Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hello everyone! ^_^ My newest story is here, Confining Space!: https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com/2018/07/19/chapter-one-irma/

Commenting or messaging me critique on my story would be much appreciated, since I'm still inexperienced at Simlet, although I plan to release Chapter Three and maybe Chapter Four of On Their Way with the content I already have for that story, before it goes on hold for an unclear amount of time. Any feedback for either story is still much appreciated, as is following my Wordpress, if you think my writing's any good, lol. :blush:

I think your writing is great ! It's got an internal, reflective quality, in this chapter , that I love ! Love the narrator , too , and I'm eager to read on!

Thanks! I did first person so that introspective look into my Sims' minds would be obvious. I will say though, I don't agree with everything they think. :grin:
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    i forgot i had mc. which means i won't die because noel and lauren live together again. jes was upset i did the experiment cathtea wasn't or if she was she didn't say. noel will still have to see his daughter because hes a good dad but as far the expriment its over.

i love when the benders challenge me which is probably why i still write them . but i told jes i had expected cathtea to be mad and her to be the one who liked it. i was shocked it went the other way. i guess even they suprise me sometimes. i love them though. :)

Well, you got to remember I was a child of the 60's (literally!). So, it takes a lot to shock me. Pretty much, as long as folks are happy, fulfilled, healthy, and living their best lives expressing themselves as best they can, I'm happy. And that's how you play your Sims, so that keeps me happy! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Rockannie wrote: »
    J finished my new banner for my blog!!! I'm super terrible at any kind of artistic thing but I think it looks pretty awesome :))) Also got a pic of all 3 heirs of the Star legacy together which is real nice

Looks awesome! :)

i agree with bugsie. it does look awesome.

Ahhh thank you!! Tryin real hard to be all professional and plum :P Y'all make it real hard with how talented you are with banners and stuff though :D:D

Gosh it is awesome! It looks really professional, and also hip and appealing! Nice work! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i forgot i had mc. which means i won't die because noel and lauren live together again. jes was upset i did the experiment cathtea wasn't or if she was she didn't say. noel will still have to see his daughter because hes a good dad but as far the expriment its over.

i love when the benders challenge me which is probably why i still write them . but i told jes i had expected cathtea to be mad and her to be the one who liked it. i was shocked it went the other way. i guess even they suprise me sometimes. i love them though. :)

Well, you got to remember I was a child of the 60's (literally!). So, it takes a lot to shock me. Pretty much, as long as folks are happy, fulfilled, healthy, and living their best lives expressing themselves as best they can, I'm happy. And that's how you play your Sims, so that keeps me happy! :)

good because i can't garuntee it won't happen again. but with noel and lauren its a time thing. not a i hate you thing. . thats later with a differnt couple.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    I got really annoyed at (program)today. We have a chore sheet and I signed up for garbage and after lunch another peer started to do the garbage and I had to ask another peer to tell first one (I had no idea what the guy's name was)-that I was supposed to do the garbage. Then after I did the kitchen one I went to get another garbage bag from the lunch room (for the kitchen) and I discovered that I had to change the garbage bag in the lunch room AGAIN due to the one person who always has 3rd or 4th helpings of lunch- had put his dirty paper plates into the clean bag and since on Thursdays we don't want the rooms to be stunk up over the weekend..for when people get back on Monday..it smells baddly
    6adMCGP.gif
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I just posted chapter 10 of my story. The Berry Family. I am not good at making forum signatures. The house is almost fully in the green. Need more testing the routing. By the way, Smokey is 3 months old since Tuesday. October 9th she should turn 6 months.

f
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    H3cdQwr.png

Damion deals with triplet trouble in chapter 37!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

i do know your a 60s child. i just don't rub in being 16 yrs younger anymore.......opps. love you.
  • JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Hey guys, it's been a while! I haven't been writing due to the fact that I gave birth to my son in real life on July 4th so I've been pretty tired and busy. I'm finally getting some of my energy back but a newborn still demands a lot from me. I have however found time to work on my legacy a little bit at a much more leisurely pace than before. (No I can't play a full week in one day anymore. Haha.)

Still though, I have managed to get an update out! Week 37

All my other stories are currently on Hiatus until my son can sleep through the night.

since i don't have kids except the benders can i ask what your son sleeping through the night has to do with your stories. sorry i just don't connect it. although one of my sims has a newborn who wakes up so much i didn't get a pic til today.

Well, my son is only 2 weeks old so he takes most of my attention, I don't have a lot of time to be on my computer right now. He needs to be fed every 1-3 hours, changed, cuddled, etc. When he is a little bit older I will be able to have some 'me' time again.
    Hey guys, it's been a while! I haven't been writing due to the fact that I gave birth to my son in real life on July 4th so I've been pretty tired and busy. I'm finally getting some of my energy back but a newborn still demands a lot from me. I have however found time to work on my legacy a little bit at a much more leisurely pace than before. (No I can't play a full week in one day anymore. Haha.)

