Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited July 2017
    I just started back at retail after a long time and hope the patches would have fixed it, but it's only got worse. Customers just stand around chatting still, employees standing around despite high skills, promotions and set tasks etc.

Customers enjoy walking into the store at first then all walking out around the back of the shop! uhhhh
    CBoPm4Y.png
  • Options
    LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    Just got Get To Work yesterday. Really like it. But the retail part is kind of a bummer. Customers just stand around talking most of the time and employees are a bit slow. May just be my game though.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    > @LauraMSim said:
    > Just got Get To Work yesterday. Really like it. But the retail part is kind of a bummer. Customers just stand around talking most of the time and employees are a bit slow. May just be my game though.

Mine are the same, and then when they do choose to buy something, its like the product cant be accessed so they change their mind :S
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I like the get to work EP but there are some bugs with two of the careers I've notice:
    Lag with the invention robot on the science career lot and sometimes there is a bit of lag with the chemical analyzer on the detective career lot.

Though it would have been nice to see more active careers other than just those three and the three from city living.
    Other than that it's pretty good.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Sophiebear2002Sophiebear2002 Posts: 67 Member
    Get to Work was my first ep - and I love it! I haven't encountered any bugs with the pack since I bought it a while ago, and it definitely helps you to create more diverse backgrounds for your sims (due to new jobs and being able to own a retail store). Being able to play with your sim while they're at work is great :smiley:
    X19cKdm.gif
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Personally, I enjoy it. I do wish there were more active careers, but I believe that's something that can be added later. However, I will say that there are certain aspects of the Doctor and Detective career that bug me lol.

Doctor career:
    Why can't the orderly help my sim fill available beds in the hospital? It would help my sims out SO much while they are busy diagnosing and treating sims that are already filling up beds. Why can't the NPC nurse help diagnose patients as well? These little things add more realism to the game and it helps take a heck of a load off of my sims busy day as a doctor. Also since Coolspear1's mod added the ability to let the patients checking in to sit down and watch tv while they wait, can Maxis/EA also do the same thing? It again helps out a lot.

Detective Career:
    There are still glitches and bugs that need tweaking in this career. I'm glad the option to interrogate was fixed in the game, however finding the correct suspect is still a challenge in the game. It seems to be bugged in that sense. It would also be kind of cool if the feature of adding a partner in the game was available and lets say burglars are added in the future what if the sims you have in the detective careers could get a wake-up call in the middle of the night, by their partner and able to go to catch said burglar. (I know wishful thinking lol) either way, I don't have a lot of issues with the detective careers, except finding the right suspect.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    I'm on the fence about Get To Work because I don't want my Sims to get sick all the time like in the Sims 2. I would like one of my Sims to be a cop and another an entrepreneur though. Does the additional gameplay outweigh the sicknesses addition that comes with installing this pack? What do you all think?
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Bearflex wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about Get To Work because I don't want my Sims to get sick all the time like in the Sims 2. I would like one of my Sims to be a cop and another an entrepreneur though. Does the additional gameplay outweigh the sicknesses addition that comes with installing this pack? What do you all think?

They can order medicine (computer) and heal instantly. My sims don't get sick that often but I've read that it's an issue for some others.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

I couldn't order medicine through the computer for the longest time, and then suddenly I could. To me, getting sick is a minor annoyance. One Sim will come down with something, maybe infect some family members, and usually be over it in a day or so.
    It's kind of fun, because they break out in the most interesting patterns!
    If they've fixed the "Can't find the suspect" glitch, the Police career is a lot of fun. I love the Scientist career the most. I'm kind of meh on the Doctor career.
    Overall, I'd say it's been worth it.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    I don't want the medical career, because I work in a hospital and have enough of that is my real life.
  • Options
    vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    I think its great!
  • Options
    vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Great expansion pack but I wish the new world that was created had more detail and lots in it.
  • Options
    GreenPenguin5GreenPenguin5 Posts: 34 Member
    I really enjoy the expansion pack!
  • Options
    SavorySageSavorySage Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have to say this is one of my favorite expansion packs. My only wish is, I could play it again like it was when it first came out. I didn't have a problem with my male sims getting abducted and coming back pregnant. If I didn't want them to get abducted, I figured out how to stop it from happening. Wasn't that hard to figure out. I missed the part where the sims were getting abducted while at work. I know for sure I would have laughed at that one. I also didn't mind when my male sim was married to a female alien and getting pregnant at the same time when they tried for a baby. Was kind of cool to me that they experienced the pregnancy together.
    I think there is something wrong with having to download a mod for something I paid for to begin with. If there was a way to get the original version back, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    In the past you had to buy a telescope and then the aliens would find you. I don't want any pennant make Sims. Is there a way y2k turn aliens off? They allowed thouto turn out zombies in The Sims 3 Supernatural.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited September 2017
    > @LauraMSim said:
    > Just got Get To Work yesterday. Really like it. But the retail part is kind of a bummer. Customers just stand around talking most of the time and employees are a bit slow. May just be my game though.

