Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

Comments

• RapunzelRapunzel Posts: 130 Member
    Only 4 additional lots...
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey!

Its Howdy Simmer!

How ya doing?:)

I just wanted to inform you that I started a Sims 4 GTW Lets Play yesterday! I was recording Part 3 today when
    one of my sims was going off to the science lab to work but then it crashed on the loading screen! I repaired the game a few times and I tried the game about 4 times but it crashed all those times! Could you please fix this? People really want to see it in my LP but they can't because it keeps crashing! (Doesn't do it for any of the other careers)!

Thanks

Howdy!:)

Yikes! I have flagged this with the team and will get back to you with a response as soon as I can.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited March 2015
    Erm has anyone noticed elderly sims in the clothing store suddenly having regular colored hair... as in they had grey hair when they walked in and blonde when they left.

Edit: I just watched it happen, they try on the clothes and their hair color changes.

Example...
    03-31-15_3-22%C2%A0PM.png
    03-31-15_3-23%C2%A0PM.png

Don walked back there grey-haired and tried on the suit, when he went to his regular clothes he had black hair.
  • br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    I love the games, I'm currently exploring the doctor career. I tried the scientist but my game kept crashing. tried to fix it but nothing is working.

not to big of a deal because it wasn't a career I was going to go deep into but it would be nice to try it out.

also when my sim goes to sleep when it reaches 5:00am the time skips back to 4:00am.
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I am in love with this expansion pack so far! I have only explored the business part of it because that is all I have had time for but it is amazing! I love the fact that you can sell almost ANYTHING you want to! I love the mannequins and the fact that I can try the cloths on!

I kind of wish there was exclusive clothes that you can only get from the mannequins because it seems kind of weird buying clothes when we already have everything in the dresser. Also, my employee doesn't want to stop talking and actually ring customers up. So far, those are the only things that bother me but they are minor in my opinion. 9.5/ 10!
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > jjmiddleton1 wrote: »
    >
    > Hey!
    >
    > Its Howdy Simmer!
    >
    > How ya doing?:)
    >
    > I just wanted to inform you that I started a Sims 4 GTW Lets Play yesterday! I was recording Part 3 today when
    > one of my sims was going off to the science lab to work but then it crashed on the loading screen! I repaired the game a few times and I tried the game about 4 times but it crashed all those times! Could you please fix this? People really want to see it in my LP but they can't because it keeps crashing! (Doesn't do it for any of the other careers)!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Howdy!:)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yikes! I have flagged this with the team and will get back to you with a response as soon as I can.

Thank you!:)
  • samkelly1107samkelly1107 Posts: 29 New Member
    > @MarianneSimmer said:

> I like that you have to convince costumers to buy. It's challenging. It just baffles me that no money is exchanged and no card is swiped. How are they paying?

they are paying with paypal of course on the ipad! lol although this does make me wonder why there is a cash register
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    > @MarianneSimmer said:

> I like that you have to convince costumers to buy. It's challenging. It just baffles me that no money is exchanged and no card is swiped. How are they paying?

they are paying with paypal of course on the ipad! lol although this does make me wonder why there is a cash register

They are giving away their passwords for the clerks to type in too?
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    OFB retail stores were way better. But these new careers can't be beat! Soooo much to do! Loving this EP.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    This is the place for you, the players, to tell us, the studio, what you think of The Sims 4 Get to Work.
    • Tell us what you are enjoying and why.
    • Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    • Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.
    Happy Simming!

Hi @SimGuruBChick

1. Tell us what you are enjoying and why?

I'm really enjoying the retail aspect of the game. I'm able to open the store when I finish my shift at the hospital. It's amazing. The whole aspect of going to the actual workplace is fantastic. You guys have created such a great first expansion pack.

2. Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.

I have come across a couple of bugs/glitches while in game.
    - Time keeps jumping back and forth.... sometimes when I'm at my store.... the time will jump back and forth. For example; it might be 7:00pm but the time jumps back to 6:30pm.

- Employees not going home after store closes. I had my employee still cleaning the store after everyone left. Even though this is great as it was dirty.... I don't think that's what should be happening.

- Freezes. I have experienced a couple of freezes while in game.

