Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

Comments

• Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    TS3 had good concepts and ideas plus some good packs but the series was an overall lag and glitch fest making it unplayable for most players like me, I only gotten the first 3 EPs and the 1st SP since my old PC couldn't handle the memory clog of the series
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    ValkyrieFarrowValkyrieFarrow Posts: 111 Member
    For now, I would say TS4 is the worst one.
    The Confrontation of an Imperfect Valkyrie
    Mariah_Carey_H_A_T_E_U_zpsljuktbmp.gif
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    It will be interesting to see how TS4 finishes up in a few years time.

It's the trauma of the waiting to see what happens that gets to me - will it be a 4-5 year journey that never fullfills expectations?

That really is a big issue with a game that has such a long development cycle - we could be waiting circa 4 years to know whether we really like it or not - having spent a large sum of money on it along the way.
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Does The Sims Social count? because if so, that game was pretty awful.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited March 2016
    kamylasg wrote: »
    I have to say The Sims 3. I didn't really connect with this game. I loved story progression and the Generations EP, but it wasn't enought to keep me interested. I didn't like the graphics, and S3 just had a horrible performance when I first got it... It's pretty weird for me how S4 runs perfectly for me and S3 had so many problems.
    Sims 4 is lacking a lot of things, but so far I had way more fun with S4 than I had playing S3, probably because the whole game looks better and it runs very smoothly. All of my friends had problems with Sims 3, and none of them have any problem running Sims 4... Having said that, my favorite Sims game is still The Sims 1.

I agree whole heartedly. The sims 3 was the worst in so many points. Almost nothing but troubleshooting, and badly made patches. It was never ok. The Sims 4 is the best until now.
    1. Sims 3
    2. Sims 1
    3. Sims 2
    4. Sims 4
    1 is the worst and 4 is the best.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I forgot to add something else to my Sims 3 answer... who else misses their Sim burning the first three meals they ever made? :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    The only way to say for sure is wait until the Sims 4 runs its course I guess. I just know at this point I have no fun playing the Sims 4 and have tons of fun playing Sims 2 or Sims 3. I don't have Sims 1 anymore - haven't had it for a long time - but it was in it's own way a lot of fun - until I got Sims 2 and experienced the whole family and generations of Sims - then I found Sims 1 boring and sort of empty compared to Sims 2. Also unlike many people here I have no issues with Sims 3 - and I do love it. I love all the packs - they all bring a ton of stuff to the game - and on top of that the creativity factor for the player is amazing - the best creativity found in any Sims game. The worlds simmers can make is unlimited and what ever the creator desires - added to that endless redecorating and designs - you never have to have another house in your game looking like the others with Sims 3 - design is endless. So Sims 3 does offer way more than any of the games - maybe it always will - I just wish they had also added in some of the perfection that was sims 2 families and family life and I would have to say the Sims 3 then would have been the best Sims game ever. Sims 3 also needed the reality of shopping and buildings like we had in Sims 2 as well.

Many - MANY players said if Maxis would combine the Sims 3 with the Sims 2 families and all the Sims could do in Sims 2 - it would have been the most perfect Sims game ever made. I still stand by that.

I just know I get very bored with Sims 4 - the family aspect is totally wrecked for my play style and creativity is seriously stiffled. There is more you can't do in Sims 4 than you can - so I guess Sims 4 is still the worse of the 4 - but to be fair it is probably wrong to judge it completely at this stage. I just cannot understand why they thought it was a good idea to go back to Sims 1 poof babies, or having teens the same as the ya, ad, and elder size Sims. Really bad decision for players like me who really get tons of enjoyment out of all the life stages and their individuality. That is another thing I don't like about Sims 4 is not only are the teens, YAs, ADs and EL's the same size, wear the same clothes, everything about them is the same just at different ages. Even the child acts like a miniature adult. They are a sad departure from all the other Sims games.

So I will not put the Sims - in a list from worse to best though - not when the newest game is also on the side of being only part of a game - as I still have hopes the game will come alive for me, the families will be fixed, individuality will be incorporated and the creativity for players will grow - a whole lot. It is sort of like comparing a huge family meal where the ingredients are still being bought and still in their packages to a finished and complete cooked and served dinner. LOL. So I will restrain - but just as I could not sit and eat an uncooked, unmixed dinner, I cannot enjoy a very uncooked game either. LOL.

Sims 1 - well it will always rate up there with me as it was new and exciting, it gave me back a taste of childhood in a video game and made me a Simmer. If it had been made now after the Sims 2 and 3, then it would not have been the best, because simply we have had, and played, Sims 2 and Sims 3, and they both leave Sims 1 behind in a dust of fond memories. I doubt I could ever go back and enjoy that game again due the family issues, the fact the Sims work 7 days a week, never age, and even less life stages of any sims game is in there. But I have to say Sims 1 Makin Magic and Sims 1 Superstar are still to this day two if the best packs ever made in a Sims game - there is no denying that for me anyway. Still they are not enough to carry the game on it's own. It is fun to think about and recall, but I would be bored with it super fast pace and lack of family aspect, never mind limited creativity more than any sims game.

