Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still awaiting for EA to fix Sims 3

As the title states. I'm tired of repeating myself but I want to see a fix for all the lousy bugs in Sims 3 that have been bombarding me and many others for years. There's plenty of them, just read the original forums and you'll see page after page of people complaining about lockups, crashes, glitches, pathing issues etc that go back years ago. I've waited long enough, I demand a fix for what I've paid for else I want a full refund of all purchases.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I think we would all like a fix.

Since I know EA are not going to refund anything, and I have no expectation that they will ever do anything to fix the problems I am simply enjoying what I've already got, and using lots of mods to make the game work and not buying Sims 4 expansions. They have enough of my money.

I must say though that my Sims 3 game runs pretty well on my gaming laptop with a few mods. I'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had to start using Mods to correct the many bugs and glitches with the game including the worst of them which affected the EA "story progression" and made it a major bug-fest for most of us.I was hit especially hard with that one and was forced to use 88 NRaas Mod files and tons of other Mods to fix the bugs and glitches EA never could fix.The game runs very well on my laptop with almost all packs and tons of CC.I use story progression from the many Mods I've got in place of the EA bug-fest which ruined too many of my older games to count them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    I love Twallan's mods and that is why I won't be buying TS4...because I simply don't trust EA. We need someone new who loves The Sims to come up with a rival BETTER game....it shouldn't be too hard...
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Don't hold your breath.

And I'm bothered by the bugs left in the game too, but I'm still able to play without mods, and I understand that keeping development/support going for an old title when there's a new one in the series is ultimately a waste.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2015
    Only mods I am using are Twallans mods and it's not solving the issues I have. Isla Paradiso is a lag fest, as is some of the travel cities in World Adventures. I'm not getting beyond the first generation of sims because it is constantly stopping and starting every few seconds, it's ridiculous! There's always a chance that it'll hang either during the loading screen or whilst in the game and not recover, I've left it overnight in that state and it never recovered. I've lost hours of progress and countless games due to this, and eventually I'll be hit by the "a fatal error has occurred" bug and that's that game over. I've done everything in the book from reinstalling Sims to updating drivers and deleting cache files but the problem remains, and considering these issues have been ongoing by countless others for years it's not a simple case of "your gfx driver is 0.01 version out of date" or "you need to reinstall Sims 3", it's Sims 3 itself being a broken mess.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I love Twallan's mods and that is why I won't be buying TS4...because I simply don't trust EA. We need someone new who loves The Sims to come up with a rival BETTER game....it shouldn't be too hard...

I'm in college for game design and plan on trying to do so ^.^
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Only mods I am using are Twallans mods and it's not solving the issues I have. Isla Paradiso is a lag fest, as is some of the travel cities in World Adventures. I'm not getting beyond the first generation of sims because it is constantly stopping and starting every few seconds, it's ridiculous! There's always a chance that it'll hang either during the loading screen or whilst in the game and not recover, I've left it overnight in that state and it never recovered. I've lost hours of progress and countless games due to this, and eventually I'll be hit by the "a fatal error has occurred" bug and that's that game over. I've done everything in the book from reinstalling Sims to updating drivers and deleting cache files but the problem remains, and considering these issues have been ongoing by countless others for years it's not a simple case of "your gfx driver is 0.01 version out of date" or "you need to reinstall Sims 3", it's Sims 3 itself being a broken mess.

Ella Charmed made a fixed version of Isla Paradiso world that I have installed. This is a link to her site and she has provided a link to where you can get her world on Mod The Sims but that site seems to be down right now and I can't post the link.

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/isla-paradiso/
    This link is to ellacharmed site
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    [Ella Charmed made a fixed version of Isla Paradiso world that I have installed. This is a link to her site and she has provided a link to where you can get her world on Mod The Sims but that site seems to be down right now and I can't post the link.

Thank you! I have Isla Paradiso but have been hesitant to install because of all the bad press. :)

• Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    [Ella Charmed made a fixed version of Isla Paradiso world that I have installed. This is a link to her site and she has provided a link to where you can get her world on Mod The Sims but that site seems to be down right now and I can't post the link.

Thank you! I have Isla Paradiso but have been hesitant to install because of all the bad press. :)

Getting the fixed version, plus using overwatch to correct stuck Sims, cleaned up all the lag for me in IP!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »

Haha, me too! :)
  • ZandalarZandalar Posts: 88 Member
    OMG YES! If we find someone to do this, I will gladly help fund it!