Mine are the same, and then when they do choose to buy something, its like the product cant be accessed so they change their mind :S

I just decided to try out running a retail store again as I got bored with it the first time around quite quickly. I decided to put a wall stereo in so that it wouldn't be silence all the time. Big mistake! I thought this was fixed in a patch but all the Sims wanted to do was dance until I turned the sodding thing off. Then all they did was stand around and talk. When I FINALLY got one of the customers interested in buying he broke off from the conversation to go rummage in my bins instead.
    I think I'll stick to setting up retail Lots so that my other playable families can be sent there purely to purchase. I do find them useful for that. That way I don't need every Sim to become great at all skills to have access to all the food, garden produce, upgrades, woodwork, written books, paintings, etc.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I wish there was more active careers. But for me the biggest thing this pack is missing is items you can only buy in stores. In the sims 2 you needed to go shopping for more clothing if you wanted more. While I don't mind how the retail system is now I wish there was a reason to go to a clothing store to buy clothing. If they can add more hobbies like sewing and clay making and maybe a station to make our own toys and such with a skill it would be alot better. Then we can at least design cloths and sell it or go buy a certain one someone else designed.
  • Options
    So this may have been answered before, but is owning a business considered a real career now?
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    So this may have been answered before, but is owning a business considered a real career now?
    Nope. The game still treats them as unemployed.
    Same thing happens wth owning restaurants.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've been playing Lilith Vatore as a Police Officer, and I'm loving all the details in that job. The way she mutters to her self when she's issuing citations, finishing off interrogations with the Crazy Cop interaction, and something I just noticed last night: Among the coffee rings and scratches on the interrogation table, there's the silhouette of a pair of pliers.
    What kind of interrogations did they do in the old days?
    And remember the Easter Eggs? The ones that would sometimes burst into flames if you tried to Transform them?
    UWfuUU3.png
    Post edited by TheLibrarySim on
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingLaurenSimmingLauren Posts: 4 New Member
    I love Get To Work, I just don't love how glitchy the Detective career is. It doesn't seem too bad now, but when I first purchased the EP I spent hours looking for the suspect to find absolutely NO BODY matching the description.

Out of the 3 extra careers, Scientist is my fave. :D
  • Options
    GirlyyamersGirlyyamers Posts: 3 New Member
    I found no bugs with the pack but I think there needs to be more careers such as. singer, fashion, education. I also think that you should be able to break your arm and visit the hospital not just when you are having a baby
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    I am concerned. I have read through some bugs and issues on this thread, and a lot of those things I am experiencing in my game (eg in the Detective career, clues don't seem to match the suspect, and in the Medical career, the receptionist and the other nurse are just chatting and standing in the lobby). I have just started playing again in the game, and just bought the expansions for this game. It is concerning that the same issues from when these packs were released are still happening right now. These should have been addressed already given that GTW was release 2 years ago. Have the devs just completely forgotten about this pack?
  • Options
    MaxNekoeMaxNekoe Posts: 12 New Member
    idk it was fine
  • Options
    triGtriG Posts: 15 New Member
    Owning a store is probably the only reason why I purchased GTW, though the other activities are also fun I prefer opening a small tent and selling anything from rocks to fish
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top