Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    edited June 2015
    Oh no! Did it show you where the patterns are? I removed the lot from the exchange for now. I'm hoping the pattern wasn't on one of the outfits....that'd take so long to get through!
    @Okester I love your carousel!
  • AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    yes they are... but they called both in old stories.... well they called havfruer at tiem in moderen books and that = mermaid
    I've said this many times, but I am really loving how much I've learned from running this contest. I've been having as much fun just talking with you guys and learning as I have playing the game and seeing everyone's entries.
    okester wrote: »
    Sneak peek! Just finished recoloring this bad boy (and I accidentally created an optical illusion with the wall and floor xD )! Definitely keeping this lot, though I might work on my abandoned one after the contest just for fun ^_^ PS, the idea for this lot is inspired by a certain Midnight Hollow lot *wink wink* ;)
    Midnight Hollow has such a beautiful design, doesn't it? The house I'm working on right now is a make-over of a MH house (I got that idea from @anettesb ) I'm looking forward to seeing you've come up with!

Misscow1P wrote: »
    Oh no! Did it show you where the patterns are?
    No, the way custard works is it shows a list of all cc and cap that are in the file, it doesn't have a picture or anything.
    I have finally the family ready waiting for uploading! Jeij! :blush: I just need to take some picures. My house is nowhere near done and the time is running out, but I have no longer any World to win, so I though I could just play along to the end of this contest and post my buildings just for fun :)

I have a few questions again. If my sims have jewellery from the Prism Art Studio Venue, how do they show in the Exchange? And does the Family Inventory come along with them?
    I'm very glad you've completed a family and I look forward to seeing them. I'll send you speedy creative vibes so you can complete your entries! :) Unfortunately I'm fairly new to uploading things to the exchange, so I don't really know the answers to your questions. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

edited June 2015
    Ok, here is my first of three Sims inspired by our Nordic ladies. I've named her Nettie Sølberg and she's from Denmark. Her everyday outfit is based on one by Swedish designer Gudrun Sjoden. Her formal wear is based on a picture @anettesb shared with us of traditional folk wear from Læsø, Denmark, and some other research I did. It's FAR from perfect and is more my interpretation of the style. To be really be correct the sleeve puff should be black like the rest of the jacket, but I thought the underskirt (which should be an apron but you have to work with what you've got in the Sims) looked better with the same fabric repeated in the jacket. The headscarf is of course all wrong, but it was the best option I saw. I hope you like her!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8677634#

Here is one of my inspiration pics, and you can see the one anettesb shared on the first page of the contest. RC12165Laesoe1.jpg

edit: I forgot that the exchange slide show doesn't show their winter outfits. I'll try to take a shot in game later tonight when I get home from work.
    Post edited by Aaronsims on
    @Silvakristiina it should show up fine. Usually it just shows up as "add to cart" if you don't own it. Someone will need to own all of prism art studio to download it though
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Nettie is beautiful! I love her outfits, and I think they give a great example of the theme you're going for :)
    Nettie is beautiful! I love her outfits, and I think they give a great example of the theme you're going for :)
    Thank you. :) I did one for the Netherlands as well, but I think it's best not to share her until either you've posted your entry or the contest is over in case you do something similar. I wouldn't want people to think you copied it.

Aaronsims wrote: »
    Thank you. :) I did one for the Netherlands as well, but I think it's best not to share her until either you've posted your entry or the contest is over in case you do something similar. I wouldn't want people to think you copied it.

Alright, I understand. I'm looking forward to seeing her once the contest is over :blush:
    Alright, I understand. I'm looking forward to seeing her once the contest is over :blush:
    Does that mean we won't be seeing an entry from you? :'(
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    Does that mean we won't be seeing an entry from you? :'(

Nooo! You will definitely see an entry from me - I'm working on both a household and their home. ;) I'm just the kind of person that turns everything in last minute, so I might take a couple more days :D
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @Aaronsims Nettie is wonderfull, I could see my self in her clothes... funny enough her everyday top I used that on 1 of my early simself....

the figurin you got is more of an every day figur...

I rec'ed and faved Nettie (I could easy see a little lady on Læsø being named/nicknamed that)

it is defently fun how much we learn of difrent things when we share ... and contests tendt to inspire talk abotu difrent things.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Nettie is very nice! :) Her outfits look very nice and reflect the style well. Her traits are very nice.
    She is a very nice sim. :)
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    roof_zpsv3jkwurj.png

In the first picture there's the floor that shows under the wall. It's ugly, but you can recolor it underneath and make it visible, if you like to take pictures. In the second there's no floor and it looks okay, but show only sky when you look up on the first floor.

