Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Misscow1P wrote: »
    @Aaronsims Darn! I figured out how to install custard so I should hopefully be able to solve this all tomorrow myself.
    That's great! If you use the exchange a lot you'll definitely find it helpful having custard. It's nice to be able to check your own uploads, but it's so great to be able to make sure something you're downloading from the exchange is clean, especially when it shows that the file contains broken/corrupted cc.
    Heledriel wrote: »
    Another thread I overlooked for to long apparently. What wonderful a wonderful idea and what wonderful creations from everyone. I definitely need to take a look at all the creations
    Thank you. :) This has been such a fun group of people and I've loved seeing all the creativity and care they've put into what they've made!
    Carmen0908 wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I entered a contest but this one is so unique and challenging :) I've been working on a household and will probably upload later today. All the entries so far are really good! :blush:
    So glad you're joining us! Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with. :)
  • Carmen0908Carmen0908 Posts: 2,721 Member
    Ok here goes. Getting the outfits to fit the theme was quite a challenge, I hope I understood what you were looking for :smile:

Entry Form:

Creator name: Carmen0908
    Creation title: The Sorensen household
    Category: Household
    Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8679314
    Description: Having enjoyed a long period of freedom and independence, sisters Erika and Hanne Sorensen have returned from university to look after their little sister Lena while their parents are on military duty. Head of the house Erika is bookish, introverted and sensible whilst Hanne is an spirited artist and a bit of a klutz. Lena's heart is simply set on the great outdoors. Despite their different personalities, the sisters get on like a house on fire.
    Pictures:
    tuxpi.com.1434153379_zpsrg2faoql.jpg

Everyday
    Screenshot-4626_zpslssrzzgj.jpg

Formal
    Screenshot-4578_zpsfx31nlt7.jpg

Outerwear
    Screenshot-4605_zpsmuxiqmxe.jpg

Sleepwear
    Screenshot-4551_zpsebp9po6i.jpg
    carmen4s.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @Carmen0908
    they wonderfull
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    The Sorenson family are very lovely! @Carmen0908 :) The background details of them are very nice! The clothing outfits that they are wearing suit the theme so well! The pictures that you have taken of them are so very nice! They way you have captured them and their expressive looks on their faces are very special and lovely. They would be a very nice household to play in the game. :)
  • EddessaEddessa Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you to all for the nice compliments and I LOVE all the entries! Great work all!
    Ok here goes. Getting the outfits to fit the theme was quite a challenge, I hope I understood what you were looking for :smile:

Entry Form:

Creator name: Carmen0908
    Creation title: The Sorensen household
    Category: Household
    Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8679314
    Description: Having enjoyed a long period of freedom and independence, sisters Erika and Hanne Sorensen have returned from university to look after their little sister Lena while their parents are on military duty. Head of the house Erika is bookish, introverted and sensible whilst Hanne is an spirited artist and a bit of a klutz. Lena's heart is simply set on the great outdoors. Despite their different personalities, the sisters get on like a house on fire.
    Thanks so much for your wonderful entry! It tested clean and I'm now off to check them out in game! :)

• Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    @Aaronsims http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8679376 CAP free finally! I couldn't find it at all in gameplay and nothing was different after I uninstalled the CAP, so I'm assuming it somehow got stuck to the build.
    @Carmen0908 Wow! The Sorenson sisters are beautiful! The patterns on their clothes are so perfect. I especially love their everyday outfits. It's so cute how they all have scarves or sashes. They look like they're having a lot of fun together :)
  • MermaidInWonderlanMermaidInWonderlan Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2015
    I feel very silly but can someone please help me upload to the exchange? I finally figured out how to share it from the game to my launcher screen, and then I pressed upload, but I don't see it on the exchange? I'm sure I'm missing like 5 steps here but I cannot figure it out! Thanks in advance from a Sims Exchange newbie.

Also I tried to double check everything but I do not have Custard so I did not check it there...
  • RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    I feel very silly but can someone please help me upload to the exchange? I finally figured out how to share it from the game to my launcher screen, and then I pressed upload, but I don't see it on the exchange? I'm sure I'm missing like 5 steps here but I cannot figure it out! Thanks in advance from a Sims Exchange newbie.

Also I tried to double check everything but I do not have Custard so I did not check it there...

