Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch TODAY 6th August - Move out your Mods people!

BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
edited August 2015 in Mac - Technical Discussions
6th August Mac Version 1.10.57.1220

- Never update without moving your Mods out of your Sims 4 folder first. Check the Mods are compatible with the update before putting them back in -

Please see patch notes here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

- It is safer to have automatic game AND Origin updates turned off, especially if you use Mods in your game -
apple-signature.png
Post edited by BluebellFlora on

Comments

• DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2015
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    New patch out.
    apple-signature.png
  • GreenDayGreenDay Posts: 669 Member
    I didn't realize there was a new update (don't really follow this stuff) and my game updated itself. I didn't realize until after so I didn't remove the mod I have to stop the culling of deceased sims. Thats all I have, no CC. Now that I've booted up the game, I notice that it's painfully laggy, so much so that I can't play it. Was this caused by the fact that the mod was left in the game, or is this patch just causing a lot of lag?
    GreenDay wrote: »
    I didn't realize there was a new update (don't really follow this stuff) and my game updated itself. I didn't realize until after so I didn't remove the mod I have to stop the culling of deceased sims. Thats all I have, no CC. Now that I've booted up the game, I notice that it's painfully laggy, so much so that I can't play it. Was this caused by the fact that the mod was left in the game, or is this patch just causing a lot of lag?

Maybe. You should have automatic updates turned off. Have you moved out the TS4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts and tried a clean game?

apple-signature.png
    edited June 2015
    Bump because of today's patch.
    Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png
    Bumping for the patch coming this week - Dishwashers!
    apple-signature.png
    Don't forget to move them before patching people.
    apple-signature.png