Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask to Pose!

tyubabird228tyubabird228 Posts: 90 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
A pretty simple idea as an add-on to the easel and cameras (and phone cameras, of course!) It would include two new NPCs - the Professional Photographer (great for weddings) and the Professional Painter/Portrait Artist (if you like a more traditional approach for formal portraits.)

Essentially your Sim can ask another Sim to pose for them by clicking on the easel/camera, then the area of floor/ground or chair or couch or wherever they want the pose to be, and selecting the desired Sim from a list of available Sims. (So yes, either sitting or standing.)

In the Camera mode you can use the number buttons to cycle through the various poses to get the desired effect.
Different poses would be Regal, Thoughtful, Confident (especially if you want to do a standing pose in front of a rocket or invention!), Playful, Neutral/Fine, Happy, or the couples-only Romantic option (gazing into each other's eyes, head on a shoulder, something like that.) Maybe also one like the "Most Interesting Man in the World"?

**NEW** The reason I say to link the poses to the number buttons is because I've noticed an issue with the Camera UI where it'll get stuck to the mouse, so I can't click any settings!
Maybe link the UI stuff to letters? Like using 'F' to cycle through the Filter settings? 'S' to change the picture size? 'O' to switch orientation? Heck, if they do that then maybe they should just use 'P' to cycle through the poses!

**NEW** Perhaps the ability to put more than two Sims in a picture? And the ability to put adults/teens/children in a picture together?

With the NPCs it would be clicking on them and having an interaction "Pose for Picture/Portrait."
This could also bring the ability to do group photos/portraits. (The Playful pose would make for great pictures with this! Also, you could do family pictures at birthday parties and weddings!)

I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to do this - at least not standing poses - because they could use the mannequins from Get to Work as the basis for it.

I recently got GTW & have been playing with the Photography skill and the studio set-up. Not impressed. We can't have family portraits. If the family has more than two children, you can't have them in a picture together. If a husband wants a picture of his wife and their child, that's also a nope because adults & children can't be in pictures together! This is unacceptable for where we are in technology. This can be done! This entire thing would make the Photography set so much more fleshed out and fun!

What do you guys think??
Post edited by tyubabird228 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Nothing? No comments? XD
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Here is one ;) : that's a great idea!

I just had a Sim starting photography today and of course he took pictures of the members of his household. And while sometimes it works fine when the family members are randomly posing, most of the time they were in quite an awkward posture - with their eyes closed too. So it took me many many takes. Choosing an appropriate pose would be great.

Same goes for the NPCs, I'd love that!

And I really miss portrait painting :(
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have been thinking this. The 'ask to pose' should be in the camera UI as well, not the dialog wheel. I like the addition of photography. I really hope they do something more with it.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    LibertycrystalLibertycrystal Posts: 37 Member
    Cool Idea! Then it would be so much easier to get a good picture in GTW.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the comments!

@MrGodard I've had similar issues when using the 'Paint by Reference' option with the easel, which is one of the things that sparked this idea. I'm just getting sick of fighting with my Sims to sit still and not look derpy when I'm trying to do their portrait!!

@ModerateOsprey That's a good point. They should also make the UI a little easier to understand/use. I had a lot of trouble with it when I tried it on my friend's copy of GTW. Couldn't figure it out to save my life! (The Sim had a maxed Photography skill too!!)

@Libertycrystal Preach! ;-)
  • Options
    Bump for edits.
  • Options
    _botwin__botwin_ Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2020
    DELETED
    Post edited by _botwin_ on
    Origin ID: AimBotwin
    Gallery Link
    Showcase Thread
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @_botwin_ Thank you. :)
    I feel the same way. I was using it a lot yesterday because I wanted to decorate the family's house with pictures of the kids and all that, so the husband spent the day taking pictures. I was very unimpressed.
    I wanted pictures of all three of the daughters; couldn't do it, could only do two at a time.
    I wanted pictures of the wife & the daughters, was willing to do one at a time; couldn't do it because you can't mix adults and children.
    The eldest daughter aged up to teen. Was going to do one of her with each younger sister; nope, because you can't mix "adults" and children. (She's a teen, man!!)
    I started getting very annoyed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2015
    A pretty simple idea as an add-on to the easel and cameras (and phone cameras, of course!) It would include two new NPCs - the Professional Photographer (great for weddings) and the Professional Painter/Portrait Artist (if you like a more traditional approach for formal portraits.)

Essentially your Sim can ask another Sim to pose for them by clicking on the easel/camera, then the area of floor/ground or chair or couch or wherever they want the pose to be, and selecting the desired Sim from a list of available Sims. (So yes, either sitting or standing.)

In the Camera mode you can use the number buttons to cycle through the various poses to get the desired effect.
    Different poses would be Regal, Thoughtful, Confident (especially if you want to do a standing pose in front of a rocket or invention!), Playful, Neutral/Fine, Happy, or the couples-only Romantic option (gazing into each other's eyes, head on a shoulder, something like that.) Maybe also one like the "Most Interesting Man in the World"?

**NEW** The reason I say to link the poses to the number buttons is because I've noticed an issue with the Camera UI where it'll get stuck to the mouse, so I can't click any settings!
    Maybe link the UI stuff to letters? Like using 'F' to cycle through the Filter settings? 'S' to change the picture size? 'O' to switch orientation? Heck, if they do that then maybe they should just use 'P' to cycle through the poses!

**NEW** Perhaps the ability to put more than two Sims in a picture? And the ability to put adults/teens/children in a picture together?

With the NPCs it would be clicking on them and having an interaction "Pose for Picture/Portrait."
    This could also bring the ability to do group photos/portraits. (The Playful pose would make for great pictures with this! Also, you could do family pictures at birthday parties and weddings!)

I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to do this - at least not standing poses - because they could use the mannequins from Get to Work as the basis for it.

I recently got GTW & have been playing with the Photography skill and the studio set-up. Not impressed. We can't have family portraits. If the family has more than two children, you can't have them in a picture together. If a husband wants a picture of his wife and their child, that's also a nope because adults & children can't be in pictures together! This is unacceptable for where we are in technology. This can be done! This entire thing would make the Photography set so much more fleshed out and fun!

What do you guys think??

Yes Yes Yes to all.

Also they should have some romantic poses thrown in like this one
    Screenshot-1248.jpg~original

Screenshot-1259.jpg~original

• Options
    @catloverplayer OMG. Dude. I am seriously honored that you commented on this. *happy tears*
  • Options
    @catloverplayer OMG. Dude. I am seriously honored that you commented on this. *happy tears*

Not only did I comment but I posted the link to Simguru Graham on twitter and asked him to pass it on to the developers.

• Options
    edited May 2015

Not only did I comment but I posted the link to Simguru Graham on twitter and asked him to pass it on to the developers.

And this is why you're awesome and, from what I've seen, a very respected member of the forums. Thank you!

Love those pictures too! They're great and perfect and just squee-worthy! :)
  • Options
    This thread fell to page 3.
  • Options
    Then we shall bump it!
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Spongebob_gif_9_by_smileyface102-d32rt5i.gif

I'll just leave this here. XD
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited November 2015
    I hope the gurus see this. It is a much much needed option.
    I wish if we get the ability to turn the screenshot we take in to pictures that can be hanged on the wall.

Posing is very important in all situations. It is needed for story telling and also for taking good pictures.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Agreed. :smiley: