not a woman. my sims can now reflect this kind of thing and i appreciate it greatly.

as for different ethnicities, its one of my favourite parts of Sims 4's CAS - how much diversity there is in facial features, skintones, etc. i don't want my sims to all look like the same white european standard of beauty, it gets boring (especially when you LIVE in europe) and really isn't testing my creativity. giving sims diverse faces is one of the easiest ways to make them stand out, as our face is one of the most distinguishing parts of us period.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited October 2017
    Brilinton Bay has a premade Interraciel Couple. Their Newleweds.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Brilinton Bay has a premade Interaciel Couple. Their Newleweds.
    Pic Coming Soon

The Pancakes are interracial too, but in the first Pets trailer, there was a gay couple getting married ^.^
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Brilinton Bay has a premade Interaciel Couple. Their Newleweds.
    Pic Coming Soon

The Pancakes are interracial too, but in the first Pets trailer, there was a gay couple getting married ^.^

The Gay Couple are already confirmed. Their premades as well.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I gotta be honest, I've never done it because from a strictly gameplay perspective, there's simply no benefit to making a gay sim. You're essentially locking yourself out of content involving genetically related children. It's a game, so why would I choose a path with less features...? It's only something I can picture myself doing to add flavor to a neighborhood or so, but I don't think I ever create enough Sims to reach a point I'd do that.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I gotta be honest, I've never done it because from a strictly gameplay perspective, there's simply no benefit to making a gay sim. You're essentially locking yourself out of content involving genetically related children. It's a game, so why would I choose a path with less features...? It's only something I can picture myself doing to add flavor to a neighborhood or so, but I don't think I ever create enough Sims to reach a point I'd do that.

Because it's a game about life :)

Same sex couples can have genetic babies ever since the pride update.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member

Say what, what, WHAT?! How?!
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @Stina1701A you just need to set it so that either one female is set to get others pregnant or a male to get pregnant all of this is where the 3 dots under the the female and male symbols are. you can also play with genetics as well too

anyways these are my girls
    10_10_17_5_29_09pm_by_starsharmony-dbq651l.png
    the black hair one was pregnant with twins before i had them have another child and then adopted 3 cause i wanted to give a few children a better life now they have 6 children and love everyone of them even if the lil toddlers misses them when they go to work
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Stina1701A you just need to set it so that either one female is set to get others pregnant or a male to get pregnant all of this is where the 3 dots under the the female and male symbols are. you can also play with genetics as well too

anyways these are my girls
    10_10_17_5_29_09pm_by_starsharmony-dbq651l.png
    the black hair one was pregnant with twins before i had them have another child and then adopted 3 cause i wanted to give a few children a better life now they have 6 children and love everyone of them even if the lil toddlers misses them when they go to work

Oooooh! Of course! I just just thought it was for transgenders and crossdressers but of course NOT! Now I'm embarrassed :blush: And this is so cool :smiley: Thanks @MelissaStarbees and your girls are gorgeous.

Hm...I've had my gay couple adopt and/or abducted but this opens up some possibilities.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @Stina1701A NP! you learn a little something for the sims everyday :blush: and thank you the darker one was a townie :D
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I dont put labels on people in real life and i dont in my sims whatever happens, happens. They are all sims and that is the way i have them in game. I play in rotation and whatever happens while i am playing another family i run with it. There is too much i want to do in the game to set up relationships i let them choose and go from there. Just like real life its ok with me. I am an older simmer and there were never labels on people in my life. I chose to call them all friends. I choose to call all in my game sims
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nope, I only play couples based on my strict conservative views. I even modded the game to fit my views.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Yup, in CAS you can make it so one of them can get pregnant. I also go in cas.fulleditmode and make children for my gay couples. Diego Lobo and a male sim I made now have 4 beautiful children thanks to that.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    My first same sex sim couple wasn´t planned, I moved my sim in her new apartment the welcome wagon came and I left my play to go to the bathroom and when I returned my sim has a romantic interest with Penny Pizzaz, so I married them :)
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Actually before that with the help of mods. There has been a wide range of mods that will allow you to impregnate same sex couples.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Haha, wow, good one on me for completely failing to follow up with the pic I intended to post for two months.

Anyway, here's two members of the previously mentioned gay polyamorous relationship in a different save.

38652559796_f43e1c3b03.jpg

It was supposed to just be Calvin (not pictured) and Calvin (in the purple), but I had Antoine (in the white) and Calvin saved together and I couldn't bring myself to delete him :( So now I'm stuck trying to juggle the three of them, which is super hard without any mods or anything. They're so cute together though, so it's worth it :)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2017
    If you like more randomness with orientation and gender in your game:

MTS user PolarBearSims made a mod that allows you to globally randomise orientation of newly born/created/generated townies and CAS sims. Has various flavours (all gay, all straight and several settings in between). http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=602770

MTS user hugs made quick mod to utilise the CAS gender changes in townie generation, if anyone is interested. So you can have townies spawn as fem-framed males, tomboy girls, trans sims or infertile sims... You can edit the percentages yourself. Adds potential extra dynamics to family play if your couple has to adopt, divorce and find a fertile lover or remain childless etc (but you can always change it in CAS for individuals if you don't want it for that household). http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=603109
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    tumblr_inline_oy7o17PXRU1ueo9io_500.png
    Clay and his trans husband Rowan (currently pregnant with their future twins) from my Legacy challenge. I usually play lgbtq sims, however since I'm doing a legacy challenge without the adoption, I have to stick to mainly hetero couples (until I remembered you can make trans sims!) I've been considering a same sex pregnancy mod, which I believe..?? MCC supports. I had that mod in both sims 2 and 3, truth be told. Maybe next legacy :B Also, I love seeing everyone's sims!

• LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I dooooo~
    And Sims 4 makes it so EXCELLENTLY easy with the gender settings being able to make females give children and males receive~ It's great! B)
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    All the time. It's nice to have as much diversity as possible as it makes things a lot more interesting and everyone doesn't end up becoming or looking the same. I think I might even be starting to have more LGBT couples than straight ones now. lol
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    kurdaneva wrote: »
    I usually play lgbtq sims, however since I'm doing a legacy challenge without the adoption, I have to stick to mainly hetero couples (until I remembered you can make trans sims!) I've been considering a same sex pregnancy mod, which I believe..?? MCC supports. I had that mod in both sims 2 and 3, truth be told. Maybe next legacy :B Also, I love seeing everyone's sims!

You don't need a mod - you can go into "change sim" at the mirror and set sims of either gender to be able to become pregnant, make others pregnant, or neither. It's part of the base game.

• Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    All of my families are mixed raced for the most part. I love to play with sims from different cultures and I am African American myself. I have a Indian family, Native American family, Puerto Rican family
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @Caszidy215, would you mind sharing the Native American family?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top