Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please give us some new badges! - Petition

BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
edited June 2015 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
"Badges are designed to reinforce desirable behaviors on a forum. They are not necessarily awards for the best or most of something, but rather signs that point the way to positive participation in a community." - Vanillaforums

We have a very limited number of badges on the forum and it would be nice to have a wider variety of badges to achieve. I've made a few badges using icons from the Sims 4 and some of my own icons, please look through the list and leave a like and a comment if you want some more badges to show off your achievements on the forum.

Badges for the Modding and Bug Fix members of the forum:

tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o3_100.pngBug Finder's badge! - Find a bug in the game and report it in the Sims 4 Bugs and Issues section of the forum. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o2_100.pngBug Fixer's badge! - Find a fix to a bug affecting the game. ~20 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o2_100.pngModder's badge! - Share a mod that you've created for the game in the Sims 4 Modding and Custom Content section of the forum. ~20 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

Moderation badges:

tumblr_nopc96YdKs1ur6l71o1_100.pngModerator's badge! - Awarded to the wonderful men and women that dedicate their time to keeping a watchful eye over the forum. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_noplvtL3Nb1ur6l71o1_100.pngSimGuru badge! - Awarded to the amazing men and women that are working on the Sims 4 game, helping out on the forum and all round generally being awesome! ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Badges for showing support for charities:

tumblr_nopezqn5r61ur6l71o1_100.pngRed Nose Day badge! - Show your appreciation for Red Nose Day. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nopgm71uhN1ur6l71o1_100.pngChildren In Need badge! - Show your appreciation for Children In Need. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_normepn7oU1ur6l71o1_100.pngMovember badge! - Show your appreciation for Movember. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

Appreciation badges:

tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o5_100.pngThumbs Up badge! - Awarded for consistently being a helpful and pleasant forumite. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o3_100.pngPromote badge! - Awarded when a SimGuru appreciates a question, answer, or comment you've made in one of your posts. ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norm7lLZ5p1ur6l71o1_100.pngStar Poster badge! - Awarded for consistently posting positively, whether it be through posting your ideas, feedback, creations or just complimenting other forumites! ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
awesome-1.pngAwesome badge! - Similar to the Like and LOL badges, you post some really awesome stuff! ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
up-1.pngUp-Vote badge! - Similar to the Like and LOL badges, people really found your posts helpful! ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
insightful-1.pngInsightful badge! - Similar to the Like and LOL badges, you really shed light on the situation! ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Storytelling, Creative Corner, Sims & Modelling and Ideas badges:

tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o4_100.pngWriter badge! - Share a story with us in the Stories and Legacies section of the forum. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norjo6VqHl1ur6l71o3_100.pngStoryteller's badge! - Awarded for sharing a few of your creative and entertaining stories with us. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norjo6VqHl1ur6l71o2_100.pngNovelist's badge! - Awarded for consistently sharing your brilliant stories with us. ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norjo6VqHl1ur6l71o1_100.pngAuthor's badge! - Awarded for filling the Stories and Legacies section of the forum with your amazing stories. You're a true author! ~25 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norccuNFeP1ur6l71o1_100.pngGreat Ideas badge! - Awarded for sharing some of your creative ideas with us - through polls, petitions and pictures. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o7_100.pngVisionary badge! - Awarded for consistently sharing your brilliant ideas with us. You help us make the game more fun for everyone! ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nopk7mMG8E1ur6l71o1_100.pngCustom Content Creator badge! - Awarded for sharing amazing Custom Content that you've created with us. You're really helping us to expand player's experiences and possibilities with your creations! ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o4_100.pngFilm-maker's badge! - Awarded for sharing amazing Sims videos and Machinima's that you've created with us. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o1_100.pngBuilder's badge! - Awarded for sharing amazing Sims builds that you've created with us. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o2_100.pngMaster Builder's badge! - Awarded for showing incredible talent and huge dedication in all of your Sims builds, you truly are a Master Builder! ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nov3yk3lt91ur6l71o1_100.pngStylist badge! - Awarded for sharing your amazing CAS creations with us. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nov8nerWCT1ur6l71o1_100.pngFashionista badge! - Awarded for consistently sharing your incredible CAS creations with us. Your Sims are fabulous! ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

