Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't want pets as the 2nd EP.

ASimsFanatic2015ASimsFanatic2015 Posts: 208 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Honestly I really didn't like the idea of them in The Sims 3 like at all, they became really annoying pretty easily even if you controlled them, If they are going to be in The Sims 4 they need to make it so there are ways to turn other pets off that randomly come into your lot and trash the place or spawn a whole bunch of other animals too.
Post edited by ASimsFanatic2015 on

Comments

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I guess there will always be pro and cons to any optional expansion or game pack. I personally would love to see Pets with a city life theme. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't care about controlling them tbh. I just want them!
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I get how pets could be annoying for some people. They could be for me at times, but I'd still like to see them. I'm just not sure about having them as the next EP.

The world seems small, and I'd like to see that expanded first via a world editor/neighborhood/public space editor, or the addition of some more neighborhoods and/or worlds. Adding pets first seems like cramming more stuff into a world that seems small. I would also like to see some more family things like toddlers/pre-schoolers, intergenerational activities, etc. The addition of a color wheel wouldn't hurt either. Some of these things may still have a chance at appearing in a patch prior to Pets, which would be great.

In any case, I'm thinking that the same way we have arguably 'smarter Sims', we're likely to get 'smarter pets' that take care of themselves a bit better, and are possibly more fun because they should be able to interact more and multi-task. Group activities for pets could make dog parks fun.

Hopefully, they will include a way to block strays for those that find them a nuisance.
  • ASimsFanatic2015ASimsFanatic2015 Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2015
    greenXen wrote: »
    I get how pets could be annoying for some people. They could be for me at times, but I'd still like to see them. I'm just not sure about having them as the next EP.

The world seems small, and I'd like to see that expanded first via a world editor/neighborhood/public space editor, or the addition of some more neighborhoods and/or worlds. Adding pets first seems like cramming more stuff into a world that seems small. I would also like to see some more family things like toddlers/pre-schoolers, intergenerational activities, etc. The addition of a color wheel wouldn't hurt either. Some of these things may still have a chance at appearing in a patch prior to Pets, which would be great.

In any case, I'm thinking that the same way we have arguably 'smarter Sims', we're likely to get 'smarter pets' that take care of themselves a bit better, and are possibly more fun because they should be able to interact more and multi-task. Group activities for pets could make dog parks fun.

Hopefully, they will include a way to block strays for those that find them a nuisance.

I highly agree with everything you just said, I too am hoping that the next ep is going to be something very similar to like nightlife or University however a lot of people are speculating the next ep is going to be pets which is why I made this thread hoping it's not going to be, probably the only new things we will get are the new pets and probably a new world like in The Sims 3 pets, Pets was just an overall boring expansion pack tbh. But if you can put them up and sign them into a show like on pet stories then I'll love it.
  • peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    I liked them in TS2 Where you didn't have to control them. But I do see where your getting at. They get really annoying sometimes. I ill be trying to go down stairs and they would block the stair case just to beg for food when they have some. Made my sim have to have her baby at home instead of the hospital. >:[
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    I would enjoy if they weren't such a hassle, I hate the idea of controlling pets.... give them good AI and it's alright but yes don't make an expansion based on pets... this game need to add better things to the core game asap
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I usually gave my Sims 3 pets high autonomy and they mostly take care of themselves with human supervision. Only rarely did I have to directly control them.

I like pets, so I wouldn't mind it being the next EP. But I have to admit that after four games, they've lost some of the appeal and excitement. Probably starting after TS2.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    To be honest, I think releasing pets as the next expansion would be a mistake. Something like nightlife (which I actually don't enjoy but it'd fit the theme of TS4 and give sims something to do - and hopefully apartments at least) or university (which I love) would be the smart choice. EA needs to build on making our sims more interesting before introducing pets which have a limited purpose.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm thinking if they did release pet's next they'd do it because it's a guarantee sell and not because it's the ep we necessarily "need" atm.

I want pets very much, but having more places to go, things to do, and complete family play is on the top of my list..

A gp like dining/bowling/arcade (w/e) would be nice to get if pet's was going to be our next ep. At least it'd add something more to do.

The way retail shops work doesn't really cut if for me.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    Combination of night life and pets :D
    Aussie_Simmer

Disco dog.

2q2puz7.jpg
    greenXen wrote: »

Disco dog.

