Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Just wanted to pop in and let everyone here now that I am going to be vanishing for a bit (as opposed to my past record of vanishing without warning). I haven't brought it up much here but I've been having some health issues for a bit and in the last few days things have been getting rough. It's nothing life threatening no worries there but especially when paired with the anxiety issues I already have it's making it difficult to get any will to write or do much of anything. As a result I'm opting to step away from the forums and my stories for a bit while I try and deal with this and hopefully I will return down the road when I get this thing more under control.

I've been enjoying all the discussions and hanging out here and I hope to return before too long and interact with all of you again :)

@AuroraLockwood I can relate to those kinds of issues (also the bit about vanishing without warning)! I hope that you're able to get your health issues more under control- I'm sending some good luck your way! Hopefully we'll see you again soon, but if not don't worry about it! Your health (both physical and mental) should always come first. :)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    The worst thing I've done to characters in my story is probably killing them off. Especially in Colt Family Traitacy. Oh and wait... Darkness May Dream has some horrifically dark moments, probably when
    Mal's brother took Cora by force because she sacrificed herself for her daughter...
    and other desperately dark things. DMD seriously stretched me as a writer because I forced myself to write uncomfortable things.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited January 2018
    @Munterbacon, @chalicen, and @simscognito in Middle School, a choir from New Zealand came to visit my choir in the States. Then we were supposed to go visit them in New Zealand, but my mom wouldn't let me go. She said it was too far to go overseas by myself. I was so bummed. New Zealand is still at the top of my list of places to visit mostly because it was forbidden to me decades ago.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AuroraLockwood Hang in there. Hugs And take care of yourself.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    chalicen wrote: »
    So what's everyone up to

About to head off to bed now. Exciting, I know. :D

Bed? It's only 9am. And don't say not where you are. (@friendsfan367 isn't here so I thought i'd say it for once)

boo.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    chalicen wrote: »
    So what's everyone up to

About to head off to bed now. Exciting, I know. :D

Bed? It's only 9am. And don't say not where you are. (@friendsfan367 isn't here so I thought i'd say it for once)

boo.

Hey! :)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited January 2018
    Just wanted to pop in and let everyone here now that I am going to be vanishing for a bit (as opposed to my past record of vanishing without warning). I haven't brought it up much here but I've been having some health issues for a bit and in the last few days things have been getting rough. It's nothing life threatening no worries there but especially when paired with the anxiety issues I already have it's making it difficult to get any will to write or do much of anything. As a result I'm opting to step away from the forums and my stories for a bit while I try and deal with this and hopefully I will return down the road when I get this thing more under control.

I've been enjoying all the discussions and hanging out here and I hope to return before too long and interact with all of you again :)

Aww I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this @AuroraLockwood . Looking forward to your return, but in the mean time, take care of care of yourself.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    If you're used to a big bowl/container of fruit but you already had "Sunday fruit" on a day which isn't Sunday because Mom was waiting for surgery what would you do on the next day if the Mom was at home in pain? Would you attempt to cut the normal bowl/container of fruit on your own? Or have the boring "Sunday fruit" yet again?

(Sunday fruit->grapes, apples and half a banana)
    other weekdays (normally)->grapes, 1/3(?) Pineapple, 1/3 melon half a Asian pear peeled, and half an apple.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @everyone!

Hope that you're all having a splendid day with your Sims and families. All the best to those who are studying, hope that you all do well in whatever courses you have in school, college, university, etc.

Just stopping by to let you know that I've started a new blog on Blogspot for Sim updates. Since I hadn't planned on writing stories, the updates will be more story form with a few pictures. Am having fun with my Valley Ventures Simself family, so have decided to share stories on them every now and then. It's not technically a legacy although for continuity's sake will post a general update as each generation family completes their aspiration and/or reaches the top of their career.

To those who followed me on Wordpress, due to that account being messed up by someone using my current email address on their account as I haven't used my 'jangraceted' gmail account on Wordpress, just the old jangted one. Am starting fresh with Blogspot as a new era of Sims 4 gaming. As long as I continue to balance both real life and Simming, I will continue to play, although much less once spring comes and thru the summer and fall months as well.

