Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Screen is shaking

My screen just starts shaking? I can't even play the game?
I uninstalled it but if it happens again what should I do?
My DXDiag if anyone needs it.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    So you mean your laptop screen was vibrating/shaking? Did you happen to notice if your fans were spinning really quick? I don't know of anything that can cause that besides the vibration of a full spinning fan.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    So you mean your laptop screen was vibrating/shaking? Did you happen to notice if your fans were spinning really quick? I don't know of anything that can cause that besides the vibration of a full spinning fan.
    Not sure where the fans are on this laptop. Whoops.

6JSxk49.png?1
    AiHaou wrote: »

You won't see the fans but you will hear them.
    We have had a few people experiencing their fans spinning full force on laptops while playing ts4..it seems to be only on laptops with nvidia graphics. Might be an idea to use a laptop cooling pad. Other than that I have no idea how a screen could vibrate or shake.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

We have had a few people experiencing their fans spinning full force on laptops while playing ts4..it seems to be only on laptops with nvidia graphics. Might be an idea to use a laptop cooling pad. Other than that I have no idea how a screen could vibrate or shake.
    Might look into that. :)
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Might look into that. :)

I have this fan issue too on my laptop. I don't know if below will help but things to try

make sure your computer is using your Nvida card
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1

Turn off origin in game
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/

In game options play in laptop mode. Some have reported the fans reducing speed if you lower the settings to med while playing
  • poisonivypoisonivy Posts: 293 Member
    I have looked at my memory dumpy and cleared all my cache. I looked at my Nvida Card to make sure everything was ok with that and to make sure it was using the Nvida card. It is not the fans!!! The laptop it's self is not shaking. It has to do with the screen, and you can't feel the screen shaking. I got mine fixed after trying a lot of things. What worked is turning off origin in game. I had done this before but I must have turned it back on. I hope you all get yours fixed so you can enjoy your game again.

Origin ID poisonivy15
    edited April 2015
    poisonivy wrote: »
    I have looked at my memory dumpy and cleared all my cache. I looked at my Nvida Card to make sure everything was ok with that and to make sure it was using the Nvida card. It is not the fans!!! The laptop it's self is not shaking. It has to do with the screen, and you can't feel the screen shaking. I got mine fixed after trying a lot of things. What worked is turning off origin in game. I had done this before but I must have turned it back on. I hope you all get yours fixed so you can enjoy your game again.
    Origin in game does conflict with ts4. Screen shaking is a first.. never seen this issue before. Well happy you got it fixed. :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Well whatever it was a reinstall seemed to fix it.
    6JSxk49.png?1