Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm posting my sim pictures to my blog...but I don't know what to say about the two dream sequences... (done now)
    Dream 1:
    IqrX2Te.png
    cs8U7A3.png
    be8h3Yp.png

Dream 2
    xyV1Ofg.png
    hZxea9b.png

I think the latter should have some more photos...

Those dream sequences look really cool @MadameLee :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @simscognito Only thing is I don't know what to say about what's happening in the dreams..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I have been playing the sims for some time. Now I want to get into story writing. Currently I am working on a royal Dynasty. Any suggestion on how I should began. Or whats the best place to post my stories.

@Simsdynasty01 like @MadameLee said, wordpress and blogger are good places to post. I personally use weebly - not sure why, but it works and quite few people on the forums use it too. :D There is also a thread called A Quick Guide To SimLit, which I have attached here that discusses the various platforms for posting stories in more depth. It also discusses how you can go about writing simLit, whether game driven or plot driven and the advantages of the different approaches. Good luck with your Royal Dynasty. It sounds very intriguing. :)

@MadameLee
    I think Henry is being tortured in the dream or he is about to be killed.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hey there! Apologies for my lack of activity lately- I've been feeling a little under the weather. I ended up getting Laundry Day Stuff, but I haven't gotten a chance to play with it much beyond adding the broom and dustpan item to my sims' house. :D That's basically all I've done with it so far. Did anyone else get the pack? If so, are you using the items that make laundry appear in your game or not? Personally, I don't think I'll add any of those into my TIOL save (because I have my sims change their outfits every ten seconds in that one) but I probably will in some of my other saves.
  • Options
    Hi @IchigoUsagi Hope you're feeling better. Oh oh you're going to have to tell me what the pack's like. I'm likely not going to get it for a few months, so I'll try not to be too jealous. :D
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hey there! Apologies for my lack of activity lately- I've been feeling a little under the weather. I ended up getting Laundry Day Stuff, but I haven't gotten a chance to play with it much beyond adding the broom and dustpan item to my sims' house. :D That's basically all I've done with it so far. Did anyone else get the pack? If so, are you using the items that make laundry appear in your game or not? Personally, I don't think I'll add any of those into my TIOL save (because I have my sims change their outfits every ten seconds in that one) but I probably will in some of my other saves.

i got it but haven't played i spent the rest of release day teasing cog :)
  • Options
    Hi all, how is everyone?
    Chapter eleven of Friends of Foes is up. Alex's mother and great grandmother, Talula conduct their evil plan, while Henry and Victor attempt to ask the Evil Geniuses "what's going on?" - they're a bit too innocent for this story. :D

chapter-eleven-keep-to-the-schemes_1_orig.png
  • Options
    @simscognito the first dream of him being killed... the 2nd one not so much...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@MadameLee The second one looks like
    he's being tortured, because the person is showing him Jane tied up.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

now that you put it that..way I guess you're right.. Guess where Jane had the image of the clothes Matt's wearing from? (hint: has to do with her father)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

now that you put it that..way I guess you're right.. Guess where Jane had the image of the clothes Matt's wearing from? (hint: has to do with her father)

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure, although I've been flicking through past chapters to see if there's anything about the father and that particular costume. Is it possible that it's about the colour scheme? I mean is it a reference to Descendants?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure, although I've been flicking through past chapters to see if there's anything about the father and that particular costume. Is it possible that it's about the colour scheme? I mean is it a reference to Descendants?

@simscognito Check the 6.17 "Planning" chapter..the 6 photo down..(the one w/ the IMG text)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    What does it mean that for me that in poses that show male+female that I reverse them around in my story?

MGb0PbG.jpg

I have often wondered about this, @MadameLee ! And also, when you use the height slider, your female Sims often tower over the male Sims!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea maybe just to show that it doesn't always have to be the male whose the rescuer? Or they can co-exist and change DIDs places (DIDs can mean either Damsel OR Dude In Distress)?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@simscognito Check the 6.17 "Planning" chapter..the 6 photo down..(the one w/ the IMG text)

Oh of course, yes I was thinking about that chapter @MadameLee ! Yes of course the
    text message with the pic of Jay (I think), when Jay was kidnapped.
  • Options

Oh of course, yes I was thinking about that chapter @MadameLee ! Yes of course the
    text message with the pic of Jay (I think), when Jay was kidnapped.

yep,,
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    edited January 2018
    A new chapter of The Illusion of Light is up! It's called Settling In because I'm giving titles to the chapters now. :smile:

01-19-18-8-45-25-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Hey everyone! I feel kind of bad for disappearing for so long. I haven't updated my story since... before Christmas? I can't seem to get myself to play Sims 4 these past few weeks. I played tonight, got the wedding done, so I might write something soon, though I barely have any good pictures, since all the guests kept getting up in front of the camera, turning around to stare in the distance, etc. Oh well, I'll sort through those at some point.

Also, I have a dilemma to share with you guys. What is the easiest, least intrusive way to kill a sim without waiting forever for hunger to kill them? Snow's father is going to have to disappear soon, and since illness and such can't kill him, I've been wondering what I should do. Maybe make him ridiculously angry? How hard is that? Considering his new wife's attitude, I figured it shouldn't be too difficult...
  • Options
    @SerraNolwen Let me go check on something..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @MadameLee Now I'm curious.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I feel kind of bad for disappearing for so long. I haven't updated my story since... before Christmas? I can't seem to get myself to play Sims 4 these past few weeks. I played tonight, got the wedding done, so I might write something soon, though I barely have any good pictures, since all the guests kept getting up in front of the camera, turning around to stare in the distance, etc. Oh well, I'll sort through those at some point.

Also, I have a dilemma to share with you guys. What is the easiest, least intrusive way to kill a sim without waiting forever for hunger to kill them? Snow's father is going to have to disappear soon, and since illness and such can't kill him, I've been wondering what I should do. Maybe make him ridiculously angry? How hard is that? Considering his new wife's attitude, I figured it shouldn't be too difficult...

@SerraNolwen Hi, I'm not sure we've met before. :) As an expert of killing my sims (yes I'm evil >:) ) I would say sticking them in a pool and remove the stairs, or placing a bonfire inside the house and setting it off - you can do the same thing with fireworks. Another good way is to keep the sims cooking for a long time - there should surely be a fire then. XD The mcc command mod also gives you the option to kill a sim.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @SerraNolwen if you aren't oppose to Mods..the debug cheat mod has an option regards of age to "reap off" your sims from anything from Elderly Demise to Overheating,etc. But don't use the one on the main page..try the one on the 16? 15th? page I can't remember @Bugsie2016 do you remember what page number it was on?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea maybe just to show that it doesn't always have to be the male whose the rescuer? Or they can co-exist and change DIDs places (DIDs can mean either Damsel OR Dude In Distress)?

I think so! At any rate, I like it because it makes me turn traditional gender notions around.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I think so! At any rate, I like it because it makes me turn traditional gender notions around.

i like it too.

traditionally women do the cooking but i make noel doit the joke is the kids like his food better.

but laren cleans better than me
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

That as well.
    my warning for the upcoming scene:
    Warning: Nasty scenes coming up both in and out of dreams!!
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top