Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I just wanted to report that though the notebook looks awesome for pre-modern era's, the books my sims write on them ave a value of $0.00 ... yep not making any simoleons towards that goal with the notebook ... I do also have a typwriter mod, but it does not work as well as the notebook, but at least the books have value ... it just also includes all the same actions as a computer. I really did not want to monitor my sims to keep them from playing video games on it, LOL .. oh well :)
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @tammyjo329 That is very odd. I noticed that you wrote a comment about it on the mod page, so hopefully Plasticbox can take a look at it.
    34in38k.png
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    Alright!! Soo my episodes are up! 5 and 6 :)
    @Lydiaa88 Poor Isaac, he just wanted to sleep :)

I have got a nice, good amount of notes now, and will probably make an update to the rules tomorrow.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I know! I feel bad sometimes but things have to be done sometimes...

Alrighty. I'll look for it before recording :smile:
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    My end-of-era report! Yes, the days of grimy, uneducated Sims are now behind the Ravenwing family! With the birth of John and Mary's first grandchild, Amelia, we progress into early civilization!
    04_28_15_11_30_PM.png

Let's do a quick point count, shall we?

Have one Sim reach level 10 in fishing, handiness, and gardening. Check! Mary Ravenwing completed this (+1)
    Earn $50,000 from selling plants, fish, rocks, fossils, and woodwork. Check! The whole family contributed to this :) (+2)
    Have one Sim have children with five different Sims. Check! John had babies with Mary, Summer, Cassandra, Nina, and Dina. (+2)
    Catch an anglerfish worth $1,500 or more. Check! John (our resident fisherman) caught this fish for us, and it is hanging proudly on the wall :) (+2)
    Have no Sims die from anything except old age. No family members are dead currently, so check! (+3)

That totals us at a full 10 points for the Ravenwing family in the prehistoric age. Yay team! :D

As far as challenge-wide goals, we completed one aspiration in this era, and got three skills to level 10.

Time to build a house, which I will upload onto the gallery, but It will contain my entire garden, collection (Which is at 89), and family portraits. I might have Lily paint a picture of the Prehistoric era living space before I build.

That's all for now guys! I'll check back in later with my first progress report for the Early Civilization era!
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    I was thinking it'd be fun if there was prehistoric era cc for the babies. I'm barely learning how to edit walls and paintings / stickers but I think clothing won't be as easy.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    @Rivie Honestly I don't use cc much, I've only installed the mods suggested for this challenge. The babies' clothing doesn't bother me much, they're only in it for a couple days anyway. I know there is a mod that gives you a placeable "invisible" bassinet, which looks like the baby is just sitting on the ground. It can be moved with MOO to be on tables, dressers, etc.
    UPDATE:
    • All collectibles, and any additional things received while fishing/gardening/digging, may now be sold right from the start, though they will oly count towards a goal if explicitly listed in that goal.
    • The Prehistoric Era "Earn 50 000 simoleons by selling fish, plants..." goal has been increased to 60 000 simoleons, but frogs now also count towards it.
    • The Challenge-Wide "Earn 100 000 simoleons during a single Era" goal has been increased to 150 000 simoleons.
    • Cowplant berries may now be sold, and they will count towards the Prehistoric Era goal. Planted/grown cowplants may still not be sold.
    • Sims may now not be manually aged up except for on their actual birthday.
    • The Challenge-Wide "Display the graves/urns of all deceased family members..." goal has been updated to only require the graves/urns of those family members who died while being a part of the household to be displayed.
    • Cowplants may now be milked, but any Essence received must be sold immediately.

The scoresheet has been updated accordingly.
    34in38k.png
  • AdolliAdolli Posts: 3 New Member
    Would it be okay to change the rules a little bit to suit different parts of the world? For example, if the challenge was set in Iceland, the building styles would reflect culture and style there?
    edited April 2015
    Adolli wrote: »
    Would it be okay to change the rules a little bit to suit different parts of the world? For example, if the challenge was set in Iceland, the building styles would reflect culture and style there?
    Yeah, sure. The rules are more about the the time periods than where in the world they take place, anyway. The important parts of the challenge are the restrictions and the goals, so as long as they stay the same, what country/culture you base your designs on doesn't really matter.