I have solved the problem! :D Or not actally this one, but now I'm fine with it. The floors under the walls are recolorable! I didn't even thought about that, now I just hoovered over them and noticed they got that white glow... Oh, I feel dum :mrgreen: But now I'm very happy! There is that one thing still though, you can only have one colour per floor (meaning all floors on the same floor), so I did leave the roof in the picture without it because I need to use that colour to somewhere better... :wink:
    Just some sneak a peaks of my WIP:
    Screenshot-6_zps4khzpasp.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpsai1hwxvs.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zpsu72zvc7c.jpg
    @Silvakristiina
    oh looks nice

I'm fighting to get a floor recolored like you it refuse to let me transfer a wal covering... might try just recolor it not transfere...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    @Aaronsims After work I'll uninstall my CAP and see if that helps me find the problem areas.
    I love Nettie! Her formalwear is especially beautiful. That's my favorite shade of green.
    @Silvakristiina I love your WIP! Is that a treehouse in the back? That brings me back to some childhood memories :)
    Misscow1P wrote: »
    @Aaronsims After work I'll uninstall my CAP and see if that helps me find the problem areas.
    I love Nettie! Her formalwear is especially beautiful. That's my favorite shade of green.
    @Silvakristiina I love your WIP! Is that a treehouse in the back? That brings me back to some childhood memories :)

me think the house on a culum is a duck/chicken/goose (or similar bird) house

I also love that shade of green....

Your WIP is looking very nice ! @Silvakristiina :) The log texture of the exteriors looks very nice! Very nice exteriors of the buildings. The type of windows that you have used in the first picture looks very nice. The raised house in the second photo is great! Very nice porch in the third picture. The hut with the logs in it looks nice.
    It is looking great! :)
    Just some sneak a peaks of my WIP: ]

Looks great so far, and it seems to have some nice authentic details. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing! :)

• LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    okester wrote: »
    Sneak peek! Just finished recoloring this bad boy (and I accidentally created an optical illusion with the wall and floor xD )! Definitely keeping this lot, though I might work on my abandoned one after the contest just for fun ^_^ PS, the idea for this lot is inspired by a certain Midnight Hollow lot *wink wink* ;)

Screenshot_zpspraosaap.jpg

That looks really cool!! Can't wait to see the finished project! Should fit in nicely with the ones I am looking for in my contest as well!

To all that have posted entries - they look great! Lots of really nice ideas for that world.
    @Aaronsims I edited my post with the new link. I found the CAP patterns in some of the outfits.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8678026
    Thank you @anettesb, @Misscow1P, @rosemow and @Aaronsims! I was ment to explan them a little, but apparently I was already so tired I said nothing. Maybe I should leave you guessing? :wink:

I was boring and went with realistic farmyard. I love granaries, they're so romantic! They are called "aitta" in Finnish and they were often build on top of big rocks to prevent decaying by keeping the granary dry. Some of them, "luhtiaitta", had a small upper floor for sleeping in the summer. There were small holes for cats to sneak in to hunt mice eating the grain. They didn't have windows, so the ones in my building are added to it later and that's why they look a bit off from the style :wink: This is where I coloured the floors visible from the sides below the walls. I love it! :blush: I hope I have a chance to sleep in one like it this summer.
    If you want to look more of them real life, take a look at this and maybe click the suggestions Google offers you. You can see a one picture of the next "aitta style" too.

The little cabin on top of the pole is called "niliaitta". It was build to storage food so that animals wouldn't get in but they were build further away from the houses, so this one just have been moved to the yard from somewhere else. Unfortunately mine doesn't have a door, I just couldn't build it any way :smiley: I had the chicken coop under it, but ducks would be perfect waddling underneath it! The best English translation I found would be "a bear catche". I haven't seen that long grass on buildings roofs so many times, but that's what I could work with Sims. The other building will be a garden shed.

In my last picture there's a sauna, a gamme and a woodshed. I'm not happy with the last one, might be taking that off. I really like the sauna, it's something I could imagine to any summer house's yard in here, and the interior too. The sauna in Sims 3 is... Well, that doesn't really fit in :D It has nothing to do with the sauna I know, except there's some sort of heater, steam and a bench.

A gamme, "kammi", is a room build in a hillock that could be used to sleeping or to store foods in cold. In the summer they were kept cold with huge blocks of ice covered with hay.

I just noticed that I speak in imperfect of a time that I really don't know when it was! Well, we don't live in gammes or store food with ice anymore, as you can guess, but I think it has been this way less than hundred years. Shall we say I'm talking about atleast 19'th Century then? :)
    It was very nice reading about your WIP build @Silvakristiina :) It was interesting learning new things. Thankyou for sharing about and explaining about the parts of your build. :)