New Member badges:

tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o3_100.pngNew Member badge! - You may be new to this forum, but you'll feel at home in no time! ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norlv7ZAk61ur6l71o1_100.pngWarm Welcomes badge! - Awarded for consistently greeting and helping out new members to the forum. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_nopkytErhT1ur6l71o1_100.pngFirst Thread badge! - Awarded for posting your very first thread. Make it a good one! ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o1_100.pngBookmarker's badge! - Bookmark 10 threads on the forum. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Badges for sharing:

tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o5_100.pngShared a Photo badge! - Awarded for sharing a photo with us. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_normupHbrg1ur6l71o1_100.pngFrequent Messenger badge! - Awarded for sending 100 messages via PM. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_nopo1seD4p1ur6l71o1_100.pngScrapbooker badge! - Awarded for consistently sharing your screenshots, photoshoots, and in game photographs with us. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

Social Media badges:

facebook_badge.pngFacebook badge! - Link a facebook comment in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
twitter_badge.pngTwitter badge! - Link a Twitter comment in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_nopwvdarjN1ur6l71o1_100.pngTumblr badge! - Link a Tumblr page in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norifpkEDN1ur6l71o1_100.pngYouTube badge! - Link a YouTube video in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Misc badges:

tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o4_100.pngNo Toilet Breaks badge! - Stay online for 5 consecutive hours. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_notgpkHH6Y1ur6l71o1_100.pngProfessional Slacker badge! - Stay online for 10 consecutive hours. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o6_100.pngUp All Night badge! - Stay online for 24 consecutive hours. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_nopo2h4sau1ur6l71o1_100.pngMobile Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 100 times using a mobile device. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o2_100.pngComputer Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 100 times using a computer or laptop. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o1_100.pngBlabbermouth badge! - Comment on 100 wall posts. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norccuNFeP1ur6l71o2_100.pngChatterbox badge! - Start a private messaging session with another forum member. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o3_100.pngSpread The Love badge! - Like or LOL 100 posts by other people. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_nopw5mGHtL1ur6l71o1_100.pngIce Breaker badge! - Be the first to comment on a thread and break the ice. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norenrDmur1ur6l71o1_100.pngEarly Morning Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 10 times in the early morning. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norenrDmur1ur6l71o2_100.pngLate Night Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 10 times late at night. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o6_100.pngAlways Fabulous badge! - Change your profile picture 100 times. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norccuNFeP1ur6l71o3_100.pngPoll Participant badge! - Cast your vote in one of the forums official polls and make your opinion count! ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_norslknfF31ur6l71o1_100.pngBanana badge! - Profess your undying love for bananas. ~1 point~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
tumblr_notf1yjmRu1ur6l71o1_100.pngPotato badge! - Be inactive for 6 months. ~0 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_notfbwWtXB1ur6l71o1_100.pngConversationalist badge! - Start a group conversation with 3 other people. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_notc6mA0if1ur6l71o1_100.pngDiscussion Seeder badge! - Create 5 threads. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_notc6mA0if1ur6l71o3_100.pngHot Topic badge! - Have 100 reply posts on one of your threads. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_notc6mA0if1ur6l71o2_100.pngExplosive Discussion badge! - Have 500 reply posts on one of your threads. ~4 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_notc6mA0if1ur6l71o4_100.pngMagnetic Thread badge! - Have 1000 views on one of your threads. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_notc6mA0if1ur6l71o5_100.pngQuoter's badge! - Quote 10 people's posts. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum

Birthday badges:

All of these badges are earned by entering your birthday information into the forum, however nobody would be able to see this information except from the Mods and Gurus. This way everybody (even new members) gets a birthday badge automatically, unless they'd rather not let people know what month their birthday is in, it's totally up to you!

tumblr_npizu6owBI1ur6l71o1_100.pngJanuary Birthday Badge- This user celebrates their birthday in January! Brrr, grab those mittens! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o4_100.pngFebruary Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in February! Aww, love's in the air! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o8_100.pngMarch Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in March! In with the lion, out with the lamb. ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o1_100.pngApril Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in April! April showers on your b-day? Nah? Not so much? Okay. ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizhwQFLp1ur6l71o1_100.pngMay Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in May! Let's just hope those allergies don't involve sneezing on your cake! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o7_100.pngJune Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in June! Grab that beach ball and go swimming! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o6_100.pngJuly Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in July! Set off those fireworks! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o2_100.pngAugust Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in August! Grab that sunscreen, you'll need it! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeyAcFh1ur6l71o1_100.pngSeptember Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in September! Enjoy the weather, while it lasts! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o10_100.pngOctober Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in October! Boo, scary! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o9_100.pngNovember Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in November! Why don't we go jump in some leaves and dance with some scarecrows? ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum
tumblr_npizeifTlQ1ur6l71o3_100.pngDecember Birthday Badge - This user celebrates their birthday in December! How jolly! ~2 Points~ Issued automatically by forum