YAY! I'll be your tester! I will gladly do that yup!!

Ok... maybe a little too excited there... but seriously I'm so done with them screwing up the sims but I want to play the sims. D:

421342.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    EA wont bother with Sims 3 any longer, I'm sorry to say :(
    However, most of the problems with Isla Paradiso are fixable, and on Build Mode level, without having to resort to CAW.
    Below are a list of fixes that you can make to some houses. I've done all of these and my IP runs at least 90% better. As I've been picking up tips from different people and just saving them to a text file, I no longer remember who initially took the time to search out all these fixes, but I am so very grateful they did.

Edit to highlight two VERY easy fixes:

Remove the house the medina family lives in.
    Remove the house the Amigos live in.
    You can move the sims in both families to other houses, they are ok.

Do NOT delete these premade simmies! Move them all in other houses, but do NOT DELETE

If your lag is the result of sims getting stuck this should improve things a lot. Maybe then the rest of the thread will help solving the last little laggy bits

I fixed front doors and lot fronts of all the lots. ( a lot of the the houses had their front door set inside the house! (example the house where the Collins live and the Adobe Abode)

In a lot of the houses, the toilets were in front of the showers/baths, so they were unroutable. ( the houseboat where Rubisel Ichtaca lives)

I also put some rocks where al the npc's got stuck near the premium port.

IP Houses to Delete

Icatcha
    Scott
    Los Amigos
    Medina

If it still lags, then remove those houses as well:

The Romantic
    The Prince
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    Waiting-for-Nintendo.jpg still waiting.......

UrMeatisNeat

Ella Charmed made a fixed version of Isla Paradiso world that I have installed. This is a link to her site and she has provided a link to where you can get her world on Mod The Sims but that site seems to be down right now and I can't post the link.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if her version of IP was broken or not as I did use her stuff a while back but when I went to china half the lots were flattened and unroutable so I removed all of them. I'll retry it.

Excellent, can't wait to see what it'll be like. :) I know that some team took Simcity Online, rewrote the code, and called it Cities Skylines. It's much more better and more dynamic and doesn't require making a megacity of skyliners to achieve a comfortable population.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2015
    Seems OP may be expecting EA's customer care department to provide them with this

dnf1jb.jpg

and doesn't seem to realize this is how EA has typically perceived their customers since 1992

3134q3b.jpg

and so needs to learn the truth behind the top 4 tenants that drive EA's customer service department:

Tenant #4
    v8mwzl.jpg

Tenant #3
    vh7vgw.jpg

Tenant #2
    20a9fgl.jpg

Tenant #1:
    2uzf4p1.jpg

and when they do, they will have realized they hit rock bottom. After which--as many TS3 simmers have done months before--they'll finally achieve this epiphany

23hvuhf.jpg

cheers
    Meme spam doesn't go down well with me I'm afraid, I get enough of it from Facebook and tend to block and ignore the ones who do it.
    edited April 2015
    Oh, no improvements with ellacharmed's world I'm afraid, it's still laggy and glitchy and sometimes just hangs indefinitely.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ellacharmed's world is only part of the solution to successful play in Isla Paradiso. I've also had to take most of the steps @Pary outlined above in addition, as well as disallowing wild horses because they keep getting stuck on islands and in odd places adding back to the lag. Plus NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register are essential in this world, even more so than usual. You did mention our mods but not which ones you were using specifically. Without Register in particular, one tends to get 5,000 or so Resort Workers being spawned but never instantiated (materializing on screen) because around 4,995 of them are just not necessary.

I've had fun playing in the IP world, but it sure it a lot of work to get things fixed. Many other players prefer to play with the IP content elsewhere, including some nicely made custom tropical worlds with resorts, etc. built in but without all the overhead and glitches that Isla Paradiso provides.

