Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Hello everybody

Apologizes for the question. I got a friend who searched for sims 2 stories with edited screenplayed pictures that capture reader's attention as Little Fire Burning on Facebook. I can't help her because I don't know any sims 2 stories myself and my very very few readers and followers on wordpress are sims 3 and sims 4 storywritters (I keep my story as confidential as possible due to my English level). Please if you know a couple of stories that suits her requests, please can you send me them, I'll give her the links.
    It doesn't matter the site people published their stories.

Thank you very very much.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I am doing a different type of family. I always played a couple but now playing brothers. Read it here
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @simscognito there's something pericular about the magic school bus and the new series doesn't help really. In places like Canada when the original Magic School bus aired on channels which didn't have commercials- there would be a "Producer" sequment at the end of each episodes most of the time it's answered by a male producer but one at least it was answered by a female producer. But other times other people who are from the main show itself will answer the phone.. Ms.Frizzle herself, Phoebe, and in one eposide ( one-shot character) would answer the phone in the producer section. Sometimes the producer is walking around in the set of where the kids were in while talking on the phone about whatever the caller's problem was about. The only reason I said the new series doesn't help much? It's because Ms. Friz herself is the producer in-show.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @eXokamikaze mmm... tiramisu is delicious. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 the 2 households of Magic School bus are up on the gallery
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Simphonique no need to apologize for the question. I popped over to read a chapter of the story you mentioned and holy guacamole! It was intense, and really good. I will add it to my long list of SimLit to read. As for TS2 stories, I don't really have any I follow except http://dunne-ias.tumblr.com/tagged/pleasantviewround1/chrono about the Goth family. I would suggest the Stories and Legacies Index by @mastressalita here - https://storiesandlegaciesindex.wordpress.com/tag/game-sims-2/ with a listing of TS2 stories. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 the 2 households of Magic School bus are up on the gallery

Thanks, @MadameLee.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Oh man, I should've got the height slider ages ago. Look at how much cooler the scene looks with the height difference between the two main characters! :(
    01-28-18_2-59-16c2a0pm-e1517104963282.png

That is just awesome. You got me curious, so I had to GOOGLE it. Now I want.

I thought there would be problems with eye contact and some interactions. Eye contact was fine, when I got the two to hug...
    01-28-18_2-34-03c2a0pm-e1517115541225.png
    :D

and that's one reason (not to mention cooking for instance) why we don't have different heights. (OR disabilities)

Sadly it comes down to logistics more than anything else.

Let's say that there are a thousand different interaction animations between two sims. There's probably significantly more but just to make things easier we'll go with that. :) EA would have to hire someone/a team to make the sims skeleton two more times and create animations that fit each body size. Assuming they only go with a Short, Medium, Tall option, that's still at least 4,000 animations just between two sims - that's to cover Short with Short, Short with Med, Short with Tall, Med with Tall. I don't know if they'd need to create more if a different sized sim initiated the interaction or not, let's just go with no.

Then you add all the animations to solo actions such as cooking, gardening, going through doors - they'd need to animate tall people ducking through doors. Once that is done, they'd probably need to look at each piece of clothing with a pattern and redo it completely to the other two body types, leaving them as they are will probably cause the pattern to squash or stretch.

All of this is before we even talk about disabilities. It's something I would love to see in the game as part of the base package but sadly, that is just going to be too much work.

This is exactly why I believe they made teens and adults the same size. Too much work to create a third height and sets of clothes.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Oh man, I should've got the height slider ages ago. Look at how much cooler the scene looks with the height difference between the two main characters! :(

I thought there would be problems with eye contact and some interactions. Eye contact was fine, when I got the two to hug...

and that's one reason (not to mention cooking for instance) why we don't have different heights. (OR disabilities)

Let's say that there are a thousand different interaction animations between two sims. There's probably significantly more but just to make things easier we'll go with that. :) EA would have to hire someone/a team to make the sims skeleton two more times and create animations that fit each body size. Assuming they only go with a Short, Medium, Tall option, that's still at least 4,000 animations just between two sims - that's to cover Short with Short, Short with Med, Short with Tall, Med with Tall. I don't know if they'd need to create more if a different sized sim initiated the interaction or not, let's just go with no.

Then you add all the animations to solo actions such as cooking, gardening, going through doors - they'd need to animate tall people ducking through doors. Once that is done, they'd probably need to look at each piece of clothing with a pattern and redo it completely to the other two body types, leaving them as they are will probably cause the pattern to squash or stretch.

All of this is before we even talk about disabilities. It's something I would love to see in the game as part of the base package but sadly, that is just going to be too much work.

This is exactly why I believe they made teens and adults the same size. Too much work to create a third height and sets of clothes.

wouldn't it be a third and 4th set of clothes one for teen boys and another 4 teen girls?

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi everyone! Chapter 3 is up for the Wolf Pack Challenge. It's Tuesday and Rusty has some strategies to make some simoleons. Enjoy!

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2018/01/28/the-wolf-pack-challenge-ch-3-day-3-tues-make-more-simoleons-strategies

shredder_happy_collecting_feathers.png
    Hooray! I finally have a chapter release for you all... from Livin'A'Simmin'Life (LASL) (my TS4 Simself story with an ISBI challenge).

11-13-17_2-10-01c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576

Lizzie enjoys a night out at the club with her little sister... and things get a little tipsy. All in good fun. ;)
    Entry No. 6 How to Have a Good Time (LASL)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Chapter 3 is up for the Wolf Pack Challenge. It's Tuesday and Rusty has some strategies to make some simoleons. Enjoy!

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2018/01/28/the-wolf-pack-challenge-ch-3-day-3-tues-make-more-simoleons-strategies

shredder_happy_collecting_feathers.png

now i'm confused. because its sunday.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Exactly but I do have hope that EA (or a competitor, whenever that is) can figure it out, even if for a later game. Because the only animations I've noticed that are irreparably impacted by height differences are those involving the face (kisses, the "feed each other cake" interaction at weddings, etc.) They've figured out how to have sims simply reach or bend their limbs more for hugs and interacting with objects fine.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Hi, all! Short chapter from my Vet and Home Challenge!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)

wouldn't it be a third and 4th set of clothes one for teen boys and another 4 teen girls?

Well, yeah, now that toddlers exist I guess it would be a 4th set. But, no, that's not what I meant. There's no scenario where they wouldn't separate men and women's clothing, so that's not even part of this equation. I was talking about body styles. Toddlers and kids have their own clothes, and teens wear adult clothes.
    forum_final.png

Hello again. B)

Hope you all are having a good weekend. My birthday was fair. I didn't feel the best, but it was still a good day!

Keviana go to the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay. They have an important discussion about...pets! :p Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/juliana-chapter-116-the-lighthouse/
    forum_final.png

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey! Been complaining on tumblr....I need to find something and after 50 tumblr pages I'm fed up. :(
    @Jes2G I've had fair birthdays too. Some are better than others. I hope you have an amazing year! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    i had the weirdest birthday. because at the same time birthday cards arrived so did condolence cards.then2 weeks later mom let me order the switch which was actually from beyond the grave because before we knew how sick dad really was.

you may now continue talking about fair birthdays.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    yeah sissys alive. i hadn't seen her all day..

Hi, Sis! :) How are you? I had a busy day writing, cleaning house, cooking, and Simming yesterday!

Hope your day goes well! Remember... COFFEE ! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    yeah sissys alive. i hadn't seen her all day..

Hi, Sis! :) How are you? I had a busy day writing, cleaning house, cooking, and Simming yesterday!

Hope your day goes well! Remember... COFFEE ! :)

good . i need to get ready for work so i'm procatinating. hopefully i can write this afternoon.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey! Been complaining on tumblr....I need to find something and after 50 tumblr pages I'm fed up. :(

Oh dear @Bugsie2016 what is it you were trying to find?
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

I think i've managed to make one now!

@simscognito there's something odd about the magic school bus and the new series doesn't help really. In places like Canada when the original Magic School bus aired on channels which didn't have commercials- there would be a "Producer" sequment at the end of each episodes most of the time it's answered by a male producer but one at least it was answered by a female producer. But other times other people who are from the main show itself will answer the phone.. Ms.Frizzle herself, Phoebe, and in one episode ( one-shot character) would answer the phone in the producer section. Sometimes the producer is walking around in the set of where the kids were in while talking on the phone about whatever the caller's problem was about. The only reason I said the new series doesn't help much? It's because Ms. Friz herself is the producer in-show.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

@simscognito there's something odd about the magic school bus and the new series doesn't help really. In places like Canada when the original Magic School bus aired on channels which didn't have commercials- there would be a "Producer" sequment at the end of each episodes most of the time it's answered by a male producer but one at least it was answered by a female producer. But other times other people who are from the main show itself will answer the phone.. Ms.Frizzle herself, Phoebe, and in one episode ( one-shot character) would answer the phone in the producer section. Sometimes the producer is walking around in the set of where the kids were in while talking on the phone about whatever the caller's problem was about. The only reason I said the new series doesn't help much? It's because Ms. Friz herself is the producer in-show.
    @MadameLee that's cool. Would the the people from the show answer as their characters?

@Bugsie2016 oh that's good. Is the thing you are making a secret? XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top