Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Complete Edition?

It seems like with the release of a new Sims generation, the previous one usually gets a "complete edition".
The Sims 3's CE would probably be...disgustingly large. Since most of the stuff won't be available for purchase in the future (store stuff, to be specific), would they put it into the CE? How would they even manage to get all of the data from ALLLL of the Sims 3 stuff into a single package? Could any computer actually smoothly run all of the Sims 3 content?

If this could be directed to a Guru, even as a hypothetical, I'd really appreciate it! I'd love to know how they'd manage to archive all of the store content so that it wouldn't be lost to time for all eternity when the Sims 3 stores inevitably go "poof".

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    We probably wouldn't get that till the end of TS4 life cycle (so sometime this year, jk). Ik people that run TS3 all ep, sp, store content, mods and cc with no trouble. Ik, hard to believe. ;)
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    How in the world do they do it, though?! I'd love to see their computer set ups. I have a pretty dang good computer that can run games that have come out really recently on high settings (Hello, Inquisition), but TS3 runs moderately well at best.

Do you think they may try optimizing it before sending it out? Perhaps even going so far as to patch a few things that have needed patching since the beginning of time?!
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    How in the world do they do it, though?! I'd love to see their computer set ups. I have a pretty dang good computer that can run games that have come out really recently on high settings (Hello, Inquisition), but TS3 runs moderately well at best.

Do you think they may try optimizing it before sending it out? Perhaps even going so far as to patch a few things that have needed patching since the beginning of time?!
    They didn't do it for TS2 UC so I don't think they'd do it for TS3 Complete Collection sadly. :/
    True...
    Then again, that game is pretty good as it is. I don't think it NEEDS anything patched, as far as I can tell. The game runs smoothly, I have few to no problems, and any issues with the game running on modern systems is easily fixed by tinkering with the config file. It holds up very well.
  • KarenKaren Posts: 29 Member
    I have thought about it, but it probably wont be here until the end of sims 4
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I've been wondering about this myself. I can't afford to get everything I want from the Sims 3 store just yet, but I know eventually they're going to close it (probably as soon as it cost more to run the store than the store makes). You would think everything in the store would be cheaper now that they've moved on to the Sims 4 but there are more deals, I guess...

If they do add everything into one Sims 3 Ultimate Collection, I agree they'd probably do it around the end of Sims 4. But a Sims 3 UC would make my year! I don't play 4 and I'm hoping/waiting for 5, so I'll be sticking with 3 for a while. It'd be nice to have a completed, properly fixed by EA Sims 3 with all EP, SP, and Store content.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    I've been wondering about this myself. I can't afford to get everything I want from the Sims 3 store just yet, but I know eventually they're going to close it (probably as soon as it cost more to run the store than the store makes). You would think everything in the store would be cheaper now that they've moved on to the Sims 4 but there are more deals, I guess...

If they do add everything into one Sims 3 Ultimate Collection, I agree they'd probably do it around the end of Sims 4. But a Sims 3 UC would make my year! I don't play 4 and I'm hoping/waiting for 5, so I'll be sticking with 3 for a while. It'd be nice to have a completed, properly fixed by EA Sims 3 with all EP, SP, and Store content.

I'd easily buy a Sims 3 UC if it meant that all of the games' content would be in one convenient installation. Heck, I'd be okay with all of the store stuff being a separate installation (so if you don't want your game bogged down, it doesn't have to be)!! It might even push the team to give it one last patch go-around. Something to clean up any messes left that they couldn't get while the game was still being made. PLUUUUS, since the store has stopped making new content, it'd be a lot easier to start archiving things now.

Just thinking about it makes me excited, haha.
  • wolfyin2itionwolfyin2ition Posts: 1 New Member
    Yah I came in late to the sims 3 and only have the starter bundle and some store stuff atm, so I would definitely be interested in a complete edition. I do hope they add the store stuff even if they make it a completely separate purchase as I would really hate to see all that stuff become unavailable.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'd be interested in getting just the store stuff in one pack/bundle. It's easy enough to get the game and it's other dlc. But sooner or later the store won't be available/accessible. And despite not actively playing the game currently myself, if I ever do get the interest in doing so, I wouldn't mind having everything. The collector in me wants it too. Wouldn't even be bothered to pay upwards of $40 if they wanna consider it an expansion or upgrade or whatever.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

As long as they can make more money selling it piece by piece ... They will keep it that way.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    As long as they can make more money selling it piece by piece ... They will keep it that way.

@BlackSand , Long time no see! EA is making globs off me, just threw $160.00 their way for simpoints....need anything in the store? :smiley: (I'm serious)
    @BlackSand , Long time no see! EA is making globs off me, just threw $160.00 their way for simpoints....need anything in the store? :smiley: (I'm serious)

Hey @Charlottesmom ... It's good to see you ... :)

I appreciate the offer, but I have more simpoints than stuff I want myself.
    There are a few things I don't have ... But they don't add enough to my style of gameplay to make them worthwhile.

There are a few new faces in the forums here though ... And some folks that are experimenting with Sims 3.
    I may just throw a few things their way if they stick around for a little while.

Thanks Again.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd be interested in getting just the store stuff in one pack/bundle. It's easy enough to get the game and it's other dlc. But sooner or later the store won't be available/accessible. And despite not actively playing the game currently myself, if I ever do get the interest in doing so, I wouldn't mind having everything. The collector in me wants it too. Wouldn't even be bothered to pay upwards of $40 if they wanna consider it an expansion or upgrade or whatever.
    Everytime I look at a Sims 3 picture it zaps any enthusiasm or interest I have in playing it. Maybe I would've appreciated it more at the time it came out but it doesn't appeal to me at all these days. That and I've heard too much about the issues with it to bother waiting 5-10 minutes for it to load, or needing mods, or busted routing/custom worlds, or deleting houseboats, or whatever else just to play it.

Having played Sims 1 for hours and hours, Sims 4 has everything I wanted and need from that experience. Sims 3 veers too far off for me to get into it. Might be interested in Sims 2 a bit but I don't have access to it.
    What happened :o ?

(the Store in one automatic bundle would be a bad idea by the way, because that would have way too much impact on the game)

5JZ57S6.png
    I have the game and all the packs available from Steam (I guess you can't get the Katy Perry one anymore unless you can find it on ebay or something). As I said, I'm not currently interested in it, and I may never even play it for all I know. But I like having the option to. And from what I heard, there are such things as restaurants and whatnot that are only in the store (are they in the packs anywhere else?).

By the time I ever get around playing the game, the store may or may not be open still. I'm kinda surprised it still is, tbh. But I doubt it will be by the time Sims 4's support is done. There are more and more diminishing returns for keeping it available as time goes on (especially since you and others have said you can get it for free anyway).

And I can't speak for the tech difficulties of how bad it'd be to have everything from the store, but I wouldn't be surprised. At least I'd want a pack of the unique stuff from it (not necessarily recolors or 'mimics' of stuff in the other packs or whatever). Or am I mistaken and the store is only made up of mimics/recolors?

I guess this is also important considering I've heard that the CASt or CAW programs (are they both outside the game?) broke with the latest patch or whatever too? Which would mean the stuff officially available is even more useful if it's harder to 'make your own'. Not that I'm one for CC anyway.

Anyhoo, I like having all the official content for games that I purchase. When it comes to Sims, it's even more important as I don't use mods or CC. So those are my thoughts anyways. Besides, you should be pleased. I'm offering my financial support to one of the games you like, lol.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    @TheGoodOldGamer - Just a suggestion, as your comments on this forum that I've noticed anyway are usually balanced and a bit better informed than that last one, but you might want to check facts before posting things like this. It's fine of course that you have no current interest in playing TS3, but I'm afraid the misinformation you may have heard elsewhere is not going to be helpful to others.

The TS3 store has original items and premium content that extend gameplay and goes far beyond recolors and restyled same old already in the game objects. Also, items that are strictly recolors in TS3 are not necessary because of CASt. Because of the premium items like restaurants, bakeries, roller coasters, farming sets, usable sports items, etc. and their appeal to players, I expect that the TS3 store has a very long way to go before being deemed unnecessary or too much of a bother to maintain vs. its return on investment. Remember, we don't have Game Packs in TS3 and the Stuff Packs we do have don't go nearly as far to extend play as they do in TS4; instead we have the store. And of course the store worlds and EPs.

The store is not available for free from any legitimate sources.

