Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I guess this means save and quit does not work.

So I just recently bought this game and the get to work expansion... I have put several hours into it, but now I'm confused... I used to double save, not just because I wanted to be double sure, just because I wasn't used to the "save and quit" feature. I used it last night before I went to bed, but didn't save before I "saved and quit" like I usually did. I lost a promotion and about 4 hours of game play due to this. Why do they have a feature that doesn't work? Obviously the solution is simple, keep doing it the way I was.... I'm just upset because I worked hard to get to where I was before I quit.

I saw a problem similar to this on the forums, but the person played another file afterwards, and I didn't. This issue happened in 2014 but obviously something is still off with this "save and quit" feature.

Another thing I found kinda frustrating is I can't find a "load game" button anywhere... So I can't even check my saved files, what's the point of "save as" if you can't open a load menu?

Not really looking for help, I guess I'm just curious why it did this....

Comments

• JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Did you get an error code 1 sign before the game shut?
    When you turned it on the second time was there an error code 22?

These saving bugs have recently popped up again.
  • AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    The load game option should be up on the top left with all the other options like the gallery, new game, etc.

As for the save and quit option, I always use this and don't have problems with it, idk what could be making this issue for you
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    So I just recently bought this game and the get to work expansion... I have put several hours into it, but now I'm confused... I used to double save, not just because I wanted to be double sure, just because I wasn't used to the "save and quit" feature. I used it last night before I went to bed, but didn't save before I "saved and quit" like I usually did. I lost a promotion and about 4 hours of game play due to this. Why do they have a feature that doesn't work? Obviously the solution is simple, keep doing it the way I was.... I'm just upset because I worked hard to get to where I was before I quit.

I saw a problem similar to this on the forums, but the person played another file afterwards, and I didn't. This issue happened in 2014 but obviously something is still off with this "save and quit" feature.

Another thing I found kinda frustrating is I can't find a "load game" button anywhere... So I can't even check my saved files, what's the point of "save as" if you can't open a load menu?

Not really looking for help, I guess I'm just curious why it did this....

There's a load game where you can select which save you load up. Or do you mean something else?
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • TheLovelyBirdTheLovelyBird Posts: 7 New Member
    Nope, I haven't had an error code the whole time I've played the game. It was acting a little weird though, the game play was off. My character and a NPC got "frozen" almost... but I think I just went to build mode, and that got em going again.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Hm. That's strange.
    Thx I found my saves... weird thing tho, they are the same file with two different time stamps? I know I didn't get autosaved then manually save at the same exact spot two hours later... This is just odd
    Nope, I haven't had an error code the whole time I've played the game. It was acting a little weird though, the game play was off. My character and a NPC got "frozen" almost... but I think I just went to build mode, and that got em going again.

Like this? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/BUG-Time-freezing/td-p/3806607
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    Not really, it was more like I was trying to eat something, then I clicked "call to meal" and they were just standing there, I clicked on the actions to cancel them both and no matter what speed I went at my character just stood there holding a plate with white X's over "eat" and "call to meal" action, and when I tried clicking on something else to do it wouldn't queue the action . Both characters where moving slightly but not out of the spot they were in.... So the game wasn't really frozen, I just went to build mode and was able to play.
    I remember that little freeze thing from the sims 3 tho so I am just very careful with how I use the speed up features.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, that's sorta the issue of that thread too. I've had that bug many times before and have seen it in many games(sims 4 let's plays) as well.

You can try doing this : http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/ and repairing your game.

That'll fix most bugs, but some just temporarily. Some others have said that fixed their, "frozen but not really glitch" but mine came back so idk. Better than nothing I guess until a patch to fix the bugs but... yeah.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your game. I hope everything works out there.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You will always have two .save files with the same timestamp: one is your "true" save, the other the Autosave. .ver files have the same timestamp only because they've been renamed; they are your previous saves.

Yes, Save and Exit might be borked again. Use Save As, wait till it's done, and Exit.

Large inventories might be part of the problem.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Thank you!

I'm not the most computer savvy, due to disinterest more than incapability. Since the fix may only be temporary - that's the first thing I'll do if it does the glitchy action thing again, since I'm highly suspicious that's what caused it not to save.

I alt tab out of games sometimes to get tips, I'll probably just double save and exit before I search for something online, AND paranoid save like I did before I started trusting the game.

24 hours of gameplay and only one little opps ain't that bad... I think I remember the sims 3 being a lot worse, so all in all I am very happy with this game. :) Now to suck it up and redo some stuff.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > You will always have two .save files with the same timestamp: one is your "true" save, the other the Autosave. .ver files have the same timestamp only because they've been renamed; they are your previous saves.
    >
    > Yes, Save and Exit might be borked again. Use Save As, wait till it's done, and Exit.
    >
    > Large inventories might be part of the problem.

Mine has different timestamps but the same exact files... I thought it was 11pm autosave and 1am manual but the autosave was actually at 11am ...weird thing is I think I went to bed around 1am but I was MUCH further in the game when I saved..... I'm just so confused, maybe I should just clear the cache now because everything about this seems wrong lol
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I use "save as" anytime I save and before I exit the game, and I load the game I want to play by clicking on the square disk at the right top and the choose the game I want to play.