New update for The Sims Freeplay. Movie Star ---out now! Read more
It's Patch Day for The Sims 4, check out what content and fixes were added by viewing the patch notes here.
Check out what changes will be coming to the forums soon: READ MORE

ASK A GURU - TUESDAY APRIL 28, 11AM - NOON PST - NOW CLOSED

Comments

• SimGuruCoopSimGuruCoop Posts: 63 SimGuru
    Scobre wrote: »
    Why can’t female aliens get males pregnant via try for baby anymore?

Why can’t there be more than one Pollination Technician getting Sims pregnant to prevent incest from occurring?

I can't answer the first question without breaking some forum decency rules, but let's just say there's a scientific reason for that.

As for your second question, the team working on improving that - if you have any examples of this bug, please post them in the bugs thread and I'll make sure the team gets all the info they need.
  • Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 239 Member
    Hello Guru's! :)

I have a couple of questions.

1. Whats your favorite job in Get to Work?
    2. Could you give us a secret feature in the Sims 4 that all of the simmers not aware off? ;)

Feedback --> I would like to have more neighbours

Thanks Guru's for this amazing game! :smiley:
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 4,974 Member

Quite a few players are upset because the possibility of alien abduction has been lowered. I've seen quite a few

posts by players who said they bought GTW for the aliens and now feel they did not get what they bought.

Is there some reason that some actions in TS4 are not tied to the use of an object? Examples are in TS2

abduction was triggered by the use of a certain telescope or in TS3 if you Sim carried a death flower they

could not die.

At launch the rate for abduction was tuned higher than desired. Lowering the rate of abduction was to make sure that alien abduction was not so intrusive. With that said, if you want to increase the chances of alien abduction you can use the satellite dish invention to boost the chances of abduction.

Unacceptable. Why could the unhappy people not be told to use the satellite dish to prevent abduction? What if we do not want to be on the scientist track? What if we do not want to unlock all the career rewards just to get that one locked item?
  • RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,328 Member
    1. Do gurus work on different projects or do you all work on creating the same things at same time?

2. Who decides on what Expansion Packs come out? Like for example who chooses what type of EP it will be?

3. Tell us a Sims 4 secret?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 12,628 Member

Quite a few players are upset because the possibility of alien abduction has been lowered. I've seen quite a few

posts by players who said they bought GTW for the aliens and now feel they did not get what they bought.

Is there some reason that some actions in TS4 are not tied to the use of an object? Examples are in TS2

abduction was triggered by the use of a certain telescope or in TS3 if you Sim carried a death flower they

could not die.

At launch the rate for abduction was tuned higher than desired. Lowering the rate of abduction was to make sure that alien abduction was not so intrusive. With that said, if you want to increase the chances of alien abduction you can use the satellite dish invention to boost the chances of abduction.

What if you have done all the things that are suggested to do to increase the rate and you still have not been abducted.....ever?

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,757 Member
    i have a question about how the game manages to send you friends to your home, this aways was a annoyance when you start to get a army of sims come to your house knoncking your door, every 30 sim minutes if you don't open, you can tune down this, i know som players love to have many friends, but this must be something "optional" not something forced, i really believe none of the gurus have friends or families like that which goes to they house every freak second, because they don't like to stay in they homes or just walk around, we can have a tone down on that??, instead of have a army, have days which none come or days which come 1 or 2 and very very rare(like weekends) where come more, or something more "natural and real", than just a army of peoples which just because i rised a little my friendship with then they now want to make my house they new house???
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

1. I was wondering- Who will be answering questions today?
    and
    2. How long do we wait before we know our questions won't be answered?
    Does any SimGuru come back to these after they're closed and answer any questions and for how long after do you all check on these?

SimGuruSteph, SimGuruRomeo, and SimGuruDaniel will be here for the hour. SimGuruGraham might drop in to answer a question or two, too.

And yes, they do sometimes come in and answer them after the session is formally over.
  • mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
    My questions are about bakery items:

1. How is the warming rack supposed to work? Are customers supposed to be able to just take items from it for free? They do that in my game so I'm unsure how to use it.
    2. The same question for the Lice freezer. What can be sold from it? Customers don't seem to ever buy baked goods from it. Do we need to first mark them for sale? Is it only for selling garden items?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 1,407 Member
    Recently, I sent my teen to a retail store owned by another of my sims to get a new outfit. She swiped the outfit off the mannequin and was charged for it but did not change into it and it doesn't show up in CAS.

I've not had any other trouble with the mannequins -- my adult and children sims are able to buy clothing, as are the sims not under my control.

I don't have any other problems with GTW, so I'm wondering if this is an oversight rather than a bug. Are teens supposed to be able to buy clothing? Or will we need teen mannequins for that to be possible?

Like other people, I'd like to have abductions and pregnancies return. I haven't had one happen yet, although one of my sims did marry an alien. I do like the way they glow.
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have a question and the Gurus may not be able to answer it. But here goes.

The team had the formula for what would have made a great Sims 4, give us Sims 2 with all it's amazing interactions, animations, humor, and overall charm and gameplay with Sims 3 open world and story progression (both improved), and the customization Sims 3 had. Why didn't the team do this?

