Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about us alien lovers???!! Want male pregnancy back!!

I know lots of people were having a rough time with too often alien abductions and male pregnancy. I understand. My husband was having a problem. On the other hand, I wanted it to really happen in my game, but for the life of me it would not happen! I want my male sim to be abducted, many times and I want to try for baby with an alien female and my male become pregnant!! But no!! You took that dream away from me! Why why why always go to extreme measures?! Here is what I've experience now since patch...

Well this really messed up my game play of wanting to have an male pregnancy by an alien or abduction. I just had my male sim spend an entire night woohooing with an alien female, not one night but two nights in a row. She didn't get pregnant until the second night and he still is not pregnant!!!! WTH....why ruin this aspect of the game for those of us who want this to happen??? They must have woohooed trying for baby at least a good 20 times!!! I just kept them going like freezer bunnies on a rampage!! But he is still not pregnant!! For real???

Why not just make a cheat or code to use to keep it from happening in each individuals game, that way it doesn't affect the people who want it to happen??? This just is so disappointing. Of course, I still have not been able to get an abduction to happen at all ever!!! Come on EA, this is not right. Some people bought the expansion just to have this as part of their gameplay!! Is my human male still able to get pregnant by an alien at all!!? Fix this so everyone is happy!!

Comments

• Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I agree!! Thankful my sim did get abducted and pregnant before this patch update but I was disappointed to see that the odds have been further reduced.

Can't we at least have some legitimate way to dramatically increase our sims odds of being abducted??
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    satorimoonsatorimoon Posts: 54 Member
    Thank you for adding your comment to this thread!! Yes I would just like some solution that helps everyone get what they want, either way.

I'm really afraid they broke the male pregnancy completely. I am doing more playtesting today.
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Maybe regular sims can't get pregnant from woohooing with alien female? Regular human males can only get pregnant from abduction and only alien males can get pregnant from trying for baby? But I am not too sure about this.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    They did lower the chance by a whole lot.....the only sim of mine that's gotten abducted got pregnant before the patch, and that's it. I was really surprised to see so many people complaining about too many abductions and babies because it only happened to me once and never again lol

It would be best to add in a way to get abducted for sure, for those people that really like aliens and want to play with them more.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I'm so glad I haven't downloaded the patch yet cause I don't want my abductions to be obsolete. It is already really hard to get abductions before the patch now it'll be impossible.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Have a sim that is a scientist. Get the sim that is a scientist high enough in the career to make the satalite dish. It has two great options, one is contact aliens. If contact aliens is activated, it will have about seven aliens come to the active lot for your sim to interact with. It also greatly increases the chances to be abducted. I turned it on after the patch, the first night ... boom, abduction.

The second best feature is prevent abductions. It turns off the active lot from getting abducted.

There are you are OP and anyone else. Have an option.
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    There was one simple solution - just let players cancel the abduction before it even begins. Everyone would be happy. But no. They are SMARTER, they have BETTER idea.
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Have a sim that is a scientist. Get the sim that is a scientist high enough in the career to make the satalite dish. It has two great options, one is contact aliens. If contact aliens is activated, it will have about seven aliens come to the active lot for your sim to interact with. It also greatly increases the chances to be abducted. I turned it on after the patch, the first night ... boom, abduction.

The second best feature is prevent abductions. It turns off the active lot from getting abducted.

That's good and all but I don't want all of my sims in the science career to get abducted. It should be random whether or not they are in the science career.
  • Options
    RemySims wrote: »

That's good and all but I don't want all of my sims in the science career to get abducted. It should be random whether or not they are in the science career.

You don't have to have all your sims in the science career. Just one. Get them to make the satalite dish. Take it home and set it down on the lot and activate.

Have the same said sim take it back to work, there he can clone it ( when the sim makes the cloning machine ) or just have him make three or four of them and when he visits whatever lots you play atm, have them place the satalite dish in the world. Then when you switch households, there is a satalite dish there.

And I do believe it is still random, the satalite dish greatly increases the chances to be abducted.
  • Options
    RemySims wrote: »

You don't have to have all your sims in the science career. Just one. Get them to make the satalite dish. Take it home and set it down on the lot and activate.