Sims 2 and 3 in each their own way are just great - sure both could stand for more improvements with Sims 2 could seriously use a lot of updating, but lets face it, I have a ball playing either for endless hours. Sims 3 is great, but its family play is weak in a lot of respects - but 200 percent better than Sims 4 for family so far. I feel bad for people who never really get to enjoy Sims 3 - if you played it like I do - I am sure you would see why many of us think it is a great game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I'm going to say Sims 4. I've played all the Sims games ever since they came out, and yes I realize that the Sims 4 doesn't have all it's expansions yet but that's not it.

When I started simming, it was with the first sims game when it came out. The graphics were pretty low, but obviously I didn't mind at the time because it was way back when, and technology is much more advanced now. It was a beautiful game, it was the start of the sims series! It truly is a classic.

The Sims 2 was great! It made me so proud and happy with EA that they released such a great game, adding a lot of cool features and a more 3D realistic looking style. I played this game a lot. It was probably my addiction at the time.

Then, TS3 came out, and I was like, "Oh my goodness!" Because let's be real. The Sims 3 is beautiful (in my opinion). The Sims had a variety of customization options, create-a-style, and many cool features I was hoping for. I think I was just disappointed with two things. A.) The babies were only able to wear the blankets, unless you got a mod and cc, B.) When I bought my new Mac, the graphics card totally glitches because it's unsupported. But by far, this is my most favorite sims game ever!

And then came TS4, and I actually was a bit surprised. EA had kept talking about how great The Sims 4 is, and it is pretty cool, but a bit of a step down from the Sims 2 and 3. For one thing, they got rid of toddlers and it infuriated me. Secondly, they lost the Create-a-style. It's a lot less customization.

So, yeah, I'd have to say sims 4. Please don't hate on my opinion, as it's just mine, and I still do like the Sims 4!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    AvaTheSimmer123AvaTheSimmer123 Posts: 52 Member
    Sims 3. When I first started playing it, I thought it was okay. It gradually started to stop working and started to glitch out and the whole game itself was almost unplayable. I found it quite boring and it missed aspects. Build mode and CAS was nothing special, imo.
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Sims 3. When I first started playing it, I thought it was okay. It gradually started to stop working and started to glitch out and the whole game itself was almost unplayable. I found it quite boring and it missed aspects. Build mode and CAS was nothing special, imo.

You've gotta admit tho, it's got better customization (coloration) options than TS4:)
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sims Online, hands down, THE WORST, unless you enjoy paying a monthly subscription (after dumping $50.00 for the base..this is 15 years ago-ish) for the 'privilege' of enjoying a visual chat room interspersed with mindless, worthless, repetitive tasks (no, I'm not being redundant). The worst thing going for Sims 4 is that it came after Sims 3. Had this game been next in sequence after Sims 2, I think things would have gone smoother. Nice graphics, improvement (over Sims 2) in load screens, etc.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I will elaborate what I said earlier. I think it's quite simple, if you take in count only, and just only, the features, gameplay, graphics and mechanics, of course Sims 1 is the worst. But, it was 15 years ago, it requires context to judge.

Then with TS2 in 2004 and TS3 in 2009 things got weird. The game from 2004 was 10x more polished, original, beautiful and funny than its successor. So, The Sims 3 takes the title of worst in the franchise in my opinion.

It really makes no sense compare these the others with Sims 4 as a whole that will remain unfinished at least until 2019. We can talk about isolated features tho, like CAS being the best so far or build mode lacking that tool I forgot the name. It's like taking flour and butter and say it's worse than a cake.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    TheSimsMasterTheSimsMaster Posts: 20 New Member
    Sims 4.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    3. Two words: pudding face.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    JennaKatzJennaKatz Posts: 74 Member
    Sims 3
    KlINywE.gif
    Meow
  • Options
    simming_in_silencesimming_in_silence Posts: 133 Member
    I don't like the Sims 4 much because of how much content it's lacking. Sure it's still a *fairly* new game, but it's still missing a ton of bigger features. The Sims 3 was amazing to me, for some reason I idolized it, but it had so many bugs and was kind of super laggy. The Sims 2 is the best in my opinion, and the original Sims I'm not sure because I haven't played it.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    The sims 4
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Tomodachi Life. Those little Miis are eerily far too sentient :fearful:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sims Social was baaaad. And I cannot say Sims4 is bad because it's still a baby; it needs time to grow. But as far as raising my stress level, I have to say Sims3 is the winner. It was so laggy and picky, it was like dealing with a cranky twelve year old prone to tantrums. One day it would play like a charm and the next day it was crashing, stuttering, and hanging up because of routing issues. It had a lot of shiny new things to do and see, but you had to save your game every fifteen minutes for fear it would crash and everything you had worked on would be lost forever. I had a ton of mods toward the end that helped a lot with my issues, but I never fully trusted it. I still play Sims2 and 3 but my focus has been on Sims4 lately. I like the way the worlds look, don't mind the loading screens and it has proven to be very stable. The fact that Origin has a repair option for the game has proven to be very helpful, too. I had a few minor issues and have used the repair option ten or more times. And it worked every time! Rather than taking my problem to the forums to ask for help, Origin fixed everything in a matter of minutes. Kudos to whomever came up with that function!

