Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Awesome @Shadami ! :smiley: I've just read it and am sooo excited to find out who this heir is going to be
    Hope it's Anna :D
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I started another story.....but this one isn't plot driven so it's okay!!

Chapter 1 (this is tumblr exclusive as I don't want to set up another WP site. :unamused: )
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Chapter 1 (this is tumblr exclusive as I don't want to set up another WP site. :unamused: )

@Bugsie2016 How do you keep up with all these stories?? You're like the ultimate multi-tasker! Furthermore, all your stories are really awesome!
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 How do you keep up with all these stories?? You're like the ultimate multi-tasker! Furthermore, all your stories are really awesome!

I don't keep up with them. I write my main two weekly. My other one is every two weeks and I have a bunch of chapters written for that. My fourth is on a kinda hiatus while I think of some plot. Harry's needs updating (it's nearly been 2 months and it gets updated that often. :lol: ). This new one isn't plot driven, I get to just play the game! :) Not multi-tasking at all. :lol:

Also, thanks! :)
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member

Neat! I used to write exclusively game-driven (mostly challenges and such), but I've since switched over to plot-driven stories. I like the way this is just like a little peek into the daily life of the main character- also, his backstory has a very realistic sound to it. :) I'm interested to see where his life goes!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I do nothing plot driven. xD not even my novels that i write. I just let things unfold. i'm weird.
  • Options

Neat! I used to write exclusively game-driven (mostly challenges and such), but I've since switched over to plot-driven stories. I like the way this is just like a little peek into the daily life of the main character- also, his backstory has a very realistic sound to it. :) I'm interested to see where his life goes!

Thanks! Finally took some stress of myself by putting two of my stories on hiatus (not my main two, those are safe. :) ). I'm cutting down to 3 plot driven and 1 story driven (as stress relief!)
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I thought I'd start the [insert time of day you're currently experiencing here] off with a question. Which of your sims is your favorite to write? (Whether from their point of view, or just in dialogue.) :)

For the Keen Legacy, definitely Rose (and no contest up to this point). I love writing for people who say one thing and mean another (liars, I guess?) With Rose, it cracks me up that she works so hard to put on this facade of pleasantness while masking her emotions so that nobody will know how she really feels. It's the same reason I love writing for Aunt Nancy in We Belong to the Song, because she's a similar case - says one thing and means another (though she's a bit more malevolent than Rose is...)

The other thing I like writing are people who think they're smarter than they are (read: Wendy).

@superkyle221 coincidentally, I'm writing a liar-type character write now. I've decided that I'm going to write my second SimLit in first person from a few different perspectives, and it's been fun so far! Now I'm on a chapter from the liar's perspective (well, he's not a liar in the sense that he tries to deceive people maliciously or anything like that, he's just not honest with his emotions :D ) so I can definitely agree that liar-types are fun to write for!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I thought I'd start the [insert time of day you're currently experiencing here] off with a question. Which of your sims is your favorite to write? (Whether from their point of view, or just in dialogue.) :)

For the Keen Legacy, definitely Rose (and no contest up to this point). I love writing for people who say one thing and mean another (liars, I guess?) With Rose, it cracks me up that she works so hard to put on this facade of pleasantness while masking her emotions so that nobody will know how she really feels. It's the same reason I love writing for Aunt Nancy in We Belong to the Song, because she's a similar case - says one thing and means another (though she's a bit more malevolent than Rose is...)

The other thing I like writing are people who think they're smarter than they are (read: Wendy).

@superkyle221 coincidentally, I'm writing a liar-type character write now. I've decided that I'm going to write my second SimLit in first person from a few different perspectives, and it's been fun so far! Now I'm on a chapter from the liar's perspective (well, he's not a liar in the sense that he tries to deceive people maliciously or anything like that, he's just not honest with his emotions :D ) so I can definitely agree that liar-types are fun to write for!

@IchigoUsagi Ooh a character in denial, is it??? I like this....
  • Options

I don't keep up with them. I write my main two weekly. My other one is every two weeks and I have a bunch of chapters written for that. My fourth is on a kinda hiatus while I think of some plot. Harry's needs updating (it's nearly been 2 months and it gets updated that often. :lol: ). This new one isn't plot driven, I get to just play the game! :) Not multi-tasking at all. :lol:

Oh come on @Bugsie2016 you have to say your organisational skills are pretty impressive.
  • Options

Oh come on @Bugsie2016 you have to say your organisational skills are pretty impressive.

That explaination made me realise I need to relax a little more. Take some chill time. So stuck two of them on hiatus till easter (I have a little time then to write chapters...) and Greek is every two weeks still. I only have 2/3 chapters a week now. :)
  • Options

@IchigoUsagi Ooh a character in denial, is it??? I like this....

Yeah, that's a good way to describe him! This character actually made me tempted to check out the height-slider mod (because in the short stories I wrote a while back that I'm basing this SimLit off of he was supposed to be much shorter than the other characters) but I decided against it because I worry about mods messing up my game and try not to use them when I can avoid it. I also still want contact interactions between my sims to work, so I have to restrain myself. :sweat_smile:
  • Options

That explaination made me realise I need to relax a little more. Take some chill time. So stuck two of them on hiatus till easter (I have a little time then to write chapters...) and Greek is every two weeks still. I only have 2/3 chapters a week now. :)

That sounds like a nice, manageable amount. :) It's always good not to put too much pressure on yourself!
  • Options

That sounds like a nice, manageable amount. :) It's always good not to put too much pressure on yourself!

It is. :) I can write 2 chapters a week, easy. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i tried plot driven once . noel and lauren weere okay, ayden hated it i got to generation2 his generation i think he broke all the rules in 10 days.
  • Options

I think I'm going to aim for that once I've gotten my second SimLit up and running. One chapter of each a week sounds like a good amount. (Although I'll probably end up doing more or less depending on my mood! :D I'm not very good at sticking to schedules.)
  • Options

I think I'm going to aim for that once I've gotten my second SimLit up and running. One chapter of each a week sounds like a good amount. (Although I'll probably end up doing more or less depending on my mood! :DI'm not very good at sticking to schedules.)

Me neither. :lol:
  • Options

i tried plot driven once . noel and lauren weere okay, ayden hated it i got to generation2 his generation i think he broke all the rules in 10 days.

What rules did he break? :o The rules of the plot?
  • Options

I think I'm going to aim for that once I've gotten my second SimLit up and running. One chapter of each a week sounds like a good amount. (Although I'll probably end up doing more or less depending on my mood! :DI'm not very good at sticking to schedules.)

not true you change avis every few day just to mess with me :p
  • Options

I'm being good this week!! Not changing it until Sunday!!! :)
  • Options

What rules did he break? :o The rules of the plot?

no cheating .technically it was revenge but still stiick with your spouse. theres more but i don't want to say to much i'm doing a rewrite. because he got in my head when my game broke andi tried to start fresh and said what abut me?
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 @IchigoUsagi That's good. And that's why I think you both have good organisation skills, because you know your limits. :)

@IchigoUsagi ooh yay, now I'm even more intrigued. I wonder what he's in denial about? Also, yeah, I wanted height sliders to make Henry taller, since he is supposed to be taller than Alexander and handsomer, but also decided against it because I am worried it might break the game, since I use two mods already.
  • Options

at 6 am my time. pacfic i work that day.
  • Options

Aww but @Bugsie2016 I like this avi. :(
  • Options

Aww but @Bugsie2016 I like this avi. :(

I have the patience of a 3 year old when it comes to that. I can wait longer than Sunday (it's already killing my will power...)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top