Edit: Just to add it's especially a shame to have to bulldoze the Ichtaca castle inland because it's so nice looking. But that one is hopelessly flawed and nothing seems to be able to fix it. Whoever designed it was either totally in love with MoveObjectsOn or something similar, or they had rocks in their head (probably a combination of both).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2015
    Want to know how to get through to EA better than a refund,do not buy the next product they release....Oh that's right everybody went and done it anyway instead of using it as a last straw op.People that were not satisfied with issues that EA was clearly aware of in 3 yet ignored and happily spit out new packs without fixing the old.I am only one person but do not support and will not buy Sims 4 like others should have.And even remember seeing certain players in the Sims 3 forums saying I am not going to..blah blah yet I see them happily posting on the Sims 4 forum and posting Sims 4 game screenies.If everybody was like me stuff would get done in the world,a refund will get one person 30 bucks back on a purchase.But not buying Sims 4 would have cost all the electricity from equipment time used to make it,all the salaries of those used to create it,all the research and development,all the advertising dollars,all the physical product itself.... I could go on.Tired of people talking just to talk or fit in and be in the moment.I wanted things fixed from EA too but guess who will not buy into 4,me.... and again I am one guy which is sad nobody else knows how to stick to their guns.So enjoy playing your Sims 4 and rewarding a company for faulty products by being loyal.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited April 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    Ellacharmed's world is only part of the solution to successful play in Isla Paradiso. I've also had to take most of the steps @Pary outlined above in addition, as well as disallowing wild horses because they keep getting stuck on islands and in odd places adding back to the lag.

Ah, how do you do this? I tried disabling animals and my townies are still adopting pets and still finding wild horses roaming around tiny parks and displaying routing issues. I'll try using Register too, I think I removed it because it kept assigning townies to doing odd jobs that I couldn't talk to them over the phone because they were always busy. Actually can't remember if it was that mod but pretty sure it was.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    Register is the mod that controls Role/Service sims. Wild animals fall into that category. You can just shut them right down by species on a per world basis with, on City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > Register > Animal Control.

As for the humans in Role/Service positions, the newer versions of Register offer a lot more flexibility than before. You can disengage specific sims from their Roles if you want to engage them socially, move their assignments around, prevent or force resident sims to take up some of those Role slots, declare particular objects of your choice (cash registers, bars, stylist chairs, etc.) to be unstaffed temporarily without having to remove them from play, etc. Check out the revised command set:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register+Interactions

But sims' pet animals are different. Those are resident sims, even though they tend to have four legs and fur, and are controlled on/off by Game Options and, in more detail, by StoryProgression. If you use SP to set population caps for each species, the inactive adoptions and litter births should stop once the caps are reached -- though your own sims can still adopt beyond that point. If you find that domestic (pet) horses still roam around town getting into trouble, trying to take water taxis, etc., then perhaps horses should just be switched off entirely in Isla Paradiso. I was prepared to do that but never had to go quite that far while playing there.

But also if you want to make this world work properly, you almost have to do something with that Ichtaca castle and the others mentioned (Scott, Medina, Los Amigos). The sims who live there for the most part can't even get in and out of their front doors and the game goes nuts constantly trying to re-route them even if you aren't interacting with those sims at all during your play session. There are also some additional lots that are positioned backwards, as if the front doors were around the back even though I don' think they really are, and cause difficulties for the sims living there to get in and out. But those additional ones just made for some silly looking scenes in my game as I was scanning around town rather than breaking everything.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Ellacharmed's world is only part of the solution to successful play in Isla Paradiso. I've also had to take most of the steps @Pary outlined above in addition, as well as disallowing wild horses because they keep getting stuck on islands and in odd places adding back to the lag.

Ah, how do you do this? I tried disabling animals and my townies are still adopting pets and still finding wild horses roaming around tiny parks and displaying routing issues. I'll try using Register too, I think I removed it because it kept assigning townies to doing odd jobs that I couldn't talk to them over the phone because they were always busy. Actually can't remember if it was that mod but pretty sure it was.

There is also a setting in OW to turn off pet adoption (OW>Settings>Stop Pet Adoption>True default is set to false). I've done this along with what Igazor has described. I've also used MC's total annihilation on excess Pets in town too, but I've heard that can lead to game corruptions, so the latter you might handle with care.

BTW, I'm trying to use Rflong's Legacy III world to include the IP stuff, because I got so fed up with the IP world lag. TBH, IP made me throw up my hands and walk away from sims for quite awhile.

• Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    Sunset Valley, 2nd Final Edition, has a lot of the IP resorts and even some dive lots spread throughout it: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/380928/sunset-valley-second-edition-final-version-available-now/p1

This is the world I play in and love it! I played a previous version up until a few months ago, that I had going for several years. There's plenty of empty space in it for new lots! It's pretty large, though. But my computer has no problem handling it.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I deleted some households and the world played fine.
    oh3cjs.jpg