Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    I'm starting up a little Sims 4 drama series on my tumblr page tonight I think. Are we able to post links etc for feedback and for people to just read? :smile:

Hi and welcome! You can post links, but since you're still a new member, they won't work normally. Just paste them without the http://www., and we'll be able to copy past it into the url bar. As @simscognito said, the Kindness Bench is definitely a great place for friendly feedback. See you again hopefully tonight!
  • ParadoxSimsParadoxSims Posts: 90 Member
    I am back. It's starting a little rough, but I like what I know I have in store for the way I want things to go.
    I feel introductions are hard to do, even with TV series at times. So here's hoping it goes somewhere.

paradoxsims.tumblr.com
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    I have a question for you guys!

When I changed my signature yesterday I realized how much my writing has been from a male perspective lately, which is something I previously stated was a huge challenge for me. While I still find it difficult, I think I have improved slightly!

Is there any particular style of writing you think you've improved in during 2017?

I learned how to stick with one POV per chapter and not hop between all the character's heads. And when it is utterly important to hear from someone else in the same chapter, I make it obvious that there is a change.

I love your stories even if they do switch POV. Although, it's probably a good thing to learn. :)

Why thank you! Yes, I'm always learning new things about writing...and trying them out on you guys lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited January 2018

When I changed my signature yesterday I realized how much my writing has been from a male perspective lately, which is something I previously stated was a huge challenge for me. While I still find it difficult, I think I have improved slightly!

Is there any particular style of writing you think you've improved in during 2017?

I learned how to stick with one POV per chapter and not hop between all the character's heads. And when it is utterly important to hear from someone else in the same chapter, I make it obvious that there is a change.

I love your stories even if they do switch POV. Although, it's probably a good thing to learn. :)

Why thank you! Yes, I'm always learning new things about writing...and trying them out on you guys lol.

@Jes2G *salutes* Private Guinea Pig reporting for duty :tongue:
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited January 2018
    Question...
    Should I put a warning about something that might be misconstructed as "woohoo" harassment even though it's just will be a dream?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

This is a tough question... I wrote a more comic-y styled story over the summer "authored" by a couple of the kids in ATW, though I feel like my improvements with that more had to do with photo editing and learning about custom fonts than writing.
    I've also noticed that I tend to leave lots of bits and pieces of plot all over the place, then not return to them, but I've got a plan now for how to tie everything altogether, so that'll hopefully be part of my writing improvements through 2018!

I have left many of loose plot threads all over the place. Might as well be making a frayed blanket. :D
    That's awesome that you have a plan to revisit your missing plot bits!
    chalicen wrote: »

Hiya! I've been greatly enjoying reading your generations story, which I caught up to not so long ago! I love reading from Cam's perspective. His voice is immersive. I think you've done amazingly :)

In answer to your question, I haven't written much in 2017 as I would have liked... If I've improved at anything, it's my digital art. Argh! I hope to change that in 2018 xD

Thank you! I really do love your signature art. The style and the choice of color really drew me in. I only wish there was more of it! Looking forward to seeing more of your art in the future!
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Question...
    Should I put a warning about something that might be misconstructed as "woohoo" harassment even though it's just will be a dream?

Even if it's a dream, if you are concerned about trigger-worthy material and have not warned about it previously, it might be a good idea.
    I am back. It's starting a little rough, but I like what I know I have in store for the way I want things to go.
    I feel introductions are hard to do, even with TV series at times. So here's hoping it goes somewhere.

paradoxsims.tumblr.com

@ParadoxSims I think you've done a really good job of introducing your characters. The use of conversation following each introduction is a really fantastic way to solidify which sim is which - good job!!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

This is a tough question... I wrote a more comic-y styled story over the summer "authored" by a couple of the kids in ATW, though I feel like my improvements with that more had to do with photo editing and learning about custom fonts than writing.
    I've also noticed that I tend to leave lots of bits and pieces of plot all over the place, then not return to them, but I've got a plan now for how to tie everything altogether, so that'll hopefully be part of my writing improvements through 2018!

