Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

are you a body shopper?

i know im about 15 years late for the party but i just started messing around in sims 2 body shop. the sims 2 doesnt have create a style but body shop is a do-it-yourself mode that works just as well for clothing. it has genetics and body parts too but i havent ventured that far yet.

anybody else use bodyshop?
free the sims!
http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I use Bodyshop when making new Sims- more options. And I like mixing up the Maxis outfits; tops and bottoms and shoes. I don't recolor that well but I can cut and paste. :mrgreen:
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    oh man. i have caught the color bug. its easier than i thought it would be. body shop + photoshop. i just made the family a matching set of outfits. im going in game now to test and take pics. stay tuned as i will post the pics when i return.
    free the sims!
    edited April 2015
    We can re-catagorize the outfits, too. I have some hot pink *bathrobes for outdoor and formal just so I can have a Sim running around town in them. XD

Plus, the Pirates look better when they can wear the outfits all the time- even to workout. :mrgreen:
    im just starting out. this is the sims icon line i started for their everyday wear. im going to customize all of their categories so each outfit is custom.

lydia santos
    10p9klu.jpg
    seven santos
    2hgtetw.jpg
    siete santos
    2a633es.jpg
    the santos family
    ju8hw5.jpg

i forgot to show the shoes. everyone has matching shoes to their shirts.
    free the sims!
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    After all these years I am STILL learning how to make good looking clothes, other than simple recolors (I use Corel instead of photoshop) and sometimes I make something that I am proud of and sometimes I just make a mess lol. I use it for recategorizing as well. I have a lot of fun with bodyshop tho. Sometimes I look at something I download and I go "how do they do that?". As far as genetics, I am with Rflong, I just put together sims with it. The only genetics stuff is the pretty genetics stuff, like hair, eyes, and skins I download lol. I did find a site that has a mod to add the bodyshop sliders to CAS.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited April 2015
    I make all of my own sims clothes using milkshape/bodyshop/photoshop because I like using different bodyshapes and there's never any decent clothes for them. It's one of my favorite parts of the game, I have entire hoods that only wear my clothes :).

TS3 CASt was neat for recoloring and I really liked being able to do it in game, even if it was a bit "color flooded" looking. TS4 CAS is a terrible step backwards (imo), even with it's pulling and pushing ability, because it lacks a decent recolor tool.

I always come back to TS2 bodyshop because I can do so much more with it, especially with a couple good tutorials and a few hours to kill. <3

Edited to add - you are on your way OP! Pretty soon you'll be doing fantastic recolors and we'll all be begging you to upload and share them somewhere.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    im just starting out. this is the sims icon line i started for their everyday wear. im going to customize all of their categories so each outfit is custom.

lydia santos
    10p9klu.jpg
    seven santos
    2hgtetw.jpg
    siete santos
    2a633es.jpg
    the santos family
    ju8hw5.jpg

i forgot to show the shoes. everyone has matching shoes to their shirts.
    Very nice I need to get into that too
    When you get comfortable enough @seVenpeaceloVe you will have to start your own simblr tumblr and upload stuff for us to download ;)
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Never though of it. Meh, too complicated (or I'm just lazy).
    oh3cjs.jpg
    Nice! :mrgreen:

I don't do anything so elaborate. I only mix and match and recolor... Can I show some?

My Purple Pirates
    snapshot_42494ad6_22494ad7_zpsmfbhblon.jpg

I was on a Purple thing for a family.
    810b85be-cc1e-45de-9060-cd9ec9f3ea3e_zpstjirhfnk.jpg

I don't like the undies showing so I edited the shirt. XD
    snapshot_42494ad6_c2494b68_zpseid759bn.jpg

I liked this one but not the bat necklace and I wanted the pants to go with an outdoors outfit.
    snapshot_42494ad6_42494b4e_zpswzywejiq.jpg

The Hot pink housecoat ...
    snapshot_42494ad6_22494aea_zpsdhlubtc7.jpg

I really like the outdoor combo one.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    @seVenpeaceloVe - you've got the bug! Welcome to the club, you're official now! :)

Keep the pictures coming too. I love seeing simmers get the hang of bodyshop.
    Thanks, @gayars :mrgreen:
    How did you hide the underwear. They had all these clothes showing off underwear in the game and I would love to get mine all like that, because just in real life, I want to yank the pants up when I see underwear showing above the waist lol.
    gayars wrote: »
    How did you hide the underwear. They had all these clothes showing off underwear in the game and I would love to get mine all like that, because just in real life, I want to yank the pants up when I see underwear showing above the waist lol.

I cut and pasted and blended the shirt lower on the outfit to hide the underwear. I don't think it will work with the pants but this is a full outfit, one piece so it's easy. :)
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Are there any tutorials for Bodyshop? I know how to make hair but not clothes.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    Seamoan wrote: »
    I make all of my own sims clothes using milkshape/bodyshop/photoshop because I like using different bodyshapes and there's never any decent clothes for them. It's one of my favorite parts of the game, I have entire hoods that only wear my clothes :).