I'm totally going to be making more badges to add to this list, comment if you like the idea of having some more badges to aim for! :blush:
Post edited by BellaGothIsQueen on

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Sorry I don't see the point in badges. If someone wants to be a positive member of a community they should just do it without the "reward".
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Very cute. I realized there were more badges already created, but not how many more. Fits in with the forum improvement ideas here.
  • BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    Sorry I don't see the point in badges. If someone wants to be a positive member of a community they should just do it without the "reward".

Ok, I just like being able to show off my accomplishments. :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member

People have different motivations. If it's not for you, it's not for you, but it doesn't mean it mightn't please some other members.
    edited May 2015
    greenXen wrote: »
    Very cute. I realized there were more badges already created, but not how many more. Fits in with the forum improvement ideas here.

Yes I completely agree! I think that if people have more things to achieve on the forum and get badges in reward then it could definitely calm things down a bit. :smile:
    If anyone has any other ideas for possible badges, be sure to post them here and I'll get them made asap! Also if you've made any of your own badges you can post them here, too! :)<3
  • MLPTSMLPTS Posts: 461 Member
    More badges!!!
    I'd love a banana bage
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I love these! How did you make them?
    MLPTS wrote: »
    More badges!!!
    I'd love a banana bage

One banana badge coming right up! :blush:
    Astro wrote: »
    I love these! How did you make them?

In photoshop! I have to confess I didn't make most of the actual icons, they're from TS4. :wink:
    @MLPTS Here you go! :smiley:

tumblr_norslknfF31ur6l71o1_100.png
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

Ok, I just like being able to show off my accomplishments. :blush:

While I agree with @PHOEBESMOM601, I'll say if you really want to show off, I could use your participation over in this thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812104/bella-needs-photoshopping-now-with-more-pictures
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Forum Police badge! - Awarded for successfully and consistently reporting members of the forum that are breaking the ToS. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

I can see issues with this ...
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    "Badges are designed to reinforce desirable behaviors on a forum. They are not necessarily awards for the best or most of something, but rather signs that point the way to positive participation in a community." - Vanillaforums

We have a very limited number of badges and it would be nice to have some variety, so please add some more badges! Here are a few ideas to getcha going. :blush:<3

Badges for the Modding and Bug Fix members of the forum:

tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o3_100.pngBug Finder's badge! - Find a bug in the game and report it in the Sims 4 Bugs and Issues section of the forum. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o2_100.pngBug Fixer's badge! - Find a fix to a bug affecting the game. ~20 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o2_100.pngModder's badge! - Share a mod that you've created for the game in the Sims 4 Modding and Custom Content section of the forum. ~20 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

Moderation badges:

tumblr_nopc96YdKs1ur6l71o1_100.pngModerator's badge! - Awarded to the wonderful men and women that dedicate their time to keeping a watchful eye over the forum. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_nope4f7Kpl1ur6l71o1_100.pngForum Police badge! - Awarded for successfully and consistently reporting members of the forum that are breaking the ToS. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_noplvtL3Nb1ur6l71o1_100.pngSimGuru badge! - Awarded to the amazing men and women that are working on the Sims 4 game, helping out on the forum and all round generally being awesome! ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Badges for showing support for charities:

tumblr_nopezqn5r61ur6l71o1_100.pngRed Nose Day badge! - Show your appreciation for Red Nose Day. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_nopgm71uhN1ur6l71o1_100.pngChildren In Need badge! - Show your appreciation for Children In Need. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_normepn7oU1ur6l71o1_100.pngMovember badge! - Show your appreciation for Movember. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

