Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    15aewar wrote: »

kit harrington is a actor on game of thrones.

Ah. I don't watch Game of Thrones. I tried reading the book, but ended up traumatized and really angry. Anyway, if it's something you enjoy, more power to you. I guess I'm more of a Hobbit or Harry Potter type of gal. :)
    Karilan wrote: »
    Kit-Harington-1007856.jpg

Aw. He's very cute. :) He kinda does!

I agree, much of Game of Thrones makes me angry. :D But the politics of the world really fascinates me.
    I much prefer Harry Potter or sometimes campier stuff than that (Buffy, Shadow Hunters, Once Upon A Time)

Your Shadows series looks like it has a lot of world building. Have you been drawing inspiration from previous games or basing it completely on your own ideas?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Happy Friday, and before I go read some simlit/sim stories:
    If you use cc details for certain things (e.g in spoiler below) then what has been your favourite?
    If not, favourite picture from your story?

E.g Taken from my story as I already have the photo. (Sorry, includes the photo editing as i'm being lazy.)
    34.png?w=640

I usually only use CC if it fits the feel of the game. So, I tend to shy away from hairstyles, skins, etc. unless is something I need, like a historical costume. I hate most hairstyles because they alter the default texture and don't look right from different angles.

That being said, I kinda broke that rule for this one. I know I posted this yesterday, but I'm pretty happy with the effect. I think it's a lovely approximation of a periwig.
    m2R2jrV.png?1
    I only used this hairstyle for one outfit, because if you look at it from any other angle, it looks like someone stuck a bunch of toilet paper to his head.

Oh, by the way, can any of you guess who this sim is? I'll give you a hint:
    He's a member of the extended Goth family.
    Anyone who guess correctly gets a cookie! :cookie:

Does this mean you ended up using the screenshot? :)

To be honest, I thought it yesterday and it's still stuck in my head today: It looks like Kit Harrington in a wig.

@Karilan Oh my god, now that you said that it really does look a lot like him. I'm never going to unsee that :lol:

kit harrington is a actor on game of thrones.

Ah. I don't watch Game of Thrones. I tried reading the book, but ended up traumatized and really angry. Anyway, if it's something you enjoy, more power to you. I guess I'm more of a Hobbit or Harry Potter type of gal. :)
    Kit-Harington-1007856.jpg

Aw. He's very cute. :) He kinda does!

@15aewar "Traumatized and angry" Yep sounds like Game of Thrones all right :tongue:

And oh god the hobbit is wonderful. I still maintain The Hobbit is a better book than all three of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (I like them as well but The Hobbit is a masterpiece in my eyes)
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member

Your Shadows series looks like it has a lot of world building. Have you been drawing inspiration from previous games or basing it completely on your own ideas?

Oh, I definitely do draw from previous games. And Lovecraft.
    Basically, it's The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, but in the Sims.
    I think the series is more research than actual original ideas. I love drawing on stuff that's already there. I think it makes things richer when you can say, "Hey. I know where that came from." Some of my favorite authors do that.

@15aewar "Traumatized and angry" Yep sounds like Game of Thrones all right :tongue:

And oh god the hobbit is wonderful. I still maintain The Hobbit is a better book than all three of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (I like them as well but The Hobbit is a masterpiece in my eyes)

Basically, this sums up how I feel about it:
    I don't enjoy watching people destroy, degrade, and abuse each other. I don't want to sit through hours upon hours of brutal cruelty and domination.
    from http://www.refinery29.com/2016/05/111715/i-hate-game-of-thrones
    Anyway, sorry for going off on a tangent. How are you guys's Fridays/Saturdays going?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Good morning!

No, you're not going crazy. Your eyes have not deceived you! F.I.S.H. Friday is back!!!! Not sure I can commit to only posting on Fridays though lol.

Last time, River interrogated Nurse Pancakes who implicated Dr. Hailee Smiley. Guy disclosed information about River's father and suggested he bring Melody to the S.I.A. to tell her the truth about what he does. That is where we pick up! Riv takes her on a date to tell her the truth. How do you think it will go?? Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/f-i-s-h-3-16-the-truth-comes-out-at-night/

i'm not reading it til you tell me what f i s h stands for.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

It's time for a painfully special chapter of the Keen Legacy. This one features the second Keen daughter and all of her good advice. But how do we know it's good advice? Because it's Rose! She knows all. She tells most. She's qualified!

Read it all right now.

The Keen Legacy 2.5: Rose Knows Best
    000_09-03-17_3-36-19c2a0pm.png
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2017
    Loved seeing those screenshots people shared! It's hard for me to pick just ONE personal favorite, but my first instinct is this one, partially because of how it looks and partially because of the emotional significance of it as well (for those who don't read my story, the family had just spread the ashes of some loved ones who had passed away. It was the end of the "grief" arc of all the people pictured, so it was a beautiful and cathartic moment for everyone :heart:)

12-04-16_9-40-14c2a0pm.png

snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Loved seeing those screenshots people shared! It's hard for me to pick just ONE personal favorite, but my first instinct is this one, partially because of how it looks and partially because of the emotional significance of it as well (for those who don't read my story, the family had just spread the ashes of some loved ones who had passed away. It was the end of the "grief" arc of all the people pictured, so it was a beautiful and cathartic moment for everyone :heart:)

12-04-16_9-40-14c2a0pm.png

I love that one too, I miss the people in that picture who aren't around now. :'(
    For those who have been enjoying my weekly Behind the Blacks segments this weeks post is up over at my blog. As always spoiler warning is in the title.

Behind the Blacks 10/20/17 (Spoilers through Chapter 15 and Vampires Have Nightmares Too)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Did I mention yet on my way TO China I watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

If you use cc details for certain things (e.g in spoiler below) then what has been your favourite?

E.g Taken from my story as I already have the photo. (Sorry, includes the photo editing as i'm being lazy.)
    34.png?w=640

Hope I'm not too late to get in on this. :)

I primarily only use CC objects and clothing-not skin tones or face details. But there is CC in the screenshots I ended up choosing-they're from my last visit to my Lytle family. The first shows Charley comforting her youngest daughter, Emerald, after her father died of old age; the second shows her older son Hunter doing the same for his little sister.

I don't ordinarily use posed shots in my story outside of family photos at weddings and the like, but for this lot I had to or it would have been 40 pictures of the same two Sims hugging. I was especially glad to find the blanket poses and CC for the shot of Emerald and her mom.

30.png

22.png
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
    great-is it weird because of my sister having 3 dogs which did agility I can recognized Agility equipment?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

34.png?w=640

Hope I'm not too late to get in on this. :)

I primarily only use CC objects and clothing-not skin tones or face details. But there is CC in the screenshots I ended up choosing-they're from my last visit to my Lytle family. The first shows Charley comforting her youngest daughter, Emerald, after her father died of old age; the second shows her older son Hunter doing the same for his little sister.

I don't ordinarily use posed shots in my story outside of family photos at weddings and the like, but for this lot I had to or it would have been 40 pictures of the same two Sims hugging. I was especially glad to find the blanket poses and CC for the shot of Emerald and her mom.

30.png

22.png

your not its from today.

cathtea waits til the end of the week sometimes theres 5 or 6 by then.
    for me the end of this trailer makes me thing there's at least dog agility competions (a dog show isn't the same thing as a competion)

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woof woof! Play with dogs — <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TS4CatsAndDogs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw&quot;&gt;#TS4CatsAndDogs&lt;/a&gt; is available November 10.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @LegacySims2017 you're and Clairebear's one future toddler in your BuildNewcrest story made me think of the toddler you and Jim Hawkins had in my game

toddler:
    1aKCqBp.png

(teen now)
    eewnvMj.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    @lovesstorms Wow, as I started going through I kept saying "oh, that's my fav...no, that one! omigosh but that one..." :love: I do love the ones of the pavilion and light house. I spent some time watching the water the other day and didn't realize the boats move so much!

I know! That's why it's so hard. I usually post my pics to like the nature appreciation thread or the fav screenshot thread. I guess with as many as I have, I could maybe make my own thread but meh. And they do move a lot. I think one of my all-time favs is the one with the dock. The colors and stillness of the water is peaceful.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

34.png?w=640

Not much for CC but as to my favorite picture from my story is:

A tie

This one is my favorite for the actual shot

ch9pg1.png

I just really liked this shot and how in my opinion it really reflected the mood and tone of the event it was representing. Spoiler details below
    Just the idea of Rosea being out on this riverside walkway barefoot because she left quickly without really thinking, staring out over at the distant city that she feels separated from, and just all around feeling depressed and alone about her very existence and her perception of herself as a monster.

And on a lighter note this is my favorite just on the basis that it never ceases to make me laugh.

ch15pg3.png

That is a picture of a vampire, doing yoga, in a leather jacket and leather pants, while listening to rock music. I admit I don't know much about yoga but I don't think that's generally how it's done but I love the character and the picture just for how silly it is. :tongue:

I love both of those pics. They both convey a certain mood. I'm reminded again of our important our pictures need to go along with our story.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I love both of those pics. They both convey a certain mood. I'm reminded again of our important our pictures need to go along with our story.

Yessss. Every now and then I end up with a screenshot where I can't possibly add words to it, I just let the pictures tell the story. I'd love to do a second draft to turn some of my stories into novels but at points like that I just throw my hands up.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

Yessss. Every now and then I end up with a screenshot where I can't possibly add words to it, I just let the pictures tell the story. I'd love to do a second draft to turn some of my stories into novels but at points like that I just throw my hands up.

I think part of my problem is needing to spend the time to take in the photo or words before I post a chapter. I'm learning that's important, but it's a long process that will take me awhile. I'm not in touch with that part of me. Not sure why.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 21

My precious!

10-15-17_4-45-38-PM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Two updates from me in one week? *gasp* It's a miracle! This one is also for my Alien Adoption -story.

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 11
    aPn9KFL.jpg

Mila hits the books, and Mila and Taimi make a new acquaintance.

Have a nice day everyone!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    So, question again but this is more for something for me to do now I have some spare time. I'm going to do some building later and need ideas. :)
    What is your favourite venue type in the sims 4?
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    So, question again but this is more for something for me to do now I have some spare time. I'm going to do some building later and need ideas. :)

Hmm...not sure about favorite, but the one I use the most often as intended is a park. Anytime I need to have a multi-generational gathering, it's usually at a park. Most of the other venues my Sims visit are actually masquerading as other types of venues. (The "arcade" that the kids have their birthday parties at is technically a bar, the "youth center" is technically a library, etc. Even the banquet hall was originally a bar, until someone happened to have the wedding on Knight Night...then it got switched to a lounge.)

Also I don't know if this technically counts as a venue or not, but I really enjoy the City Living festivals, particularly the flea market.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg

Probably a lounge (although, my sims have been spending a ton of time in the library lately...)
    I like that your sim can practice their music (or comedy) skills and that you can get tips, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top