Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is your Pollination Tech?

Comments

• jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Puffy wrote: »
    My current sim fell victim... to #3, she knocked up his Dad twice... in fact her child that wasn't sent back to the homeworld is now a child living in his half brother's house... that'll be the half brother who just had a baby with the kid's mum... @SimGuruBChick Isn't there a way to get multiple pollination techs... I'm afraid her son will get abducted when he's a ya and get preggo by his mum preggoagain.jpg

Edit - how odd is it the baby was delivered by a ghost! At least his wife likes the new baby ( she's full alien, she bought the outfit off a mannequin.).

Wah your town is really strange town. Good for you ;) !

Getting stranger, a few gens on Raphael Amador got abducted and had twins

raphpreg.jpg

It's odd that they were both different colours since mum is PT #3... again. The son Theo just aged up to YA and also got abducted and he's just had a baby... guess who the mum is... PT#3... again, so she's just had a baby with her son... ewww. No more abductions in my game until it's fixed ( @SimGuruBChick ) Thank goodness for the alien repelling option on the satellite.

04-28-15_1-53nbspPM.png

Theo Amador with his son (and also half-brother (yuck)) Timothy Amador.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I thought this was just me. I have this big legacy family and one sim named Jovan was abducted and had twin girls Asia and Tara with Polli 3. Asia and Tara were deemed as being "half-sisters" .Then Asia became a YA and got married and had two children from a normal sim. Now the crazy thing is, Asia's oldest child, Santiago, was abducted and he had twins as well. (By now I should mention Jovan was a twin so that seems to be passed down) Santiago's kids were deemed to be half siblings of Asia and Tara who is supposed to be their grandmother and great-aunt respectively. And According to Polli 3's family tree Santiago's kids are her children and great-grand children.

So basically in a nutshell my brain is fried and this is why my family doesn't believe in half or step siblings.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Now I'm really curious to see what will happen if I allow the abductions (I've been blocking them with the testing cheats reset). I've recently made my own TS4 version of the TS2 Curious brothers, I'm going to start testing them tomorrow and see what happens. If I can get them abducted, I'll be back to let you know.

since when can u block abductions? last time no cheat worked and no one knew how

• RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I wish we could add the Poller to family.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Now I'm really curious to see what will happen if I allow the abductions (I've been blocking them with the testing cheats reset). I've recently made my own TS4 version of the TS2 Curious brothers, I'm going to start testing them tomorrow and see what happens. If I can get them abducted, I'll be back to let you know.

since when can u block abductions? last time no cheat worked and no one knew how

Reportedly, you can stop it with the testingcheats reset option (testingcheats on, shift-click, reset). Plus you can use the satellite dish and set it every 24 hours to prevent abductions.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 2kittymama2kittymama Posts: 111 Member
    This is all so unfair. I've only had a Sim abducted once and he didn't even come back pregnant. I'm can't believe I'm jealous of something this creepy LOL.
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    Is it possible to meet "Pollination Technician 3" if I visited Sixam?
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    when I do get the abduction it is always pollination tech 3
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Pollination Tech #3 is officially the only Pollinator alien. On my search through the abduction files etc. I found the string for the Pollinator alien and it says Pollination Tech 3. So there is only one, BUT she can look different in every game! Because the look is random generated through a filter that EA created. The name however will always be the same. Unless you have a Story progression mod that changes the name.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I had hoped they would allow for multiple PTs, but I'm making it work. In my game right now I have a family of 8 and it looks like I'm keeping the family full for a little bit. I started with a family of 4 and then the dad got abducted and had a daughter, then his son did later on so his daughter is his sister's niece and sister LOL.

Perhaps we will get a patch that includes multiple PTs, or someone will come out with a mod that allows it like they did in TS2. For now, I'm just keeping the house too full to abduct and relying on the satellite unless I want an alien baby LOL.

That made me think of something. The family tree could look really funny if a child was a sibling to their own grandparent! ROFL *Forgive me, it's really early and I haven't had my first cup of tea yet!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    Is it possible to meet "Pollination Technician 3" if I visited Sixam?

I don't know. I doubt it, but that could just me being cynical. I think it may be more of a job title than a name so if you were to meet her on Sixam she'd be using her name and not PT3.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member

Would just stink if the other male in my household for this one family got abducted. B/c then the alien kids can't marry since they'd be half siblings. I don't know if I can pretend they aren't hahahaha

^This is the biggest issue. That and the fact that I have sims who's children are their siblings and that is just wrong! If it were an occasional accident then I could laugh about it (between the tears :# ) but if it is the only way then there is no laughter.

Yeah its disturbing.
    I know there is a mod that will randomize the PT but idk of its random in a single save file (like different PTs for each abduction or whatever).

It would be nice if they added additional PTs BC I don't want my town related. That's just creepy. Plus it'd be fun to have a variety with the different alien skin tones.
    I could check that file where they mention PT 3, maybe it is possible if I could add just a few more of them... I will need to test it a while to be certain if it works or not. But I can try :) Would be another alien mod on my account and that would make me the ultimate modder for alien issues LOL xD

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I could check that file where they mention PT 3, maybe it is possible if I could add just a few more of them... I will need to test it a while to be certain if it works or not. But I can try :) Would be another alien mod on my account and that would make me the ultimate modder for alien issues LOL xD

