Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no vampirism cure at science facility?

for some reason every time I go click on the science facility as my vampire the option to buy a vampirism cure does not show up. Does anyone have a solution for this? is this a bug? I'm aware you can get a cure from the elixir shop, but I don't have that lot in my town and i'd like to avoid placing it

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Do you have Late Night installed? That might be a LN only option. I tried searching for a definitive answer but couldn't find one. I have both LN and SP and have never played one without the other, so I don't know.

You could have your sim learn the alchemy skill and make the Potent Cure potion directly.
  • Options
    ragus321ragus321 Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2015
    yeah, i dont have late night, so that might be it
  • Options
    TiaBaddTiaBadd Posts: 104 Member
    It is an LN option, but Ragus321 i have some cure elixirs just add me on Sims 3 and I'll send em to you.
  • Options
    JenwalesJenwales Posts: 110 Member
    I've never heard of that. You can get a friend (or maybe just someone their in a relationship with) to ask them to forsake it? At least you can with witches and fairies. The other solution is to get someone to send you the elixir. But I don't think it's always in the shop I don't mind but I don't know when I'll be playing the sims next. If you're not in a rush friend me (i can't remember how to do it lol) and as soon as I find the elixir I'll send it to you.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If you have Supernatural, but not Late Night, there are 2 cures for vampirism available. One is to have a witch of maximum spellcasting skill use the Sunlight charm on the vampire. The other is a Potent Cure Elixir which can be made with the Alchemy skill or, when available, purchased at the Alchemist consignment shop.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    If you have Supernatural, but not Late Night, there are 2 cures for vampirism available. One is to have a witch of maximum spellcasting skill use the Sunlight charm on the vampire. The other is a Potent Cure Elixir which can be made with the Alchemy skill or, when available, purchased at the Alchemist consignment shop.

The Sunlight Charm won't cure a vampire, it will just give them the Too Much Sun Moodlet. I found out this by accident. But it will take a werewolf, and force them to change back into their human form, but won't cure them either. It will cure zombies though.
  • Options
    I was misinformed, then - thank you! And good to know that charm will return Weres to human form - I have been itching for a way to do that.
  • Options
    I was misinformed, then - thank you! And good to know that charm will return Weres to human form - I have been itching for a way to do that.

Just don't attempt it on a werewolf during the night of a full moon, well, unless it was turned into a zombie. It won't work as well, the full moon is just too powerful.
  • Options
    I'll keep that in mind! My witch isn't quite up there with her Charms yet, but I have noticed that NPC werewolves that transform tend not to autonomously change back, and it looks ...odd. :) So I want to be able to fix them.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Jenwales wrote: »
    I've never heard of that. You can get a friend (or maybe just someone their in a relationship with) to ask them to forsake it? At least you can with witches and fairies. The other solution is to get someone to send you the elixir. But I don't think it's always in the shop I don't mind but I don't know when I'll be playing the sims next. If you're not in a rush friend me (i can't remember how to do it lol) and as soon as I find the elixir I'll send it to you.

Acually, other sim with romantic interest can ask to forsake it. After that, you must send your vampire to Vault of Antiquity to turn your sim to normal. It's with all Supernatural expansion pack life stages, exept zombies and toads...
  • Options
    GlimmerCloveGlimmerClove Posts: 90 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

The Sunlight Charm won't cure a vampire, it will just give them the Too Much Sun Moodlet. I found out this by accident. But it will take a werewolf, and force them to change back into their human form, but won't cure them either. It will cure zombies though.

I didn't know Sunlight Charm cursed vampires with too much sun...*adds that to list of torture methods for misbehaving vampires*
    So if a vampire sim is cursed with pestillence curse and you want to cure them, sunlight charm won't work?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I didn't know Sunlight Charm cursed vampires with too much sun...*adds that to list of torture methods for misbehaving vampires*
    So if a vampire sim is cursed with pestillence curse and you want to cure them, sunlight charm won't work?

In this case I would recommend giving a vampire a bottle of Cure Elixir. It will cure them of the pestillence curse, but won't cure them of their vampirism.