Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Did anyone know there's a hidden aspiration? You unlock it by eating three grilled cheese sandwiches in a row. I found out yesterday.

@AHolyToilet I knew there was some sort of bonus in game tied to the grilled cheese sandwich but I didn't know the trick to earning it. Thanks for sharing this 'delicious' tip with us :smiley: I'll give it a try today! Happy simming always ♥
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2017
    Your Sim can get a free poster off the back of the metal locker/boxes in the park in City Living. They come with a corner torn. I'd include a picture, but I don't seem to be able to do that....
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Your Sim can get a free poster off the back of the metal locker/boxes in the park in City Living. They come with a corner torn. I'd include a picture, but I don't seem to be able to do that....

Hello
    This link has a list of the posters
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Posters

To post pictures on the forums, upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic . Right click the picture on the photo sharing website and click copy , or copy the image code web address . The picture button is the button with the little file picture on it above the forum post. Press the picture button above your post , paste the image address into the box, then press the enter button. Then the image address will be in your post ready to appear when posting your post. Make sure that the file ends in .jpg, .png or.gif
    Another way to post the picture is to type [img][/img] in the post and put the image code web address from the picture sharing site in between them.
    This thread may also help
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p
  • LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks rosemow. I was hoping there was a way to share photos inline without using a hosting site. Based on your response, I guess there isn't....
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Thanks rosemow. I was hoping there was a way to share photos inline without using a hosting site. Based on your response, I guess there isn't....

I am sorry. You do need to use an image hosting site.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Parents can teach their toddlers how to say please and thank you and to say sorry.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Your Sim can get splashed while standing near a pool and not swimming himself.

The Moodlet Solver doesn't fill thirst bar in case of vampires.

• LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    @Simfan923 *shudders* Creepy :confounded:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I didn't know that there was a way to stop being "stuck" at a community lot, because of the "A Vampire Is Breaking In Bug", IF you have MC Command Center. Just find the vampire on the lot or surrounding area (in my case it was Caleb Vatore, stuck in the bathroom), click on them, choose MC Command Center, choose Sim Cheats, choose Make Sim Leave. The vamp will leave and you will be able to travel again. This bug can make Sims get very low Needs, particularly the Sleep Need, if there are no beds on the lot, because it can go on for hours. I have tried resetting the vamps, which you can do without MCCC, but have not had that work so far. You can always try it, tho, not totally ruling it out.

also another thing you can do to leave without needing MCC is to have a club with your own house as a meeting point. The game apparently overlaps the fact that a vampire is breaking in especially if you are on a public lot, starting a club gathering and the pop-up of wanting to go to the meet-point (your house in this case) will cancel the vampire breaking in and you are back in your house with no vampire breaking in (you can even go back to the public lot where you were! :D;)

Ah, very good thinking and research! Thanks for letting us know. That bug can be very pesky, but thanks to your discovering this, players can solve it without a mod if they have Get Together.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Parents can teach their toddlers how to say please and thank you and to say sorry.

Yup! Please and thank you affect their Manners and saying sorry, I think, affects their Emotional Control. I could be wrong on the second part.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Yup! Please and thank you affect their Manners and saying sorry, I think, affects their Emotional Control. I could be wrong on the second part.

I believe that saying sorry affects Conflict Resolution :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »

I believe that saying sorry affects Conflict Resolution :)

Yes. Conflict Resolution. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    @Simfan923 *shudders* Creepy :confounded:

Right? I was like yeah we’re going to put these headphones back :lol:
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    edited October 2017
    Did you know waiters/waitresses from TS4 Dine Out can drop your order? I learnt the hard way! :#
    [img][/img]Ji3Blgj.png
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I just realized that if I make a pot of tea, I can stop my sim from drinking the cup and he will place it in the fridge. I do this for all the cups so I have days of instant focus (or whatever benefit you get from the tea) instead of a spoiled pot of tea. Yay for iced tea!
    Blasphemy. It's hot tea or nothing! >:U

(That's a neat trick, though!)
  • sheshysheshy Posts: 111 Member
    I recently figured out that all the sound effects are completely original. So much for EA and Maxis being lazy, huh?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I didn't know that swimming will improve your hygiene. I also didn't know that if you use the promote career cheat after your sim has reached level 10 of their career you can use the cheat to increase your salary.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I didn't know that swimming will improve your hygiene. I also didn't know that if you use the promote career cheat after your sim has reached level 10 of their career you can use the cheat to increase your salary.

The hot tube can also improve your hygiene
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    @aprilrose Thank you for sharing that tip on increasing our sims salary when they've reached career level 10 :smile: I'm going to try this one! Happy simming always :smile:
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• renee_eenerrenee_eener Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Hittman70 said:
    > I recently figured out that all the sound effects are completely original. So much for EA and Maxis being lazy, huh?

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. Haha
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    In San Myshuno you can find boxes that give you snowglobes

That's pretty neato
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Did you know that sometimes when a child is using the science table and the experiment explodes, he/she will say "Goobleck!" which is actually the name of one of the elements you can collect (which "has been scientifically proven to have the best name out of all elements" :D ).
    aSE16f8.gif
  • BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    Did any of you know that your Sims can have multiple boyfriend/girlfriends at the same time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top