Have the same said sim take it back to work, there he can clone it ( when the sim makes the cloning machine ) or just have him make three or four of them and when he visits whatever lots you play atm, have them place the satalite dish in the world. Then when you switch households, there is a satalite dish there.

And I do believe it is still random, the satalite dish greatly increases the chances to be abducted.

I don't usually play more than one sim at a time unless I'm doing a rotation, so that wouldn't really work out well for me. It was never random for me before the patch and I doubt it'll be random at all after the patch. It's disappointing that aliens don't really have an impact in my game when I want it to be.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2015
    I agree, the current solution isn't really a solution to me. From the sounds of it they've made it so planning around alien abductions and pregnancies is not longer a viable story option. It's not just a super rare kick in the pants... and there is still not way for the player to really control the odds of this happening.

We need an option to turn off the possibility of alien abductions. That way they can leave abductions and pregnancy rates alone. If you want to be abducted and get pregnant, make sure you are currently allowing if, if not, turn it off. Why does it always have to be complicated and nonsensical? It would also be great if they'd tie the abductions to the use of a certain object so players could choose to increase their odds that way and they could also do the same thing with the odds of pregnancy if they really want to leave it at a measly base chance of about 25%.

If the satellite dish can be used for this purpose, then great... but you either have to have a sim work their way up in the science career for that, or cheat. I'm fine with just cheat unlocking the object and placing it if I have to, but I don't see why it has to be hidden behind a wall. Why can't they just be cool like back in the sims 2 and say hey guys here's a (normally sized) telescope, use it at night and maybe you increase your chances of abduction :)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    You can unlock the satellite dish via the cheat bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. This should be an option.

I had two abductions in the same household in two Sim days before the patch came out. I didn´t complain that it was too much, but I´m not sad that the reduced the odds of abduction.

As far as I heard, male sims can now only get pregnant when abducted, not by woohooing with alien women.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    #expected yet still bothers me that this happened

But much like the "sleeping trait" they nerfed it because the "majority" (*laughs*) thought it was too op...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I liked the randomness of the abductions. I don't want to have to get a satellite in order to have an abduction, I want to be surprised by it.
  • Options
    I liked the randomness of the abductions. I don't want to have to get a satellite in order to have an abduction, I want to be surprised by it.

The satellite dish just increases the chances, so the randomness is still there, just a much smaller chance.

• Options
    Thanks for all the comments that is get!

To Gruffman, my sim male was in the science career and has since used the satellite. He did get to contact a group of aliens that came to his house. He actually woohooed (try for baby) with one of the alien females at least 5 times in a row. No pregnancy. He still has not be abducted even with using contact aliens with the satellite. So this has not been a solution.

Why should we have to jump through all these hoops now to try and do what Get to Work was suppose to offer? They gave to the rich so to speak and we ended up even poorer, with no abductions and male pregnancies. My male has woohooed try for baby with alien women in disguise in the neighborhood so many times the world will be populated by him, but he still has not been pregnant. I find that wrong.

To be honest why I am so po'd about this is because I had just created this challenge on my YouTube channel. Boy Gone Wild - 100 Alien Baby Challenge, rules here, (can't post link but my Twitter is @MyaaSim) , my YouTube channel is TheMyaaSim (sorry can't post link yet). On the same day I posted my rules and released my introduction to the challenge, which lots of people were really excited about, EA does this alien abduction nerf patch! Come on now. They just totally turned them off as far as I'm concerned. I am just finding it impossible now.

Right after I wrote to EA AnswerHQ the following:
    Why Why Why?? Stop alien abductions??
    Options
    ‎04-13-2015 04:15 PM

My husband and I were having so much fun with the alien abduction and pregnancy. Now in this patch you've literally taken it away?? I was not even successful yet on my game of being abducted at all!! His sim was the opposite. Now my sim will never ever get abducted!

Why didn't you just let people turn it off with a cheat if they didn't want abductions????!!!! I mean, why ruin being abducted for everyone!!?

