Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    Happy Timezones, my lovelies :heart:

I woke up this morning with a desire to get back into writing - its been a loooooong while and for some reason I'm feeling super nervous about dipping my toes back in :no_mouth:

You'll do great! Probably just need to get back into the habit of conjuring up images and using those fingers and exercising your brain again. It'll be fun. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Skylathan doesn't leave the rest of the family out while creating margin in their lives. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-the-family/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

I woke up this morning with a desire to get back into writing - its been a loooooong while and for some reason I'm feeling super nervous about dipping my toes back in :no_mouth:

@VanityHigh Best of luck. It's like riding a bike you might get rusty from lack of practice but you never forget. It will come back to you quickly enough no need to be nervous :)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Draco is off somewhere, and Rose is going to get at the truth... enjoy!

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    I like this a lot....can't wait to immerse myself in the goodies!
    And it's party time as everyone is finally back in San Myshuno in this newest update of No Shame

Blog Post: Housewarming

p14p2.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I regret napping yesterday now. It's 5.30 and i've been wake since 3am (I went to sleep at about 9pm). No more napping in the afternoon (even if i'm exhausted)!

Naps really don't work for me either! I'd rather just stay awake until the proper time to go to bed or else my sleep schedule will be a mess.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

Welcome and good luck to you! It can be rocky to get going again at first, but I'm sure you have tons of inspiration just waiting to burst free!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

HI!!!! Happy New Year, Timezone!

Oh, I know that feeling! I kinda like it! It's sort of like getting ready to perform a piece of music!

I will love to read everything you write, dear @VanityHigh !

Sometimes, when I feel that way, I will draft the chapter AFTER the first one--just so I can get my bearings again. Then, after that second chapter is drafted, I'm ready to go back to the one that I need to write! :) (I'm actually going to do this technique with my next Puppy Love chapter--I'm a little nervous about the one that comes next, so I'm going to start the one after that one, and it will get me primed for the one I need to post next! :) )

@lovesstorms Hi! Nice to see you back! That Christmas present you got your sister looks awesome! :)

@EFonty2241229 Hiya! Welcome to the Lounge!

----

How is everyone today?

Today is a very big day for me! It is my second Saturn return! If you follow astrology, you know that's a biggy! It's stepping into a new cycle.

And... I am ready! :)

Hope you all have great days today!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Oh, I know that feeling! I kinda like it! It's sort of like getting ready to perform a piece of music!

Sometimes, when I feel that way, I will draft the chapter AFTER the first one--just so I can get my bearings again. Then, after that second chapter is drafted, I'm ready to go back to the one that I need to write! :) (I'm actually going to do this technique with my next Puppy Love chapter--I'm a little nervous about the one that comes next, so I'm going to start the one after that one, and it will get me primed for the one I need to post next! :) )

@lovesstorms Hi! Nice to see you back! That Christmas present you got your sister looks awesome! :)

----

How is everyone today?

Today is a very big day for me! It is my second Saturn return! If you follow astrology, you know that's a biggy! It's stepping into a new cycle.

@CathyTea I'm doing well. Got a new update done for No Shame and I'm finally back to working on the next chapter for Family Black :)

(I also got some writing done on my real life novel which my new years resolution is to make better progress on so all around just really good writing day :) )
    I have a question for you guys!

When I changed my signature yesterday I realized how much my writing has been from a male perspective lately, which is something I previously stated was a huge challenge for me. While I still find it difficult, I think I have improved slightly!

Is there any particular style of writing you think you've improved in during 2017?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Is there any particular style of writing you think you've improved in during 2017?

All of my simlit styles. If you've read my first gen of BL vs gen 3 of BL (or any of the recent WAWRMO chapters), then it's an improvement. I'm proud of how far i've come from those first chapters. :) I'm still not 100% where i'd like to be but there's time for that. :)

----

How is everyone today?

I'm okay. Bit tired but otherwise okay. Watched Romeo & Juliette today. Wasn't too impressed with all the kissing (I actually turned away a few times 'cause I have limits!!) but otherwise, I get the plot of the story now. :)

When I changed my signature yesterday I realized how much my writing has been from a male perspective lately, which is something I previously stated was a huge challenge for me. While I still find it difficult, I think I have improved slightly!

