Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic options gone

In the game I am currently playing, all the romantic interactions for my married couple have disappeared except for 'take a romantic photo together'. Their relationship bar is maxed out. I use mods, a couple of which don't seem to be working properly (NoCD and nobuildsparkles) but all the others are fine. This is the first time I've tried to get them to interact romantically since installing theta me on a new computer. Can anyone help me out and tell me how I might fix this?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Do you use any of the NRaas Mods? If you do, you need to reset them. I remember a while back I had accidently did something, but don't remember what it was. After resetting the mods, I was able to have my couples do romantic interactions again.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You might need to MC reset the glitched sims who can't interact like I did once when one became unselectable.It fixed the issues I was having.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The most likely candidate is a setting on that mod we aren't supposed to discuss here. I've suggested a fix by PM and am waiting to hear back if that helped. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Do you use any of the NRaas Mods? If you do, you need to reset them. I remember a while back I had accidently did something, but don't remember what it was. After resetting the mods, I was able to have my couples do romantic interactions again.

I use a fair amount of Nraas mods :). I don't know how to reset them, all I know is how to take them out of the folder and put them back again!

@TadOlson: thank you for the suggestion. That was certainly on my list to try (once I figured out how to do that!). Fortunately, @igazor's suggestion helped.

@igazor - yes, your suggestion did the trick. I followed the instructions and now my sims can interact romantically again :). What effect that has on the town, I don't know, but at least everything is working again. And I took out NoCD, so now my mods are showing up at the Main Menu like they should be.
  • Options
    Each of the NRaas mods that has more than just a few settings has a reset function on Town Hall or an in-game computer so that, if you get into trouble or just want a fresh start with all of its options, you can get there in one click. Taking the mods out and putting them back in again doesn't alter the settings because those are stored in the game save file, not in the mods themselves. Usually it's something like NRaas > (name of mod) > Settings > Reset Settings.

Resetting a sim is different. That's an MC function that does a deeper reset than the testingcheatsenabled resetsim does. NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Reset Sim. You can also reset an entire town all at once from the MC > Town menu.

But likely none of those would have helped here. Glad I was able to assist and that you got that working again. The impact on your town probably won't be much, if it's even noticeable. :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    bludsyn313bludsyn313 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey Igazor would it be possible for you to pm me the fix too. I just ran into the same issue with a married couple I have.
  • Options
    bludsyn313 wrote: »
    hey Igazor would it be possible for you to pm me the fix too. I just ran into the same issue with a married couple I have.
    Done, but in the future it's really better to ask these questions at NRaas. It's kind of what we are there for. :)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox (free registration required to post)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    jetjet Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not sure if anyone would read this considering that I'm about 2 years late but I'm trying to find a solution to this problem and, igazor, I think your solution is my last hope. If you could please pm me the fix I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
  • Options
    jet wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone would read this considering that I'm about 2 years late but I'm trying to find a solution to this problem and, igazor, I think your solution is my last hope. If you could please pm me the fix I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    Replied by PM. But honestly, I wouldn't have been your "last hope" if the issue is the same one between two NRaas mods that sometimes act up. We're still there at NRaas, providing support for those who seek it. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    vanillekissvanillekiss Posts: 1 New Member
    so I know I'm super late to the party, but I just starting replaying sims recently .

@igazor... I tried looking at chatterbox, and I'm having this similar issue and dont know how to resolve it! I have a couple that is going steady but will not have any romantic interactions.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @vanillekiss - I'm sorry to sound so cranky and I don't mean to take it out on you personally, but this is getting old (this is by no means the only thread where this question keeps coming up). We provide support for NRaas mods at NRaas. Free membership is required to post, but it was then and still is today what we are there for.

(sighs) Sending a PM since we can't discuss the mod in question on this forum under EA's rules.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!