Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Detective can't find suspect!

KevadeliisuKevadeliisu Posts: 4 New Member
My detective has been trying for several days to find a suspect in an area but nobody has seen her. I have all the clues (female, teen, brown hair, tank top, slacks, ambitious) but I spend all work day asking people if they've seen the suspect but no one has. Is this a bug or do I just have to keep trying to find her day after day? And will she still be a teen then? Could some of the clues be misleading? The bulletin board has an option to "deduce clues" also, should I use that?
I would really appreciate some help!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat! Looking for an elder suspect, got all the clues etc etc...but she won't turn up! It's like she doesn't want to be arrested. :P

If anyone knows how to sort this out I'd appreciate it!
  • Options
    KevadeliisuKevadeliisu Posts: 4 New Member
    I had another unsuccessful detective work day, trying to find the same suspect and just at the end of the day, 2 guys pointed to a direction and asked "Isn't it HIM right there?". My suspect is a female and there wasn't anybody at that direction..
  • Options
    KacrpKacrp Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having same problem....my detective has been looking for the same suspect for 5 or 6 work days now and the people in the area point and say isn't that them right there etc etc....but nobody is on the map with the description clues...and I have all the clues as well ......
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Wonder if it could be one that is pointing the finger at someone else?
  • Options
    abbyo48870abbyo48870 Posts: 166 Member
    I also have this problem; it's infuriating! I can't move on from detective without solving ONE case, and this is preventing me from it.
    EiEgvr2.gif
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    I am having this problem now and have been finding the suspect but she never come out.

She is a female, blond hair, Adult, wear short sleeves and jean but nothing matches at all...
  • Options
    SithCat138SithCat138 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2015
    My detective has been looking for the same suspect for a few days as well… I can't find her anywhere! I have all the clues but no one on the map matches more than one or two of them. She's female, a teen, wearing a jacket, wearing a skirt, ambitious and has red hair. I'm worried my suspect has grown up or something… and there's also a shortage of people with red hair :/
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    Witnesses do sometimes point you in the wrong direction. My sims sister was playing chess in the park with some guy. I questioned her after I questioned a previous witness. They both pointed out some guy in the rec. center dancing. After the whole situation, my suspect turned out to be the guy my sister was playing chess with.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Witnesses do sometimes point you in the wrong direction. My sims sister was playing chess in the park with some guy. I questioned her after I questioned a previous witness. They both pointed out some guy in the rec. center dancing. After the whole situation, my suspect turned out to be the guy my sister was playing chess with.

They aren't going to rat out a friend. lol ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    My detective has been trying for several days to find a suspect in an area but nobody has seen her. I have all the clues (female, teen, brown hair, tank top, slacks, ambitious) but I spend all work day asking people if they've seen the suspect but no one has. Is this a bug or do I just have to keep trying to find her day after day? And will she still be a teen then? Could some of the clues be misleading? The bulletin board has an option to "deduce clues" also, should I use that?

Try getting one more clue. Seven may help instead of six. At least it may take you back to the station to run more tests on the evidence. And make sure to always check those faded out items for fingerprints they always give a clue. I'm sure you have much more evidence in your inventory try testing more of it. Or if you have the option (own your on) go use the 'talk to chief' interaction and see if that helps. Sometimes, they are either inside or out. Like one time they were in the bar, but next time they finally popped up at the portal in the street at another business..so if you have seven clues it may help more. Just to jar something loose. Not because you really need that seventh clue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SithCat138 wrote: »
    My detective has been looking for the same suspect for a few days as well… I can't find her anywhere! I have all the clues but no one on the map matches more than one or two of them. She's female, a teen, wearing a jacket, wearing a skirt, ambitious and has red hair. I'm worried my suspect has grown up or something… and there's also a shortage of people with red hair :/

Word of advice don't use the CAS cheat in this game to alter townies. This may mess up the game being able to produce the suspect as someone did this earlier last week and couldn't find the suspect because they had changed some townies with the fullcheat in CAS.
  • Options

ETA: you will just get an embarrassed moodlet if you try to deduce clues, I think there has to be something more than high logic to be able to actually do that. My Sim has a logic of eight or nine and can't deduce them.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Deducing clues is a random outcome, my detective sim is logic 10 and still only deduces a clue 50% of the time.
  • Options
    Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    I've not had this issue so far.

Well, except my townies never (and I do mean never) point in the right direction for the suspect, even if said suspect is sitting right in front of them. (I've tested it lol ) I just put the game on pause and go hunting for them on my own.

I also put the game on pause while looking for clues to make sure I don't miss something........and I've nearly missed things several times. I stopped trying to be in a hurry when running test ect and will run extra when I have the time because it increases the odds of getting a good description and finding your suspect.

At first I had issues trying to figure out what to do for the interrogation. This would have been nice to have it included in the mini tutorial of day 1 btw. But I *think* I might have it figured out, sort of. At least I finally successfully got someone to confess. lol

I must say, so far the open careers are challenging, unlike Ambitions. I don't mind that at all.

My cop was on patrol, had cited 2 folks for fighting. He must've made a witness mad because next thing I know she attacked him. Once the fight was over, he cited her too. lol Would've been great had I been able to arrest her for assaulting an officer. lol I never expected that.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

They aren't going to rat out a friend. lol ;)

Haha, yeah... maybe that's it!
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    becks11bobbecks11bob Posts: 1 New Member
    When the clue is wearing slacks.. What even are slacks?
  • Options
    Pants, rather than shorts.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    becks11bob wrote: »
    When the clue is wearing slacks.. What even are slacks?

A pair of pants. They're a bit more fancy than your normal pants usually. Depends really.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Gabby18Gabby18 Posts: 89 Member
    I have the same thing! I was stuck for days on the case. Yesterday I just stopped with the detective career. It get's really annoying after a few days. It sounds like a bug to me.
    Origin ID: FallenAng3L91

sims4_zpsjvn3eqfy.png
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    My detective is trying to find a male teen in blue jeans, with brown hair and has the ambitious trait. However, teens can't get ambitious trait so I cant find suspect. Is there anyway to reset the crime board and start on new case
  • Options

Teens cant have ambitious trait. Im looking for about the same suspect except mine is teen boy with ambitious trait.. Must be a bug or something

• Options
    How about just a male teen in blue jeans with brown hair... seen him around?
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Tris93Tris93 Posts: 57 Member
    Yea when I did the detective career I noticed I didn't see the suspects that were described either. So I usually just go by gender and hair color, if they match your going downtown (yes I'm a bad cop, I know smh) :neutral:
  • Options
    How about just a male teen in blue jeans with brown hair... seen him around?

The only teen male that has shown up is the same one. He is wearing cropped pants, short sleeve shirt. I tried to arrest him and it said I had wrong person so I was penalized. I have gone to 5 different areas and he is at each one but cant arrest him

• Options
    kyoakiarakyoakiara Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I've also encountered this issue as well with a female teen with red hair, tank top, shorts and the ambitious trait, the only problem is there's never any female teens with red hair in any of the lots that I get sent to and nobody can point me to them. I tried issuing about 7 APB's for them and nobody with that description ever pops up.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top