Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant see buildings in building iventory

elppeoparaselppeoparas Posts: 14 New Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
Yeah. So thats whats up. When i go to edit town and i want to buy a new house or restaurant or whatever there is just nothing in the building inventory. I cant find a way to fix this anywhere. So please i need your help simmers!
Post edited by elppeoparas on

Comments

• elppeoparaselppeoparas Posts: 14 New Member
    And yes it happens if i start a new game and restarting doesnt help
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Building inventory? In TS3, pre-made or previously saved lots are down in the bin. Standalone RabbitHole buildings themselves are available from Build/Buy Mode. Is this a TS3 or a TS4 question?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited April 2015
    [quote="igazor;13557070"]Building inventory? In TS3, pre-made or previously saved lots are down in the bin. Standalone RabbitHole buildings themselves are available from Build/Buy Mode. Is this a TS3 or a TS4 question?[/quote]

Sorry i dobt know what the place where you buy the buildings from is called so i called it building inventroy :P so i meant the bin and they just arent there. I cant see them. The whole building bin is empty. And TS3
    Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, down near the bottom of your screen in Edit Town you should see pre-made households (families) with tabs for built-in pre-made residential lots and commercial lots. There is nothing under either of the lot choices down there?

If so, possibly a corrupted Library folder. Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder from Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping (you can always put it back later) and starting up a new game. A new game folder will generate. If you go to Edit Town in the new game, do the pre-made lots then show in the bin?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    [quote="igazor;13559684"]Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, down near the bottom of your screen in Edit Town you should see pre-made households (families) with tabs for built-in pre-made residential lots and commercial lots. There is nothing under either of the lot choices down there?

If so, possibly a corrupted Library folder. Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder from Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping (you can always put it back later) and starting up a new game. A new game folder will generate. If you go to Edit Town in the new game, do the pre-made lots then show in the bin?[/quote]

[quote="igazor;13559684"]Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, down near the bottom of your screen in Edit Town you should see pre-made households (families) with tabs for built-in pre-made residential lots and commercial lots. There is nothing under either of the lot choices down there?

If so, possibly a corrupted Library folder. Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder from Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping (you can always put it back later) and starting up a new game. A new game folder will generate. If you go to Edit Town in the new game, do the pre-made lots then show in the bin?[/quote]

tes thats what i meant! but now when i start the game all my games are gone and alk the settings are the ones that were there in the beginning? What will i do to get my games back?
    Pleaseeee help
    And i still cant see the buildings etc
    1 - Have you pulled your game folder out to your Desktop like I suggested? Yes all your saved games, custom content, EA store purchases, etc. will be unavailable temporarily. You can put all of that back later. But if on a clean game folder you still aren't seeing anything down in the residential and commercial lot bins, then there is something wrong with your installation.

2 - How large is the hard drive you are using and how much space is left on it?

3 - Try using the Super Patcher to bring your game up to the current Patch Level 1.67. It's a huge download but is often helpful in fixing incomplete patch jobs that the Launcher has done without any way of knowing there was a problem at the time. If the Super Patcher tells you that you are already up to date, make it run anyway. Start up a new test game. Anything showing up in the bins in Edit Town now?
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

4 - If that doesn't do it, you may have to uninstall TS3 completely and reinstall (still keeping your older game folder on your Desktop where it's safe). Unless someone comes along with a better idea.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Okay i dont have so much space on my hardrice :/ but how can i get all the old games and stuff back? Cause if i cant get the houses to work i want my games back
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    You can put them back in if you've removed them from the folder and put them on your desktop to save. Once you have restarted the game, as igazor suggested, you should see things in the bin. Then you close the game out, go back to your saved game and move things back into the new folder. You don't want to move everything, or you'll be back to having the problem again. But things like your saved sims, saves (which are your saved games themselves), mods, etc. It sounds like it is your Library folder that has the problem so I wouldn't put that one back in. This post may help you figure out which folders you really need to put back in so that you can have your stuff back: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Sims+3+Folder+Contents+FAQ
    (PS. I'm not part of nraas, but I use their useful stuff. :) )
    Okay i dont have so much space on my hardrice :/ but how can i get all the old games and stuff back? Cause if i cant get the houses to work i want my games back
    How tight are we talking about here? Again, how large is your hard drive and how much space is left on it. In terms of GB, not in terms of "not much." If you have zero space left to work with, or nearly that, I would say playing the game is going to damage any saves you try to make until you free up some room for the program to work properly. Windows needs at least 10% of the drive it operates on to be free space, more like 15% is safer.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    [quote="igazor;13573034"][quote="elppeoparas;13572923"]Okay i dont have so much space on my hardrice :/ but how can i get all the old games and stuff back? Cause if i cant get the houses to work i want my games back[/quote]
    How tight are we talking about here? Again, how large is your hard drive and how much space is left on it. In terms of GB, not in terms of "not much." If you have zero space left to work with, or nearly that, I would say playing the game is going to damage any saves you try to make until you free up some room for the program to work properly. Windows needs at least 10% of the drive it operates on to be free space, more like 15% is safer.
    [/quote]

I have a macbook so the hard srive isnt that big, its something like 140GB and i have like 30GB left
    Okay, that's a little tight but not enough to be causing the issues as I suspected. Are you playing the Mac OS version of the game rather than the Windows version on Bootcamp? Hadn't expected or thought to ask that, sorry, but if so this should have been posted on the TS3 Mac board on this forum.

Mac players have a very different set of challenges with this game than Windows players do. The entire Library file going kaput isn't one of them that I know of, though not handling CC well is. But if you can somehow get a proper Library file going you can still get back to your saved games, etc. that should be safely waiting for you on your saved game folder on your Desktop or wherever you might have pulled it to.

I would suggest moving this post to the Mac board using the Edit button on your first post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mac-discussions

Also have a look at this thread to see if it offers anything helpful for you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/658546/latest-mac-help-threads-guides-please-start-here-before-posting-a-problem-updated-27-07-14/p1

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    [quote="igazor;13574990"]Okay, that's a little tight but not enough to be causing the issues as I suspected. Are you playing the Mac OS version of the game rather than the Windows version on Bootcamp? Hadn't expected or thought to ask that, sorry, but if so this should have been posted on the TS3 Mac board on this forum.

Mac players have a very different set of challenges with this game than Windows players do. The entire Library file going kaput isn't one of them that I know of, though not handling CC well is. But if you can somehow get a proper Library file going you can still get back to your saved games, etc. that should be safely waiting for you on your saved game folder on your Desktop or wherever you might have pulled it to.

I would suggest moving this post to the Mac board using the Edit button on your first post.

Also have a look at this thread to see if it offers anything helpful for you.

[/quote]

Okay thank you soso much i will try to fix the problems i have with your advices, but my biggest concern is to get the old games and settings back. So do you know any discussion or site or something that has instructions or somerhing :DD
    While waiting for a Mac expert to comment on the missing buildings/Library file issue, we still don't have an answer to "Did you pull your game folder out of Documents onto your Desktop?" If you did, that's where your saved games and everything are. You can either move everything from the Saves folder on your Desktop to Saves within the new game folder or you can dump the new game folder entirely and put the old one back. Then you should be right back where you started from -- that was the point of saving the old folder to a safe place.

I never experienced this, but if putting the game folder back in the right place still doesn't cause the saved games and settings to be recognized right away, rebooting your Mac has been said to make that happen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!