Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get really frustrated when trying to get sims to act a certain way while taking pics?

That's me right now -__-(they won't stop smiling!!)
    @Acarb90 Oh, yes. Definitely. My pet peeve in TS3 is how they can't sit still for more than two seconds unless they have something to do while sitting. And in TS4, yes, it's the smiling. I had to download the less smiling -mod because the smiling creeped me out and got in the way of my sombre pics.

@RipuAncestor there's a less smiling mod?
    @AdamsEve1231 Yes, there is. Though apparently it might have some issues with toddlers. I haven't noticed, but to be fair, I haven't played with TS4 toddlers much yet. There's apparently a link to the more toddler-friendly version in the mod page's comments, but I haven't tried that mod yet.

Asaoyoru wrote: »
    Hello SimLit friends, Seeing as this is Inspiration Wednesday, I wanted to ask (for those TS3 players), how are you inspired by the supernatural characters and how do you utilize them in your stories? (And TS4 has ghosts and vamps, and I might be missing something, but you can answer too).

I decided to play a genie the other day and enjoyed the character so much I stuck her in a story (listed below). I have been writing a whole mythos about the supernaturals and how they came to be, and it has been fun exploring this in all my stories.

It's not a supernatural character per se and it's not from me, but I wanted to say that I get immensly inspired by Tad Dustpine, the "cosmic being" from @RipuAncestor lately. Reading his antics makes me want to write so bad! :joy: In terms of supernatural Sims 3 characters he has ruined me forever. <3
    @Asaoyoru :blush: Thank you so much! I'm flattered, and I'm so glad Tad could be an inspiration. Thank you! :heart:

As for supernaturals and inspiration, I had to get Supernatural before I could start writing The Chrysanthemum Tango. Just the concepts the EP introduced gave me so many ideas for that story that I had to get it. I don't really play supernaturals outside of storytelling, though.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Hello SimLit friends, Seeing as this is Inspiration Wednesday, I wanted to ask (for those TS3 players), how are you inspired by the supernatural characters and how do you utilize them in your stories? (And TS4 has ghosts and vamps, and I might be missing something, but you can answer too).

I decided to play a genie the other day and enjoyed the character so much I stuck her in a story (listed below). I have been writing a whole mythos about the supernaturals and how they came to be, and it has been fun exploring this in all my stories.

I ended up drawing a lot of inspiration from TS4's aliens; I found the ability to disguise themselves and pass as a normal Sim fascinating. My first alien birth was also twins, and one wears the disguise and one does not.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Hello everyone! It's Inspiration Wednesday! :)

I've been listening to songs while I write recently - and I bet a lot of you do too! What music/what do you listen to while you write? :)

For me, it's been songs that I can't get out of my head, simply because they're so good: Take That's Giants as well as Sam Lee and Daniel Pemberton's The Devil and the Huntsman have been in the background many times as I wrote my last few chapters for Build Newcrest. Completely unrelated to the story itself, I think, but I enjoyed every minute of each song. :)

The product of all this for today: Build Newcrest 2.11.

Love you guys! Very Inspired moodlets for all of you! <3

Thanks for the song links! I know I'll use "Giants" to exercise to.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i think cathtea inspires me.

if i ever finish the benders. i told her my next legacy kids will named after literature characters.
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Everyone here inspires me ❤
    Some of you guys are really great writers :)

I'm glad I found this forum. Btw has anyone here written stories on MTS?
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Idk why I typed some. I meant ALL xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    i don't think i said it here but the air was broke in shopping womans car which is why he was sweating. i hope its fixed now tomorrow is my day in that car. (less)

jenn guuess what Brian made this up
  • Options
    I think I just made enough noise to get the new member-member issue sorted out.

I guess I'll be a full member soon =D. i cant wait to have an awesome signature and promote my story!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    My game has gone to crap now. I swear every time I do something that's actually fun and engaging, something happens either to the save or the entire game. Argh! I'm cursed.

So how is everybody else doing?
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    My game has gone to plum now. I swear every time I do something that's actually fun and engaging, something happens either to the save or the entire game. Argh! I'm cursed.

well my worpress came out of hibernation yesterday so good. it fixed itself i couldn't read or write.
  • Options
    My game has gone to plum now. I swear every time I do something that's actually fun and engaging, something happens either to the save or the entire game. Argh! I'm cursed.

well my worpress came out of hibernation yesterday so good. it fixed itself i couldn't read or write.

That's weird. How did it go into hibernation? Were you having problems logging in or something?
  • Options

That's weird. How did it go into hibernation? Were you having problems logging in or something?

i could but i couldn't doanything.
  • Options

Not even visit the site? :worried:
  • Options

Not even visit the site? :worried:

i could see it but not do anything.
  • Options
    Well, so far, it looks like my saves are corrupted. Flarn on it! :disappointed: There goes my current work.
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    That's so sad @sunnyshay! Did you manage to back up anything at all?
  • Options
    That's so sad @sunnyshay! Did you manage to back up anything at all?

I can load the saves and play but there's no guarantee I'll be able to save or visit lots without the risk of everything crashing and freezing. I had tried to save earlier today and it was going for 30 minutes. So I just forced it to close. Then this evening, I reset Sims 4 and put the saves and everything back. Oh was able to save around 3x. Then I knew once the sims faces were failing to load in the lower bar, I knew I couldn't do it again.

I have 2 options at this point. Either I remove all cc from my game, which is co-author for my Super Sim save, but it would pretty much kill my Get Real save. And I would have to do a MAJOR overhaul on ALL of my townies. I have around 20+ families that would need to be restyled.

The other option would be just a clean slate without c.f. or at least, a lot less c.c. I don't want to do that. It's worse case scenario.

The 3rd option would be to weed through over 10gb of cc to figure out what's faulty. It can't be mods because I took all of though out.
  • Options
    You could try to remove the CC you need for your Get Real save and see if it improves. If it doesn't, you know that those might be able to be kept and your save isn't lost!

I hope you find a solution that fits you ): It's always sad to hear something like that.
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy timezones all! Dropping an update. :)

Chapter 12.2 - The 🐸🐸🐸🐸

0D7Yead.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks @Asaoyoru a lot of things happened while taking screenshots, which gave me more ideas. :)
  • Options
    @sunnyshay Oh no! I hope you'll find a solution that will restore at least some - and hopefully all - of your saves. :anguished:
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @pronterus It's so cool to get so many chapters from you lately! Also your avatar pic is awesome!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    @pronterus It's so cool to get so many chapters from you lately! Also your avatar pic is awesome!

Thanks! I had it commissioned from someone for a great deal :)
  • Options
    You could try to remove the CC you need for your Get Real save and see if it improves. If it doesn't, you know that those might be able to be kept and your save isn't lost!

I hope you find a solution that fits you ): It's always sad to hear something like that.

That's what I was planning to do. I have Sim Tray or whatever the name is. I'm going to go in an save the house into my gallery. Then close the game. Save it as a package with the c.c. and just remove everything.

For my Super Sim save, I'm going to see if I can keep playing with just the max is match cc. I don't think it should be a problem since it's significantly less than my general mod folder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top