I have left many of loose plot threads all over the place. Might as well be making a frayed blanket. :D
    That's awesome that you have a plan to revisit your missing plot bits!
    chalicen wrote: »

Hiya! I've been greatly enjoying reading your generations story, which I caught up to not so long ago! I love reading from Cam's perspective. His voice is immersive. I think you've done amazingly :)

In answer to your question, I haven't written much in 2017 as I would have liked... If I've improved at anything, it's my digital art. Argh! I hope to change that in 2018 xD

Thank you! I really do love your signature art. The style and the choice of color really drew me in. I only wish there was more of it! Looking forward to seeing more of your art in the future!
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Question...

Even if it's a dream, if you are concerned about trigger-worthy material and have not warned about it previously, it might be a good idea.

paradoxsims.tumblr.com

@ParadoxSims I think you've done a really good job of introducing your characters. The use of conversation following each introduction is a really fantastic way to solidify which sim is which - good job!!

I only just thought about it even though in my case (like usually) it's gender-flipped from the normal experience. But I normally do put warnings on material which has to do with like racial stuff, and mental health (well not always) and I have a warning on the first page of the Swanson thread about "dark" material

IP0rIGx.png <This is the picture I'm talking about.. it might be bit fuzzier/less in focus (unless I choose not to lessen the focus like I did in the "Look What You Made Me Do" chapter) in the chapter itself
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2018
    well my mods work . i tested aydens favorite tonight. but now my prgress might be even slower. part of the mod actually controls when sims can get pregnant. so i still don't have adrien.
  • ParadoxSimsParadoxSims Posts: 90 Member
    > Even if it's a dream, if you are concerned about trigger-worthy material and have not warned about it previously, it might be a good idea.
    > ParadoxSims wrote: »
    >
    > I am back. It's starting a little rough, but I like what I know I have in store for the way I want things to go.
    > I feel introductions are hard to do, even with TV series at times. So here's hoping it goes somewhere.
    >
    > paradoxsims.tumblr.com
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @ParadoxSims I think you've done a really good job of introducing your characters. The use of conversation following each introduction is a really fantastic way to solidify which sim is which - good job!!

Thanks so much @Karilan I'm glad you found it a nice way to introduce the characters. There is still two I need to introduce so I have to figure where I will fit those two since they're not really main like the rest of the "cast" is in the story.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Happy birthday, @cully_c ! Hope your year is full of inspiration and joy!

cully_c.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    rednenemon wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    How is everyone today?

Frustrated from my Pokemon Sun game.

Or, as I currently call it, "Stay in the ball, you fat, spiny, dragon, mouth thing."

(referring to this guy)

i have the same problem with fifa 18. i spend most of the the game saying give that back.

but in my case if i find the guy who has the ball and tackle him wrong i get fouled. even if they collide into me.
    Happy birthday, @cully_c ! Hope your year is full of inspiration and joy!

cully_c.png

happy birthday.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I come with a "gift" in hand .. a story update that has a little something for everyone <3 Some romancing (sigh) ... a few gorgeous builds ... a bit of intrigue and a tiny bit of humor too.

Some of you might even find yourself there :)

I hope you enjoy it and if you have never read before THIS is a great place to start (no backtracking).. things are only beginning in this gen :)

You “detectives” who have been reading a while … keep your eyes open.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2018/01/03/an-era-of-charming-tales-mike-and-rose-new-year-fresh-start/

[img][/img]1D42psx.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @Karilan Thanks! If you want to see my most recent picture it's on Citizen's A2A thread, or here https://wintersalchemy.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/a2a.jpg (It's A2A fanart xD)

@cully_c Happy Birthday! Hope it's a good one, and happy new year too.

