Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 is disappearing from the world...

DeamberluxeDeamberluxe Posts: 5 New Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims (2000)
Anyone still playing the sims 2? I feel like everyone rarely plays it. I'm sad to know the sims2 website doesn't even exist anymore. I prefer sims 2 way more over the sims 3.

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I play it, it's fun.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sashababy505sashababy505 Posts: 15 New Member
    I still play it everyday :)
  • Options
    xmegamanaxmegamana Posts: 81 Member
    I'm missing one of the CD's too my Sims 2 unfortunately otherwise I still would! I still get nostalgia from looking at the case.
  • Options
    PercinetPercinet Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes, I definitely still play 2 - neither 3 nor 4 allow as many playable families as I want in my neighborhoods. I probably still play 2 more than 3, although I'm starting to play 3 more. I quickly lost interest in 4, although the character creation is nice.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I Prefer Sims 2, Sims 3 is OK Sims 4 is boring.
  • Options
    youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2015
    i had uninstalled it recently but looking to reinstall it again :) just have to go through the process of making clean templates and stuff.
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I love TS2 but recently lost all of my saves and CC. It will take me a while to get back into it. More people should play TS2. :smiley:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2015
    xmegamana wrote: »
    I'm missing one of the CD's too my Sims 2 unfortunately otherwise I still would! I still get nostalgia from looking at the case.
    If you still have the code then you can get a free digital copy of the Ultimate Collection. Even if you don't have the code, it's worth a try just having the box for it.

The Ultimate Collection includes all expansions and stuff packs.
    Here is how to get it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection/p1
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Anyone still playing the sims 2? I feel like everyone rarely plays it. I'm sad to know the sims2 website doesn't even exist anymore. I prefer sims 2 way more over the sims 3.

Actually TS2 is highly requested, if EA were to put it on origin they would likely to have more sales for it than anything xD #TS2bestsimgameever
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yeah then maybe they could afford to get more people on Sims 4 team to help make toddlers :D
  • Options
    ShivaShiva Posts: 111 Member
    2 is still widely played and pretty popular - most users on this forum still play it, I think - it's just that most of the talk relating to The Sims is about 4 because of all the controversy it's caused.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I get a lonely feeling when playing it because I feel I'm the only one x
  • Options
    > @JessicaSimston said:
    > I get a lonely feeling when playing it because I feel I'm the only one x

You're far from it.

I wish this forum was higher up on the list, though. It was hard to find and I think it'd get more traffic if it were easier to spot.
  • Options
    Shiva wrote: »
    You're far from it.

I wish this forum was higher up on the list, though. It was hard to find and I think it'd get more traffic if it were easier to spot.
    I feel the same way .-.

TS2 is the best Sims game and it deserves to be even higher than TS4 and TS3.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member

Hated TS3. I like TS4 but I still play TS2 and I have all the patches and the custom content installed on a disk so I can have them forever. With no more support for TS2 I was worried that I would install one day and not find the patch so I saved them to disk before the site was taken down.

• Options
    > @xBob18 said:
    > Shiva wrote: »
    >
    > You're far from it.
    >
    > I wish this forum was higher up on the list, though. It was hard to find and I think it'd get more traffic if it were easier to spot.
    >
    >
    >
    > I feel the same way .-.
    >
    > TS2 is the best Sims game and it deserves to be even higher than TS4 and TS3.

Definitely. It deserves its own set of sub-forums here, really, and Memory Lane should be reserved for TS1/ console games.
  • Options
    Shiva wrote: »
    Definitely. It deserves its own set of sub-forums here, really, and Memory Lane should be reserved for TS1/ console games.
    We should have the following sections:
    • General The Sims 2 Discussion
    • The Sims 2 Creative Corner
    • The Sims 2 Technical Discussion
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    > @xBob18 said:
    > Shiva wrote: »
    >
    > Definitely. It deserves its own set of sub-forums here, really, and Memory Lane should be reserved for TS1/ console games.
    >
    >
    >
    > We should have the following sections: * General The Sims 2 Discussion
    > * The Sims 2 Creative Corner
    > * The Sims 2 Technical Discussion

That's a good idea! Especially the Creative Corner, it seems like there are a lot of Simmers still into TS2 legacies/ stories/ challenges. It's a shame they're relegated to one multi-purpose forum.
  • Options
    RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I play sims 2 mainly because it's the only sims game that works on my laptop but i really enjoy it!
  • Options
    It's ok @Razing you aren't missing that much imho with the rest ;) Ok, Sims 3 is ok, but Sims 2 is the awesomest game EVER to me :)
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    TS2 is the BEST of the series in the aspect of, it had the MOST improvement on the previous installment. EX: TS2 added SO much more of EVERYTHING from TS1. TS3 added some new stuff but was missing a lot of features from TS2. And TS4.... Just don't get me started lol
  • Options
    joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    I'm actually a NEW TS2 player LOL.
    I started playing sims with TS3, then when TS4 came out I really tried to get into it but it's just not connecting with me.

I recently bought a new disc version of TS2 because I missed out on TS2 the first time plus my laptop just doesn't cope well with TS4 or 3.
    It took some hoop jumping but EA upgraded my copy to The Ultimate Collection and I've been playing it ever since.

I love it! it's such a lively neighborhood feel, and I think because you have to work so hard on each sim you connect with them more? There is so much detail in game play and I keep finding new interactions etc. I love how they tell you off if you make them do something when they're tired LOL!

TS2 really need it's own section, I came from the Aussie forums to here and it wasn't easy to find.

I get the feeling EA would be happier if we moved on and forgot about TS2 which is why there isn't a dedication section for it, plus I think TS2 shows up TS4 and all that's missing.
    I took the pledge
  • Options
    I think they hoped it would make people embrace Sims 4 more fondly instead the people went back to Sims 2!
  • Options
    joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    LOL I know right? so they try and get rid of it all together so we'll have no choice :neutral:

If they spent a bit of time updating sims 2 they could re release it and make an absolute fortune but then all the money they invested into sims 4 would go down the drain LOL. Even better, turn sims 4 into sims 2 and don't leave anything out! problem solved.
    I took the pledge
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I'm a TS3 fan but I've heard and seen so much good things involving Sims 2, the baby/tots interactions get me everytime that I plan on trying out the Sims 2 UC which was greats news for me as I looked for eps for Sims 2 and couldn't find one nicest thing EA could have done for me :)
    I remember watching a premade family and was shocked at how lively they were that noogie interaction and kiss on the mouth was so fun especially when the girl wiped her mouth afterwards :)