Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IslaRose's Build Showcase - Vampire Stuff!

islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
I figured I'd share my retail/career lots in one thread.

I'll keep this first post updated with cover images for all of the lots below, just to save some scrolling :smiley:

Vampire Stuff
yEIA4e6.png
ifeJSru.png
hxz9bwu.png
bO35wrT.png
BI7ixyF.png
]Qu6HLXp.png
kuzmHNb.png
KUtEUII.png
H3rHxzM.png
3eFdtmR.png
6nYb4el.png
v5bvK5Y.png
6kLi5jS.png
8M16evP.png

Vintage Glamour
OeCmYIX.png
BvQHc9E.png
aisWhGt.png
r0jzVjF.png

Retail Lots
3QQqNtN.jpg
DdP5yvk.jpg
UyH71Ow.jpg
qYWnHUI.jpg
fqP4bOE.jpg
QEfTIu4.jpg
LKx5XWs.jpg
wPrf5Md.jpg?1
Cbbtppo.jpg
Cnktn1I.jpg
ME8NwHY.jpg
5lbbIYm.jpg
sy3bFW9.jpg
2siuplS.jpg
sihYyiy.jpg
jsrvd8a.jpg

GTW Career Lots
jeDIucW.jpg
lj0rkuk.jpg
CIBC4Dn.jpg

Restaurants
H.I.P. Pizza Restaurant
5K8Fh6N.jpg
High Tide Restaurant
ueuopJP.jpg
Magnolia Bistro for Dine Out
b5A4K6o.png

Residential Lots
qtzAYTh.png
DDujziL.jpg
aQ4iKvn.jpg
gYyo4Yj.jpg
5cbl3iC.jpg
SUmKMdE.jpg
HdFF6qq.jpg
suzrf4R.jpg
1LwwdC5.jpg
CtpQ1Z6.jpg
1bJdRL2.jpg
Z6WLpvF.jpg
gaBg8GM.jpg
rTtemQl.jpg
CQ1dhij.jpg

Miscellaneous Lots & Venues
Modern Boutique Gym
nNf3l79.jpg
Urban Library
kLA93qx.jpg
taLLukg.jpg
oteLS0W.jpg
oftsj0I.jpg
iBRtyXi.jpg
KqrWGli.jpg
Gallery: Islaroses
Build Showcase: Islaroses
Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

Post edited by islarosexiv on

Comments

• islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    edited April 2015
    Magnolia Apothecary

A small retail shop set up for selling herbalist tonics/potions, collectibles, and oddities. :)

2siuplS.jpg
    0ytAWNQ.jpg

I wish I could change the "staff" outfits for unowned shops - my townies seem to love the yellow & red tops.

9dYDvLX.jpg

My sim inside, getting the creepy crawlies while checking out some dust mites.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Your Science Career lab looks great! :) The layout of the build looks great! It looks great how you have set up the different areas of the build with the items that scientists need to have for their career. The grey and white colour scheme of the build gives a great look and feel to the lab.
    Magnolia Apothecary is a very nice store! :) The exterior design of the building is very nice! Very nice roofing! The purple colour and the brick texture of the exterior of the building looks nice. The A frame front steps entrance to the shop looks nice! The decor on the front of the roof and the red flower box windows adds a nice touches to the store, Very nice pond in the front outdoors area! The rocks look nice how you have placed them on the edges of the water. The plants, rocks and floor lights lining the edges of the front footpath are nice for sims to see when coming to enter the store. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the store. It looks nice how you have set up the racks , display case and ledges, and placed the items on/in them for sims to come and buy. Very nice kitchen area for sims to make up more herbal potions or cook a meal. The brickwork texture of the walls looks nice. The hanging pans and the knives on the wall are nice kitchen touches there.
    They are both great builds! :)
    @rosemow Thank you so much! Your words are very kind. :)

edited April 2015
    Rustic Bakery

A small, quaint, rustic bakery set up with a full-scale gourmet kitchen in the basement, and a small partially furnished apartment above. The bakery interior is actually a bit modern and chic, with an almost Tiffany Blue paint color, Dark woods, and white accents.

