Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Sooo... I've decided to go in a totally different direction... Again xD I know there are 5 days left, but I work well under pressure ;)
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    okester wrote: »
    Sooo... I've decided to go in a totally different direction... Again xD I know there are 5 days left, but I work well under pressure ;)
    Oh dear. Ha ha. I can relate! I've been working on a house for a while that I'm hoping to share before the contest ends. I had done the downstairs and was happy with it. Then I did the bedrooms upstairs and they turned out much more formal than the downstairs but I liked them, so I started over on the downstairs. For the life of me I can not find inspiration for the foyer or the study. Like @gnlovew said about her farmhouse... I just want it DONE! :smiley:

I also created three sims whose formal wear is inspired by the traditional folk wear that our resident Scandinavians shared with us, and then the sims are VERY loosely inspired by the girls themselves. Now I'm feeling shy about sharing them because I'm nervous that the people being depicted will take offense... Hmmm. :neutral:

I hope everyone's work is going well. It's been a while since I've done any gifting here, so if there are any items you feel will help with your creations let me know and I'll try to get them for you!

Happy simming everyone!

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    oh that sounds interesting @Aaronsims I would love to see my sim self in the Laesoes folk wear.... (the black dress) if I'm 1 of the persons.... :blush:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    When I get around to making my Sim(s), I think I'll do something inspired by the folklore, but I don't just want to make a troll or an elf or something... Suggestions?
    @okester
    hmm how about .... do @Aaronsims play with super naturals?
    if so we have many myths about a fisher man catching a mermaid, by takeing her skin when she is on land, and some how she fall in love with him and marry him, as long as she dosnt' find her skin or have to much to do with the sea she stay. But he have to keep the skin--- most the time she find the skin and is gone for ever leaving him with the kids.

you could also look at the nordic mythology and make Thor with his wife and kids.... or other housholds of gods.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • EddessaEddessa Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you all for the compliments all! I'm so glad you like it :) xo
    anettesb wrote: »
    oh that sounds interesting @Aaronsims I would love to see my sim self in the Laesoes folk wear.... (the black dress) if I'm 1 of the persons.... :blush:
    Ok, I'll post her tonight when I get home. :blush: Just be forewarned, the hair is similar to your avatar but I didn't even try with the face (I'm terrible at trying to make sims look like specific people). It's more of an inspiration than a copy.
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    @Aaronsims, if your going to make me too, I would like a pink horn to match my hoofs... :wink:

No I'm not really Scandinavian, just Nordic. Nor a unicorn... :neutral:
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    Ok, I'll post her tonight when I get home. :blush: Just be forewarned, the hair is similar to your avatar but I didn't even try with the face (I'm terrible at trying to make sims look like specific people). It's more of an inspiration than a copy.

im not Good ar makeing sims look as a real person either = my avi is already an interpretation of me :wink::lol:
    At the point i made her my hair was color red, now it is more blond and no bange, but still long ...... but I keep my avi
    So no worries if she don't look like me, that reminding me i still need sims i my HS i love to have some you create, Maybe your sim self.
    @Aaronsims, if your going to make me too, I would like a pink horn to match my hoofs... :wink:

No I'm not really Scandinavian, just Nordic. Nor a unicorn... :neutral:
    I always forget that Finland isn't considered part of Scandinavia. Shall we say Nordic then? I think that's more all encompassing.
    Okay :wink: Are @Aaronsims really going to make me too? With my avatar being stuffed unicorn toy? :D
    @okester
    if so we have many myths about a fisher man catching a mermaid, by takeing her skin when she is on land, and some how she fall in love with him and marry him, as long as she dosnt' find her skin or have to much to do with the sea she stay. But he have to keep the skin--- most the time she find the skin and is gone for ever leaving him with the kids.

you could also look at the nordic mythology and make Thor with his wife and kids.... or other housholds of gods.

I'm thinking of making a handsome Nökken (as a vampire, though he'll have to play guitar because I don't have the violin from the Store xD )
    Or a cute, little, old Nisser couple (probably witches so they can have magical powers ;p )
    My lot name is in Swedish ( I used Google Translate of course, because I can barely speak my native English xD ). Is that an acceptable language for this contest?
    okester wrote: »
    My lot name is in Swedish ( I used Google Translate of course, because I can barely speak my native English xD ). Is that an acceptable language for this contest?

I'm sorry, we're only using bokmål in this contest, which is the written language of Norway.... Just Kidding! ;) Swedish names are totally great! Thanks for checking.

