Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yep Science career is the best of the three. The police and doctor career just makes me furious and frustrated. Furious because there is police and doctors but unless I am playing the careers - these places do not exist in my game - they are useless in the game otherwise and there is no real interactions with the rest of the game. Like we should see the lawlessness and crimes in our game whether or not we are in the careers. The building should be there all the time even if I never play those careers. My sick sims should be able to go to the hospital and get treated there not play doctor and call for meds on the pc. That is crazy. The only career truly playable and that makes sense at all is the science one period.

Why all the disconnect Maxis? Makes no sense.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Please let us have the option to disable aliens
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    I am having a problem with managing employees at a retail lot...

I tried resolving this myself having read some of the solutions offered by @rosemow and I guess they worked... but not satisfactorily. Here's the issue:

I originally hired one employee, "E1". I made the hire by selecting the register and "manage employees," selected randomly from six available sims. I was only able to hire one sim at that time as the other two positions were locked pending store rewards points to buy the option to unlock those employee positions. Regardless, when I returned to this lot from another household, there were two (2) additional employees that I had not hired.

When I returned again as the owner of this lot the two additional employees were there, but when I "clicked" the register to determine what their skill levels were and where to assign them, the "Manage Employees" window was vacant, completely blank.

Individually, I could "click" on each employee, and manage to assign tasks for example, but the broader Manage Employee menu, where you could gauge talent simply was not unavailable.

Reading the forums indicated that I should sell the lot and then repurchase it to free up the menu. So, I did that. And yes it freed up the menu, but all the employee positions had been emptied, and still only one slot was available to hire. The other two slots were still locked pending store rewards points purchase.

So, I used my store points to make the other two slots available. Okay, so I want to hire back my original crew, especially E1, but of the six available employees, none of my crew are listed. "Fine," so I hire the two slots from random, and once I have all three of my slots filled, E1 becomes available for hire. "Cool!" so I fire one of my new hires...But nope. That doesn't work because the employee I just fired now appears in the list of available hires displacing E1 from the list of candidates.

"Really?"

What am I doing wrong and is there a way around this other than establishing another bogus business to hire undesirables out of the employee pool and then deleting the bogus business?

Thanks in advance for any advice / work-arounds.

Cheers,

Peter
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    hello @pjericksim - I can't help you but I sympathize. I tried managing stores but after problems similar to yours I just stopped that part of the game.
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    I am having a problem with managing employees at a retail lot... I originally hired one employee, but when I returned to this lot from another household, there were two (2) additional employees that I had not hired.

When I returned again as the owner of this lot the two additional employees were there, but when I "clicked" the register to determine what their skill levels were and where to assign them, the "Manage Employees" window was vacant, completely blank.

Okay, in that previous post, I explained all the failed steps I had taken to resolve this issue.

Having thought about this for a couple of days if I had this to do all over again... first I would use my store points to make the other two slots available to see if it gave me control of the two new employees... and if that didn't work, then I would go through all the other steps of selling the store and hiring different employees.

Cheers,

Peter

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The retail is still not working... customers are still gathering chatting! It is beyond annoying now. My favourite part of the whole sims series is reduced to this....
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    How about when we go to work we actually have important tasks to do instead of just aimlessly wandering around looking to interact with patients.
    Make our sims supervisor tell us what to do, or just like in ts3 university make the sims automatically go to complete tasks, etc...
  • LindowLindow Posts: 2 New Member
    This is the place for you, the players, to tell us, the studio, what you think of The Sims 4 Get to Work.
    • Tell us what you are enjoying and why.
    • Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    • Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.
    Happy Simming!
    Can anyone.help me guys??
  • LindowLindow Posts: 2 New Member
    Can anyone help me guys? My current expansion is get to work. But now I want the get together expansion how to replace or change the expansion? Thanks.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Think overall i like the expansion pack, but i think the different shop models could been balanced better in profit, as it is right now most them don't generate a lot of profit compared to just picking and advancing in a career. Unless you make an art studio. For instance phography makes a really underwhelming profit, would been great if pictures earned a bit more and you could for instance have retouched pictures to on a PC to increase their sales value. Then you have reseller options like selling furniture and ect, but second you buy something in build mode the furniture value decrease when you resell so how will you ever really profit reselling it in a store even if a 50% added pricing value.

Then if you take City Living you can actually earn more just selling at the flee market because how high you can set the market price and you don't really need that much sales skills as get to work.

Think a patch should been made for get to work where the PC character could advance in sales skill too, instead of it just working completely of confidence and customers barometer.

