Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens. UPDATE! After 2 years, one wish just came true! :)

Comments

• rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    How about preteens they good to

Preteens are other name for Tweens, I think Tweens is somewhat cooler, and match with the t for toddlers :smiley:
    Love it because, to be honest, I'm getting bored of the game. You can barely do anything with a baby or child, and teens to elders are not much different at all
    Yeah me too. I honestly think that sims developer team forgot the very core of sims game, which the ability to SIMulate and create options for the player. It is not "collecting" that keeps player engaged in a game. The game is called SIM. the ability to simulate your own set of goals in schools would mean hours of gameplay for the player. Multiple school choices plus a choice to have the kids homeschooled is a luxury called 'choice' for the player, that in itself another hours of experience and experiments.

The disappearance of toddlers, properly sized teens, social bunny, terraforming, etc (shown in the early teasers of sims4) is an 'insult' to the sims fans which maxis/EA can never undo. Sure they can just have them returned for free at one time, but that's predictable and would obviously receive a "meh, finally... after years of waiting" kind of reaction. So Maxis needs to develop fresh idea that compliments the return of these thrown ideas. One of them is of course never before seen schools and never before seen Tweens age group. We see many made up school scene in the trailer, popular teens (or Tweens, hopefully) abusing the geeks, etc. I think it's about time for maxis to develop school ideas as well as introducing new age group which compliments the list toddlers age group. I wouldn't mind paying for toddlers expansion pack if a new Tweens is included, actually I would happy to buy EP with that kind of consideration.

Sims game developer must present new fresh ideas complimenting the old returning idea in every expansion, game, and stuff packs. GTW is a very good start, we see a (somewhat) return of nostalgic OFB plus a complimentary new GTW mechanism. So I really hope a SimGuru would react and work on the idea of Back to School: return of toddlers and new Tweens age group.
  • derpyhooverderpyhoover Posts: 11 New Member
    I really like this idea and it would fill the gap that sims 4 left compared to ts3
  • sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    How about preteens they good to

Preteens are other name for Tweens, I think Tweens is somewhat cooler, and match with the t for toddlers :smiley:

I like both of the names.
  • BiggEsmilZBiggEsmilZ Posts: 12 New Member
    This is absolutely GENIUS!!!! University Life has ALWAYS been my fave EP and I really hope Maxis is paying attention to this!! Great ideas and PERFECT execution!
  • PhilaminaBPhilaminaB Posts: 64 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    I imagine a new EP titled Sims 4 Back to School.

This will introduce 2 new age groups: toddlers and tweens, completing the age group into 8: baby, toddler, child, tween, teen, y adult, adult, and elder.

New interaction specific to tweens and toddlers. Obviously the missing toddlers will have its original animation back such as 'teach to potty'. The tweens however has a new set of animations never seen before in Sims game (throw temper tantrum, and ability to play in child playground) and some classic one (return of the 'jumping on sofa and bed').

New furnitures for nursing purpose of toddlers obviously (return of the potty) and ability to create a nursing set, crates, diaper changing area, motor-building skills, all the cute stuffs. Also the ceiling fan, which activates new animation for tweens: hanging on the ceiling fan, just like the old Sims 2 trailer

New event, ability to join competition to gain extra performance skill: 'toddlers and tiaras' for the todds, and 'spelling bee' for the tweens

New lots (make use of GTW concept):, schools and ability to create your own school and syllabus!
    > Kindergarten for child
    > Middle School for tweens
    > 3 Type of School for teens depending on the performance of the tween age group in the Middle School: the normal school, somber military school for delinquent teens (return of sims2 obstacle course), or Eton-like prestigious school for the genius (ballet pole, harpsichord).
    > Ability to work on school syllabus, modifying set of goals for students to achieve high mark, among them is telescope-ing, microscope-ing, sports, social, all the fun school activities. simmer will spend tons of hour creating their own school.
    > Ability to home-school. Call your phone and select home school, and voila, no pesky call from school master.

New profession
    > School Education career complete with its own GTW experience. Education starts as Assistant, continue to Teacher (with its own teaching set of goals) and finally School Master.
    > Students (a profession in its own), sim will allocate time for study, recess, and study again; during which they will be able to listen teacher attentively or chitchat with other students. Exam will occur every semester (similar with University), and cheating is possible.