CAW is Create a World and is an external world design program. Patch 1.69 did break CAW initially but EA fixed that with separate 1.67 and 1.69 versions of CAW over a year ago. CAW's in-game world editor extension (EIG) remains fussy for some but not every player even uses CAW and its related EIG. I've never used it but expect to someday; custom world/map design is very complicated even for those who know what they are doing. CAP is Create a Pattern, another external tool that is not broken, but not everyone uses. CASt is Create a Style, is built into the game itself, and has never been broken.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    @TheGoodOldGamer - Just a suggestion, as your comments on this forum that I've noticed anyway are usually balanced and a bit better informed than that last one, but you might want to check facts before posting things like this. It's fine of course that you have no current interest in playing TS3, bit I'm afraid the misinformation you may have heard elsewhere is not going to be helpful to others.

The TS3 store has original items and premium content that extend gameplay and goes far beyond recolors and restyled same old already in the game objects. Also, items that are strictly recolors in TS3 are not necessary because of CASt. Because of the premium items like restaurants, bakeries, roller coasters, farming sets, usable sports items, etc. and their appeal to players, I expect that the TS3 store has a very long way to go before being deemed unnecessary or too much of a bother to maintain vs. its return on investment. Remember, we don't have Game Packs in TS3 and the Stuff Packs we do have don't go nearly as far to extend play as they do in TS4; instead we have the store. And of course the store worlds and EPs.

The store is not available for free from any legitimate sources.

CAW is Create a World and is an external world design program. Patch 1.69 did break CAW initially but EA fixed that with separate 1.67 and 1.69 versions of CAW over a year ago. CAW's in-game world editor extension (EIG) remains fussy for some but not every player even uses CAW and its related EIG. I've never used it but expect to someday; custom world/map design is very complicated even for those who know what they are doing. CAP is Create a Pattern, another external tool that is not broken, but not everyone uses. CASt is Create a Style, is built into the game itself, and has never been broken.

The bit I bolded is why I want a 'Store Pack' of some kind. I'd pay $10-40 to get all the 'premium' or new stuff in one thing that isn't in the other packs in some version already. :)

And by getting the store stuff for free, I've been told you can watch ads or something and get the points free to get the stuff, right? Everytime the prices come up for the store, people who enjoy the game are quick to point out they haven't paid for most of the stuff because they earned points somehow (through watching ads is what I've heard or whatever). I didn't mean to imply you could get the store stuff pirated (nor would I care to, lol).
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @TheGoodOldGamer , I've spent well over $500.00 on store items, got a good chunk on sale, don't have the patience to wait forever and click on ads, it takes quite awhile to get even one item free that way, it's not three clicks on ads or videos and you get a venue for free...wish it was! It would miff me if at the store closing EA announced that whomever wanted a complete store pack for $10.00 could get it. People have invested hundreds. No joke.

I have all the Sims 4 stuff released as of now and it the SPs don't even compare to even half of the store! The store is HUGE and has tons of stuff to keep you busy. Also none of the store items are recolors or available in other packs. You should check out the store if you haven't, it is extensive.
    edited April 2017
    The bit I bolded is why I want a 'Store Pack' of some kind. I'd pay $10-40 to get all the 'premium' or new stuff in one thing that isn't in the other packs in some version already.

And by getting the store stuff for free, I've been told you can watch ads or something and get the points free to get the stuff, right? Everytime the prices come up for the store, people who enjoy the game are quick to point out they haven't paid for most of the stuff because they earned points somehow (through watching ads is what I've heard or whatever). I didn't mean to imply you could get the store stuff pirated (nor would I care to, lol).
    I think you might be undervaluing the premium store content a bit, not to mention the more ordinary items and sets available. That would be the equivalent to a major warehouse full of game packs, not just one pack.

And thanks for the clarification. Yeah, the store ads are great but around 5-10 points (maybe around $0.05-0.10 US dollars, I mean pennies, per ad) at a time. It's a feature that is not guaranteed to be there. If the ads were in never-ending supply for all players in all countries and we all had infinite amounts of time on our hands, then yes in theory the store becomes "free" (minus the cost of time to collect all of those points) and we can further leverage the Daily Deals with the Complete Your Set store feature. In my case, I can go for years without even seeing any ads, then if I have the time to spend collecting them they return with a vengeance for a while, then they disappear again. Others have had a more steady supply of them, yet others never see them or only one or two per day. I would say I've gotten a couple of major 2,000 point sets plus a store world or so from the ad points, but not a significant percentage of what I have purchased and I only own around half of the store or maybe just over that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor If that's the case and there are thousands of items or something, then I'd pay for an expansion level type pack of 'the most popular/best selling' store stuff then. Or maybe a volume 1 and 2 sort of things in a couple packs, if there's quite a few of the really good stuff.

Point is, I'd rather just pay a reasonable fee for a decent bundle than bit by bit at the time the store closes. Especially since most of the content is nearly 10 years old (and in less than a couple years the base game definitely will be), and it could disappear forever as it's unlikely the store will stay open for as long as the game is still playable.

I mean, it's cool I guess if it never happens, but they'd get more money if they did provide a pack or two of store stuff as official packs on Steam/Origin/where-ever else they sell the game whenever they close up shop rather than it just disappearing forever (because then it really will be only available through pirating).
    edited April 2017
    Slight exaggeration on store content being nearly ten years old, most of it is more like five and the newest premium sets more like three. But point taken. It does seem that EA will have to do something with all of that content some day in the future especially if they are going to keep selling the game through Origin and other channels. But I expect that day is still a long way off.

The problem with collection packs is that they may alienate existing players who already have over 60% of volume 1, maybe 50% of volume 2, etc. or those who find themselves having to buy an entire volume just to get baby dragons or something. But I am sure EA's marketing department will sort all of that out and come up with a brilliant solution as always.

Erf sorry, I feel the Nausea moodlet coming on and will need to tend to that. That last sentence was too much for me, even though I was the one who typed it. >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I have the game and all the packs available from Steam (I guess you can't get the Katy Perry one anymore unless you can find it on ebay or something). As I said, I'm not currently interested in it, and I may never even play it for all I know. But I like having the option to. And from what I heard, there are such things as restaurants and whatnot that are only in the store (are they in the packs anywhere else?).

By the time I ever get around playing the game, the store may or may not be open still. I'm kinda surprised it still is, tbh. But I doubt it will be by the time Sims 4's support is done. There are more and more diminishing returns for keeping it available as time goes on (especially since you and others have said you can get it for free anyway).

And I can't speak for the tech difficulties of how bad it'd be to have everything from the store, but I wouldn't be surprised. At least I'd want a pack of the unique stuff from it (not necessarily recolors or 'mimics' of stuff in the other packs or whatever). Or am I mistaken and the store is only made up of mimics/recolors?

I guess this is also important considering I've heard that the CASt or CAW programs (are they both outside the game?) broke with the latest patch or whatever too? Which would mean the stuff officially available is even more useful if it's harder to 'make your own'. Not that I'm one for CC anyway.

Anyhoo, I like having all the official content for games that I purchase. When it comes to Sims, it's even more important as I don't use mods or CC. So those are my thoughts anyways. Besides, you should be pleased. I'm offering my financial support to one of the games you like, lol.

*Sigh* ... Looks like I am going to have to gas up the chainsaw
    for this special little critter.

Kinner%20077_zpsragulv1r.jpg

edited April 2017
    BlackSand wrote: »
    *Sigh* ... Looks like I am going to have to gas up the chainsaw
    for this special little critter.
    We've butted heads (figuratively) over this kind of thing before @BlackSand, but I still claim that restraints on comfy chairs and tickling with soft feathers is a more effective solution in most cases. There are some extreme exceptions but this wouldn't really be one of them; it's not a crime to be misinformed especially when one is willing to listen to reason. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017

It's just that the rather strong words you used there ('it zaps any enthusiasm or interest', 'it doesn't appeal to me at all these days', 'Sims 3 veers too far off for me to get into it') causes me to be surprised about this change of heart only a few days later. Indeed, pleasantly surprised ;)

A restaurant indeed came with the Store and there's an open restaurant that came with ITF (with plumbots for waiters). Not comparable to the way restaurants work in Sims 2 or 4 though. I have no idea how long the Store will be open. I can't imagine a lot of people still spending money there, because indeed you can get the items for free now by watching videos. I know there are people who do have the entire Store installed, but I doubt if that's a wise thing to do. Not just because of performance issues, but the categorizing system in Sims 3 is rather messy - and especially Store stuff is categorized in the weirdest places sometimes - and with all those items it would be a complete jungle I fear...

The latest patch did break CAW but they fixed that fortunately. CAST was never affected (it's an ingame feature).

ETA: concerning the adds, I've collected quite a lot that way, playing the videos in another tab while doing other things on Internet (like being on the forums ;)). I put a lot of money in that Store though (worlds came with the Store as well and they are rather pricey). The arguments you are referring to concern illegal actions like igazor points out and the adds. But like I said, I don't want everything in there. It's a store, like any regular store. I never buy out stores, I only buy what interests me ;)
    5JZ57S6.png