Appreciation badges:

tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o5_100.pngThumbs Up badge! - Awarded for consistently being a helpful and pleasant forumite. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o3_100.pngPromote badge! - Awarded when a SimGuru appreciates a question, answer, or comment you've made in one of your posts. ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norm7lLZ5p1ur6l71o1_100.pngStar Poster badge! - Awarded for consistently posting positively, whether it be through posting your ideas, feedback, creations or just complimenting other forumites! ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    awesome-1.pngAwesome badge! - Similar to the Like and LOL badges, you post some really awesome stuff! ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    up-1.pngUp-Vote badge! - Similar to the Like and LOL badges, people really found your posts helpful! ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    insightful-1.pngInsightful badge! - Similar to the Like and LOL badges, you really shed light on the situation! ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Storytelling, Creative Corner and Ideas badges:

tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o4_100.pngWriter badge! - Share a story with us in the Stories and Legacies section of the forum. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norjo6VqHl1ur6l71o3_100.pngStoryteller's badge! - Awarded for sharing a few of your creative and entertaining stories with us. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norjo6VqHl1ur6l71o2_100.pngNovelist's badge! - Awarded for consistently sharing your brilliant stories with us. ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norjo6VqHl1ur6l71o1_100.pngAuthor's badge! - Awarded for filling the Stories and Legacies section of the forum with your amazing stories. You're a true author! ~25 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norccuNFeP1ur6l71o1_100.pngGreat Ideas badge! - Awarded for sharing some of your creative ideas with us - through polls, petitions and pictures. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o7_100.pngVisionary badge! - Awarded for consistently sharing your brilliant ideas with us. You help us make the game more fun for everyone! ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_nopk7mMG8E1ur6l71o1_100.pngCustom Content Creator badge! - Awarded for sharing amazing Custom Content that you've created with us. You're really helping us to expand player's experiences and possibilities with your creations! ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o4_100.pngFilm-maker's badge! - Awarded for sharing amazing Sims videos and Machinima's that you've created with us. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o1_100.pngBuilder's badge! - Awarded for sharing amazing Sims builds that you've created with us. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o2_100.pngMaster Builder's badge! - Awarded for showing incredible talent and huge dedication in all of your Sims builds, you truly are a Master Builder! ~15 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

New Member badges:

tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o3_100.pngNew Member badge! - You may be new to this forum, but you'll feel at home in no time! ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norlv7ZAk61ur6l71o1_100.pngWarm Welcomes badge! - Awarded for consistently greeting and helping out new members to the forum. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_nopkytErhT1ur6l71o1_100.pngFirst Thread badge! - Awarded for posting your very first thread. Make it a good one! ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norfox3X961ur6l71o1_100.pngBookmarker's badge! - Bookmark 10 threads on the forum. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Badges for sharing:

tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o5_100.pngShared a Photo badge! - Awarded for sharing a photo with us. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o1_100.pngLocation badge! - Awarded for telling us what country you're from. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_normupHbrg1ur6l71o1_100.pngFrequent Messenger badge! - Awarded for sending 100 messages in less than 24 hours. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_nopo1seD4p1ur6l71o1_100.pngScrapbooker badge! - Awarded for consistently sharing your screenshots, photoshoots, and in game photographs with us. ~5 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

Social Media badges:

facebook_badge.pngFacebook badge! - Link a facebook comment in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    twitter_badge.pngTwitter badge! - Link a Twitter comment in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_nopwvdarjN1ur6l71o1_100.pngTumblr badge! - Link a Tumblr page in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norifpkEDN1ur6l71o1_100.pngYouTube badge! - Link a YouTube video in one of your posts. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum

Misc badges:

tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o4_100.pngNo Toilet Breaks badge! - Stay online for 5 consecutive hours. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norliuwf9W1ur6l71o6_100.pngUp All Night badge! - Stay online for 24 consecutive hours. ~10 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_nopo2h4sau1ur6l71o1_100.pngMobile Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 100 times using a mobile device. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o2_100.pngComputer Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 100 times using a computer or laptop. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o1_100.pngBlabbermouth badge! - Comment on 100 wall posts. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norccuNFeP1ur6l71o2_100.pngChatterbox badge! - Start a private messaging session with another forum member. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_noprlnbKxZ1ur6l71o3_100.pngSpread The Love badge! - Like or LOL 100 posts by other people. ~5 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_nopw5mGHtL1ur6l71o1_100.pngIce Breaker badge! - Be the first to comment on a thread and break the ice. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norenrDmur1ur6l71o1_100.pngEarly Morning Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 10 times in the early morning. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norenrDmur1ur6l71o2_100.pngLate Night Forumite badge! - Visit the forum at least 10 times late at night. ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o4_100.pngSpeak Your Mind badge! - Awarded for consistently and appropriately speaking your mind on the forum and sharing your true feelings with the rest of us. ~2 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru
    tumblr_nordv9QZRP1ur6l71o6_100.pngAlways Fabulous badge! - Change your profile picture 100 times. ~2 points~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norccuNFeP1ur6l71o3_100.pngPoll Participant badge! - Cast your vote in one of the forums official polls and make your opinion count! ~1 point~ Issued automatically by forum
    tumblr_norslknfF31ur6l71o1_100.pngBanana badge! ~1 point~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