Speaking of bokmål, I just started learning norwegian. I've gotten so into learning about my heritage from doing this contest that I decided I wanted to learn the language. It's definitely going to be a challenge. :blush:

edited June 2015
    @okester

Interesting, that sounds like selkies, which I've maybe incorrectly always associated with Ireland. Are your mermaids seals that become women on land like in the selkie story? I've always liked that version of the mermaid myth.

I wasn't originally planning on having the other supernatural types, but there is such a rich folklore over there that now I'm reconsidering...
  • Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    edited June 2015
    @RaeNic I had that career outfit glitch before mods. I don't ever have any issues unless I actually try to edit the premature career outfit, though.
    @Aaronsims Can you put the Granstrom Library in Just for Fun and this in Commercial Lots? I keep going back and forth, but I think I like this one more :smile:

Creator name: Misscow1P
    Creation title: Judith's Family Department Store
    Category: Commercial Lots
    Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8679376
    Description: Judith's Family is a department store. The first floor contains many different outfits to choose from (at least one per category for each age and gender), as well as light decor for your home. The second floor is a children's store and even contains a toy machine if your sim isn't already satisfied with the available merchandise. There is a pet store as well as a bathroom on the third floor. If you wish for your sim to own this lot, change the lot type from Market to Consignment Store. Some of the items on the first floor may be hard to access if bought from rugs or shelves. If you have that issue, your sim can easily buy any item from the register.
    Pictures:
    judithoutdoor2.jpg
    Exterior
    judithclothes.jpg
    Clothing Store
    judithbaby.jpg
    Children's Store
    judithpet3.jpg
    Pet Store
    judithbathroom.jpg
    Bathroom
    Post edited by Misscow1P on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Judith's Family is a very nice department store! @Misscow1P :) Very nice exterior of the building! The red and green colour scheme and the patterning on the exterior looks so nice! It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the trees around the edges of the buiding. The flower terrain plant look pretty at the entrance corners of the store. The layout of the store is very nice! It looks very nice how you have set up the different levels of the store! Very nice clothing store level! The pattern on the wall is very nice, and it looks nice how you have set up the mannequins. It is nice that you have a children's section where sims can buy items for children to have in their home. The floral pattern on the wall in the pet shop looks pretty! The cat picture is a nice animal touch on the wall near the register. The wall pattern in the bathroom is nice. The rose on the bathroom sink is nice for sims to see when using the sink.
    The build suits Aurora Skies well! Sims will enjoy visiting your store! :)
  • Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    Thank you @rosemow! This is my first build in Aurora Skies instead of a different world. It definitely helps to be building in the place you're building for.
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    @okester

Interesting, that sounds like selkies, which I've maybe incorrectly always associated with Ireland. Are your mermaids seals that become women on land like in the selkie story? I've always liked that version of the mermaid myth.

I wasn't originally planning on having the other supernatural types, but there is such a rich folklore over there that now I'm reconsidering...

yes they are... but they called both in old stories.... well they called havfruer at tiem in moderen books and that = mermaid
    Sneak peek! Just finished recoloring this bad boy (and I accidentally created an optical illusion with the wall and floor xD )! Definitely keeping this lot, though I might work on my abandoned one after the contest just for fun ^_^ PS, the idea for this lot is inspired by a certain Midnight Hollow lot *wink wink* ;)

Screenshot_zpspraosaap.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your WIP is looking very nice! @okester :) The carousel looks so very great! Very nice design of itM The pattern on the floor looks very nice! The roofing fencing looks very nice! Very nice colouring of the carousel!
    The build is looking great! :)
    edited June 2015
    I have finally the family ready waiting for uploading! Jeij! :blush: I just need to take some picures. My house is nowhere near done and the time is running out, but I have no longer any World to win, so I though I could just play along to the end of this contest and post my buildings just for fun :)

I have a few questions again. If my sims have jewellery from the Prism Art Studio Venue, how do they show in the Exchange? And does the Family Inventory come along with them?

@okester, that looks good! :wink:
    Misscow1P wrote: »
    @RaeNic I had that career outfit glitch before mods. I don't ever have any issues unless I actually try to edit the premature career outfit, though.
    @Aaronsims Can you put the Granstrom Library in Just for Fun and this in Commercial Lots? I keep going back and forth, but I think I like this one more :smile:
    Judith's Family Department Store is a very fun lot. Unfortunately custard shows that it has two custom patterns. If you're able to remove them and resubmit your entry before the deadline I will add it to the main contest section, but for now will leave the library in the contest. Hope it's not too much trouble! I really appreciate how active you've been in this contest!