Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 won't update. HELP!

HELP!
I've just bought The Sims 3 University Life but it will not let me install it until I've updated my Sims 3 - mine is currently this '1.42.130.019037'. It won't let me update though! I go onto game updates on the sims launcher, tick 'TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe' and click to update it. Then the download bar comes up. It gets all the way to 100% and prompts me allow changes to my computer, which I allow. Then when I go back onto the sims launcher it still says the previous version and a message comes up saying 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! Program: ...8/{CP_Guest_3112(2)_ver2}/TS3_1.67.2.024xx_update.exe abnormal program termination'.

I've tried downloading a patch (I think it was a super patch) but it wouldn't work, even though it took 1 hour to download! Do I need to uninstall The Sims 3? I used an Origin digital code, would my game still be there after uninstalling? Please help! :(

Comments

• LemonyEmilyLemonyEmily Posts: 2 New Member
    Quick update - I fixed it! Downloaded another super patch from the actual Sims forum. Restarted my laptop. Made sure Origin and the Sims launcher were not open (had to exit them in the small icon bar at the bottom right side of laptop, near the clock and date). Then found the super patch in my downloads folder. Double clicked it and it started to update Sims perfectly!! :smiley: