Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is an amazing mod for story progression if anyone wants it!

mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
edited April 2015 in Gameplay Mods
One of the reasons why I stopped playing TS4 was because my generations kept getting way too far ahead. I'm not a rotational player either. I just like to focus on one family and one family only. Thank you to Deaderpool for making this amazing mod! It really makes ts4 much more enjoyable for me and I might get back into playing it again.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

**Please Read This**

Because I don't want any confusion on how to install stuff, I will give a short installation guide on how to install this mod as it is confusing.

1. Download the core mod: http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1517123
2. Download the settings file: http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1516387
3. Place the zip file of the core mod into your mods folder
4. Unzip the settings file and place the settings.cfg file into your mods folder
5. Download the other modules that you want (pregnancy, population, cleaner, and dresser)
6. DO NOT unzip the modules and just place the zipped files into the mods folder just as you did with step 3.

If you want to change any settings, you must edit the settings.cfg file with notepad or a notepad-like program.
Post edited by mwdonohue on

Comments

• kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Wow posted just 4 days ago and already over 13,500 downloads, seems like people want story progression :open_mouth:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    Wow posted just 4 days ago and already over 13,500 downloads, seems like people want story progression :open_mouth:

Yep! I was one of those people. I am going to play the game (with GTW) and see how well it works. GTW put in a pseudo story progression but I have heard it is glitchy.
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    You know if a modder with free time can introduce basic Story Progression in the game Maxis really has no excuse not to add it in the future now.

I think Modders have made EA lazy in some ways, it's like Twallen and sims 3 all over again, they know modders will fix things, so why should they bother.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
    You know if a modder with free time can introduce basic Story Progression in the game Maxis really has no excuse not to add it in the future now.

Ain't that the truth... Someone has to be really dedicated to the game to put this amount of effort and code into a free mod for the community. EA could do it. The devs said it was too hard (at one point before launch) to incorporate it. This makes things much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you SOOOO much!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    and this mod will be the excuse for maxis stop of work in a storyprogression, since now mods are doing it, then why we gonna wate time/resource and peoples(maxis way to think), let's mods do this and we get sims 3 all over again in sims 4.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    Do this mod work fine with gtw? I'm thinking to try it :)
    Evaliyn wrote: »
    Do this mod work fine with gtw? I'm thinking to try it :)

I can confirm that it does work with GTW.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Thank you for this post I am downloading it now!
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Mods = Evil.

>:)
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Ahhhhh why can't they just put it into the game!?!?!? I am computerlly challenged so I don't risk getting any mods or cc because I'm scared of screwing something up but I want story progressionnnnn :(
  • PandererPanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Just looking the description makes my brain hurt.... Do we have to use a lot of command codes to make it work or something? Seems complicated to me, or maybe I'm just over-thinking it.
    qR08FrB.png
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Yay story progression! Something only modders will ever get right :cry:
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

Modders break stuff. :'(
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

I'm one of the lucky ones.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Mods = Evil.

>:)

Justine Keaton = Evil
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member

Keep telling yourself that lie and your nose might snap off.

giphy.gif
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Thank you SOOOO much!

EDIT: Warning to everyone! This mod put my game in an infinite loop of loading! After I took it out everything was fine. I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the fact that I have Get To Work, but still. Be careful!!
    I'm having the same problem... I want this mod but I get the infinite loading screen too.
    Panderer wrote: »
    Just looking the description makes my brain hurt.... Do we have to use a lot of command codes to make it work or something? Seems complicated to me, or maybe I'm just over-thinking it.

You only have to change the settings if you want to. No commands. It does everything autonomously. :)
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Ahhhhh why can't they just put it into the game!?!?!? I am computerlly challenged so I don't risk getting any mods or cc because I'm scared of screwing something up but I want story progressionnnnn :(

You won't mess anything up. Believe me. I put it in my game and it is fine, just download pregnancy, population, settings, and the core mod (McCmdCenter) and just copy them over, all unzipped (except for the settings--you must unzip the settings) and put them into the mods folder.
    Thank you SOOOO much!

EDIT: Warning to everyone! This mod put my game in an infinite loop of loading! After I took it out everything was fine. I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the fact that I have Get To Work, but still. Be careful!!

It might be incompatible with other mods. GTW isn't the problem because I have it too and I put it in just fine. Do you have other mods?
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member

Not all of us want it.
  • PandererPanderer Posts: 247 Member
    edited April 2015
    mwdonohue wrote: »

You only have to change the settings if you want to. No commands. It does everything autonomously. :)
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

*Phew* thanks! Off to download!
    qR08FrB.png
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Why won't EA hire these people....
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
    mwdonohue wrote: »

*phew* Off to download!!

Make sure you download the settings.cfg and the core mod. There you can download the other modules.