2q2puz7.jpg

This
    Aussie_Simmer
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Please give sims more stuff to do first before thinking about animals thanks !
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I'd like to see a university or night life pack first, plus more land before pets.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd like seasons first I don't like it being sunny all the time.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    Guys.... they probably have DLC already lined up....
    Aussie_Simmer
  • lauren5509lauren5509 Posts: 78 Member
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't like to have pets next as although I am very much an animal person IRL, I don't think pets would add as much gameplay as a University EP or a Seasons one. I just think pets could come later when the. game has had other additions and when our sims can do more. Right now, our sims have hardly anything to do, aside from the GTW features
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I always liked the pets expansions. They've been some of my favorites across the entire series (those and the Night Life themed expansions). Honestly, if Pets comes along and looks really good, it could be the EP that tempts me to pick up TS4 again.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Same here. I don't like pets as a 2nd EP, unless we get some of our generational gameplay back first. (Toddlers for example!).

I don't mind a pets EP at all, but I think pets is nowhere near being 1st priority at this point.

And from what I've read from surveys in the past about the Sims 4, they are going to sell stuff like Snow, dogs and all that crap seperately in GP's, which I really don't like at all.

So I hope it won't be a dogs ''GP'', since they can also just make a pets EP. Imagine that we have to pay 20 dollars every time to get cats, dogs, snow, rain and all that plum. It's just stupid if you ask me.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

So I hope it won't be a dogs ''GP'', since they can also just make a pets EP. Imagine that we have to pay 20 dollars every time to get cats, dogs, snow, rain and all that plum. It's just stupid if you ask me.

If they make cats and dogs into separate GPs there's absolutely no way on this green earth that I'd even consider buying them. I think that would turn a lot of simmers off, so I really hope they're smarter than that. :confused:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Bonsai747Bonsai747 Posts: 121 Member
    [quote="MasonGamer;13547049"]I'd like seasons first I don't like it being sunny all the time.[/quote]

Seasons for TS3 was one of the last EPs, and for TS2, it was the fifth, so I don't think we'll get Seasons for TS4 as the second EP unless it is rushed and poorly done.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Bonsai747 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'd like seasons first I don't like it being sunny all the time.

Seasons for TS3 was one of the last EPs, and for TS2, it was the fifth, so I don't think we'll get Seasons for TS4 as the second EP unless it is rushed and poorly done.

Or unless they are going to sell snow, rain, thunder, hail, wind and all that stuff in GP's. $ 20,- a pop.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    As someone who has never been a huge fan of the pets expansion packs, I agree with you. I feel as though Pets are one of those things that add a little bit of novelty to the game and are fun to have at first... but quickly become tiresome and in the end they're often more trouble than they are really worth.

My main issue with pet expansions and why I generally prefer them to come later on is because pets just aren't fun in the game. It's strange; EA has always managed to simulate the annoyances quite well (i.e. cats scratching up furniture / dogs peeing in the house etc) but when it comes to all the fun things you can actually do with these animals who make up part of our family it always falls rather flat.

I'd love to be able to do more with the pets and so far I've not had a pets expansion pack actually deliver on that. I thought the horses in TS3 were a fantastic addition (I loved the show jumping) and you can do more with them than cats and dogs and I'd love for EA to do that more rather than phoning it in with letting our pets have careers where they go off to work on their own and become treasure hunters. Like, wut?

I'd love to ACTUALLY have a working dog, I think it would be really cool to have German Shepards tie in with the police and detective careers, sheepdogs managing the sheep on a farm, guide dogs... heck, I'd love for cats to chase and kill vermin in your sim's houses and hamsters to run around in those neon-coloured plastic balls. That kind of thing. Give them a purpose rather than making them a novelty that quickly becomes annoying. The whole reason we love our pets is because of how rewarding it is - they love us unconditionally, become a member of our family and do so, so much more for us than simply wrecking our houses and being noisy. I don't feel pets expansions have ever reflected that.

Unrelated to my personal feelings about pet expansion packs, I don't think it's the right time for it. The game needs a lot more right now than simply the addition of some furry (or scaly) friends.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I was really hoping we would get a farming expansion with pets included. I feel that it's looking less likely now.
    tFU6JMe.png
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    I was really hoping we would get a farming expansion with pets included. I feel that it's looking less likely now.

They've indicated that there are likely to be more EPs than previously, so it is still possible that there could be separate Pets & Farm expansions.