Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this desktop good enough for the sims 4

JLeedsy29JLeedsy29 Posts: 12 New Member
edited April 2015 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hi I'm buying a new desktop soon for the sims 4. (It will be my first one so I don't know what to look for) Anyway I have found a desktop that is withing the budget. It's called HP Pavilion Desktop 500-400na.

Here are its specs..
Processor-AMD Quad-Core A10-6700 - 3.7 GHz
Ram-6gb
Graphics-AMD Radeon R7 240 (2gb dedicated)
All I would like to know is if it will be able to run the sims 4 and any future expansion packs.
Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    I'd say you're doing okay with that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    JLeedsy29 wrote: »
    Hi I'm buying a new desktop soon for the sims 4. (It will be my first one so I don't know what to look for) Anyway I have found a desktop that is withing the budget. It's called HP Pavilion Desktop 500-400na.

Here are its specs..
    Ram-6gb
    All I would like to know is if it will be able to run the sims 4 and any future expansion packs.
    I am going to predict that it will have trouble with added expansions, the R7 is not very strong graphics, and it will only handle the game at lower settings (medium.) And im not very fond of the AMD A series either, Look for either AMD FX series (6 core or higher 4 core.) Or intel core i5. For the graphics.. either Nvidia GTX 750TI and above or AMD R9 270 and above.
    What's your budget?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• JLeedsy29JLeedsy29 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for your help and its Around £400 which is $600. I know not much but I ain't made of money hehe
    [quote="chesterbigbird;13542800"][quote="JLeedsy29;828923"]Hi I'm buying a new desktop soon for the sims 4. (It will be my first one so I don't know what to look for) Anyway I have found a desktop that is withing the budget. It's called HP Pavilion Desktop 500-400na.

Here are its specs..
    Ram-6gb
    [/quote]
    I am going to predict that it will have trouble with added expansions, the R7 is not very strong graphics, and it will only handle the game at lower settings (medium.) And im not very fond of the AMD A series either, Look for either AMD FX series (6 core or higher 4 core.) Or intel core i5. For the graphics.. either Nvidia GTX 750TI and above or AMD R9 270 and above.
    What's your budget?

[/quote]
    Do you recommend any desktops then that are within the budget ??
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Here are its specs..
    Ram-6gb
    What's your budget?

Do you recommend any desktops then that are within the budget ??

I know chester just built a computer for someone in the UK on line and it was in between 600-700 pounds. Us $800-900 which is what they cost in the USA too to run the game and all eps as they come out. My suggestion would be to save a little more money rather than buying a computer that may not play all eps. If you buy a lower end computer you will wind up spending more money to upgrade the desktop you buy.
  • o0FlamingAngel0oo0FlamingAngel0o Posts: 11 New Member
    Im not much of a genius so i cant help you there
    Okay thanks I'll just wait for a bit and save up a bit more :smiley:
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    when your ready just come back and ask chester to build you a nice computer on line that you will be happy with :D