Still though, I have managed to get an update out! Week 37

All my other stories are currently on Hiatus until my son can sleep through the night.

since i don't have kids except the benders can i ask what your son sleeping through the night has to do with your stories. sorry i just don't connect it. although one of my sims has a newborn who wakes up so much i didn't get a pic til today.

Well, my son is only 2 weeks old so he takes most of my attention, I don't have a lot of time to be on my computer right now. He needs to be fed every 1-3 hours, changed, cuddled, etc. When he is a little bit older I will be able to have some 'me' time again.

the thread moves fast i didn't know you had a newborn til right now. congrats.
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    H3cdQwr.png

Damion deals with triplet trouble in chapter 37!

following your blog
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2018

@Jessicthulhu Awh, I remember those days. My son is now four. It can be difficult those first few weeks but still they are so worth it. I'm sure that everyone understands about the stories being on hiatus for now. Good luck with your new little boy. Enjoy the cuddles while you can...Sometimes I miss when my big boy was just a cute little bundle... albeit a hungry, sometimes loud bundle, but in the end you mostly just remember the cuddles. :)

• JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    @friendsfan367 Yeah, well I didn't mention it on this forum until just recenty. I only posted it on my blog for those who followed it. I've been too tired until recently to inform anyone on anything. Thanks though!

@TheAemaSimming Yes! I love the cuddles of course. Sometimes I am really eager for him to get just a little bit older so he is more aware and alert of things, but I know that it will happen in a blink of an eye and I'll end up missing the newborn stage. The exhaustion has been worth it. :P
    @friendsfan367 Yeah, well I didn't mention it on this forum until just recenty. I only posted it on my blog for those who followed it. I've been too tired until recently to inform anyone on anything. Thanks though!

@TheAemaSimming Yes! I love the cuddles of course. Sometimes I am really eager for him to get just a little bit older so he is more aware and alert of things, but I know that it will happen in a blink of an eye and I'll end up missing the newborn stage. The exhaustion has been worth it. :P

i think i knew you were pregnant but since i didn't know how far along i didn't know you had the baby.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Jessicthulhu I know I said this already but congratulations!
    So, question... Does anyone else have some new stories I can get into? I want to have more connections in the community, but every story I see already has 30+ chapters, lol, and I would rather read a story that's, well... less on its feet. If there's any stories that still only have 10 or so chapters that are currently active, you folks can totally send them my way! I'm keeping an eye out anyway, of course, but help is always appreciated.
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited July 2018
    So, question... Does anyone else have some new stories I can get into? I want to have more connections in the community, but every story I see already has 30+ chapters, lol, and I would rather read a story that's, well... less on its feet. If there's any stories that still only have 10 or so chapters that are currently active, you folks can totally send them my way! I'm keeping an eye out anyway, of course, but help is always appreciated.

You should totally checkout @Faoiltearna's Eco-Existence Story, the Underwood Decision. It just got 10 chapters, plus its a very rivetting story so far. :)
    Post edited by TheAemaSimming on
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @TheAemaSimming Yes, I plan to check that story out. That title is too captivating to miss. XD
  • FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Zonino! I'd just read through the whole story, and finished chapter 34 today, so my timing was perfect!

You should totally checkout @Faoiltearna's Eco-Existence Story, the Underwood Decision. It just got 10 chapters, plus its a very rivetting story so far. :)

:blush: Awww, thanks for the boost Aema! I'm glad you're enjoying it.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Zonino! I'd just read through the whole story, and finished chapter 34 today, so my timing was perfect!
    @Faoiltearna really? Wow because I just started your story. That's so cool. XD Unfortunately I'm not a fast reader during uni term, but I do finish what I read, particularly when they're enjoyable stories like yours. :)
    @Faoiltearna really? Wow because I just started your story. That's so cool. XD Unfortunately I'm not a fast reader during uni term, but I do finish what I read, particularly when they're enjoyable stories like yours. :)

I'm a quick reader, and I read at night just before going to sleep. I can get through about 3-4 chapters easily... and usually have to force myself to put away whatever I'm reading or I'll never get any sleep. I was bummed :disappointed: when I realized I'd gotten to the last chapter on yours. But now I'll have a new chapter to read! I've got several other blogs from here that I'm trying to catch up on so that I can get current with them as well. Then I'll have a list of new chapters to rotate through for my pre-bedtime reading.

I'm intrigued to see where your story goes. :)

Your link didn't work for me?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top