Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail Business + Selling Retail Lot

Is there a way to sell the retail lot? I've tried for ages to run a business, but I just can't seem to get it. I barely make any profit, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, so I want to sell the thing, but I can't figure out how. Any ideas?

Also, is anyone succeeding with retail? I'm finding it a little finicky. Trying to run a bakery is a no-go; you barely make anything, and Sims aren't heaps interested in my baked goods. Trying to run a store is difficult too; Sims seem to only want a couple of random items (a particular lamp and chair), ignoring everything else. I tried stocking my store in the lamp, but the Sims ignore everything that isn't on one certain counter. I have zero idea what's going on here.

Comments

• Options
    Bmorin61Bmorin61 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm with you Zorna. I bought a bakery and ran it for awhile. Found it strange my sim couldn't check people out with the register but only with a hand tablet. I think they need to go back and fix some things. To sell a lot I found you go to the business town, Magnolia and click on the lot. There is a tag to sell it there.
    Post edited by Bmorin61 on
  • Options
    jaredaguevarajaredaguevara Posts: 1 New Member
    When you travel to your retail lot all you need to do is click on the cash register and choose sell store.
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    There is also a button on the retail management tab on the bottom right to sell the lot.
  • Options
    jcooke1986jcooke1986 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @jaredaguevara said:
    > When you travel to your retail lot all you need to do is click on the cash register and choose sell store.

Thanks jaredaguevara. Perfect.
  • Options
    nycblkboynycblkboy Posts: 4 New Member
    > @jaredaguevara said:
    > When you travel to your retail lot all you need to do is click on the cash register and choose sell store.

Thank you so much I couldn't figure it out either :)
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    Zorna_ wrote: »
    Is there a way to sell the retail lot? I've tried for ages to run a business, but I just can't seem to get it. I barely make any profit, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, so I want to sell the thing, but I can't figure out how. Any ideas?

Also, is anyone succeeding with retail? I'm finding it a little finicky. Trying to run a bakery is a no-go; you barely make anything, and Sims aren't heaps interested in my baked goods. Trying to run a store is difficult too; Sims seem to only want a couple of random items (a particular lamp and chair), ignoring everything else. I tried stocking my store in the lamp, but the Sims ignore everything that isn't on one certain counter. I have zero idea what's going on here.

You got to sell expensive stuff, or best seller books or masterpiece art work...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    SimsEASimsEA Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you I spent hours figuring this one out, but it was so simple XD
  • Options
    ShaedannaShaedanna Posts: 14 New Member
    If you're not too finicky about in-game ethics, the best way to run a successful business is to sell items a kleptomaniac sim has stolen - especially good once they can steal expensive stuff like the Knight of the Octagon Table suit of armor ;-)
  • Options
    ShaedannaShaedanna Posts: 14 New Member
    (btw I actually don't normally do this kind of thing, but I played the Vampires Cursed! challenge, which requires you to play a klepto as one of your sims, and they can only make money through kleptomania and asking for loans. That's how I figured this out)