So in the case of Iceland, the first Era's Sims and houses would be based on Prehistoric Iceland, the second Era's Sims and houses would be based on Early Civilization Iceland, and so on. They would still only be allowed to contain the allowed objects for that Era, though.
    34in38k.png
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    edited April 2015
    This really does look interesting.I was not able to get the typewriters though. I couldn't find a d/l link and when I clicked on the link that was provided, it only took me to simpe. :( Anyway, for the early stages of this challenge, it would be awesome to have rock or rough hewn from logs chairs and tables. Then regular chairs as you get into the medieval ages. It would also be awesome if somebody came up w/a homeschool mod for the early ages. Also, a tub that looks like a lake, but I don't know if that can be done. Maybe a wooden round "bucket" for a tub?
    @Sonshine77 The typewriter link works fine for me, so I don't know why it doesn't for you. Outdoor Retreat does contain some stone and tree stump "chairs", but I haven't found any mods yet that add more of those kinds of things. You can of course craft rough looking furniture using the woodworking bench, and as for the "tub that looks like a lake", that could be accomplished using a pool and some rocks and plants (there is a lot up on the Gallery, by SnowieSimmer, that contains just this).
    34in38k.png
    edited April 2015
    @Sonshine77 As cloudseeker said, outdoor retreat does have a lot of items that make the prehistoric age look more realistic, and it is suggested :) If anything you could place a chair, then use MOO to disguise the chair to look like a pile of rocks that Sims can sit on. With the handiness skill, you can make toilets and bathtubs out of wood, and there is a rough wooden toilet (and bathtub I think) in buy debug mode. The pool I posted on the gallery is my idea of a "watering hole", where Prehistoric Sims would go to wash and swim around. I used MOO to make it look more like a pond :)

Edit: The typewriter link takes you to Ozyman's site for it, and if you scroll down to below the pictures but above the comments section there should be a link. If you click the link, it will take you to his online OneDrive, where you can download the file.

Cheats listed above are:
    bb.moveobjects on
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    edited April 2015
    @Cloudseeker Hey I would just like to tell you that I did start something on youtube and now my friend Del Rey Simmer has started the challenge! :)
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    ewright9 wrote: »
    @Rivie Honestly I don't use cc much, I've only installed the mods suggested for this challenge. The babies' clothing doesn't bother me much, they're only in it for a couple days anyway. I know there is a mod that gives you a placeable "invisible" bassinet, which looks like the baby is just sitting on the ground. It can be moved with MOO to be on tables, dressers, etc.

I was scared for my laptop but now that I tried cc, I love it. I know babies only last for a little while but I think they would look cute in the pictures. But it's okay if it doesn't bother you and I've seen the mod but I still haven't tried it, I want to though
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    @Lydiaa88 Ooh, very nice! :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I have informed him of some rules he got wrong, and so hopefully he will fix those before his next episode. Mine for today are currently processing on youtube.
  • Del Rey SimmerDel Rey Simmer Posts: 10 New Member
    @Cloudseeker i am lydias friend del rey simmer and started my today I got some rules confused and btw for people without outdoor retreat they could make a roof in a tent shape and put the straw roofing on like they just found some dry grass in a field ??? That's what I did if that's ok
    Also, I have been keeping a score sheet to try to keep track of my money: according to my math I am up to 4405 :)
    @Cloudseeker i am lydias friend del rey simmer and started my today I got some rules confused and btw for people without outdoor retreat they could make a roof in a tent shape and put the straw roofing on like they just found some dry grass in a field ??? That's what I did if that's ok
    Yes, you are allowed to build a simple house. In fact, you're even allowed to build a small, simple stone/wood/straw hut if you want to.
    34in38k.png
    Episodes 7 and 8 are up.. Recording more tomorrow.
    edited April 2015
    @Lydiaa88 Just watched them, great as usual :) Got the feeling that you may have missed the fact that you are in fact allowed to move "mates" (i.e. the Sims Isaac has tried for baby with) into the household if you want to, as long as they don't bring any money with them. You don't have to, but you are allowed. And when they have given birth to his children, they can help with goals as well :)

Could lead to awkwardness between the women of the household though :)

Oh, and you are allowed to sell your paintings, they just won't count towards any goals. Just in case you had missed that update.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker That makes my life easier.. Am I allowed to move the women out after they have the children? And I recorded these a while ago and I think that was before the update of "You can sell paintings but they cannot count towards the goal".
    @Lydiaa88 Yeah, I was unsure if they were recorded pre-update or if you had just missed it :) And yes, the women (and any other Sim you want) can be moved out at any point BUT, once they are moved out, they can never ever move back in, and they can no longer contribute to any goals (but any contributions they made before moving out is kept).
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top