Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doctor Career delivering Babies

I'm having problems delivering babies. My sim won't deliver babies every time I tell her to deliver a baby she starts by feeling the pregnant sim's tummy and then the action gets cancelled. I tried repairing my game but it still won't allow her to deliver the baby. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I have to deliver a baby to get her promoted to the next level of her career so I would really like to resolve this problem if anyone can help me.

Comments

• Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    You might have to diagnose her to deliver babies as pregnant woman can come in sick so they may not be ready. The only exception is when you see a thing on your job tracker that says deliver baby and she will walk inside with a red heart flashing because we already know what is wrong.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    InfiniteRichSInfiniteRichS Posts: 31 New Member
    Yes it shows the flashing red heart and it shows up in the job tracker but the action just keeps getting canceled
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Sometimes you have to chitchat with pregnant woman and introduce yourself to her. Check for boy or girl before the game will let you perform surgery on her.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    EpepperEpepper Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. Wondering if you found a way to resolve?
  • Options
    you have to keep the operating table you got from the original hospital. If you delete that operating table and replace it with the one from the buydebug cheat the game won't let your sim operate
  • Options
    Sim_lady1994Sim_lady1994 Posts: 8 New Member
    So does that mean that delivering a baby is a side quest kind of like house calls? I haven't seen any pregnant sims come into the hospital yet
  • Options
    yes it's like a side quest and it will be added to the actions you should to to improve your daily objectives it's like a house call
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    My sim is a level 8 doctor and can't progress until she delivers a baby. I've been to work with her 7 times on this level and a pregnant woman has never showed up! Every single day there's a collapsed sim emergency but no pregnant woman. Is this a bug or is it meant to take this long?
  • Options
    It's random but I don't think it's suppose to take that long
  • Options
    PreventInfiresPreventInfires Posts: 1 New Member
    Its been a while and you probably aren't having this problem anymore but for anyone else that might be, I was having the exact same problem, i downloaded the unfurnished version of the Seattle grace hospital (I'm a Greys anatomy fan) so i had to edit and furnish the hospital myself which means i had to add all the operating tables from the buydebug cheat and i didn't have the cheat on when i was trying to deliver a baby and it did the same thing you mentioned about rubbing the patients belly and then nothing happening. I decided to turn on the buydebug cheat and add a few more operating tables to see if it would work and when i went back into live mode my sim began the operation. hope this helps! happy operating :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Its been a while and you probably aren't having this problem anymore but for anyone else that might be, I was having the exact same problem, i downloaded the unfurnished version of the Seattle grace hospital (I'm a Greys anatomy fan) so i had to edit and furnish the hospital myself which means i had to add all the operating tables from the buydebug cheat and i didn't have the cheat on when i was trying to deliver a baby and it did the same thing you mentioned about rubbing the patients belly and then nothing happening. I decided to turn on the buydebug cheat and add a few more operating tables to see if it would work and when i went back into live mode my sim began the operation. hope this helps! happy operating :smiley:

Hello @PreventInfires. I am glad that you were able to resolve your issue. Thankyou for sharing with us what you did to fix the problem :)