Return of university for the young adult
    obviously in separate EP, plus ability for gothic-themed magical university in other EP

What do you think guys? This will solve our itch for the ridiculous transition from the 'too short child' to 'too tall teen' and the request for toddlers. I hope Maxis will consider this and I would be grateful if everybody can bump this thread up so Maxis team will take notice of this :)

YEah, perhaps we have to pay for the toddlers, but the additions of tweens and schools make it worth. It will also be a huge increase in Sims sell

Perfect. You said it better than I ever could! I hope the team takes these suggestions on board.
    BiggEsmilZ wrote: »
    This is absolutely GENIUS!!!! University Life has ALWAYS been my fave EP and I really hope Maxis is paying attention to this!! Great ideas and PERFECT execution!

Great, help spread the idea so Maxis noticed this :D
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I will agree they can even make 50 $ dont care sorrY other simmer
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

BiggEsmilZ wrote: »
    Super!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm not going to hold my breath that this one will happen, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love the children in this game, and I'd love freshly animated and furnished active schoolplay for them. I'd be more interested in a high school than a middle school, because I don't feel a need for another life stage between child and teen, but I wouldn't sniff at it either!

edit:
    Now I've got school animation ideas running through my head - throwing things in class, playing tag and other recess games, writing on blackboards, sitting on the floor together for group projects, working lockers in the hallway, lining up to go into the school ... Add to that those blackboards, and projectors, and cafeteria tables and cafeteria service, and ...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited May 2015
    The more I think about it, the more I think I would actually prefer an EP that focus on school and education of the youngers rather than another University EP. It would fit with the whole theme of preparing the next generation, but with a new twist, and it would probably integrate better with the rest of the gameplay (rather than sending your teen to University and being in another world completely which tend to get boring after a while).
    I'm not going to hold my breath that this one will happen, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love the children in this game, and I'd love freshly animated and furnished active schoolplay for them. I'd be more interested in a high school than a middle school, because I don't feel a need for another life stage between child and teen, but I wouldn't sniff at it either!

edit:
    Now I've got school animation ideas running through my head - throwing things in class, playing tag and other recess games, writing on blackboards, sitting on the floor together for group projects, working lockers in the hallway, lining up to go into the school ... Add to that those blackboards, and projectors, and cafeteria tables and cafeteria service, and ...

Awesome! Spread this idea so Maxis would take notice
    Neia wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I think I would actually prefer an EP that focus on school and education of the youngers rather than another University EP. It would fit with the whole theme of preparing the next generation, but with a new twist, and it would probably integrate better with the rest of the gameplay (rather than sending your teen to University and being in another world completely which tend to get boring after a while).
    Good point
  • Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member
    Also something else I would like to see again was the daycare job again. I liked having my own daycare and teaching the children.
  • YummiemeYummieme Posts: 2 New Member
    These ideas are amazing!! I miss the little ones
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I like it. I would really like a generations type pack and this would fit into that too. I loved generations.
    We should stop referring into something that has passed. Creating new EP with school contents is kinda fresh, it would be exciting to wait for one.

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Really nice, I would being looking foward to that EP. I don't know if they will ever do something like that. They might make university pack in future though for young adults.
    giphy.gif

Really nice, I would being looking foward to that EP. I don't know if they will ever do something like that. They might make university pack in future though for young adults.

they should, it means they step back a bit in order to advance a mile with fresh idea. People will love it!
  • Player_GreenPlayer_Green Posts: 32 Member
    See EA! *This* is what we want! Would it kill you to read our suggestions and make something we want rather than something that clutters/breaks the game - again?
    Yassss! Such a good idea :)
    Thanks
  • NightheroNighthero Posts: 60 Member
    Good idea!
  • xxsarabearxx612xxsarabearxx612 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would die for an EP like this! Often times, I open up the game just to close out of it because I don't feel like playing. I've never been like that with any sims game, and I feel like a huge part of that is the fact that we don't have toddlers. I'm very much into the whole family aspect of the game, and all of my stories revolve around the family. If we got toddlers back AND added a whole new age group, holy crap I'd go nuts!
  • CaroliineeCaroliinee Posts: 15 Member
    Yes! I'd love preteens/teens to get like typical teenage problems: pimples, getting breasts for girls, a changing voice for boys, first period,...
    Caroliinee wrote: »
    Yes! I'd love preteens/teens to get like typical teenage problems: pimples, getting breasts for girls, a changing voice for boys, first period,...
    First period lol, Maxis should not shy away from this. ;D
  • blizatlily1qblizatlily1q Posts: 31 Member
    I would love it if this became a thing because honestly I am so sick of the EA expansion packs. Yes, I love what they add to the game, but it is so repetitive. But if they released these expansion packs but added a new twist to it, I would love that. EA needs to stop repeating the same ole same ole and add more, new ideas.