That's all I have so far. Thank you developers. Looking forward to seeing what else you guys have planned for this year.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • QuxxnMe94QuxxnMe94 Posts: 9 New Member
    I spent the first few hours building my bakery. After that i started playing and it's been running much better then it did before. It wasn't awful before but i did notice some improvement. I have yet to experience the 3 careers but i did play with the retail business and I love it. I know you can't run a business from your home lot but i built a small apartment above the bakery and my Sims have been practically living there about four days.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    QuxxnMe94 wrote: »
    I spent the first few hours building my bakery. After that i started playing and it's been running much better then it did before. It wasn't awful before but i did notice some improvement. I have yet to experience the 3 careers but i did play with the retail business and I love it. I know you can't run a business from your home lot but i built a small apartment above the bakery and my Sims have been practically living there about four days.

They really need a lock door feature. It's really really needed.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • madarmadar Posts: 53 Member
    remember when in OFB you could have real bakeries,restourants,home buissenes,hair saloons,you could promote workers
    get to work is missing so much in the retail aspect
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited March 2015
    I am having a lot of fun with it and I haven't even played a single career. However I did have my sims visit premade retail lots. I do wish customers were rung up at the actual register. I also miss the cute animations Open for Business had such as angry customers throwing their bag down when they had to wait too long. Haven't even opened my own business yet so that should be fun.

I am having loads of fun with the photography but can you PLEASE exceed the "2 sim" group photo limit? I wouldn't even consider that a group photo! The photo studio isn't as cool as I thought it would be because you can't even take a picture of a whole family which would be AWESOME! Speaking of which I was also disappointed you can't mix ages when taking pictures???!!

As I said I have yet to explore a lot of things so I will give more feedback when I actually do an active career.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    UEASTON wrote: »
    I am REALLY enjoying this EP! I like that your household can own a retail store, and individuals can still have other jobs. Right now I have a doctor and cop in my household and it's so fun to go to work with them.

I heard on another thread that you can only have one sim per household in a career. Nice to hear that isn't true. I was disappointed.

How do your family members at home fair while your sims is at work with you? I tried taking 1 sim on vacation without the family and it was a "disaster". No one was taking care of needs - everyone unhappy. My sim came home 2 days early. Hoping this is better.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @ems0309, I think she meant the emotional aura, but I don't think that's the problem. Apparently, you can't restock from your inventory. However, you can remove the little "for sale" sign, put a new crystal in that spot, and set that for sale again. Your employees can't do it, but it probably won't take any longer for you to do it than to restock.

Things I really love (besides the usual new jobs! retail! new hair and clothes! aliens!):

I love it that the store my sim owns is still open when she can't be there to manage it. I play rotationally, and it's great that my other sims can go and shop there (and, according to SimGuruGraham, she'll get the money from their purchases).

I also love it that my detective sim was sent to patrol at that same shop and presumably will be sent to patrol other community lots that exist in my game.

I like it that the woman working at the chemical analyzer has the same hair style as Abby Sciuto from NCIS. I'm also glad to see that the police chief and his co-workers are the same people day-to-day.

Looking forward to doctor, scientist, and aliens.

One glitch I've discovered is this:

I have a sim with the Party Animal aspiration. He completed his "get silver on 3 events" just by going to work as a detective. When people start asking why they're getting the Achievements for throwing parties when they haven't thrown any parties at all, you'll know why.

It's a little disconcerting that the same group of customers keep showing up, but I can live with that. It's much better than getting no customers, which was the case in Midnight Hollow, or only a few, which I had in TS2.

Overall, this is a great expansion!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I set up a fresh game to play at being a Scientist* and am really enjoying it so far. The animations are delightful!

So far, though, all my co-workers are homeless game-created Sims, not any of the 50-plus non-played Sims that I put in the world, which is a bit disappointing, given that I put in lots of famous scientists and the like in the world. If this is deliberate, I hope it might be changed so that housed non-played Sims will show up as co-workers.

I was also expecting, when I went back to Magnolia Promenade, to see the same Sims working in the stores, but they were different ones. They do include my housed non-played Sims, though! Poor Carl Sagan didn't think he'd end up working retail.

