Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please give us some new badges! - Petition

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    We NEED A POTATO BADGE

For not posting or commenting for 6 months! :)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    Farrousy wrote: »
    We NEED A POTATO BADGE

For not posting or commenting for 6 months! :)

You got it! xD
    @Farrousy Couldn't find a potato icon so I had to draw one, but here you go! :blush:

tumblr_notf1yjmRu1ur6l71o1_100.png
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    @Farrousy Couldn't find a potato icon so I had to draw one, but here you go! :blush:

tumblr_notf1yjmRu1ur6l71o1_100.png

3edf11668afe87c0f706fb1ee7def1a19920d32a732f22af8cd44b4884e90f25.jpg
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • T_MMYT_MMY Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2015
    deleted
    Post edited by T_MMY on
    tumblr_mhn2vkvrd51rkae8go1_500_by_yeruie-d5z2mq4.gif
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't even pay attention the the ones I have now. I just went to look and I got a new May 2nd that two people commented on. I did not even know but thanks for the congrats! Sorry, I hardly ever go to my wall.
    T_MMY wrote: »
    I'd love more badges! Earning stuff is always fun. :)

Yass! :blush:
    It doesn't make since to have just a few badges, but more. Of course badges should be extended! This idea is marvelous, and I really applaud your effort! I think favoritism will always be an issue, it is a common one for sure, and I believe that no matter what-- it can't avoided in all cases. Badges are just a cute and unique way to keep Simmers encouraged to be more active on the website. I love your post.
    I support this idea and I support how open-minded you are.

Thank you for your support, and I totally agree with what you said! :blush:
    Birthday badges requested by @Zsims601.

All of these badges are earned by entering your birthday information into the forum, however nobody would be able to see this information except from the Mods and Gurus. This way everybody (even new members) gets a birthday badge automatically, unless they'd rather not let people know what month their birthday is in, it's totally up to you!

tumblr_npizu6owBI1ur6l71o1_100.pngJanuary Birthday Badge- This user celebrates their birthday in January! Brrr, grab those mittens! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o4_100.pngFebruary Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in February! Aww, love's in the air! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o8_100.pngMarch Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in March! In with the lion, out with the lamb. ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o1_100.pngApril Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in April! April showers on your b-day? Nah? Not so much? Okay. ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizhwQFLp1ur6l71o1_100.pngMay Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in May! Let's just hope those allergies don't involve sneezing on your cake! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o7_100.pngJune Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in June! Grab that beach ball and go swimming! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o6_100.pngJuly Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in July! Set off those fireworks! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o2_100.pngAugust Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in August! Grab that sunscreen, you'll need it! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeyAcFh1ur6l71o1_100.pngSeptember Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in September! Enjoy the weather, while it lasts! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o10_100.pngOctober Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in October! Boo, scary! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o9_100.pngNovember Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in November! Why don't we go jump in some leaves and dance with some scarecrows? ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o3_100.pngDecember Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in December! How jolly! ~10 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    What a cool idea, I hope the devs are going to listen to you! I really like the birthday one, as well as the charity related ones - would be awesome to encourage combining simming with a good cause!
    edited June 2015
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    What a cool idea, I hope the devs are going to listen to you! I really like the birthday one, as well as the charity related ones - would be awesome to encourage combining simming with a good cause!

Mmm I don't think it's the devs that I want to get the attention of, probably more like the forum managers/editors (whoever they are) would be the ones to add new badges. But thank you very much for the nice comment! I totally agree that rewarding simmers that are involved with charities is a great way to maybe encourage more people to get involved. I don't quite know how it would work, but it's still a fun idea! :)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ever since becoming a full member, I'm mostly surprised whenever I receive a badge, I just don't really keep track of it anymore. But it does always make me happy to get one!

So I've had some thoughts, the birthday badges look great, except having such a badge will allow others to see in what month your birthday is. That may not be problematic for most people, but it would be for some, of course they have the option not to share their birthday, but they will miss quite a few points, I see a potential dilemma there. Also, I believe 10 points is too many for new members, considering the system and its purpose, maybe just 1 or 2 points, so it is less of a problem to choose privacy over points or vice versa.

How about some badges for being considerate to other forumites - not in the things you say, but in behaviour, I'll explain:
    A badge for small signatures - without picture and with few lines (max 2 or 3)
    A badge for functional quoting - quote someone and remove the part(s) of their comment that are not relevant to your reply (you should probably get the badge the first time you do this)
    This definitely encourages less cluttering - long signatures are annoying, I know you can filter them out entirely, but a lot of people have interesting stuff to say there (I do always filter out the pictures anyway, especially because a lot of people have animated things in there, it's just really distracting) Also, the quoting, when someone replies to one line in a 30 line post they feel the need to quote the entire thing... It's just a lot of scrolling and sometimes difficult to figure out to what part of a quote someone is referring.

Another thing, technically the badges that are available to us now are the ones EA selected from the ones made available by Vanilla, the company behind these forums (their name is hidden somewhere at the bottom of the page, but I have the link for you): http://vanillaforums.com/
    Anyway, what I mean to say is, that the badges you would like would probably have to be added to their system, which, the badges being useless for any forum but the Sims forum, I doubt will happen.