I'm totally going to be making more badges to add to this list, comment if you like the idea of having some more badges to aim for! :blush:

Umm how about no. A forum police badge? We have enough of that going on, we don't need to encourage people to get on their high horse.
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Forum Police badge! - Awarded for successfully and consistently reporting members of the forum that are breaking the ToS. ~10 points~ Issued by a Mod/Guru

I can see issues with this ...
    Umm how about no. A forum police badge? We have enough of that going on, we don't need to encourage people to get on their high horse.

Firstly thanks for your feedback. Secondly, I get that you guys don't like the idea of a forum police badge, but I think that those who go out of their way to help the mods by reporting legitimate and regular rule breakers who might have slipped under the mods radar, should be thanked and rewarded with a badge. I know there are always going to be people that disagree with this sort of moderation, but the mods can't be online 24/7, so it comes down to us as a community to look out for and report wrongdoers. You guys can disagree with me all you like, ultimately it's up to the people in charge whether or not to implement these badges, and I agree that there are a few iffy ones that might not work so well, but I'm just trying to put some ideas out there! These badges aren't so much as to encourage good behaviour - because the majority of people here are well behaved anyway - they're just silly little achievements to show off on your wall. :)
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    The problem with the forum police badge is that people will abuse it. I know people who have been warned for being sarcastic. And if you ask me, that is a bunch of BS.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    You want the dev's to reward you for breaking the forum rules? Some of these badges are clearly again's the forum rules. Equally would bring on more harassment of individuals than moderators want to handle. The whole idea is to bring people together, not sick them on one another.
    ./////////
    Anavastia wrote: »
    You want the dev's to reward you for breaking the forum rules? Some of these badges are clearly again's the forum rules. Equally would bring on more harassment of individuals than moderators want to handle. The whole idea is to bring people together, not sick them on one another.

I'm glad some others have seen some of the potential problems I did when I looked at the list. Many of these would foster more antagonism than community.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    ./////////

I'm glad some others have seen some of the potential problems I did when I looked at the list. Many of these would foster more antagonism than community.

Tell me which badges you're talking about and I'll happily remove them! :)
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    We're only on the first page and this thread seems to have already become focused on the Forum Police badge. Is that all you guys really took in from this?! Anyway...

I think these badges are cute and you have some really good ideas! The only thing I think would be an issue would be the 'Issued by Mod/SimGuru' thing. It might seem like a lot of work for them to repeatedly keep on top of this, but then at the same time, it would show that they're actively paying attention to what goes on in the Community. I'd like to see the last section implemented though, since they're all automatically given to you, and they are very generic too. :)

I've been wanting some new badges for quite a while, they're fun!

Tell me which badges you're talking about and I'll happily remove them! :)

We're only on the first page and this thread seems to have already become focused on the Forum Police badge. Is that all you guys really took in from this?.

No that's not all I took away from the list. However the Forum Police is a terrible idea. You'd have people tripping over each other running to the mods. People are already reporting people just for having a difference of opinion. Actually breaking the forum rules to the extent someone should be reported doesn't happen that often.

Just the obvious ones...........

Any of the badges you have being awarded by the mods, especially the creative ones, are going to cause problems for some people. There is a feeling of favoritism here already. I've seen many posts where people accuse others of being a mod favorite or of being in some kind of clique. The mods would have to go through all the threads, reading all the stories, looking at all the creations to make sure they gave out the badges to everyone who posted. You would have people asking....well X, Y and Z got badges for their stories....why didn't I? It will happen. It's just human nature.

Things like sending 100 messages in 24 hours is going to encourage spamming which will get people reported.

If you want to have new badges it would be a good idea to sit down and think about the possible behaviors and consequences that could be involved.

We're only on the first page and this thread seems to have already become focused on the Forum Police badge. Is that all you guys really took in from this?! Anyway...

