Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for an empty world! Suggestions please!

awaiirain0awaiirain0 Posts: 193 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
So after spending hours scouring the internet, I can not find an empty world that suits my playing style. I'm looking for a medium sized world, preferably with mountains and forests as well as empty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! And just for reference I have all the expansions except for Into the Future.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

When you say empty, do you mean no roads and objects or just no built lots?
    When you say mountains, are you meaning for them to walk into or have lots in there?
    Are you wanting to use the world files to edit or to just build as you play?

What is your play style?

Good luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thanks for responding. I am looking for a world with roads and lots already placed. It doesn't matter if the mountains are just there or if they are playable with lots. I can't use CAW for the life of me, so something that I don't have to edit would be great. I'm hoping for a world where it wont take my sim an entire day to get from one end to another. I like small or medium sized worlds in that sense.
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2015
    My advice would be to start here: The World Index stickied at the top of this forum. it contains many worlds and sorted by EP so you can find what you are looking for. I would also highly recommend The Worlds of Rflong7 as there are some awesome worlds in that thread!!!! There are a couple in my studio as well (linked in the signature below) and you may also want to check out SimRealtor, "My Sim Realty" as well.
    Post edited by flstrider on
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a link to a file of some worlds that might work though they really are empty with roads and world objects placed and you'd have to build on them.Gibsons has mountains like you're wanting and it requires just the base game though it was my first attempt at a CAW project and I've got a functioning legacy in it.Click on my signature banner to get to the link for downloading the worlds from 4Shared.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you. I've already seen the world index and couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I'll check out the worlds of Rflong7 though.
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    I have a collection of empty worlds - or as I refer to them, "lite" with roads and lots but nothing built. You can check them out and see if any would fit what you are looking for and several have the CAW files so that you can customize it as needed. I just ask you not reupload my work :) They are here: www.mysimrealty.com
  • Options
    I've downloaded Deery Meadows from HERE and have been setting it up for a new legacy I'm starting up.
  • Options
    samwarrior1992samwarrior1992 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello, I am trying to find a world that has room to fit 9 64x64 lot together in a square with NO roads between them, part from the main road down one of the sides,
    Anyone know of any worlds like that??
  • Options
    @samwarrior1992 Cannot think of any world like that, is this what you are talking about:
    9square.png

or something like that? I do have a build-it-yourself world I could change up a bit to add those lots into, here is the link to the world I am talking about:

Cheverly, a Build-it-Yourself World

Let me know if this is acceptable and I will see if I can get those lots placed into the world for you
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    @flstrider Hello, Yeah that what I am looking for, with them right close to each other,
    Thank you that would be amazing if you could =D
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @samwarrior1992 here is what I came up with in the Cheverly world just goofing off, does this look like what you are looking for?

3x3%2064.jpg

Ignore the small lot in the picture I just moved that to get the curved road in. Let me know what you think and if you would like to add trees or other things around the area. All of these lots are currently labeled residential but that is an easy change if you need.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    @flstrider That look awesome, just wanted I wanted =)
  • Options
    @samwarrior1992 I will touch it up a bit and get it ready for you soon then
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    @flstrider Thank you so much, can't wait to see it =D
  • Options
    @samwarrior1992 So this world will give you the majority of the rabbit holes, and three starter homes, the rest is up to you. Will this work for you?

9square2.png
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    @flstrider that will work amazing for me, Thank you <3 =D
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @samwarrior1992 let me know if there are any issues. Here is the link for the world Cheverly by FLSTRider
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    FarmKittyCatFarmKittyCat Posts: 29 New Member
    Hi! So I am new here, and I guess I can't make my own discussion yet, therefore I'll just write here. Can anyone, please, help me find an empty country world? I am interested in medium to large world, with dirt roads, no houses built, preferably lots of big lots (like 64x64, 50x50 etc.), placed objects, possibly even mountains, maybe a waterfall, a beach and pond would also be great. I'll be grateful for the help!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @FarmKittyCat several empty worlds are listed in The Sims 3 World Index (check down near the bottom of the page for the "build-it-Yourself" section) but also any world with "Lite" in the title usually means it is empty. You can look at my world thread (just click on the image in my signature) there are two build it yourself worlds and in the 4th post down lists my "lite" worlds. Hope this helps
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    FarmKittyCatFarmKittyCat Posts: 29 New Member
    Thank you! It really helps!
  • Options
    yankigal12yankigal12 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @flstrider said:
    > @samwarrior1992 let me know if there are any issues. Here is the link for the world Cheverly by FLSTRider

Hi @flstrider I wanted to know if you still had this world available. It looks amazing; just what I need but the link is broken. Thank you
  • Options
    yankigal12yankigal12 Posts: 6 New Member
    @flstrider - sorry I found it! Thanks for your work!
  • Options
    ashy91ashy91 Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm looking for a world that is mostly flat and has lots and trees and roads. I've never used the CAW and I just don't think I'll be very good at creating my own worlds so I'm unsure if there is someone willing to help me or knows of a world already like this that i could download?
  • Options
    @ashy91 -I should look for one that might work in CAW as I've got one well on it's way to being finished and it should have tons of space for lots to be placed to add buildings.I do have a few more things to work on in CAW before it's done and can be released.