If you can't answer that, that is fine, but I was curious if it is possible for the Gurus to go back and take the code and animations they used for Sims 2 and 3 and just use that for Sims 4 or future Sims games? I feel like it would save the team a lot of time, and not many people would complain about the return of Sims 2 animations.
    Post edited by dmel25 on
    Whenever I put a rug or anything next to my fire place and turn it on it always causes a fire. Is this how it's meant to be or just my unlucky sims? >:)

Why can’t there be more than one Pollination Technician getting Sims pregnant to prevent incest from occurring?

I can't answer the first question without breaking some forum decency rules, but let's just say there's a scientific reason for that.

As for your second question, the team working on improving that - if you have any examples of this bug, please post them in the bugs thread and I'll make sure the team gets all the info they need.

A scientific reason? Really? This is make believe. Since when did science rule game decisions? Some people LIKED that option.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 15,205 Member

LOL, but I thought it was a cool new feature the game was going to have. If females can get males pregnant in Star Trek, it would have been cool to have kept it.

Ok I asked that on behalf of another Simmer and I'll let him know to report it there.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 5,002 Member

could not die.

The satellite is annoying though because my sims keep getting abducted with that. I want a day they aren't and I have aliens in the household and they both get abducted.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 32,129 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

1. I was wondering- Who will be answering questions today?
    and
    2. How long do we wait before we know our questions won't be answered?
    Does any SimGuru come back to these after they're closed and answer any questions and for how long after do you all check on these?

SimGuruSteph, SimGuruRomeo, and SimGuruDaniel will be here for the hour. SimGuruGraham might drop in to answer a question or two, too.

And yes, they do sometimes come in and answer them after the session is formally over.

Thank you for answering- do you have an idea how long, like a week? Because I tend to have that stubborn trait and will keep revisiting waiting for an answer; It's a sad thing to watch. XD
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,047 Member
    - If you build a swimming pool and a basement with windows that look into the swimming pool, you can't see the sims swimming in it from the basement. Is this a bug or was this a technical infeasibility?
    - Are you looking at improving the culling situation? I think it's realistic that the family tree only goes up to 10 generations, because who remembers their great-great-great (great*15) grandparents? I do wish you can keep the name and information on the tombstone, or keep family scrapbooks to maintain the entirety of the family tree (just retain the name, a photo and a few lines...I can't imagine this would take up a ton of memory)
    - Was the tablet (for checking out customers) in GTW really a design choice? So many of us want the cash register back. I wish you would listen to our feedback for this feature and let us choose if we want the tablet or the cash register for checking out customers. A lot of the design choices I get (even the much-lamented baby stuck in the crib feature), but this- I mean, the community very clearly wants cash registers. Please give us cash registers!!!!!!!!
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,027 Member
    Can any gurus Tell us If the feature @SimGuruDaniel was talking about in this tweet will be coming in the next patch?
    I LOVE The Sims 4 fashion and the hair styles!

Who creates them? And where do they get inspiration from when deciding what clothes to put in?

I love the shaved sides and pony hair style that came with GTW for women!

• SimGuruRomeoSimGuruRomeo Posts: 21 SimGuru
    Hello Guru's! :)

I have a couple of questions.

1. Whats your favorite job in Get to Work?
    2. Could you give us a secret feature in the Sims 4 that all of the simmers not aware off? ;)

Feedback --> I would like to have more neighbours

Thanks Guru's for this amazing game! :smiley:

My favorite job in GTW is the scientist career. I love the wacky inventions you can create to manipulate Sims in the world.

As for secrets, simmers are usually very quick to discover everything in our game. After the first week we find that fans have discovered everything. The game is so big, and it has a lot of little tips and tricks. I am always learning new things from our fans.
    Taking game features away after release (and in lots of cases, purchase) is seriously not acceptable. The only reason some of us wanted GTW was the aliens. I don't give three plums about the active careers.
  • SimGuruStephSimGuruSteph Posts: 10 SimGuru
    edited April 2015

RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Hello :)

1. What's the best things about being a guru?

Being able to interact with fans and talk about the game features!

2. Do you guys still have lots of surprises to come?

Definitely, look forward to sharing when we can!

3. What's the hardest thing/items to create when making a new expansion pack?

Making sure the features work cohesively with the pack theme.

Post edited by SimGuruCoop on
  • EldreshEldresh Posts: 34 Member
    My question was about color swatches. In TS2 we had separate swatches for different parts of an object (frame/mattress/etc) but in TS4 it is all the same color swatch. I know CAS isn't really an option here, but I feel that implementing TS2-style color swatches might answer a lot of common complaints I see on the forums.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 15,205 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Whenever I put a rug or anything next to my fire place and turn it on it always causes a fire. Is this how it's meant to be or just my unlucky sims? >:)
    It is supposed to be like that. If you put a rug near a fireplace in real life it could catch on fire too. It's hard enough to start fires as it is, so I like having the rug help when starting fires. Bookcases work good too. It's beautiful when gnomes catch on fire.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 70,130 Member
    Children can no longer talk to each other while playing on playground equipment.

Also your work npcs and customers with Get To Work can't be invited to your home.
    Could you look into the constant getting drinks from the fridge issue its back and my sims tend to drink when they just ate and don't need one.
    What is your favorite part of any sims game in the series?
    Some of the NPC in the doctors profession are slacking off and not doing what they are suppose to be doing for example my sim has to admit every patient in while the receptionist sits on the computer doing nothing.
    Thanks for flagging this, I'll send it over to the team - if you're able to give more context in a new thread in the Bugs forum, it'll help them figure it out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top