Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited March 2017
    Definitely agree that they made this known a while ago and I don't mind the $10 price tag. But I mean - who doesn't like free updates :p ?

I also enjoy that they added the teen hangout lot trait (if it can get working properly). I'd love to have certain venues more geared towards teens :):) !

It's meh for me. At the end of the day, EA is a company and I'm glad to pay for something if I like it and if it shows they worked hard. on it. But of course, that's just me.

Edit: hard . on. (hard space on) is censored...seriously?! I see no other way of phrasing my sentence -_-
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    *cough* it's not nice for everyone *cough* since for someone like me I have to wait for the next game pack bundle to get it off Instant Gaming since Origin doesn't allow for Canadian debit cards and I don't have a paypal account so I have to get 3packs at the price of 1 *cough*
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's a lot easier on a collector's wallet too ;) I'll take a $10 bowling pack over a $35(?) cinema pack anyday.

I really wanted the Romantic Stuff pack, but after I saw what all was in it, I knew I wasn't going pay $10 for that. I was just plants. It took a year later, for Dine Out bundle to get it. The way i see it, it was $10 for Dine Out and $5 for the Romantic Stuff and another $5 for Movie Stuff. good deal.
    It's true, I'll be somewhat careful, but I can't stop myself. More items for my stories.

That's how I approach. The more stuff my sims get to do, the better it is for me as a player.
    It's like a five minute live stream.

*Just joking* lol I have no idea how long it is.

Essentially, that's how much actual game play they'll feature. The next 45-75 minutes is selling you on it and introducing you to a guru/developer. lol
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Judging from the trailer, there's some rockabilly-inspired CAS content. Which makes sense for a vintage sport like bowling (I love it but the bowling leagues in my area skew towards older groups who grew up with lots of bowling)

That and bowling shoes.

The Rockabilly stuff is the second main reason I'm getting it. I love my guys to dress up like that.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    Well I had a good week of writing. Probably the best I've had in a while. May even gotten my mojo back. I finished writing a new episode and started draft 2 more. The only set back, it the that the teleport mod is broken. So it's going to make some things a bit trick as far as very specific group poses go. But I'll get through it fine. There's still a good teleport cheat that works fine for what I'm doing.

Another thing I've gotten accomplished this week is reorganizing my mods folder. Now I can remove all non Maxis match CC with no hassle. Which mean I can start doing setup for my machinima that is yet to be named. (But some of you have read it already :wink::wink: ) I so excited to finally get started on that. I'm gonna start outlining it today.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Well I had a good week of writing. Probably the best I've had in a while. May even gotten my mojo back. I finished writing a new episode and started draft 2 more. The only set back, it the that the teleport mod is broken. So it's going to make some things a bit trick as far as very specific group poses go. But I'll get through it fine. There's still a good teleport cheat that works fine for what I'm doing.

Another thing I've gotten accomplished this week is reorganizing my mods folder. Now I can remove all non Maxis match CC with no hassle. Which mean I can start doing setup for my machinima that is yet to be named. (But some of you have read it already :wink::wink: ) I so excited to finally get started on that. I'm gonna start outlining it today.

i have to write when its dark out because theres sawing and other construction noise. when its dark they can't work.
  • Options

i have to write when its dark out because theres sawing and other construction noise. when its dark they can't work.

I like working at night but my body doesn't. :lol:
  • Options

mine doesn't either but if i want to focus there can't be outside noise. i don't mean construction only i mean any noise i can't control .
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

mine doesn't either but if i want to focus there can't be outside noise. i don't mean construction only i mean any noise i can't control .

Me too. In fact, I used to wear ear plugs because I used to be in the same room as hubby and the tv. It got to be too much, though, so I moved to our basement. Now I just shut the door and throw on some rain or thunderstorm sounds.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

I get it. It's something about the quiet of night that real gets you motivated creatively. Unfortunately, I live by a major street so there's always a chance of hearing a car wreck or some randomness. The stray cats are in heat, so they spent the entire night shuffle, meowing and peeing all around my building. Needless to say I did not sleep too good last night.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited March 2017
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Miki wrote: »
    Guess what!