@Karilan I'd say I improved at writing lore, at least in my opinion. That was one of the main things I wanted to work on when I started with The Family Black. I wanted to try my hand at something that had more history and culture behind it rather than being strictly character driven (though I would say my writing still leans more towards the character driven style overall).
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

Probably not. I barely wrote last year. This year I plan to work on my descriptive details using the senses.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

I think, for me, it's plot! Typically, in my writing, plot is just the context for the characters' introspection. However, Septemus, My Son and Lighthouse actually drove me to include plot as an element of the story, thanks to the brilliant ideas of the collaborators!

I also think that with the Pen Pal Project and the Alien Adoption Collab, I've improved at collaborating. Collaborating is tough! It requires knowing where one can be flexible, where one must remain true, developing clear communication, and promoting continuous creative goodwill! These skills are so transferable to other areas of life!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i don't think i improved on anything. this year was crazy so i hardly wrote.

You practiced the skill of sticking with it during challenging times! If you can manage to write at all during a year like the one you had, that's a significant accomplishment right there! :)

Plus, I think you gained so much in terms of thinking like a writer and a literary critic! :)<3

Plus, I think you gained so much in terms of thinking like a writer and a literary critic! :)<3

you mean yesterday . thats not hard i just have to think how would sis say this?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    @CathyTea what do you think I improved in?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

i know you didn't aask me but this is my opion.

you improved on your ablity to accept help from others.

in the begining when we were starting out you would only take help if it was from certain people. so thats improvement and growth.

I would say several things:

1) Managing long-range, multiple-pronged plots
    2) Taking into consideration character motivation
    3) Having a vision for your story and sticking with it!

Plus, seeing a work through many generations, with the end in sight! Not bad, eh?

in the begining when we were starting out you would only take help if it was from certain people. so thats improvement and growth.

Wow! That's a great insight, and I think it's true, too! :)

Wow! That's a great insight, and I think it's true, too! :)

if its insiful why did you laugh at me. lol. when i get awsomed 99.9 percent of the time its you.

i'm only teasing like i said i only have a few days left.

All of my simlit styles. If you've read my first gen of BL vs gen 3 of BL (or any of the recent WAWRMO chapters), then it's an improvement. I'm proud of how far i've come from those first chapters. :) I'm still not 100% where i'd like to be but there's time for that. :)

I've loved watching your Burton Legacy evolve! Sometimes I really enjoy jumping back to the first chapters just to see how much it's changed.

@Karilan I'd say I improved at writing lore, at least in my opinion. That was one of the main things I wanted to work on when I started with The Family Black. I wanted to try my hand at something that had more history and culture behind it rather than being strictly character driven (though I would say my writing still leans more towards the character driven style overall).

You also started (and restarted) that blog style story that challenged your style too. :)

Probably not. I barely wrote last year. This year I plan to work on my descriptive details using the senses.

That sounds like a wonderful goal. I received feedback this year regarding lacking descriptions that I need to work on. I think I tend to ignore descriptions if they show up in the images.

I think, for me, it's plot! Typically, in my writing, plot is just the context for the characters' introspection. However, Septemus, My Son and Lighthouse actually drove me to include plot as an element of the story, thanks to the brilliant ideas of the collaborators!

I also think that with the Pen Pal Project and the Alien Adoption Collab, I've improved at collaborating. Collaborating is tough! It requires knowing where one can be flexible, where one must remain true, developing clear communication, and promoting continuous creative goodwill! These skills are so transferable to other areas of life!

You've done so much collaboration this year! I've loved the lore and mythology you've helped develop in the Alien Adoption universe!

I've seen you post consistent updates here, so I don't believe that you hardly wrote. :) Do you have any writing goals for 2018?
    D2vFwMN.jpg

I've loved watching your Burton Legacy evolve! Sometimes I really enjoy jumping back to the first chapters just to see how much it's changed.

You also started (and restarted) that blog style story that challenged your style too. :)

That sounds like a wonderful goal. I received feedback this year regarding lacking descriptions that I need to work on. I think I tend to ignore descriptions if they show up in the images.

You've done so much collaboration this year! I've loved the lore and mythology you've helped develop in the Alien Adoption universe!

I've seen you post consistent updates here, so I don't believe that you hardly wrote. :) Do you have any writing goals for 2018?

same as always finish the benders. jes hopes i do. she said so on wordpress .

i responded by saying i think when ayden became a elder he looked up reincarnation, because right after that my fame broke.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top