Think again Expansion in terms of game play i find really fun, but think it lacks financial gains using different business models, outside the mainstream art studio. Since you with career advancement can easily make 1500Simeleon for about 3hours work. Where having a store less you make a art studio will have a harder time earning same returns in same amount of time. So right now it feels only worth while to me if you make a art store or simply like gameplay enough not to care if the profit part is extremely low.
    Sorry for double post but could not find out how i edited my post, but another thing i almost forgot. Would been nice if you could somehow scheduled when your workers show up. So they don't all arrive same time and leave again after about 3-4hours depending on if you over work them or not, if bit annoying if you have open more than 3 or 4 hours then last time you will be completely alone handling all customers. Rather than been able to have 1 o2 workers shop up for 3-4 hours then last employer show up when their shift ends for instance.
  • Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    In true I find GTW to be kind of lackluster.
    there are only 3 real jobs and for retail/restaurant you can't register as an owner. Where in OFB you could register as an entrepreneur, so in this case you are unemployed and don't get any benefits from your work other then money.
    The 3 jobs are more of a hassle then great content.
    As for the retail/restaurant owner path it doesn't seem to matter how skilled you crew is you will have to show-up everyday or you start losing money.
    The amount of work you have to do to move the bar is ridiculous, and 1/2 the tasks are just busy work.
    When you have task like eat something from the vending machine/ microwave you have to ask what does this have to do with being a Doctor.
    Add to this that we have restaurant to go to, so why was the chef career not lifted to a active job.
    Now don't get me wrong I love most of what you've done with sims 4 but this one was just meh.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I'm really not a big fan of GTW, having to follow your sim to work nearly everyday to improve performance is just not all that appealing to me. I'm a family player and I don't want to spend the whole sim day with just one sim.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • DougyhowzerDougyhowzer Posts: 24 New Member
    So far , I am very disappointed . I created one sim and tried the doctor profession . It doesn't bring any value to this game other than tasks . Their is no real meaning to the expansion . It lacks decisions making and consequences . Only three playable careers , and it doresn't much incentive other than to do tasks that increase performance that can lead to promotion and better pay , but even most of the non active careers already function like this .

Also when I was playing the doctor profession , it seems like the work day would fly by really quick , and any interaction with the patients was non compelling and talking to fellow coworkers was task driven based .
    Tenchi2a wrote: »
    In true I find GTW to be kind of lackluster.
    there are only 3 real jobs and for retail/restaurant you can't register as an owner. Where in OFB you could register as an entrepreneur, so in this case you are unemployed and don't get any benefits from your work other then money.
    The 3 jobs are more of a hassle then great content.
    As for the retail/restaurant owner path it doesn't seem to matter how skilled you crew is you will have to show-up everyday or you start losing money.
    The amount of work you have to do to move the bar is ridiculous, and 1/2 the tasks are just busy work.
    When you have task like eat something from the vending machine/ microwave you have to ask what does this have to do with being a Doctor.
    Add to this that we have restaurant to go to, so why was the chef career not lifted to a active job.
    Now don't get me wrong I love most of what you've done with sims 4 but this one was just meh.

Don't think employers are bad if you skill them up and assign them right tasks they can actually lessen some the work load, only big issue i find with them is that they're there only a few hours. After that you're running store by yourself since you can't really assign a work schedule. Other than that it is true they're not very good autonomously so you will have to be there to assign task and manage them. Think what most do wrong with their employers are they don't manage them enough, then they expect them to sell same way as when you juggle a sale. That not how i find they work, they will answer questions and talk with customers which will help customer quicker make decisions on what to buy. If you pick customer sale assignments, but then you will still either have to call up the check yourself or have someone assigned to that. Since employers can only handle one task at a time it seems.
  • buecherbinebuecherbine Posts: 19 New Member
    First of all, I really liked the Scientists and Doctors career and played them to the end. The Detective career on the other hand was so repetetive that I got bored and stopped playing it altogether. Isn´t the job of a detective a little more diversified? At this point even handing out tickets for parking violations would be a welcome diversity. I am sorry to say, the detective career really needs a do-over!

Owning you own buisness is so-so. I like the idea of it, but at the moment it is not offering enough challenges to be fun for me. And it bugs me that you can´t have your shop and your home on the same lot. (I have a family of four, that has a home that is only used, if I oversee a Sim coming home from work, and a shop with their real flat on the next floor.)

It is nice that baking was added, but could you please also add a matching aspiration?

And yes, as someone else was mentioning before, please give us the option to enable Aliens. They are fun for a while, but it annoys me to hear their high pitched quacking everywhere (I think I wasn´t to a flee market in City Living without an alien salesperson loudly promoting their goods, yet).

• lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    I really like this EP and still play the careers all the time, but of course there's a few things I would improve or change.

The doctor career is by far my favorite, and I don't think the tasks are too repetitive. I am a family player, and will follow my sim to work right after they get a promotion, then work towards what's required for the next one. Sometimes I get it finished that same day, then I will send them on their own so they can build their performance. I don't need to follow them to work to do that, so I can focus on my other family members.

The retail system does need work. My biggest disappointment with this part of the EP is that I couldn't run my own restaurant on my own. If my sim is starting out with their own burger joint, I should be able to seat, serve and cook for my guests to cut costs. Only having a couple tables, it's easily do-able, and gives you more to look forward to in terms of getting help to expand and then helping out where you see fit besides clearing table and talking to customers.
    The photography aspect needs help too:
    -ability to take family pictures with all ages included in the photo
    -ability to ask someone (npc) to take your picture who automatically has level 5 skill
    -choose the pose (maybe not too specific but "take fun picture, take romantic picture etc)
    -be able to place framed pictures on tables!!!
    -the chatter between customers is really annoying. They spend too much time at my lot just chatting to each other and not shopping.

I do love having it in my game though. :)

I welcome getting more active careers in the future - not just the semi-active ones like from CL. I like that there is a variety to choose from for each of my sims.
  • ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    This is the place for you, the players, to tell us, the studio, what you think of The Sims 4 Get to Work.
    • Tell us what you are enjoying and why.
    • Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    • Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.
    Happy Simming!

I absolutely LOVE this pack!!! I love that we get to run our own businesses and actually go to work and complete goals to raise our position. It is still my favorite expansion pack!
    harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg
  • 1_2BuckleMyShoe1_2BuckleMyShoe Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm sorry if this is a repeat that somebody mentioned before, but I have to say something about it as well. I never had a problem with it before until this new update(?). One of my sims is trying to issue an APB in the Detective career. I have plenty of clues of which are jeans, short sleeve shirt, hates children, male, blonde hair, and is a teen. EVERY TIME I go to the location that particular suspect IS NEVER THERE. I wait. I pause the game. I search. I send my sim back to the police station. I send them back out. I try again on another day. Same thing. This has been going on for a couple of days now and I'm getting fed up. I even tried arresting sims that were close to the description and that ended poorly.

What do I do now? Can someone help me? Please? I don't know how to progress in the game if that suspect doesn't exist. Is there a way to reset the clues or APB?
  • lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    I'm sorry if this is a repeat that somebody mentioned before, but I have to say something about it as well. I never had a problem with it before until this new update(?). One of my sims is trying to issue an APB in the Detective career. I have plenty of clues of which are jeans, short sleeve shirt, hates children, male, blonde hair, and is a teen. EVERY TIME I go to the location that particular suspect IS NEVER THERE. I wait. I pause the game. I search. I send my sim back to the police station. I send them back out. I try again on another day. Same thing. This has been going on for a couple of days now and I'm getting fed up. I even tried arresting sims that were close to the description and that ended poorly.

What do I do now? Can someone help me? Please? I don't know how to progress in the game if that suspect doesn't exist. Is there a way to reset the clues or APB?

There is a way to reset your case or assign yourself a new case through testingcheats I believe. I think you just shift+click on your sim, or maybe the computer? It's been awhile since I played the detective career, but that worked for me once.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member

Hello @1_2BuckleMyShoe
    Other simmers are having the issues that the eventual suspect doesn't fit the clues given.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-up/td-p/4486122
    Try arresting other sims that don't meet the description. There is particularly an issue with teens. Try going to the crime location after 4 pm. and see if you arrest the suspect sim then.
    If the issues remain, you may be able to adapt what is written and use the cheats in this blog post to cancel/get a new case ( from step 12 onwards )
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/
  • TherachelclayTherachelclay Posts: 1 New Member
    Awesome! It's a shame that only 3 careers are interactive. They should get schools interactive aswell! Sims 4 university :smile:
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I have fun playing detective, I just wish there will be more active careers like GTW in future.

The Sims Game
  • Ksimmer1217Ksimmer1217 Posts: 19 Member
    I love get to work I like being able to pertake in the work day. But, I think there should be more careers such as teacher, fashion, zookeeper/vet. I think that would be nice, I would also like to see being able to go to school with the teens and stuff.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    My only real gripe about GTW is that the Doctor career is pretty tedious compared to the other two active careers. There's not as much opportunity for roleplay as the other two have and co-workers are constantly in the way. Otherwise, it's a pretty good EP and I've had quite a bit of fun with it so far.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top