Keeping Up With the Joneses is back for a little while!! Weeeee!

Asia visits Eliza and discovers that she is pregnant. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-11-1-more-pancakes-please/

Wow, thanks.. I was jonesing for the Joneses!

^_^

You read the Joneses? You sneaky...

Hey I'm a little late for this remark but it can't hurt to quote that you started writing that tale again.

I have started. Kimmy (user Park for those not in the know) is the real reader around here, though.

She reads the wrappers on candy bars, bubble gum-- anything with words-- too..
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Hello, everyone,

Currently on my lunch break at work, waiting for my second dose of cold medicine to kick in. (Had to work super late earlier in the week which I guess was just enough to throw my immune system our of whack.) Had a pretty good week as far as my Sims go, though. I got two more lots played and updated, and I'm finally past the endless stream of Sim weddings-I had five lots in a row where a teen grew up and got married. I think I'm all set with Sim weddings for awhile now.

I also discovered last night that the patch fixed a Mac-specific bug that's been in my game since before City Living-ironically, the bug related to photography/paint from reference and now with the teleporter mod broken my ability to take advantage of the fix is limited. Good to know someone's looking into it, though.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Guess what!

Keeping Up With the Joneses is back for a little while!! Weeeee!

Asia visits Eliza and discovers that she is pregnant. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-11-1-more-pancakes-please/

Wow, thanks.. I was jonesing for the Joneses!

^_^

You read the Joneses? You sneaky...

Hey I'm a little late for this remark but it can't hurt to quote that you started writing that tale again.

I have started. Kimmy (user Park for those not in the know) is the real reader around here, though.

She reads the wrappers on candy bars, bubble gum-- anything with words-- too..

Cool lol. You'll have to let me know what you think!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    maddswallmaddswall Posts: 15 New Member
    How is everyone today?
    We've got a bit of a heat wave today (70°F, woohoo!!), so I was able to take the kids I nanny outside (thank goodness). And their mom is on break next week, which means I'm on break, which means lots of simming! Maybe I'll get enough written to feel comfortable releasing the first chapter of my legacy. :D

@Jes2G I've just started reading The Joneses the other day! I'm not too far in yet (I think 2.3), but I'm loving it so far!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Maladi777 @purplestarz2006 @InfraGreen Andrew from the Sims 4 studio website updated and fixed the teleporter mod here's the link:

http://sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio?page=1&scrollTo=43313

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Maladi777 @purplestarz2006 @InfraGreen Andrew from the Sims 4 studio website updated and fixed the teleporter mod here's the link:

Yes!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    In June (on June the 8th) I will be attending the Medieval Times show&a meal (lunch) with my day-program. I can't wait for it. Plus on the Saturday (June 10th) I will be doing the walk I did for the 1st time last year for mental health
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    maddswall wrote: »
    How is everyone today?
    We've got a bit of a heat wave today (70°F, woohoo!!), so I was able to take the kids I nanny outside (thank goodness). And their mom is on break next week, which means I'm on break, which means lots of simming! Maybe I'll get enough written to feel comfortable releasing the first chapter of my legacy. :D

@Jes2G I've just started reading The Joneses the other day! I'm not too far in yet (I think 2.3), but I'm loving it so far!

What??? We got snow all day today :'( ...I'm so ready for Spring!
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    It's been a while since I've been here, but I wanted to say thanks for the birthday wishes!! You're all wonderful and I love each of you :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    It's been a while since I've been here, but I wanted to say thanks for the birthday wishes!! You're all wonderful and I love each of you :)

Hugs! You're here! Hi! :D:*
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

hi aero

we need a excited emoji
  • Options

I am!! I decided to stop by! Such a great vibe here! Hugs back!
  • Options

hi aero

we need a excited emoji

Hiya @friendsfan367! I can feel the excitement in your typing :)
  • Options

hi aero

we need a excited emoji

hugs. i forgot those.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

hi aero

we need a excited emoji

hugs. i forgot those.

Dang! I was writing--did you go? LOL!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top