* (I started a fresh game, with only one played household, because my regular game is a rotational one, and I've set it aside because my unemployed played Sims are being given jobs even though the patch notes say it's supposed to be only non-played Sims.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    edited March 2015
    It would be nice if I could play with the Scientist career on high graphics, but I can't. I've contacted Customer Support, and it took 2 hours for them to say "Contact later" because I was confused. Also Objectives- RUIN THE CAREERS. They really do. I ranted about this before, but EA you really made the careers repetitive with the objectives. So much that they aren't fun anymore. I understand some of them "Patrol Streets", or "Find Clues", but why do you limit us in the Science Lab. I don't want to be reading books, or gossiping. I'd rather invent. We can't ignore them either or we'll get fired. I know you guys are reading this. YOU.REALLY.MADE.THE.CAREERS.REPETITIVE. Fix them, and I'll give this EP 10/10. At the state now it's a 7/10. Also Open for business is limited. 3 employees really? Sims 2 we could have as many as we want. How are we suppose to get skill points if we only have 1 employee, and they can't do ring up, and restock at the same time. This pack is half baked IMO. Also, why can't I have my 3 scientists in the same area? It makes no sense. What If I want them to socialize? I can't. This pack is very half baked. Actually I'm giving it a 5/10. Classic EA, making half baked EP. Not falling for it anymore.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Wikdwikkan wrote: »
    I wish I could but for some reason, it's not letting me play the game! Even though I pre-ordered months ago! It's still showing it as greyed out (even though there's no option to download or install.) Any ideas on what's wrong?

If anything fails you will have to manually uninstall origin (last origin update messed up my ability to play and it was greyed out like yours). But first go into chat with the EA help is very quick and they will guide you through the manual uninstalling and installation or anything you had to do. It was very quick
    I set up a fresh game to play at being a Scientist* and am really enjoying it so far. The animations are delightful!

So far, though, all my co-workers are homeless game-created Sims, not any of the 50-plus non-played Sims that I put in the world, which is a bit disappointing, given that I put in lots of famous scientists and the like in the world. If this is deliberate, I hope it might be changed so that housed non-played Sims will show up as co-workers.

I was also expecting, when I went back to Magnolia Promenade, to see the same Sims working in the stores, but they were different ones. They do include my housed non-played Sims, though! Poor Carl Sagan didn't think he'd end up working retail.

* (I started a fresh game, with only one played household, because my regular game is a rotational one, and I've set it aside because my unemployed played Sims are being given jobs even though the patch notes say it's supposed to be only non-played Sims.)

I heard simgururomeo said if you play a household (carl sagan) and put him in science career and go play with him a little and later you play your current household there is a chance you will see from time to time your carl sagan there :) like coworker. Did you try this?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

I heard simgururomeo said if you play a household (carl sagan) and put him in science career and go play with him a little and later you play your current household there is a chance you will see from time to time your carl sagan there :) like coworker. Did you try this?

I'll have to try that just to find out! Though I was hoping for some randomness among housed non-played Sims' assignments that way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • nortonsapplenortonsapple Posts: 31 Member
    I really wanted to take group photos. it is such a disappointment that I can only have two sims in a photo even when using the photo studio object. I thought that I might be able to take a family photo of my sim families. and not being able to choose the poses is also an issue. but I love the concept I think it just needs a little work to bring it up to its full potential.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really wanted to take group photos. it is such a disappointment that I can only have two sims in a photo even when using the photo studio object. I thought that I might be able to take a family photo of my sim families. and not being able to choose the poses is also an issue. but I love the concept I think it just needs a little work to bring it up to its full potential.

I completely agree and already mentioned this. It would be awesome if you guys could improve the photography skill in future updates!!
  • nortonsapplenortonsapple Posts: 31 Member
    I also forgot to mention the inability to mix ages when taking the photo is a real kicker. moms can take pictures with children our grandfathers with grandkids. It just leaves the whole family idea out of the game. I mean the whole idea of a photo studio starts with family photos no one goes to photo session with one of their friends and never takes a photo with their family. i would expect these results from our standard photobooth. i wouldn't have even been disappoint. I expected so much more with this thought. Its the primary reason I brought it. As for the rest of the photography based gameplay I think I will like it. I like that I can rotate and change the size. for that I am happy.
    edited March 2015
    hellojewby wrote: »
    OFB retail stores were way better. But these new careers can't be beat! Soooo much to do! Loving this EP.

They were annoying though in OFB. I remember of things like sims employed would quit without telling you anything if you didn't immediately increase their salary after they got a skill improvement. It was very annoying. I hated the cash register too. They started queeing and when I closed the shop they would be there blocking me of closing the shop. I love OFB but it had its issues. It didn't have the mannequins either that are very cool now (it was kinda limited) and NPCs didnt really get the clothes and used them in the case of a clothes store (in furniture they would keep the furniture though).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top