The exterior also has a side patio for guest seating, but the landscaping is minimal (I designed it on a bit of a whim just before GTW launched, and then updated it for the expansion - but I never really got around to taking the landscaping to the ideal level). Having actually played the patch, I would ideally double up on self-serve refrigerators - but of course, with every build I always notice things after the fact that I wish I could change!

sy3bFW9.jpg
    jQOdQ06.jpg

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Beautiful lots, all of them!

(What really caught my eye was the "Danger" sign, obviously a fire warning.. Awesome warning symbol! (But don't let Sims follow the sign's directions! It's seldom a good idea to run when on fire!)

^_^

A fire extinguisher next to the stove would have been a nice touch,
    edited April 2015
    Sprinkles Bakery!

QEfTIu4.jpg
    (Nevermind the hedges, I just used a larger lot for the cover image, and wanted to fill up empty space...)

I wanted to build another bakery, but I was a bit stymied as to how I wanted to decorate it. I find that when I'm in that position, I can usually find some inspiration if I get a bit ridiculous, so .. that's what I did. I wanted to figure out how to do a masnard/French roof without that specific tool in TS4, and then I found a roofing pattern that looked like glitter/sprinkles in the sun (it's a base game roofing pattern/texture). Then I thought it looked like a cupcake... and at that point, the obvious answer was PINK EVERYWHERE. Cornea scalding pink. And now, it's my favorite venue I've made so far. (I also made the venue in black and white later, for personal use, but it doesn't have the same appeal now).

ogWSSZv.jpg

For the sake of the bakery owner that has to spend their days surrounded by bright pinks, I made a small apartment upstairs with a more calming, serene light turquoise color scheme and dark woods. There is a spare room as well, open for further retail space or expanding the apartment/living quarters. The basement, of course, has a full-scale professional bakery kitchen (in white!).

rEItIxx.jpg
    MOolYhY.jpg
    NdLO1Vc.jpg

I also love that the glass tables, with the new egg/cup/scoop/whatever seats (I don't know what to call them!) wind up looking like flowers.

si5RgQy.jpg

The lot I built it on was rather small, so in moving it to larger lots for better images, I had a lot of space to play with, so please disregard my super fun hedge mazes (my motto is now "open space? put a hedge on it!").

I4AkPhi.jpg
    This was just a fun image to capture how the roof changes depending on the light/time of day. It's much more sparkly/reflective in game, and I'm a little obsessed with it now.

Also on the gallery, and without any CC or crazy MOO use (I did originally have a supersize cupcake from debug on the roof, and some giant llamas, but then I realized the cupcake would still spoil and no one would be able to get it down, ha). If you use the lot, you may need to use the IGUE cheat to duplicate locked items.

Oh, and I almost forgot! I made over these little ladies to go with the bakery, "Sprinkles Employees".
    R2Or8P5.png

Miki wrote: »
    Beautiful lots, all of them!

(What really caught my eye was the "Danger" sign, obviously a fire warning.. Awesome warning symbol! (But don't let Sims follow the sign's directions! It's seldom a good idea to run when on fire!)

^_^

A fire extinguisher next to the stove would have been a nice touch,

Thank you! The fire extinguisher is actually right around the corner from the end of the counter, above the stool. :D (I love clutter).

edited April 2015
    The Magnolia Toy Chest

5lbbIYm.jpg
    BTals5B.jpg

Another whimsical-type build. I was going to try to make a "toy castle" but I'm afraid castle building is way beyond my skillset right now. I also made this after the patch actually launched, so I had a better feel for retail and how customers flow throughout the shop. I made sure the interior layout was wide open and well-spread, so as not to get clusters of customers at various bottlenecks. Also, nowhere for them to really get trapped (aside from behind the register, but if they’re back there, they deserve it.)

79UvnXE.png

Plus, I’ve always wanted an excuse to use the shaped topiaries/hedges (It's meant to be placed on a Willow Creek/Magnolia lot, but I ran out of space. :D )

loW8DJb.jpg

• bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Love your builds. They are very creative and functional at the same time.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

