Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get really frustrated when trying to get sims to act a certain way while taking pics?

That's me right now -__-(they won't stop smiling!!)

@Acarb90 Oh yes. Or I'm in the middle of an important scene and one gets up to go to the bathroom or falls asleep. I should probably lock needs.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2017
    Anyone ever get really frustrated when trying to get sims to act a certain way while taking pics?

@Acarb90 Oh, yes. Definitely. My pet peeve in TS3 is how they can't sit still for more than two seconds unless they have something to do while sitting. And in TS4, yes, it's the smiling. I had to download the less smiling -mod because the smiling creeped me out and got in the way of my sombre pics.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member

Also happens to me often-- Pose Player kinda helps at least.
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member

Did you know you can't be sad while cuddling? No? Yeah neither did I. So upset when I was trying to have my sims sad while his Grandpa tried to comfort him. Totally photoshopped this because I was getting to the point of pulling my hair out with the goofy kid's smile. (Though I love his goofy smile normally.)

06-11-17_9-06-37-pm1.png?w=640&h=360

• TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    edited June 2017
    Late to the party though naturally still happy birthday @MadameLee and @Acarb90 Totally relatable, yes! :) Though I try sometimes for caps with free will off and or an emotion cheat. Find that helps to do before I start pulling hair out lol That said, between the beautiful weather and having so much fun stuff to enjoy in life, I squeezed another chapter out :D

This is an update that is not to be met with disinterest or neglect. :wink:

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Acarb90 yeah, the similing really can mess things up! I also recommend the Less Smiling mod that Ripu suggested :) I don't have a link handy, but I think it should be easy to find if you google "TS4 less smiling" or something to that effect :)

And also, mods and/or cheats to manipulate emotions are also a must for me when I screenshot :) So something like that might help you too.

Good luck!
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Acarb90 and others: as long as you're in a file that you're okay with cheating in, the Enable Debug Cheats mod (for shift-clicking and adding emotional buffs with ease, along with other useful cheats), UI Cheats Extension (allows right-clicking on moodlets to get rid of them), and MC Command Center (has a setting that enables the same cheats as the separate Enable Debug Cheats mod) all allow for manipulating emotions.

I also use the less-smiling mod. Very helpful, though sometimes the smug face it's replaced with is too much. Here's the link: http://modthesims.info/d/574482
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    And today: Axel discovers a whole new glass prison for Thu. That is mostly wall.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

The worst is when you're trying to show them having a conversation and there's any kind of chair around. Mine always go to sit down to talk!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Thanks everyone :)

I do have most of those mods, but sometimes they don't work for long because the stupid lot moodlets take over lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hello everyone! It's Inspiration Wednesday! :)

I've been listening to songs while I write recently - and I bet a lot of you do too! What music/what do you listen to while you write? :)

For me, it's been songs that I can't get out of my head, simply because they're so good: Take That's Giants as well as Sam Lee and Daniel Pemberton's The Devil and the Huntsman have been in the background many times as I wrote my last few chapters for Build Newcrest. Completely unrelated to the story itself, I think, but I enjoyed every minute of each song. :)

The product of all this for today: Build Newcrest 2.11.

Love you guys! Very Inspired moodlets for all of you! <3
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks everyone :)

I do have most of those mods, but sometimes they don't work for long because the plum lot moodlets take over lol

@Acarb90 In that case there is a mod I LOVE that lessens or removes the lot moodlets. It is one of my favorites BUT it's not being updated anymore. I still believe it works, though, so I would give it a go. You pick one "flavor" after downloading. I use the less good/bad option, I think. It must be working because I used to complain about this before I found the mod and it's been AGES. :tongue:

Also, happy birthday @Acarb90 and @MadameLee !!!!! :cookie::cookie:
    Post edited by Meggles on
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @eXokamikaze !!!!!!!!!!!! *ATTACK HUG*
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    @eXokamikaze !!!!!!!!!!!! *ATTACK HUG*

*GLOMPS* <3!
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    [quote="Meggles;c-15848870"][quote="Acarb90;c-15848777"]Thanks everyone :)

I do have most of those mods, but sometimes they don't work for long because the plum lot moodlets take over lol[/quote]

@Acarb90 In that case there is a mod I LOVE that [url="http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=544813"]lessens or removes the lot moodlets[/url]. It is one of my favorites BUT it's not being updated anymore. I still believe it works, though, so I would give it a go. You pick one "flavor" after downloading. I use the less good/bad option, I think. It must be working because I used to complain about this before I found the mod and it's been AGES. :tongue:

Also, happy birthday @Acarb90 and @MadameLee !!!!! :cookie: :cookie: [/quote]

Ooo awesome! I will definitely download that.

Ps not my bday =P but thanks!
    THIRTYT(2).png
    edited June 2017
    @Acarb90 Oh oops! I misread before, haha! I was like "gotta get those wishes out!" Well, happy DAY! :tongue:
    @Meggles: it's a wonderful day that ends with Y.

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Hey guys :blush: We have yet ANOTHER A2A character celebrating a birthday in today's chapter.

5.62: Complete
    OidfViA.png
    snvAF3B.png

@Acarb90 Oh, yes. Definitely. My pet peeve in TS3 is how they can't sit still for more than two seconds unless they have something to do while sitting. And in TS4, yes, it's the smiling. I had to download the less smiling -mod because the smiling creeped me out and got in the way of my sombre pics.

@RipuAncestor there's a less smiling mod?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Late birthday wishes to @MadameLee from me (haha that rhymes!) Hope you had a beautiful day and got everything you wished for!

I think the topics of mods is very interesting and since I might have been sucked in by poses and cc (you wouldn't believe how many people warned me from this and I still didn't listen :joy:) I'm always looking for good mods that help with me slowly easing myself into trying to do some plot-driven storytelling. Thanks for all the tips!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    Late birthday wishes to @MadameLee from me (haha that rhymes!) Hope you had a beautiful day and got everything you wished for!

I think the topics of mods is very interesting and since I might have been plum in by poses and cc (you wouldn't believe how many people warned me from this and I still didn't listen :joy:) I'm always looking for good mods that help with me slowly easing myself into trying to do some plot-driven storytelling. Thanks for all the tips!

oh we stayed on a topic.usually theres two or three by now. we weren't good at sticking to one. so today is a first i think.
    Hello SimLit friends, Seeing as this is Inspiration Wednesday, I wanted to ask (for those TS3 players), how are you inspired by the supernatural characters and how do you utilize them in your stories? (And TS4 has ghosts and vamps, and I might be missing something, but you can answer too).

I decided to play a genie the other day and enjoyed the character so much I stuck her in a story (listed below). I have been writing a whole mythos about the supernaturals and how they came to be, and it has been fun exploring this in all my stories.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Okay without further adieu my latest From Riverview, With Love (FRWL) posts:

screenshot-434.jpg
    1.23 Read Like a Book
    Gage realizes love with a vamp may only last the night, and reaches out to a former love interest to help him out of his intriguing predicament.

screenshot-146.jpg
    1.24 All Wishes Final
    At the suggestion of a friend, Gage seeks counsel, but the Love Doctor isn't what he expects.

Happy Simming!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Hello SimLit friends, Seeing as this is Inspiration Wednesday, I wanted to ask (for those TS3 players), how are you inspired by the supernatural characters and how do you utilize them in your stories? (And TS4 has ghosts and vamps, and I might be missing something, but you can answer too).

I decided to play a genie the other day and enjoyed the character so much I stuck her in a story (listed below). I have been writing a whole mythos about the supernaturals and how they came to be, and it has been fun exploring this in all my stories.

It's not a supernatural character per se and it's not from me, but I wanted to say that I get immensly inspired by Tad Dustpine, the "cosmic being" from @RipuAncestor lately. Reading his antics makes me want to write so bad! :joy: In terms of supernatural Sims 3 characters he has ruined me forever. <3
    @AdamsEve1231 The imaginary friends (and ability to bring them to life) in TS3 were the inspiration for Dust to Dust :blush: I just transferred the idea from imaginary friend to ghost. The journey of wanting to bring someone you care about to life and allow them to be "free" seemed like a fun idea for a story plot :blush:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top