This was pretty lame, come on, put this back and just make a turn off switch or something!!! Some of us are trying so so hard to get abducted and can't. Don't ruin our dreams!!

I received back this response:
    Hi

the AnswerHQ is for people with issues, to help them get back into their games.

If you have any suggestions, praises, concerns, please use either the Ideas Corner: or the Feedback forum: over at the official forum.

Thanks
  • Options
    This is how I responsed back to them:

I do consider this a big game issue that won't let me get into my game play, no differently than when the bartenders didn't work right after the Christmas patch. This new patch has caused the alien abductions and male pregnancy to be nonexistent!! This is a very important new aspect of the game that was suppose to be included with Get to Work. It is why I and many others like or purchased Get to Work in the first place! So I do consider that game breaking!! It broke my game for EA to just take this away from those of us trying to do alien game play with alien abductions and male pregnancy from sleeping with alien women. Why completely take this away, or make it so hard to accomplish that it is like pie in the sky and frankly just is not happening now. They need to stop going to extremes and find a solution that allows both types of players to be able to accomplish their alien goals! I'm no programmer but come on, make an on off cheat code or something! I do not want to depend on someone in the sim community to have to create a mod to make what should be able to happen, actually happen. I feel that would be cheating and I shouldn't be forced in that direction! EA has been doing a much better job of keeping people happy this time around, with Sims 4. I want to continue feeling that way and so do other players who just want their abductions and male pregnancy. I am a Sims YouTube and this was a major theme in my popular channel series. I am not alone, other people do feel this alien patch is breaking their game. So I don't know why this wouldn't be considered an important issue that needs fixed so we can get back in our games. No different than the bartender won't serve drinks. Well the Get to Work expansion is no longer delivering alien abductions or male pregnancies. Thanks for you time.

Sorry this is so long but I want to really get EA's attention on this issue and hope they will be fair and not leave us broken in our alien gameplay!! :D Thanks guys!
  • Options
    satorimoon wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments that is get!

To Gruffman, my sim male was in the science career and has since used the satellite. He did get to contact a group of aliens that came to his house. He actually woohooed (try for baby) with one of the alien females at least 5 times in a row. No pregnancy. He still has not be abducted even with using contact aliens with the satellite. So this has not been a solution.

Why should we have to jump through all these hoops now to try and do what Get to Work was suppose to offer? They gave to the rich so to speak and we ended up even poorer, with no abductions and male pregnancies. My male has woohooed try for baby with alien women in disguise in the neighborhood so many times the world will be populated by him, but he still has not been pregnant. I find that wrong.

To be honest why I am so po'd about this is because I had just created this challenge on my YouTube channel. Boy Gone Wild - 100 Alien Baby Challenge, rules here, (can't post link but my Twitter is @MyaaSim) , my YouTube channel is TheMyaaSim (sorry can't post link yet). On the same day I posted my rules and released my introduction to the challenge, which lots of people were really excited about, EA does this alien abduction nerf patch! Come on now. They just totally turned them off as far as I'm concerned. I am just finding it impossible now.

Before the patch, I had a single human male sim, ( in the science career, it was the first one I did for GTW ). He and the pollination tech ended up having eight babies. If I ever could have found her somewhere actually in game, I would have wed the two. It pretty much seemed as soon as he delivered, the following night he was off on a space romp across the galaxy.

He has already passed on and I am playing one of his children and the pollination techs. He is currently married to a full human female sim. I turned on the satallite dish that was on the lot. That night the wife got abducted. I quickly turned the dish to prevent alien abductions. I do not want my alien sims mother to impregnate her son.

I do think they turned down the chance of males to get pregnant though (or aliens overall I don't know). Cause it took my alien sim and his wife three tries to 'try for baby' before she finally got pregnant.

I do hate it that we have to jump through hoops to get it to work, aliens are one of my favorite alternate life forms in the sims world. I would so love a simple toggle switch in options to stop all aliens from spawning and stop all abductions for those who do not want them, but at the moment we don't have anything close to it.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    In yesterday's Ask A Guru I asked how they decide what to patch when it comes to things like this and never got an answer. I was curious as to if they decrease frequency of something because a few people complain or if they check to see if it's a game glitch.