Rustic Bakery is a very nice store for sims to both run and visit. :) The stone and wooden texture of the exterior looks very nice! It looks nice how you have front windows for sims to look inside when coming to enter the bakery. The planter boxes are a nice touch on the windows. It looks nice how you have placed the wall lights on the exterior upper and lower levels. Nice covered over front porch. The lavender is pretty along the edges of the fencing. Nice outdoors dining side patio. Sims will enjoy eating outdoors in the air at the tables. Nice layout of the bakery buying area. It looks nice how you have placed the curved counter with the register on it beside the glass display shelves case. Sims will enjoy coming there to look at and choose their food to buy. The small white circle flooring and the larger white circle floor rugs look nice together, and adds a nice look to the room. It is great that you have the freezer item there for sims to buy food from too. Nice sofa sitting nook. The wall paneling and colour of the walls looks very nice. The cupcake themed signs on the exterior and interior walls and the menu board behind the register counter are nice bakery themed touches for the sims to enjoy seeing. It is great that you have a kitchen in a basement level. It is nice that you have an upstairs apartment for the sims who run the bakery to able to stay/live there whilst running the store.
    Sprinkles Bakery is so very nice! :) It looks very nice how the roof looks like a cupcake! The pink and white colour scheme of the exterior and interior of the bakery looks very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the awnings over the front door and upper window. Very nice layout of the levels of the interior! It looks nice how you have set up the tables and chairs in the bakery dining area to resemble flowers. The furnishing of this level is very pretty! The pink roses are pretty on the table tops, The butterflies wall pattern and the pink tree print looks nice on the walls. The pink panda lamp is a nice touch on the register counter. The enlarged pink plumbobs look very nice either sides of the door. The cupcake picture looks nice on the wall. The pink ghostly gnome looks cute! It is nice that you have an upstairs living apartment in this bakery too. The turquoise colour of the walls looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the curtains there. Very nice basement kitchen! The white brick walls looks nice. It looks great how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and have an island counter. Sims will enjoy using the cupcake machines there.
    The Magnolia Toy Chest is very nice too! The curved roofing is very nice! It looks great that you have used the topiary trees in the build, and have placed bonsai llamas either sides of the front door. The blue flowers look nice how you have placed them in the front and side areas. It looks very nice how you have set up the toys displays inside the store! The unicorns and heart teddies look cute! The balloons and banners are nice touches over the windows. The spotted flooring looks great in the store.
    Each of the builds are very nice! :)
    @kamb1403 Thank you!

Small Photography Studio

fqP4bOE.jpg
    YHj9N6A.jpg
    6VXuc4a.jpg

Silly me, forgot to turn off the grid for a few of those photos. :/ I wasn't sure what to expect with the patch, so I kind of kept it simple, clean, and a little industrial.

Again, an apartment above the studio, but this time hidden behind a bookcase/secret door (I love those). Not that it will deter Sims from venturing up, but I've found I can deal with deleting doors during store hours until they implement locks (fingers crossed!)

edited April 2015
    Only a few more, promise! ;)

p2LTwyp.jpg
    wxyoXY9.jpg

edited April 2015
    Magnolia Bakery

Edit: I shared the updated version of this bakery this morning, version 3.0. The little imperfections were getting to me. :#

3QQqNtN.jpg

I was definitely inspired by my love for the Deliciously Indulgent bistro/bakery set in TS3, and of course, my newly discovered belief that all bakeries must be in pastel.

It has a rooftop garden for in-house produce, a small employee break room, an outdoor patio for customers (with fountain and chess table), and an adorable little studio apartment for the owner, with a small kitchenette and office.

rjy45ym.jpg

EvyOt84.jpg

My Simlet in the Industrial style kitchen, because somehow.. there was a dish left on the lot, and now it's a personal gift to those who choose to download it (sorry?) :open_mouth:

DdP5yvk.jpg
    MdLQlhS.jpg

These images are from a larger lot than what I originally built the bakery on, seeing as for me the only place I had left for it was the largest lot in Magnolia, thus it has some expanded landscaping. Also, because I quickly rennovated the lot upon getting access to the expansion, there are so many little things that I later found that annoyed me and needed tweaking (as it is with pretty much everything I upload, despite being convinced it's "ready" when I actually post it) in addition to the difference gameplay makes. For instance, moving the self-serve refrigerators out from behind the counter, shifting the window over the desk, that one light that’s out of place, and changing the way I put in the storefront windows. So, this is my updated version (but even now I'm seeing things that I want to change.. perfectionist trait?)

• AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    I don't know what else to say other than "Whoa!" You have a real eye for design and I love all of your Builds! The Bakery's in particular are very, very cute and I would love to go there myself :D enjoyed these updates :) (wow okay so I did know what else to say other than "whoa" after all haha)
    Thank you so much! You and @rosemow are going to give me an ego! ;)

edited April 2015
    Small Retail Boutique

LKx5XWs.jpg

I was lucky enough to realize that I needed to cut a lot of the detail out of the original version of this, before I released the Get To Work update version. It's quite a nice little shop, as the customers browse along the walls, and then sit in the middle and chat (usually with my associate, which is nice for building up sales). There's an empty basement, and the 2nd floor too in the case that one wants to expand or - as per my style - build an apartment.

gdQWwKW.jpg

With the interior, I was trying to capture the vibe of the fantastic, edgy little boutiques of the city - hence the metal flooring, and stark contrasts of color. I wound up adding displays to sell knick knacks and whatnot under the clothing racks. Wall art/mirrors tend to sell the best for me here.

bMTtVOX.jpg
    And again, the townies and their silly red+yellow shirts!
    NN3azzK.jpg
    rZ653ic.jpg

New Riverstone Bookshop

ME8NwHY.jpg
    Because eventually, I'll get back to playing my writer sim, and hopefully this proves more rewarding than publishing. :)
    UF0Pgs1.jpg

• ashleeloveslloydashleeloveslloyd Posts: 50 Member
    I love all of your builds! The finishing touches you've added -- the artwork, and the themed clutter -- really finish them all off perfectly!
    Areni! Downtown Retail Boutique

wPrf5Md.jpg?1

Because the new sign totally looks like it says that. This is a large retail store, with tons of display space in two separate rooms connected by a thoroughfare. There's more space upstairs, but I haven't done anything with it yet.

gAjmJYq.jpg?1
    This is also shared as a room under Retail Register Setup.

mSXsuBe.jpg?1
    Love the new clothing items for kids!

TpBx06P.jpg?1
    Interiors. This is wonky, but I don't do photoshop and I'm lazy right now :3

Modern Boutique Gym

nNf3l79.jpg

I wanted an alternative to the default gyms, but I also wanted to keep it small so it didn't seem so cavernous and empty - despite other sims being on the lot. So I kept the equipment within reason, and kept things fairly open and light. I also toyed around a bit with the bathroom to allow for more showers while retaining privacy.

sx30FsB.jpg
    vjUqlsy.jpg

I love all of your builds! The finishing touches you've added -- the artwork, and the themed clutter -- really finish them all off perfectly!

Thank you so much! That's really encouraging to hear :)

Woo! Final Stretch! Thank you for the kind and encouraging words, and for letting me share all of this with you. I have never attempted this before, and I have a newfound respect for all of the simblrs and creators that keep up with this sort of thing. It takes so much time! :open_mouth:

Magnolia Florist Shop

Cbbtppo.jpg

A classic, traditional style of building with a clean and simple decor (so as not to take away from the plants) with an attached greenhouse to keep supply steady. Again, there's an empty room upstairs that can be used to expand the business, or to basically never go home again. :)

RvvK27v.jpg

Bella's Secret

Cnktn1I.jpg

This is based on a Victoria's Secret storefront in Santa Monica, paired with the typical interiors I've found in VS stores (the classic style, as opposed to the Pink decor, sadly). Dark & Light pink stripes with a heavy wood trim, some romantic accents, and fun/flirty mannequin displays. Also includes the winding layout typical of VS stores, with end caps and nooks for additional displays.

1VFReiN.jpg

Each of your Get to Work builds are very nice! :) I have posted about some of them and the latest ones are very nice too! The exterior designs of the buildings are very nice! Magnolia Bakery is very pretty! The colour scheme of the building both the exterior and interior looks very nice! The rooftop garden is great for the sims to grow plants to use for their cooking. The studio apartment looks very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the areas and levels of the bakery build! The boutiques, book shop and the florist shop are so very nice too! The Modern Boutique Gym is a very nice place for sims to go to enjoy keeping fit using the fitness equipment there in a very nice setting. It is great that you have an indoors pool at the gym. The hanging white robes look very nice on the wall in the pool room. I won't write about all the builds because there are many of them, but each of them are so very nice! :)
  • kaylaaswannkaylaaswann Posts: 15 Member
    These are all so adorable! I love love the floral shop!