Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making Simbot problem help please!

Hi,
I made one Simbot without any trouble and easily got all the stuff needed. I then tried to get the Simbot to make one and got no options at all from the Science Lab. I started a completely new game in a new town with a new Sim and I cannot get the Pink diamond or Palladium despite have the Epic Spawner and Vampires Eye Spawner and mining for days. I get some that are pink in colour but they are always some other gem instead. I have got Inventing level 10 and Gardening level 10 and have got Lifefruit.
Could my game be corrupted in some way?
Kind regards James.

Comments

• Options
    RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    edited April 2015
    Have found some Palladium with the Miner but no option to make Mystery Invention has turned up yet or nothing asking me to take anything to the Science Lab. Puzzled???. I am in Sunset Valley.
    Kind regards James.
    Post edited by Retrovanian on
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Put this in back to the future, you might get your answer there
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Have found some Palladium with the Miner but no option to make Mystery Invention has turned up yet or nothing asking me to take anything to the Science Lab. Puzzled???. I am in Sunset Valley.
    Kind regards James.

You are in the right forum, lol. The pink diamond is very rare. Check the consignment shop, sometimes they sell them. Also check this page for pink diamond spawn locations in Sunset Valley, the map is a bit down the page.

If you have World Adventures you could try having the sim train in martial arts, break 150(?) boards and then break space boards for gems. Alternatively you could send your to WA locations and with the collection helper collect gems until you find one. My sims occasionally find pink diamonds that way.

As for the opportunity, that's quite variable. If you sim has other skills developed then those opportunities will be competing with the simbot one. I've had some level 10 inventors never get the opportunity, and others get it in-game months after mastering the skill. One strategy is to always keep the skill opportunity clear. If you use mods, NRaas MasterController can be used to give your sim the 1st opportunity in the chain. You might need the MasterController Cheats module too, check the documentation if you want to go this route. Otherwise I think all you can do is don't allow your sim to develop any more skills and wait it out.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    The Green dragon from "Dragon Valley" give you a lot of pink diamonds.

I have also had luck finding them in the claw machine and if that fails, I have also found them by rummaging through the garbage of rich Sim's houses. It takes awhile, but you'd be surprised what those rich Sims throw out.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Werewolves and pets can also sometimes find a pink diamond if their hunting skills are high enough. I usually get mine via the space rock route.

Also, if you have NRASS Mastercontroller installed, you click on the Sim and find the option to create an opportunity (I can't remember the exact path so search through the options under that mod when you select the Sim). The opportunity is found under skills and is called Frankensim (I believe there is a number 1 after the name but it is the first step). For some reason, my inventors NEVER get this opportunity so I ALWAYS have to force it to start this way.
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @TreyNutz, I never do this, but I just had to say how much I like your profile. Your name and picture is Treycool.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Cristill wrote: »
    @TreyNutz, I never do this, but I just had to say how much I like your profile. Your name and picture is Treycool.

Aw, thanks! :)
  • Options
    LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    Pink Diamonds are extremely rare, you just need to be lucky to find them, one of my sims found a total of three (one at the consignment shop, the other two from exploring holes and the mausoleum), my other sim has yet to find one pink diamond (the only gem he is missing from the collection list).

If you are still having rotten luck finding a pink diamond, I suggest get the Treasure Box mod item, it comes in handy if you need a specific gem or metal type, plus it doubles as a storage space for collectables, inventions, and other items.
  • Options
    C4RT3R H4LLC4RT3R H4LL Posts: 8 New Member
    I have gotten 2 pink diamonds in the last day from my sculptor when the stone breaks and something is left behind.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I found 2 uncut pink diamonds on map view in France. (WA)