It's like meteors in TS3. They happened so infrequently that it was a surprise and added to my stories. Yet others complained that they happened all the time so then they happened less frequently after a patch.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I am increasingly unhappy with EA's decisions regarding this game. This is just the latest in a string of things they have done to try to appease "special interest groups" (for lack of a better term). I can understand that not everyone likes the same thing, and I do want others to have what they want, but not at the expense of what I want. I'm selfish that way. EA could have managed it so no one would have had to give up anything; they could have made options, toggles, on/off switches. But no. They just trash what some people love in order to please others, and half the time what they do does not even appease those other people.

• Options
    Like I posted in another thread:

I would be thrilled if they had just given us an on and off switch so to speak for alien abduction or if the male sim wants to get pregnant! They should not have gone to the extreme measure and messed with rates and stuff. My husband's sim who was always getting abducted right after giving birth, has not been abducted once since the patch. He has been rendered sterile for all intents and purposes.

Give us back what you stole from us!! Repair this with some kind of cheat to work as a switch or something! smh
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @MsPhy This is what I posted in the Guru thread yesterday and was told to post it in ideas/feedback. I don't think it's OT because it deals with the disappointments some of us are experiencing. Yiu can see at the bottom where I asked about patches.

Is it possible for players to get more content that suits their play style?

Before the release of TS4 I read the article linked below. It's an interview with SimGuruGraham. I do have to say that I was on the fence and this interview was the main push for me to buy TS4.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/news/sims-4-producer-deviant-players-are-going-to-have-a-lot-of-fun-messing-with-their-sims/

What I read in this interview and the actuality of the game just doesn't seem to match up. Some of us are really disappointed. The Sims are just too happy....all the time. The traits seem to do so little. An evil Sim or an insane Sim show very little difference in how they behave.

The article was written about the deviant players and to tell the truth we're still waiting. Just look at a few of the threads that have been created just recently. Can someone read through these and see what so many of us are missing?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828666/imprisoning-sims-in-your-basement/p1

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/820482/petition-for-cemeteries-funerals-64-signatures/p1

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13538270#Comment_13538270

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/825782/deviant-playstyle-needs-some-love/p1

I know some of you have had to have seen this one.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817854/an-obnoxious-psychosausage-tests-the-boundaries-of-the-sims-4-emotions/p1

After yesterday's patch I also need to ask this. The patch decreased the chances of abduction and male pregnancy. So far I've not had an abduction at all and now my chances are less. Is it possible to do some sort of forum poll or other research to see just how many games are effected by the too much, too many, patch this things? I realize that people come here to talk about bugs but I think sometimes personal preference has to be getting in the mix. Is it possible that the players who want a Sim-topia are just a little louder than the players waiting patiently for a surprise to happen? I know there are players who think one abduction is too many.

I'll fully admit that I have not put in the play hours that I did with 2 and 3 and the threads above are a large part of that but I do have to say that in the hours and hours I played my games I have never had any of the too much, too many problems. In all the hours (and there were a lot of them) I played TS3 I could probably count the meteor strikes I experienced on both hands. As TS3 went on the chance of death by electrocution seemed to get less and less. I never had a death by vending machine or Murphy bed.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    They didn't have to go to the extreme opposite end like they did. To me, it was just the easiest thing to do and not something the thought out or cared to consider the backlash from fans on the opposite end. Well I think and hope they are seeing the bigger picture!!
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have played nearly every day since GTW and have yet to have an abduction. I cheated to get the wormhole thingy on their rocket and the satellite from the scientist career to contact aliens, I have them outside skilling logic for hours and ...nothing. I guess I'll just stop trying to get abducted and hopefully it will happen. Pretty frustrated at this point now that they've made it more difficult to happen.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    I'm really disappointed with the decision to make it even harder to get a male alien pregnancy. It was already incredibly difficult before the patch and now it seems like it will never happened. I don't even want to play because I can't play out a story that I've been wanting to play. Only because it relies on abductions.