After you push upload from your launcher and it successfully uploads there should be a green arrow to the right of your family/sim/lot/etc. After that you can go to your studio and find it there. That's what I do anyway. I'm not sure if there's another way...
  • RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone! The submissions are all looking really great! XD I'm so excited. Also, I'm still working on that house I mentioned. This is the kitchen and I must admit, I'm pretty proud of it actually.
    6hjcyv.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    The kitchen in your home looks very nice! @RaeNic :) The wall pattern is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the room! It looks nice how you have placed a variety of different dining seats around the table. The patterned floor rug adds to the nice look of the room. It looks very nice how you have a corner of cabinets. The ceiling candle lights look nice. The type of fridge suits the theme well.
    It is a very nice kitchen! :)
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ooh, what a beautiful family @Carmen0908! :blush:

It's lovely @RaeNic! :smiley: I have also different chairs around my kitchen table. Now there's too much of them, I haven't yet decided what fits the best :)
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    @Aaronsims I checked through the family and no one had any face-overlay. Ulrika has had custom eyes, and they're all CC I have in CAS, but she's not having them now. The make up was lock to be same on every outfit.

Here's a pic of the family in their sauna, because I like Ulrikas swimsuit so much :3 The swisuits were designed to fit on a beach or pool, and of course they wouldn't really wear them in sauna. Especially those jewellery, they would burn the skin :D
    Screenshot-8_zps8rx8loua.jpg
  • whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    Not sure if I'll make this one in time as I still have 5 ensuite bedrooms left to decorate and some landscaping. Maybe :smile:
    Loving the entries so far!
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member

If it's a house you're trying to upload, there are a couple items that will keep it from uploading if you have them in your build. It took me an entire day before I discovered that the green variegated vase was causing the problems - right about the same time, someone saw the vase in one of my pictures and pointed out that others had had an issue with it preventing things from uploading.

My guess (although I don't know for sure) would be that any of the items on the textures list (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/517663.page) could likely cause issues. The textures will only show up in your game if they load before the item with the texture - so I'd suspect that the texture itself probably causes other issues as well.
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
    edited June 2015
    Thanks @Teegers. I'm not sure that I'm having any issues doing it? Like, it might be uploaded fine I just don't know how to access it?

@RaeNic, next to the lot (it's a house) on my launcher, there is a little green arrow next to what looks like a piece of paper, and when I mouse over, it says uploaded. I feel like I'm asking such obvious questions but where do I go to find where it uploaded to? (This is obvs my first time uploading to the exchange... sorry guys...)
    PS, I love your kitchen!
    edited June 2015
    Thanks @Teegers. I'm not sure that I'm having any issues doing it? Like, it might be uploaded fine I just don't know how to access it?

@RaeNic, next to the lot (it's a house) on my launcher, there is a little green arrow next to what looks like a piece of paper, and when I mouse over, it says uploaded. I feel like I'm asking such obvious questions but where do I go to find where it uploaded to? (This is obvs my first time uploading to the exchange... sorry guys...)
    PS, I love your kitchen!

Sorry if this sounds silly but have you checked your "My Studio"? Creations sometimes don't show up on the main exchange for a while.
    Also, you could check the posts on your MyPage and there should be one saying that you uploaded your lot to the exchange, you can click on the link from there (it will be easier to find if you click to view "My Activity" only. :)

carmen4s.jpg
    Thank you everyone for the compliments, I had so much fun making this household :smile: I'm glad they checked out clean, with all the different patterns I worked with I was worried that I'd mindlessly included a CAP pattern somewhere :tongue:
    carmen4s.jpg
    @Carmen0908, I tried that last night (when I uploaded) and again this morning but I don't see anything. :(

Sorry for taking over this thread... hopefully this is helping someone else out too (or will when I/we figure this out!)
    @Carmen0908, I tried that last night (when I uploaded) and again this morning but I don't see anything. :(

Sorry for taking over this thread... hopefully this is helping someone else out too (or will when I/we figure this out!)

Oh, that's strange but the launcher is known to act weird. Maybe just try re-uploading if you haven't already and be sure you're logged in. Hope you manage to fix the problem :)
    carmen4s.jpg
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited June 2015

Oh, that's strange but the launcher is known to act weird. Maybe just try re-uploading if you haven't already and be sure you're logged in. Hope you manage to fix the problem :)
    Don't think I've had any problems uploading lots though as @Teegers says there are a few items that are known to cause problems - as I recall some of the Tiki décor items can be troublesome.

The only time I had real difficulties was when I created a Sim and gave him a full complement of outfits (3 of each type) - the Exchange wouldn't accept it until I cut it down to just one outfit in each class! :(

More usefully, have you tried logging out altogether, from the TS3 site, and the Launcher? Closing everything down, start again and login afresh - sometimes the site has trouble updating if you keep yourself always logged in.

Good luck!
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
    edited June 2015
    yeah, I was going to suggest the same thing as teegers and ajaxpost. The textures that come with some store items can sometimes cause issues with uploading, as well as the vase that teegers mentioned. Maybe try what ajax suggested and log out and back in, and then try uploading a test lot. just make a quick little lot or sim and make sure you only use base game items. It doesn't have to be fancy and you can go back and delete it later, just something to see if you're able to upload it. If it works then you know it's something wrong with your contest lot. sorry you're having issues @MermaidInWonderlan