Here is my new Blog address to those who want to follow me new and old Simming friends; @CathyTea, @ra3rei, @KitDragonFlight, @Meggles, @Jes2G, @Julyvee94, @JoieWilder, @Simslover163, @CitizenErased14, @eXokamikaze and any who I missed.

http://silverjanscreations.blogspot.ca/2018/01/valley-ventures-tedford-family.html

Simslover will be making me a new banner for the blog.

That's all for now,

SilverJan (new Simming name)
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hi all! I've got another question (because apparently I'm full of those) to ask. What's your favorite genre to read, and does you writing mostly fall under that genre?

Funnily enough, my favorite genre happens to be comedy- although I also love a good mystery. Those of you who have read TIOL know that it's not super comedic (although I try to get a chuckle every once in a while), I'd actually consider it a drama. Drama happens to be one of my least favorite genres :# (of course, it depends on the story- I end up enjoying a lot of dramas, just not as many as with other genres) because they tend to be kind of dark and I'm a big softie who gets overly attached to fictional characters. But here I am writing a kind of dark drama! I was wondering if anyone else tended to write against their tastes, or if most people write what they like to read. :)
    Hi all! I've got another question (because apparently I'm full of those) to ask. What's your favorite genre to read, and does you writing mostly fall under that genre?

Probably drama & mystery. Mine kinda fall into the former. :)@simscognito would probably agree WAWRMO is a drama, not sure about BL. :)

Funnily enough, my favorite genre happens to be comedy- although I also love a good mystery. Those of you who have read TIOL know that it's not super comedic (although I try to get a chuckle every once in a while), I'd actually consider it a drama. Drama happens to be one of my least favorite genres :# (of course, it depends on the story- I end up enjoying a lot of dramas, just not as many as with other genres) because they tend to be kind of dark and I'm a big softie who gets overly attached to fictional characters. But here I am writing a kind of dark drama! I was wondering if anyone else tended to write against their tastes, or if most people write what they like to read. :)

@IchigoUsagi Oh woah that's interesting. Totally the opposite to your story. I thought you were quite a gothic person. :D Or at least someone into the surreal.

@Bugsie2016 Yes, I do back you up there. You definitely love the dramatic, although you also give the reader a rest sometimes and move towards the family genre, which is nice. :)

I'll have a think about answering this question.

I need to wake up more to remember all the genres... :D
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

That's a tough one... I read a lot of different genres and I don't really have a favorite.

I do read a lot of mystery, which has sort of wormed its way into both of my stories, what with Daisy's disappearance and some of the characters who've showed up... I also tend to write mysteries when I'm not writing Sims stories. That said, I've had to remind myself multiple times that mysteries don't always mean murder mysteries, so... that might crop up eventually.

I do read science fiction/fantasy, which has not shown up so much in my legacy, but there's a lot of fantasy in We Belong to the Song (I wouldn't say there have really been any sci-fi elements, or at least not any I've touched on super seriously).

When I read non-fiction I tend to read a lot of travelogues... which has definitely shown up in my legacy with Lily.

I also read a lot of comedy... I'd say that We Belong to the Song is a comedy (it makes me laugh), but I'm not sure that others would agree, or at least they'd note my seriously warped sense of humor.

I wouldn't necessarily classify my writing as dramatic (or I'd say it's all dramatic, in the sense that people are living out the drama of their every day lives and things happen to make sure people's lives aren't super happy). I also don't read a lot of romance, which is probably obvious at how bad I am when it comes to writing it.

I don't remember how to change my signature.

@IchigoUsagi Oh woah that's interesting. Totally the opposite to your story. I thought you were quite a gothic person. :D Or at least someone into the surreal.

@Bugsie2016 Yes, I do back you up there. You definitely love the dramatic, although you also give the reader a rest sometimes and move towards the family genre, which is nice. :)

I'll have a think about answering this question.

I need to wake up more to remember all the genres... :D

Thanks although family genre is mixed in with drama sometimes too. ;)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I also don't read a lot of romance, which is probably obvious at how bad I am when it comes to writing it.

I love the way you write romance, @superkyle221 . It's sort of anti-romance romance. My favorite depictions of romance are the sort of practical, non-fluffy, possibly awkward, very-thick-in-friendship-and-camaraderie-and-respect depictions of veering-towards-romance encounters between two people who are fond of each other... and you, @Bugsie2016 , @RipuAncestor , and @ny275 write that type of scene really, really well!