I think these badges are cute and you have some really good ideas! The only thing I think would be an issue would be the 'Issued by Mod/SimGuru' thing. It might seem like a lot of work for them to repeatedly keep on top of this, but then at the same time, it would show that they're actively paying attention to what goes on in the Community. I'd like to see the last section implemented though, since they're all automatically given to you, and they are very generic too. :)

I've been wanting some new badges for quite a while, they're fun!

Thank you for the lovely comment! The whole idea of the 'issued by a Mod/Guru' was to give them more of a reason to get involved in the community, because at the moment it feels like they don't really contribute or communicate much with us when it comes to things like being creative and sharing ideas and feedback with other people on the forum. I think if there were badges to award people for their creativity and contributions on the forum then the mods would be more inclined actually look at the things people are doing and contributing and award them for it.

I also had an idea that might be cool, which is that members can message a mod where they nominate a certain member for a badge. For example say someone was hosting a building competition and they received an entry that was particularly stunning, they could then send a message to a mod linking them to the building competition entry and say something like "This forum member has submitted such an amazing creation that I would like to nominate them for the 'Builder's badge'" and then the mod can review it and decide whether or not to award that member with a badge. It just makes it a little easier for mods to award the outstanding creators with badges. :)
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    edited May 2015
    Any of the badges you have being awarded by the mods, especially the creative ones, are going to cause problems for some people. There is a feeling of favoritism here already. I've seen many posts where people accuse others of being a mod favorite or of being in some kind of clique. The mods would have to go through all the threads, reading all the stories, looking at all the creations to make sure they gave out the badges to everyone who posted. You would have people asking....well X, Y and Z got badges for their stories....why didn't I? It will happen. It's just human nature.

Sure, I understand that. However (others might not agree but), people who constantly harass - to put it bluntly - the Moderation around here make me cringe way more than I think "oh they must be the favourites around here".
    Things like sending 100 messages in 24 hours is going to encourage spamming which will get people reported.

Also true, but we do already have badges for posting X amount of comments, and I can think of a few people who have probably done some spamming to achieve them on here already, so it's nothing new.

I'm not personally attacking you or anyone in particular in this thread by the way, it's just frustrating sometimes when (clearly) the OP has gone to a lot of effort and then you just get people being negative about one thing when they could do some constructive criticism at the same time. :)
    edited May 2015
    No that's not all I took away from the list. However the Forum Police is a terrible idea. You'd have people tripping over each other running to the mods. People are already reporting people just for having a difference of opinion. Actually breaking the forum rules to the extent someone should be reported doesn't happen that often.

Just the obvious ones...........

If you want to have new badges it would be a good idea to sit down and think about the possible behaviors and consequences that could be involved.

I've taken out the forum police badge before it starts any arguments, and I've also taken out the 24 hour parameter for the 'Frequent Messenger badge' because I agree that would cause quite a few spamming issues.
    But disagree with what you said about the 'Issued by a Mod/Guru' badges, I don't think it would cause favouritism issues because the badges would be awarded to outstanding creators that have been sharing their creations with us for a long time - creators like RuthlessKK come to mind - not just anyone that uploads one of their creations. Also what I said before would avoid the issues of Mod favouritism:
    members can message a mod where they nominate a certain member for a badge. For example say someone was hosting a building competition and they received an entry that was particularly stunning, they could then send a message to a mod linking them to the building competition entry and say something like "This forum member has submitted such an amazing creation that I would like to nominate them for the 'Builder's badge'" and then the mod can review it and decide whether or not to award that member with a badge. It just makes it a little easier for mods to award the outstanding creators with badges.

Mods can't be accused of having favourites if the community are the ones nominating people for badges. :)

Sure, I understand that. However (others might not agree but), people who constantly harass - to put it bluntly - the Moderation around here make me cringe way more than I think "oh they must be the favourites around here".

Also true, but we do already have badges for posting X amount of comments, and I can think of a few people who have probably done some spamming to achieve them on here already, so it's nothing new.

I'm not personally attacking you or anyone in particular in this thread by the way, it's just frustrating sometimes when (clearly) the OP has gone to a lot of effort and then you just get people being negative about one thing when they could do some constructive criticism at the same time. :)

I'm not trying to be negative and I don't see negativity in my post. I'm playing devil's advocate to try and show potential problems some of these could cause. I'm for uniting the community and I can honestly see some of these would further the split.

Spamming in a forum (even though it's breaking that rule) is different than spamming 100 PMs in 24 hours...and I see the OP has already changed that so they must have realized the problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top