March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still awaiting for EA to fix Sims 3

1235...Next

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had a few glitches recently with traits and I managed to get that one fixed.I also got the ice cream truck glitch fixed be resetting it and it vanished because it wasn't supposed to be there anymore.I've also got home schooling as the only school listed as public in story progression's settings.I did that to be able to stop having children and kids assigned to a school rabbit hole.I also installed a Mod to remove the full moon lunacy because I hate how it stops your sims from being able to function.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    When you delete a sim in Sims 3 it creates the same corruption you get in Sims 2 - but in Sims 3 case you are mainly just making the Sim invisible to you and the AI still sees it as being in the game. In Sims 2 you could counter that if you used to Simpe to remove the sims and all it's files - but in Sims 3 of course that is not possible - and the only way I know to safely remove sims is via the mod that annihilates them - either Twallans or Pescado's. Twallans is you best bet as Pescado would have to stay in your game - while Twallans can be removed if you don't want mods in your game - after the annihilation. But deleting Sims in 3 has the same rule as Sims 2 - don't do it - you are just making them invisible and still part of the headcount of sims in your game.

The only correct way to remove a ghost in Sims 3 is send the ghost to the Netherworld. Deleting a tombstone does not delete the ghost. But to send the ghost to the Netherworld I always befriend them first, put their tombstone into their inventory, so they cannot go into it - then click on them until you eventually get the option to send them to the Netherworld. They will vanish taking their tombstone with them leaving no sign they were ever in the world. I like the ghosts myself - so I generally just move them all to a Cemetary - but they do come home to visit now and then and may be annoying - so to the Netherworld they go if they get to annoying.

Yes adding lots does still break the routing - but if you have Twallan main mods they don't really fix the issues caused by the broken routing but they do keep sims and spawning things from becoming hopelessly trapped. You can put a map in to CAW that has used the World editor (it is not easy to do for everyone - but if you do you can see all the broken routing in the world where the lots are added. That is why CAW has a rebuild routing tool as the map is designed when you are working in CAW after adding and removing lots - in CAW you can click on the "rebuild routing button" that fixes all the broken routing when in CAW - but unfortunately the ingame world editor does not have a rebuild routing button - but if you use a ton of mods from twallan they just keep sims from getting stuck in all the broken routing - so unless you put you game into caw you can't see that the routing is broken. In CAW you can see all the crisscrossed lines all disconnected and such so the game will not run as smoothly as it was if the routing wasn't broken but you won't get the freezes or crashes you'd get from all the breaks if you have mods to keep the sims from getting stuck. You still generally feel constant little hesitations though even with the mods. When testing a CAW made world I can tell within a few minutes in the world if the creator has remembered to rebuild routing before placing the world link out there for testing. In worlds where there is no broken routing they run smooth as silk with zero hesitations even with no mods. (The one exception seems to be IP - as it has a few water routing issues I never found a fix for. So using a boat can still have hesitations - but not very serious as long as all the land issues are corrected, as well as a couple other issues in IP - there is an issue with the gym/school combo - I remove building and place seperate buildings on lots - and there is a large family in the game that is messed up (like the Ottomas were in Sims 2) where I think the family is corrupted - I forget their name off the top of my head as the version of the IP world I play has long since had them annihilated.

If you want to see how it works, some things to avoid and things to do - read the following -

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption

Even though this was mostly written for the Sims 2 - it is the same rules pretty much for Sims 3 as well. With Sims 3 also having a few issues Sims 2 didn't get because Sims 3 has IP - a different corrupted family, school gym combo's that have issues and of course routing under water.

It is a different story if you are playing Sims 4 so the above read is solely for Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Okay Found the problem family in IP - the Scotts family - they can be fixed now apparently - as see:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Scott_family
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I'm building an apartment complex and I used the hidden room markers for the rooms that are unused. Now I have not had an issue with my game concerning buy/build mode until now. I cannot delete anything. The menu simply does not come up to drag and delete items. I know about the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings true cheat and that is what I have been using to edit the apartment. So I blame it on the hidden room markers and delete them with the sledgehammer. But of course that does not fix the issue and I still cannot delete things in the usual fashion. Also earlier after saving my lot and going back in to edit, all the markers were unhidden. Maybe this has to do with the combination of using the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings cheat and confused the game and it didn't know how to act.

I've tried going to edit town mode and back to buy/build but the same. Then I tried returning to game in Live mode going to buy/build, same. So I saved my lot and quit without saving, restarted my save and continued building without the hidden room markers. Just made the walls, ceilings and floors pitch black...there problem solved. Or so I hope.

A little too late I've researched that you are supposed to use the hidden room markers last after done all the building, decorating, etc. I just feel like there is so much information to this game I do not know.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I'm building an apartment complex and I used the hidden room markers for the rooms that are unused. Now I have not had an issue with my game concerning buy/build mode until now. I cannot delete anything. The menu simply does not come up to drag and delete items. I know about the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings true cheat and that is what I have been using to edit the apartment. So I blame it on the hidden room markers and delete them with the sledgehammer. But of course that does not fix the issue and I still cannot delete things in the usual fashion. Also earlier after saving my lot and going back in to edit, all the markers were unhidden. Maybe this has to do with the combination of using the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings cheat and confused the game and it didn't know how to act.

I've tried going to edit town mode and back to buy/build but the same. Then I tried returning to game in Live mode going to buy/build, same. So I saved my lot and quit without saving, restarted my save and continued building without the hidden room markers. Just made the walls, ceilings and floors pitch black...there problem solved. Or so I hope.

A little too late I've researched that you are supposed to use the hidden room markers last after done all the building, decorating, etc. I just feel like there is so much information to this game I do not know.

Rflong may be able to give you answers on this as she is a whiz at making all sorts of apartments and builds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....