Makes me blush at my more gushy stuff and long for something drier! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    What's your favorite genre to read, and does you writing mostly fall under that genre?

i love harry potter. but i consider it magic fiction not sc fi fantasy which is probably closer to what it is.

but i write com dra. i mix of comedy and drama.

it was a comedy that went dramatic because even after 2 years i can't say no to ayden,
    edited January 2018
    CathyTea wrote: »

I also don't read a lot of romance, which is probably obvious at how bad I am when it comes to writing it.

I love the way you write romance, @superkyle221 . It's sort of anti-romance romance. My favorite depictions of romance are the sort of practical, non-fluffy, possibly awkward, very-thick-in-friendship-and-camaraderie-and-respect depictions of veering-towards-romance encounters between two people who are fond of each other... and you, @Bugsie2016 , @RipuAncestor , and @ny275 write that type of scene really, really well!

It's a whole lot easier for me to write that type of romance than the 'romantic romance'. Let's just say that if I were a sim then I'd have the 'unflirty' trait. :lol:

I'm going to attempt a different not-too romantic romance with Rye because different characters show their love..well..differently. :) It's gonna stretch me but that can only be a good thing (let's just say I already planned who Rye's first on screen boyfriend will be!) Wish me luck! :#

Edit: Oops missed a word there somewhere. :lol:

It's a whole lot easier for me to write that type of romance than the 'romantic romance'. Let's just say that if I were a sim then I'd have the 'unflirty' trait. :lol:

I'm going to attempt a different not-too romantic romance with Rye because different characters show their love..well..differently. :) It's gonna stretch me but that can only be a good thing (let's just say I already planned who Rye's first on screen will be!) Wish me luck! :#

you named sim after bread. thats mean and not greek.

last time you were using greek names. :p

I'm going to attempt a different not-too romantic romance with Rye because different characters show their love..well..differently. :) It's gonna stretch me but that can only be a good thing (let's just say I already planned who Rye's first on screen will be!) Wish me luck! :#

Actually it's also a place in England although I didn't name her after that either. It's short for Riley/Rylie. :)

Actually it's also a place in England although I didn't name her after that either. It's short for Riley/Rylie. :)

oh you didn't say that. why are youso mean to me.lol.

oh you didn't say that. why are youso mean to me.lol.

I'm not mean... :tongue:
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

My favorite genre of stories (whether reading, watching, or playing games) is fantasy. Strangely enough, I don't generally enjoy modern drama because I feel I have enough drama in my life, why would I want to read about more of it? At least, I used to feel that way before diving into SimLit! I really enjoy the character development and the fact that falling in love is a huge theme of most stories.

Stranger still, all I seem to write in SimLit is modern drama! How To Live With Grace is straight up a slice-of-life story with a focus on mental health. Glassbolt is a darker story exploring oppressive societies and prison life. Pine Point is currently a survival drama and mystery, but will eventually be a supernatural/fantasy story.
    I also read a lot of comedy... I'd say that We Belong to the Song is a comedy (it makes me laugh), but I'm not sure that others would agree, or at least they'd note my seriously warped sense of humor.

@superkyle221 I'd say comedy for sure, with a hint of mystery and (maybe it's just me?) subtle political opinion, or at least satire of politics.

How's the progress on restoring your characters going?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    isn't it hobbits united unitied means part of a group.

Unless we've actually met, there's only like 12 people living in NZ, there's a pretty good chance that Cog sold me ice cream just two hours ago!

Yep... it's very likely we might have. :D Especially if we're living in the same city! XD

rangitoto-island-by-pohutukawa-tree.jpg
    This should give you a clue of which city I live in ;)

cog what is this? i think i left already. but i think you know.
    edited January 2018

Unless we've actually met, there's only like 12 people living in NZ, there's a pretty good chance that Cog sold me ice cream just two hours ago!

Yep... it's very likely we might have. :D Especially if we're living in the same city! XD

It's a picture of a beach, @friendsfan367
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

It's a picture of a beach, @friendsfan367

Is that were you live?

All our beaches consist of extremely large grains of sand. Otherwise known as rocks.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top