@lisabee2 Goodness, that build is absolutely gorgeous! Is it Sims 3 or 4?
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @cully_c wishing you a happy birthday.
    @lisabee2 yes, I agree with @chalicen . Your build looks great. Had a quick look at your story too. It looks like a lot of fun. I'll have a read in more depth tomorrow morning. Been a quite busy today.
    Hi @chalicen . How're you doing? Cool a2a fanart. I liked how you had all the generations in there. :)
    @ParadoxSims just read the first chapter of your story. You said you wanted feedback. So far I've not found any issues with it. It's very clear in its direction. Everything's set up really nicely. I also like the university student tone this story's going for. Also
    Is it just me or is Audrey really hot?
    @simscognito Thanks :smiley: I'm not 100% happy with it, I tried out a lot of new stuff for it and I don't think I pulled it off very well. Hopefully I'll get better... I'm drawing something else now.
    Also
    Yes Audrey is hot xD
    edited January 2018
    @chalicen ah good, I'm not the only one then. :D aww I know how you feel. You should have seen how many retries I did of my Henry sketch, and I was still tutting after I posted it. :D I also think it's more nerve-wracking when you do art for someone else. I was very nervous posting the Carly and Wade painting for @MadameLee because it was in a style I hadn't done before. I don't think you should worry about that a2a piece. I showed it to my picky brother who liked it too and that's saying something. ;)
    Aw, thank you, @simscognito 's picky brother xD
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    Happy Timezones, my lovelies :heart:

I woke up this morning with a desire to get back into writing - its been a loooooong while and for some reason I'm feeling super nervous about dipping my toes back in :no_mouth:

HI!!!! Happy New Year, Timezone!

Oh, I know that feeling! I kinda like it! It's sort of like getting ready to perform a piece of music!

I will love to read everything you write, dear @VanityHigh !

Sometimes, when I feel that way, I will draft the chapter AFTER the first one--just so I can get my bearings again. Then, after that second chapter is drafted, I'm ready to go back to the one that I need to write! :) (I'm actually going to do this technique with my next Puppy Love chapter--I'm a little nervous about the one that comes next, so I'm going to start the one after that one, and it will get me primed for the one I need to post next! :) )

@lovesstorms Hi! Nice to see you back! That Christmas present you got your sister looks awesome! :)
    I like this a lot....can't wait to immerse myself in the goodies!

@EFonty2241229 Hiya! Welcome to the Lounge!

----

How is everyone today?

Today is a very big day for me! It is my second Saturn return! If you follow astrology, you know that's a biggy! It's stepping into a new cycle.

And... I am ready! :)

Hope you all have great days today!

It’s funny you should say that @CathyTea cause that’s exactly what I ended up doing and I’m now sitting with 5 drafts ready to go for the constant legacy and sidelines :blush:

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Axel still hasn't woken up. Is it because his author really likes dream chapters? Yes, and he has yet to internalize an important message of course.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2018
    Good morning! Chapter 10 is up for Caring Paw of the Cats Rule & Dogs Drool Vet Challenge. Enjoy and have a great day!

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2018/01/05/ch-10-wk-1-day-5-thurs-caring-paw

feel_the_love.png
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy time zones all :) When I'm not writing, I do some building or interior designing. Let me share some things that I built recently that you might wanna download:

Surfin' AirBnB
    0FjzF0X.png
    2mD0ZYj.png
    qPk1jHo.png
    mvjDCx9.png

Refurbished Hideout - I was attempting to create another story location but I got carried away and turned it into an eclectic industrial home.
    nzzgJdg.png
    9ExQwhq.png
    kZ7TV3F.png
    DhgB4Dh.png
    Good morning!

There's only one more F.I.S.H. chapter after today!! :o:D Then we will be D.O.N.E. lol. I hope you enjoy today's chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Cadence, Melody's twin, has also moved to Brindleton Bay! Will they be able to get past their issues? Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/f-s-h-3-26-always-sisters-always-friends/
    forum_final.png

@Jes2G *salutes* Private Guinea Pig reporting for duty :tongue:

Ha ha! At ease, soldier. :p
    forum_final.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top