Still, I like the idea(s). By the way, I think I may have earned the 'Promote' badge today - one of the SimGurus left a very nice comment on my thread about population options for Sims 4 (link is in my signature) - Just so happy about it, I had to share it!
    Post edited by MDianaSims on
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    I love those badges. And it would make it easier to get those 50 points. That can literally take forever if you aren't the person to post a lot :D Great ideas!
    edited June 2015
    Ever since becoming a full member, I'm mostly surprised whenever I receive a badge, I just don't really keep track of it anymore. But it does always make me happy to get one!

So I've had some thoughts, the birthday badges look great, except having such a badge will allow others to see in what month your birthday is. That may not be problematic for most people, but it would be for some, of course they have the option not to share their birthday, but they will miss quite a few points, I see a potential dilemma there. Also, I believe 10 points is too many for new members, considering the system and its purpose, maybe just 1 or 2 points, so it is less of a problem to choose privacy over points or vice versa.

How about some badges for being considerate to other forumites - not in the things you say, but in behaviour, I'll explain:
    A badge for small signatures - without picture and with few lines (max 2 or 3)
    A badge for functional quoting - quote someone and remove the part(s) of their comment that are not relevant to your reply (you should probably get the badge the first time you do this)
    This definitely encourages less cluttering - long signatures are annoying, I know you can filter them out entirely, but a lot of people have interesting stuff to say there (I do always filter out the pictures anyway, especially because a lot of people have animated things in there, it's just really distracting) Also, the quoting, when someone replies to one line in a 30 line post they feel the need to quote the entire thing... It's just a lot of scrolling and sometimes difficult to figure out to what part of a quote someone is referring.

Another thing, technically the badges that are available to us now are the ones EA selected from the ones made available by Vanilla, the company behind these forums (their name is hidden somewhere at the bottom of the page, but I have the link for you): http://vanillaforums.com/
    Anyway, what I mean to say is, that the badges you would like would probably have to be added to their system, which, the badges being useless for any forum but the Sims forum, I doubt will happen.

Still, I like the idea(s). By the way, I think I may have earned the 'Promote' badge today - one of the SimGurus left a very nice comment on my thread about population options for Sims 4 (link is in my signature) - Just so happy about it, I had to share it!

Yup totally agree about the points being too high for the birthday badges, I'll fix that now. As for the suggestion of the behaviour badge, I love it and I'll get on it ASAP!

I don't really know much about forum coding or whatever, but could it really be that hard to set up some of the new badges? I mean if the forum managers have access to the badge coding then surely they can add a new line thats like "when x, y and z is fulfilled, award this player with that badge" idk, my lack of knowledge probably just made you cringe! xD
    Whatever, I won't worry to much whether it's possible or not right now, it's just fun to imagine.

Congrats on your Guru comment btw! I'd totally award you with the Promote badge if I could. ;)<3
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    I love those badges. And it would make it easier to get those 50 points. That can literally take forever if you aren't the person to post a lot :D Great ideas!

Thank you! I agree that for some people it is harder to get the 50 points, especially if you're shy and don't like to jump into discussions much. But at the same time I don't want to make it too easy for new members to get promoted.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Your badges are cute but I lost interest in being awarded badges when I left school.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited June 2015
    As for the suggestion of the behaviour badge, I love it and I'll get on it ASAP!
    Nice, I'm sure more could be added to that section, but I don't have any ideas right now.
    I don't really know much about forum coding or whatever, but could it really be that hard to set up some of the new badges? I mean if the forum managers have access to the badge coding then surely they can add a new line thats like "when x, y and z is fulfilled, award this player with that badge" idk, my lack of knowledge probably just made you cringe! xD
    Whatever, I won't worry to much whether it's possible or not right now, it's just fun to imagine.
    Well, I don't know more than what I told you. And I do agree that it is fun to imagine :wink: Besides your badge designs are awesome.
    Congrats on your Guru comment btw! I'd totally award you with the Promote badge if I could. ;)<3
    Thanks! :blush:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    i love badge they are good things to collect i love them <3<3

i think @SimGuruDrake can help she moderating the forums now
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

suzanna13 wrote: »
    Your badges are cute but I lost interest in being awarded badges when I left school.

Thank you! I never got any badges when I was at school, maybe I'm just trying to fill that void. :disappointed:
    i love badge they are good things to collect i love them <3<3

i think @SimGuruDrake can help she moderating the forums now

Thank you! It would be nice to have some sort of official comment on it from a Guru/Mod, I'd like to know whether it can be done or not. :)
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I really like these. Would love to see them be a reality :smile:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Super cute. :smiley:
    I really like these. Would love to see them be a reality :smile:

Thanks guys! :)<3
  • islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    All these badges are super cute and creative. Ignore the negativity. I'm a teacher and I know that even the oldest pupils still appreciate a badge or a gold star. Instant smile on their face.
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
    speirsy wrote: »
    All these badges are super cute and creative. Ignore the negativity. I'm a teacher and I know that even the oldest pupils still appreciate a badge or a gold star. Instant smile on their face.

Thank you! I don't really listen to the negativity anymore, the nice comments outshine the negative ones by far! I always have a big smile on my face when I earn a new badge on here, the more badges you earn the harder the new ones are to come by, so I'm always happy everytime I get a shiny new badge! :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top