TS3 CASt was neat for recoloring and I really liked being able to do it in game, even if it was a bit "color flooded" looking. TS4 CAS is a terrible step backwards (imo), even with it's pulling and pushing ability, because it lacks a decent recolor tool.

I always come back to TS2 bodyshop because I can do so much more with it, especially with a couple good tutorials and a few hours to kill. <3

Edited to add - you are on your way OP! Pretty soon you'll be doing fantastic recolors and we'll all be begging you to upload and share them somewhere.
    thanks! LOL. when i get a bit more advanced you gotta show me how to use milkshape. i know its the go-to tool for meshes but im not ready for that just yet. LOL. (or maybe just lazy that i dont wanna delve that far) but i do want to learn to make shoes. thats the only thing people who post tuts never fully explain.
    When you get comfortable enough @seVenpeaceloVe you will have to start your own simblr tumblr and upload stuff for us to download ;)
    LOL. im still wearing my noob hat right now. learning and experimenting.
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Never though of it. Meh, too complicated (or I'm just lazy).
    recoloring is actually easier than i thought it would be. it helps to know your way around photoshop too.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Nice! :mrgreen:

I don't do anything so elaborate. I only mix and match and recolor... Can I show some?

My Purple Pirates
    snapshot_42494ad6_22494ad7_zpsmfbhblon.jpg

I was on a Purple thing for a family.
    810b85be-cc1e-45de-9060-cd9ec9f3ea3e_zpstjirhfnk.jpg

I don't like the undies showing so I edited the shirt. XD
    snapshot_42494ad6_c2494b68_zpseid759bn.jpg

I liked this one but not the bat necklace and I wanted the pants to go with an outdoors outfit.
    snapshot_42494ad6_42494b4e_zpswzywejiq.jpg

The Hot pink housecoat ...
    snapshot_42494ad6_22494aea_zpsdhlubtc7.jpg
    more! those outfits are cool. i see we all have a hidden bodyshopper in us. haha.
    Seamoan wrote: »
    @seVenpeaceloVe - you've got the bug! Welcome to the club, you're official now! :)

Keep the pictures coming too. I love seeing simmers get the hang of bodyshop.
    will do. had to handle some real life outings today and actually missed my little people. my last save is right before the taxi comes to pick them up for vacation. i know theyre mad at me.
    clears throat: (scientist voice) that would require changing your alpha in the file. the pic that looks black and white. everything painted white is what shows up. everything painted black will be hidden.
    now dont ask more than that. i probably couldnt tell ya. i just wanted to share a bit of what ive learned. LOL. thats kind of a photoshop thing i knew anyway tho.

who knew the sims 2 forum was this live?! ive always lurked here and just decided to start posting when i got the urge to start playing again. glad i did. good to see im not alone and many sims 2 players are dusting off their boxes aka we downloaded the uc and are loving it all over again.

free the sims!
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Forgive me, but how do I access and use Body Shop? lol noob question. I haven't played this game in years and I never used body shop before.

--T
    To7m wrote: »
    Forgive me, but how do I access and use Body Shop? lol noob question. I haven't played this game in years and I never used body shop before.

--T

You have to go make a shortcut. This is where the .exe is on my computer:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin
    Right click on the TS2BodyShop.exe to make a new shortcut and drag it to your desktop- is what I did. XD

Body Shop takes longer to start than most games... it makes ya wonder if it'll ever start but it does. Give it a few minutes. :)
    A few more of the cut/paste/recolor older ones. I don't have many installed right now. XD

I switch around the tops and bottoms or make them darker for variety.
    snapshot_e24a4625_624a478c_zpsngu7xwdj.jpg

Gave my Uni elders there favorite undies. XD
    snapshot_e24a4625_c24a47b8_zpsfq7esgql.jpg

snapshot_e24a4625_a24a476f_zpscbrwlcie.jpg

And these are just recolored with the color slider and cut/paste. =D
    snapshot_e24a4625_024a4657_zpsbhkasipf.jpg
    The most I have ever gotten confident on is switching shoes! Do you ever upload any anywhere @Rflong7 ?
    Yeah, shoes do get boring. XD

No, None of them are really worth it- just little modifications. But thanks for asking! :D
    i like your recolors @Rflong7. it feels good when youre playing and your game feels unique.

bodyshop tip: after youve finished with a project, delete it. once its imported into your game you dont need the project file anymore. it helps bodyshop to load a bit quicker. i also have bodyshop pinned to my taskbar for quick access.
    free the sims!
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    i like your recolors @Rflong7. it feels good when youre playing and your game feels unique.

bodyshop tip: after youve finished with a project, delete it. once its imported into your game you dont need the project file anymore. it helps bodyshop to load a bit quicker. i also have bodyshop pinned to my taskbar for quick access.

I really like the outfits you made!!! They're unique!! You should upload them to MTS so I can have them <3
    Or box or something.