@Tanja1986, if you could add multiple PTs, that would be the ultimate in awesomeness! I have a multi-PT mod I got long ago for TS2 that I still use when I play. Having multiple PTs was nice so all my little aliens wouldn't be related. I REALLY appreciate everything you've done in modding for aliens. They are the only reason I wanted GTW, and without your mods I just would not get the pleasure out of the game that I'm getting now.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Thanks @Tanja1986 You just killed alot of peoples mystery in the game.. "Which PT will I get this time?" xD
    Jokes aside, that does explain why everyone is getting PT3. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    Well I just checked the file and it seems it's a fixed value. A mod for that needs to be a core mod. Which I am not able yet to produce. The filter or template for the Pollinator alien is set to one only. Even the string that is available for it is only single. There is no other Pollinator string anywhere to be found. Which makes it for me impossible to create another one and just call it differently. EA needs to add multiple Pollinators to the game, then it would be possible. But as of right now I can't provide something like this not yet at least. Because even if I would copy the filter template and paste it again it would still be P #3, because that's the only string there is for the alien pollinator. :-( What a shame...
    Well I just checked the file and it seems it's a fixed value. A mod for that needs to be a core mod. Which I am not able yet to produce. The filter or template for the Pollinator alien is set to one only. Even the string that is available for it is only single. There is no other Pollinator string anywhere to be found. Which makes it for me impossible to create another one and just call it differently. EA needs to add multiple Pollinators to the game, then it would be possible. But as of right now I can't provide something like this not yet at least. Because even if I would copy the filter template and paste it again it would still be P #3, because that's the only string there is for the alien pollinator. :-( What a shame...

Thank you @Tanja1986 for trying! I've recently loaded the MC mod and locking doors and perhaps that will at least give me variety from now on. (not the locking doors LOL but the MC) Maybe some day they will add more PTs like they did in TS2. I can always dream!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    Cyph86 wrote: »
    I was looking at that one but didn't see any mention of adding alien aspects. I had loaded it before GTW but unloaded it for GTW for obvious reasons. If it's fixing my issue of the same PT impregnating all of my sims, I'll reload it faster than you can say Bella Goth! LOL

The only other mods I had in while being abducted and impregnated were these:

- MB Coffee Gives More Energy-Medium Caffeine
    - MB Faster Showers V2
    - MTS_DarkGaia_1516626_nocull

And I have no idea which of these changed the Pollination Tech number to a real Sim name. I can definitely image that you would like to fix that rather than seeing PT3 on all babies? HAHA

I may give the MC mod another load... from what I see of your mods, that looks like the one. I really would love to fix the issue before my teen ages up and his grandmother impregnates him LOL. I worked hard to make sure he and his sister were not PT3's handy work LOL. I will say that since the patch I haven't had abductions on the nights I'd forgotten to set the satellite. Now if they said they were fixing the PT issue with a new patch, I may wait and see. I do like the story progression of the MC mod though. LOL

Interested to know if you added back the command center and if it changed your PT.
    I added it today hoping it would randomize the PT since my family gets abducted all the time now, and I had a Sim abducted right away when I loaded the game, and the PT was still PT3 -- it's ok in this case b/c this Sim is half aline (but not PT3's kid) -- but now I have 4 kids in the house from PT3 and if any of them get abducted in the future I do not want their mom pollinating them...

I'd be ok if the PT acted more like a fertilization doctor and the kids had an invisible parent and random alien skin tones. But when they all come out looking like PT3 it's clear she is being bad up there. I do not want my Sims to be parents/siblings to their kids - that is weird LOL!!
    You know, it occurred to me after I posed the question above that it might not matter.
    Per Tanja's post above about there being only one PT allotted, then there would never be another PT in my game file. B/c I doubt the MC Command Center would delete one PT and replace it with another. So it would just be randomly creating a PT per game file - but since mine already existed it won't change her. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that stinks.

I guess I'll just have to go in and change their skin tones in full CAS mode so it looks like she was implanting random alien babies and not her own LOL. Then I can pretend my alien Sims aren't related. It's not like the family tree works right anyway :/
    I have added MC back in, but I haven't been abducted yet to know if it made any difference. I will have a male sim of pollinating age soon and may give it another go but I may wait because he was the product of PT3 and I am not sure I want to go there again. I always feel like I need a shower (or 20). I'll let you know!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    Ok so... My Sim was abducted and had twins - who came out with normal skin tone... and in the family tree PT3 also has normal looking human skin tone. I went into CAS and I do not have any special skins that would allow aliens to have normal tan skin, 🐸🐸🐸🐸?????
    This stinks. I don't want my alien kids to be normal tone. Sigh.
    I don't think it's the light yellow color, it looks way too peachy/tan. What a fail.
    A tip for everyone wanting to change your alien's skin tone, the full edit cheat works. Select your sim, make sure your sim is not disguised, open the cheat box (ctrl+shift+c), enter the cheat testingcheats on, then with the widow still open enter cas.fulleditmode . Once entered, shift click your sim and select Modify in CAS. This will bring you into the full CAS. You can change most things but I only changed the skin tone. I want a rainbow in my game! LOL

@Spacey72659 I posted this a bit back but it can help you if you want to change up those colors. I wish all my sims could be beautifully rainbow as well as the premade sims. If we could pick colors to allow and disallow, I'd probably do away with all normal colors.

Great, now I want skittles. ;)

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    Yeah I know about full CAS mode, but that's not the point. I shouldn't have to use a cheat to get an alien with an actual alien skin tone.
    They shouldn't come out with normal Sim skin like this :/
    Yeah I know about full CAS mode, but that's not the point. I shouldn't have to use a cheat to get an alien with an actual alien skin tone.

Just a thought, do you have any custom skins installed?

Just a thought, do you have any custom skins installed?

Yes, but I've had them for awhile and never had issues until now.