I play to relax and escape Real Life for a few hours. I enjoy shopping for custom content for my Sims so each one has the trappings to go along with their personalities. And let's not forget the new Create A Sim options. You can create some very fine looking Sims with it. Building is so much more fun now. I miss some of the things that were in Sims2 and 3, but I am enjoying Sims4 much more than I did when it was just a base game. I guess it is simply more relaxing to play. I'm not sitting on the edge of my chair praying to the Sims god I can make it through a Sim day without the game going bonkers. But it wasn't the worst of the Sims games. That distinction has to go to Sims Social.

• Options
    ohtheravenohtheraven Posts: 10 New Member
    Sims 3 is the worst for me. It was unplayable and so slow for me that it wasn't fun. I think I played it like a total of 30hours and that was it.

[i](This is a new account for me - I was eightsixteend but I couldn't stand that nickname.)[/i]
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sims 4, based on how in-depth and technologically insane games can be nowadays, is clearly the inferior one here. I don't have too much knowledge of technology from around when Sims 1 and 2 were released, but Sims 3 was a great product of it's time (except for the terrible, terrible coding).

On the other hand, when a 2014 game has Minimum System Requirements for WINDOWS XP (help.ea.com/uk/article/the-sims-4-system-requirements/) you know that it's nowhere NEAR the level that even most fan games by normal people can get to nowadays!

For whatever reason, EA weren't really stretching themselves as much as they could have with the creation of TS4; on release, we were given an incomplete version of a clearly inferior game that could have been SO MUCH BETTER if they listened to the fans, and gave it a bit more time...
  • Options
    ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    Unfortunately, I probably have to say TS4 (for some reasons I haven't bought it yet, when I bought the others as soon I could).
  • Options
    Tarzan0401Tarzan0401 Posts: 24 New Member
    > @kovu0207 said:
    > XopaxPax wrote: »
    >
    > I don't think there's any really bad sims game, but the worst is Freeplay. :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Awww that's a bit unfair, freeplay does have toddlers afterall, and best of all it's free. :)

Uh, it is anything but free! You end up spending more than you would spend on every TS3 expansion pack!
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    My least favourite is TS4. I wanted to love it, but it just seems like such a step backward after TS3 and Medieval. If I'm to be entirely honest, it looks like it was supposed to be a mobile game and was only ported to PC because someone at EA said "ALL TEH MONEYS!"

The base game was underwhelming and felt empty, as it was stripped bare of such basic things as toddlers and pools~ things that have been in the base game almost from Day One. I own a couple of EPs, but I've played only a handful of times since I got them... I'll likely go back to playing it soon, but only because my graphics card is dying and I can't run 3 anymore as my computer will shut itself off after just a few minutes of gameplay.

(hubs has said that he'll buy me another one when he gets paid, but that's still a couple of weeks away.)

I think EA could have done much better. But the thing is, they don't care enough to do better because TS3 showed them that we'll buy whatever bug-infested glitchfest they put out as long as it looks pretty. That's why they gave us awesome tools like CaSt and the store, then took them away.

Even now, the TS4 team is putting out ridiculous EPs (bowling? fitness?) that no one asked for. Parenthood is the only one that looks remotely interesting, but I probably won't buy it unless there's a steep discount involved.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think 4 is the weakest. From a tech point of view it's went backwards, no open world, no create a style, no world creator. It lacks the charm of the sims 1, The personality of the Sims 2 and so many of the awesome things from 3 and I don't even mean the open world. Things like traits that matter. The sims 3 base game shipped with 63 traits. The sims 4 didn't have nearly half that amount and still doesn't 3 EPs, 6 game packs and 10/11/12 stuff packs in. The sims 4 base game to my mind is still incomplete, we are still missing fire fighters, police, the burglar and social services is nothing other than your child being whisked away by an unseen force.

The sims has never been a game that's afraid to push boundaries, the sims 4 is the first to play it safe. I think if the game steeped out its comfort zone and offered meaningful game play and actual consequences besides "You cheated on me?! I'm going to have an angry moodlet!" *Walks into nicely decorated bathroom* "Phew I feel happy again, bye bye angry feelings"

And the bugs.. so many bugs. The sims 3 was not perfect for bugs but I'm willing to bet the sims 4 will be left in the exact same state by time the series ends. It's already a mess.