Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I'm playing two sisters who have moved out together. One recently got married and her husband moved in with them. The other is in a relationship and just woohoo'd for the first time (it was great btw). The new husband was walking into that room, I looked to see what he was going to do it said "React to inappropriate behavior" It is the first time that I saw this. Its hilarious, what is his problem?
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Maybe he's unflirty? My unflirty sim once had a whim to "reprimand public intimacy" or something along those lines.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Do you find yourself with the pet glitch that does not allow you to lecture your pet? If you save your game, then send them off for adoption, you can adopt them back. Cons to this are that your pet might return with different traits and your family will have a sad moodlet, but at least you can lecture them now.

I have one that won't let me interact with them at all except to let them out to go potty.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I Learned 3 things from playing today.

1. If you look closely at curtains, there's a swaying animation.

2. I Had a sad sim playing Blicblock on the hologram gaming thing, and he had a different animation.

3. I had a toddler in the highchair. His uncle went to ask him for flash cards, sat down, and called the mom over to get the toddler out of the highchair.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    So two of my sims were woohooing, and I left them to do their business. Honestly it was taking a little too long so I came back to check on them one of them made an awful noise and the other laughed and I watched one have negative moodlets while the other had positive moodlet. Apparently one had a bad performance. :D:D
    BGateGWayB wrote: »
    So two of my sims were woohooing, and I left them to do their business. Honestly it was taking a little too long so I came back to check on them one of them made an awful noise and the other laughed and I watched one have negative moodlets while the other had positive moodlet. Apparently one had a bad performance. :D:D

I Need to start playing with my sound on more often :D
    For some reason, that reminded me of when i was watching my sims woohooing (i thought their toddlers were asleep) and suddenly, one of the toddlers just toddles on in and watches them do their thing :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Yara_WinchesterYara_Winchester Posts: 16 Member
    > @LyricSimsz15 said:
    > BGateGWayB wrote: »
    >
    > So two of my sims were woohooing, and I left them to do their business. Honestly it was taking a little too long so I came back to check on them one of them made an awful noise and the other laughed and I watched one have negative moodlets while the other had positive moodlet. Apparently one had a bad performance. :D :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I Need to start playing with my sound on more often :D
    > For some reason, that reminded me of when i was watching my sims woohooing (i thought their toddlers were asleep) and suddenly, one of the toddlers just toddles on in and watches them do their thing :joy:

wow that must have been awkward for the poor little thing ;D
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Did you know, when your Sim has completed the Charisma skills, that when you click on a different Sim, there are options in asking for money. There's Ask For Small Loan, Ask For Medium Loan, and Ask For Large Loan
  • CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I don't know if this has been said or not, but a child can click on the "Wheeled Trash Bin" to "look for discarded toys" if you have one of those trash cans outside. My Sim child was standing behind it, and I clicked on him, and clicked again quickly and it targeted the trash can and that came up.
    Origin ID: CieloSims
    > @LyricSimsz15 said:
    > BGateGWayB wrote: »
    >
    > So two of my sims were woohooing, and I left them to do their business. Honestly it was taking a little too long so I came back to check on them one of them made an awful noise and the other laughed and I watched one have negative moodlets while the other had positive moodlet. Apparently one had a bad performance. :D:D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I Need to start playing with my sound on more often :D
    > For some reason, that reminded me of when i was watching my sims woohooing (i thought their toddlers were asleep) and suddenly, one of the toddlers just toddles on in and watches them do their thing :joy:

wow that must have been awkward for the poor little thing ;D

Nah, he was just like "Hey guys." :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    If you have Parenthood, and you enable debug items in build/buy, you can find half of the teddy and baby doll doctor sets. The bear's description is "The bear is bearly a bear! He's bearly there!" and the baby's is "SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL PUT THIS BABY BACK TOGETHER". :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Paint on your pets can be passed down genetically.

Really? I haven't had that happen at all. In fact this was something I was disappointed about because none of my pets are inheriting paint marks. Do you have pictures?

I did see, in Andrew Arcade's Let's Play on Twitch, that his puppy inherited a star marking from his mother. He was born in game. So I think it is possible, but probably random. :)

That's true. I had two Labrador Retrievers and they had pups. The mom was brown with a blonde heart while the dad was blonde. One pup was brown with a blond heart and the other was blonde.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Pressing alt with the + and - on the num lock side of the keyboard switches between colors of an object you're holding.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • SimkexinSimkexin Posts: 2 New Member
    I didn’t know that, if you present your offering to the wishing well ( from romantic garden stuff pack) the statue will open his eyes and smile ! So cute!
  • SimkexinSimkexin Posts: 2 New Member
    Ermmm...wonder if you guys know or saw before? I am playing amber stein and when she take selfie with Armand, they have a small little gnome there! I was like....LOL!
    Simkexin wrote: »
    Ermmm...wonder if you guys know or saw before? I am playing amber stein and when she take selfie with Armand, they have a small little gnome there! I was like....LOL!
    That's considered a 'poor quality' photo. Lol!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I've always wondered what the microwave is for, considering its food always gives sims a bad moodlet, until I recently discovered that a properly upgraded microwave actually produces very tasty food. Knowing this, the microwave will always be among the first household items I'll upgrade in the future.
    It never occurred to me that the teen named Darling Walsh was female. I had Alex Brooks encourage his sister in law to hook up with the sim and the notification bubble referred to Darling as 'she'. Well, I think they're a couple now!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    It never occurred to me that the teen named Darling Walsh was female. I had Alex Brooks encourage his sister in law to hook up with the sim and the notification bubble referred to Darling as 'she'. Well, I think they're a couple now!

Yep, Darling is a female who wears male clothing. I absolutely love her! :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    I learned that memories apparently used to be a thing... and now no longer?
    I learned that memories apparently used to be a thing... and now no longer?

They are in the screenshots menu. Sims can reminiscence on memories/screenshots they are tagged in.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    The Magnolia Blossom lot in WC is off-centered on the map screen, the picture overlaps the white lines.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I learned the hard way one day that when you save spoiled fish that you've caught in an aquarium, it doesn't hide the fact they're still spoiled inside the aquarium. The whole living room in the house had the trashcan moodlet and had a devil of a time turning over everything in the living room until I finally decided to throw away the caught fish in the living room aquarium. :(
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I learned today that Elder male sims can be abducted and get pregnant from it. I had never even thought about it but having googled it I realise that this is a thing, I just am still getting to grips with GTW and in TS2 that never happened. I had one alien abduction result in a pregnancy after multiple abductions before he was an elder and I was really happy with him having one alien child - she's the youngest of six children now in the family and a teenager.

Her biological Dad is now an elder, and he and his partner (same sex couple) have both been abducted in the last couple of sim days, but his partner is not pregnant. I had assumed neither could get pregnant as elders...However, I thought Take looked a bit round around the middle today..then thought no, he's just aged up, maybe it's that. THEN he got the moodlet. O.o. So apparently alien daughter Neptuna is about to get an alien sister or brother. I love having surprises like this...

I have only had GTW since Black Friday, so I am still finding new things to explore :smiley:
  • MadiikinsMadiikins Posts: 3 New Member
    thats crazy I didn't know that

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top